Chantecaille Lipstick

4.7

Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Paraffin, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Polydecene, Candelilla Cera (Candelilla Wax), Glyceryl Diisostearate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Talc, Dipentaerythrityl, Hexahydroxystearate/Stearate/Rosinate, Ozokerite, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Ethylcellulose, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Dicalcium Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, BHT, Hydroxycitronellai, Linalool, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Amyl Cinnamal [ /- all sorts of different dyes]

on 6/26/2003 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have 4 of these lipstix and in general like then very much. The colors I have are Fig, a neutral rosy brown with no shimmer; Nebula, a sheer rose with a small amount of shimmer; Rosewood, a deep reddish brown with no shimmer; and Lotus, a dusty rose with no shimmer. The texture is slightly greasy, which may help lips that are dry. There is no discernible taste or fragrance. Wear is average. The packaging is more than minimal: each chrome-finish tube comes in its very own little black grosgrain drawstring bag. I admit I have kind of a mini-obsession with Chantecaille color products and would not hesitate to buy another color or two. Others would cringe at the $21USD price tag and overpackaging. I understand the price has gone up to $24 since I bought mine. Oddly enough, though, I can't complain about the price: I got the Fig in a swap and the Nebula from my Secret Santa! I did pay full price for Lotus and Rosewood. (NB: The color swatches of these lipstix on Neiman Marcus' web site are not even close. This is true of Chantecaille shadows and foundations as well IMHO. Do yourself a favor and shlep into your nearest NM store to see the colors in person.)

on 3/22/2003 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best lipstick I ever used!! My favorite color is Lotus (thanks for my best MUA buddy!). The texture is so good, color is gorgeous! Just addicted to it. It's moisture enough that can use without lip balm. The only thing is the expensive price!

on 1/13/2003 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After reading the reviews on Chantecaille's Sheer Lipstick, I couldn't wait to order it. I was seriously hoping for a lipstick to fall in love with! I ordered Helios from Neiman Marcus, and the color swatch looked really nice. (Now let me say, that a month ago I ordered a Poppy and a Cynthia Rowley lipstick from Sephora and I vowed never again!! I hate Sephora's color swatches, which nothing like what you receive, however I had high hopes for NM.) WRONG!! Ok, firstly, this lipstick does feel nice, true. It is very lightweight lipstick. The color however is nothing special. I was expecting a orchid-y pinky shade. What Helios is, is a *very* sheer pink, with very little pigmentation. My disapointment really is not the fault of Chantecaile, but rather NM. I vow, once again, not to buy lipstick online, however, I just looked at the Lafco website, and Stuf lipstick look really good...
This is an update on my original review. I WAS WRONG! I love this lipstick! I put Chanel's Pin Up Glossimer over this, and it is absolutely beautiful. Helios is a great, subtle color. I can't wait to try more Chantecaille products.

on 12/1/2002 5:21:00 PM

As I have written in other reviews, Chantecaille lip colors are my absolute favorite from dept. stores. I have 3 lipsticks that I use and love-Flax(warm muted pinky-brown),Rosehip(deep mauve w/hint of brown) and Amande(warm peachy/pink/brownish-difficult color to describe) and all are very creamy, last long and heavily pigmented. I have several MAC lipsticks but these pale in comparison to these. In fact, I think I will only buy Chantecaille lippies in the future, as no other brand comes close to this quality.

on 10/10/2002 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Based on the fact that I love Chantecaille's sheer lipsticks, I decided to try the line's regular lipsticks. Bad choice for me. I prefer sheer to slightly sheer creamy formulas. Chantecaille lipsticks are definitely creamy but intense in the amount of pigment that is deposited on the lips. I only liked the lipsticks after some serious blotting and for this kind of money I didn't want to waste a thing. The lipsticks didn't dry my lips, but overall this was not a look I like. However if you are a fan of full-coverage lipsticks with intense pigmentation, you have to try this line because Chantecaille's quality and beautiful color choices cannot be beat.

Update: The right color choice made a huge difference. I found a color in this lipstick that works for me and have fallen in love with this lipstick formulation. It is creamy with a lot of pigment, very moisturizing but feels weightless on the mouth. These lipsticks are beyond compare.

Popular Lipsticks