April 19, 2014 | 1772 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula - 2012/2013)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by kris20makeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so disappointed that this foundation has been reformulated!

I have been wearing the previous discontinued version all of last year and this year (as I stocked up last year at a revlon factory sale) and i ran out just a few days ago.

So i bought this new version, same colour (150 buff chamois). I was glad that they had installed a pump due to hygienic reasons.

But when i applied it to my face i felt an instant tingling/ burning sensation which i have never experienced with the product before (or any one of my other products). It lasted only from a a few seconds to a minute and then settled down. I also realised that it wasn't as thick as the previous formula (which i wasn't bothered by that much). However it didn't smell strongly of paint (like i thought the other one did which was good). Overall it still really matched my pale skin tone and i was happy with it. No burning sensation or irritation was felt during the day as well so i didn't give it a thought until the next day when i put it on again. The moment i put it on my skin, i felt the same burning sensation.

So that's why i'm disappointed, i think there's in ingredients in there (possibly the ones to make it last 24 hrs) that my skin is sensitive to/ being irritated by. Argh! :( Has this happened to anybody else?

I loved this product before and spent a lot of time before then trying to find a foundation that gave me good coverage and suited my skin tone/ type.

I hope once i start (and eventually like) something else that it doesn't become reformulated/ discontinued too!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by fatisfoxxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used Colorstay liquid foundation oily/combo for more than 5 years. The old formula 16HRS was very good for my very oily combination & acne-prone skin. Did not transfer and did not look cakey. When the newer design and formulation 24HRS, i thought it is going to be better but i was wrong!!! It separates at my nose (oiliest part of my face) and looked really cakey after about 1-2 hours. To the point that i rushed to the nearest restroom to rub it off my nose and applied my maybelline clearsmooth 2 way cake (which wasn't that great but it was an emergency!).

It was my HG foundation before reformulation and i am going to throw this one away, after i find another liquid foundation that is long wearing with med-full coverage yet doesn't transfer. If anyone have a suggestion please drop me a message!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Minimal coverage and you cannot have any dry patches because it will accentuate them..although to be fair almost every foundation will accentuate my dry patches anyways.

There are tiny sparkles in this. Not glitter and its not as sparkly as their photoready foundation but its still there and its noticeable on my porcelain skin.

This just melts into my skin and disappears after an hour..its not long wearing, I can barely touch my nose and it will rub off, even when I use a powder ontop.

I will keep this around for light coverage but I won't be buying it again (especially not for $12.99).

I wish I would have tried the old version before but Im too late on that one! This review is for their reformulated version of 2013.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by justmigrating

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Combination/Oily skin formula

Pros: The Ivory shade matches my incredibly pale skin. Goes on easily and blends easily. I can build the coverage I need to hide my rosacea. And it really stays on! No rub off or fade.

Cons: I can't get past the strong paint smell that gives me a headache. Dried my skin.

Normal/Dry skin formula

Pros: The Ivory shade matches my incredibly pale skin. I can build the coverage I need to hide my rosacea. Doesn't have the horrible paint smell of the Combination/Oily skin formula.

Cons: Major pimple break out! Rubs off. Feels greasy to the touch.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, I have never tried the old formula so I can't speak for the old Revlon Colorstay. But, there is SO much hype around this product that I finally cracked and bought it. I would have to say, it is quite an expensive drugstore foundation - it retails about $21.99 at Shoppers.

Boy was I disappointed with the product! I have stated how I don't really like the drugstore foundation packaging where it comes in a glass bottle with no pump so it's hard to travel with. It most definitely does not have full coverage but you can probably layer until you get the desired finish (kind of defeats the purpose though). I do have to say it offers medium coverage but I found that it oxidized on me after half an hour after applying. Although I have the combination/oily formula, I find that it does somewhat help control oil but not for very long.

It also states that it is also long-wearing (24hr) but I find that it definitely wears off a bit during the day and isn't as good as my Rimmel Lasting Finish. For the price that it's sold for, I can't find myself repurchasing this product since I kind of gave up on it after my third try.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Kimsam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This would get 4 or 5 stars for me if it didn't break me out and give me rashes. I have really sensitive fair skin. I have oily skin and this would stay all day with out transfer. It's more of a full coverage. If you have skin that's not easily irritated and need some coverage this would be a great one. I love it and still use it on special occasions... But over all I can not use it often.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by iluvMUA

I bought this in June and the first time I put it on, it made my dry patches on my face show up.

If I put on foundation, I DO NOT want dry patches to automatically show up.

This is not worth the time and it comes with no pump bottle either.

supposedly Revlon reformulated this product in early 2013.

Oh and it also made me look like a shiny disco ball too.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my HG foundation for years since a few years ago when I decided to switch to high end foundations. As time went by I got tired of trying many foundations and decided to return to my old trusty one just to find out this is not what it was. I found that Revlon changed the formula and the result is this useless new product.

The color I used is now too light; it's not matte but sticky and dewy; is not full coverage anymore, at most it can be built to medium coverage. I'm very upset to have lost the only "drugstore" foundation that worked for me.

I won't repurchase this, I found a new substitute in a local brand here which is very similar to what this was years ago.

I think that if Revlon wanted to improve at least they would have included a pump to make it more hygienic.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Felecia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I remember actually liking this stuff at one point but decided to venture off into other foundations looking for the one that rocks my world. I thought maybe there isn't such a thing and I should go back to Colorstay but this stuff looks horrible.

I bought my usual shade of Buff and my face look like plaster of paris was on it. I even waited a few hours and thought it would settle in but it never did and my skin showed every imperfection.

I did not realize this was reformulated until I saw the reviews today so no wonder it so bad. I thought maybe my face was to blame. Yuckeers.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by nframp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this product not realizing they had recently reformukated it. What a terrible product. Somehow it has both minimum coverage, all my blemishes show through, yet still makes your skin look super powdery and obviously looks like you have makeup on. Terrible product, very disappointed. PUT A PUMP IN THE BOTTLE!!!