December 20, 2014 | 1398 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Revlon, what the $&¢!?¡ the original formula for oilycombo skin was a god sent! It had terrific coverage, natural look, not too thick, wore amazingly, never came off until I used makeup remover and never ever ever broke me up. It was definitely my hg. Now I prowl my local big lots waiting, hoping the it will show up there and only find Revlon's nearly naked which looks so watery. Anyway, I did notice when I went to repurchase (in a different color because I am muuuch darker and tan) that the letters were white and the cap had a 24 hour sticker. I thought, Huh they made the packaging different nbd.
I'm Nc35-40 most of the year and wear 330 Natural Tan which is a bit neutral on my golden undertones but it works. Now I'm Nc44-45 and did my research and bought Toast. Well. Let me first say this makes me break out like nobody's business! When I poured it out discovered it was much thicker, so less is definitely more. Usually I would use two shakes of the foundation to get a great coverage and it was runnier then the new formula. With the new formula one shake was almost too much foundation. Yet, this did not give me great coverage even with the amount I applied! I have a bunch of redness and scars from acne on my cheeks and even with the thickness of this, you could still see the redness!! What the hell Revlon! With the old formula it was not so. My scars were covered flawlessly! I never experienced this drying fast with the old or new formulation and it set to a matte finish, much more matte then the old one but I thought that was OK, I have extremely oily skin anyway. I went shopping with my home girls and hugged one of them and saw some foundation transfer on her shirt. OK, what?! I never ever had problems with transfer except with loreal true match. *sigh* the foundation felt heavier and heavier by the hour and after a lot of shopping and being about my foundation looked fine.

Woah! Before I forget, my body is nc44-45 but my face is nc30 light 😔. Because my face does NOT TAN for some crazy annoying reason. It looks odd without makeup on and people think I fake tan which is extremely annoying. The color toast was not the perfect match. It was slightly orange... My skin is much more yellow golden BROWN when I'm dark, why does Revlon think when you tan you are orange??! Not all of us fake bake you know! I considered maybe the color would match better if my face was maybe Nc42-45 but then realized no matter what color your face is the foundation undertone should not be orange. In photos it was obvious I had a wrong color foundation. Whatever, all this aside, this was horrendous to come off. A pain in the @$$ if you asked me. I used two makeup wipes, cold cream and my cleanser and toner and I still had some on! Ok 24 hours I get it but it was ridiculous. My skin was not affected that night but when I woke up the next morning, I woke up to the ugliest face ever. Breakouts on my lips (I do put foundation there to prime for lipstick) pimples all over my chin the very red painful ones, pimples on my nose which I never ever get! Pimples all over my hairline and forehead and strange skincolored bumps on the bridge of my nose getting close to my right eye. I automatically knew it had to be this foundation. I looked on mua to see if anyone had similar reactions, and people have, the orange tone and the breakouts. My skin hardly breakouts anymore so this was honestly a nightmare. I know some of you will think bah she didn't remove it properly. But I really really toned my face until all product was off. Even on my hairline. I used my Queen Helene Mint julep mask (which is great) so my skin can purge and all the effect from the foundation can come out and way more pimples on my chin and forehead appeared. I'm currently treating them and going bared faced after bc of this breakout disaster. Only. After. One. Use.

I love cover girls 3 in 1 foundation, but the colors aren't so amazing. The golden tan for when I'm nc42 is too light, I swatches soft honey to replace my revlon 330 and it looks too light. I don't know what to do, my beloved revlon color stay has been reformulated for the absolute worst. Also I never cared if this had a pump or not but the new cap is more plastic-y and easier to drop and harder to screw back on. Its a shame revlon did this to my favorite foundation. 100% disappointed in you revlon, I'll be spending my money someplace else.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by MizzahPanda

This foundation is good for my skin. I used the this foundation for about a week and I really loved it because it does last a long time, it doesn't patch up, and it had medium-full coverage. But I've been more focused on clearing my skin rather than just covering it. I've reads lots of review about this products and they says it's very clogging to the pores, oily, and just not good for acne-prone skin. and guess what, it's true.. my sister had problem skin and she have already try this products.. it's doesn't give a good texture for sensitive skin.. But for me, it's just fine.. for my skin it's just great! it's just one of the great foundation i've ever used♥

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by aperilpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the one foundation I will use for the rest of my life! I have extremely oily skin and i've tried almost every foundation there is, from drugstore to high end, but this foundation is the one I always come back to. I use the one for combination/oily skin. I don't stay matte all day long, but I don't end up as oily as I would with any other foundation. It stays put during long days of work and long nights out. While they do have a large color selection, I feel as though they're only made for women who have pink undertones. I wish they would come out with more "yellow" colors... I still haven't found my perfect shade yet =/ Also, the bottle sucks.. it definitely needs a pump. But other than that, I recommend this foundation for oily skinned ladies.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by spirovelvet

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. First of all, the packaging it's so bad because you have no control because it doesn't have a pump and how it is a very liquidy foundation it can be a mess if you are not careful. I got like two shades lighter than my skintone but it oxidized on me and it turned like my skintone like an hour later I applied it. It has a good coverage but it's so heavy and it looks cakey after a while. One day I wear it for 24 hours straight and it lasts very well. I have acne prone skin and accentuates my zits, and it has like a powder finish which i don't like because I don't use powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried to like this foundation. The color is like an identical replica of my skin color (Cappucino). Unfortunately, this foundation looks blotchy after application and I have not experienced this with my beloved MAC. I was hoping to like this for the price however, its not working out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation has the honor of being one of the few makeup items I've actually returned to the store--I hated it that much. I wanted to like it because of all the raves by beauty blogs, so when a BOG1O deal presented itself, I bought both Caramel and Toast for combination/oily skin (I'm somewhere between NC42-44). The Caramel was too dark/cool-toned, and while Toast was a perfect match, this product WRECKED my skin. It didn't break me out, but it dried my skin out, making me look like an old woman who had tanned too much in her life. The oily parts of my skin (my cheeks) looked great and glowing, but everywhere else felt dry and 'tight,' and I had fine lines and flaky skin appearing around my nose (an area where my skin tends to be on the dry side), where they weren't before. The tightness and the fine lines persisted even after I stopped using the makeup, so I stopped wearing makeup for about a week and instead carried around moisturizer to hydrate my skin whenever it started feeling tight, which was often throughout the day.

I tried applying this with a foundation sponge as well as with a brush (and smoothing out with my fingers). I believe I also used a primer one of the days I tried this out, and it had the same drying effect. I don't want to have to buy two different formulas of foundation for the oily parts of my face and the dry parts of my face. Maybe I was doing something wrong in terms of application or type of primer, but I don't want to use a foundation where I NEED primer to stop the foundation from ruining my skin.

The packaging is also annoying -- it's a thick and sticky formula, but it's just sitting in the bottle so it's hard to get out of the bottle. You'll need a stick of some sort to get it out because tapping the bottle onto your skin won't work.

Maybe my mistake is buying the 24-hr formula, but it looks like the earlier formulas that everyone raved about are no longer available.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by cozworth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved this foundation and used it faithfully for 10 years. Then they changed the formula.

Now it turns a slightly orange color when I wear it. It has a gooey, unpleasant texture no matter how I apply it or what I use to set it.

In addition it causes me to break out - which the old formula never did.

It used to be a superior product. Now it is no better than any other drugstore foundation.

HEY REVLON! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? YOU TOOK SOMETHING AWESOME AND MADE IT LOUSY!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I really, really like this stuff. My skin tends to be on the oily side, so I use the formula for oily skin. It blends better than the Estee Lauder foundation I bought in the same time frame, and I found myself turning to the ColorStay more often than any other foundation I had. I use the 240 in winter and the 310 in the summer. High-medium coverage. I find myself using this in place of concealer even when I don't want full foundation on as it doesn't settle into and accentuate lines like concealer can.
I got the wrong color the first shot, I gave it another shot and found the PERFECT color for me. I don't think I'll ever stop using this.
Make sure you thoroughly remove, soap and water alone (even with toner after) won't cut it and you'll be sure to break out. MU remover a must.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am constantly trying out different types of foundation for my skin type and this one is pretty high on my success list. I would definitely say I have your typical teenage skin. My acne can get anywhere from mild to somewhat severe in just a few days, which calls for heavy coverage. My skin is also very combination like. Some spots are oily, other parts are dry. This foundation works well with my indecisive skin. It starts as a medium coverage and very easily builds to a full coverage without all the cakiness that most full coverage foundations would have. I typically have a tough time finding my exact shade however I easily found mine in this foundation on my first try. The thickness of the formula is what I would consider 'average'. It's not super runny but not super thick either. It definitely looks its best when applied with your hands rather than with a brush or sponge. However, I wish this foundation had a pump. It's a little pricey for a drugstore foundation but the results are definitely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by dcalhalabi93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

"Would I buy this again?" ......I answered "Yes" but Im torn between yes and no.

As far as a foundation goes, this was decently priced which is what attracted me to it. I liked the glass bottle which gave it a high end feel and I liked the 24 hour promise because I hate when foundations cake up after only an hour or two.

The coverage of this is really good and it does a great job of evening out my skin tone and, given enough coats, covers blemishes and red spots. Plus there is a lot in the bottle and I found a little goes a long way. I have had mine for months now and it is still going strong.
Basically, this product will do in a pinch and has been my "go-to" foundation.

On the negative side, even though the formula claims it is oil free, I find that this formula is HIGHLY pour clogging. I have not been putting on makeup except when leaving the house and so my skin is usually clear and blemish free. But as SOON as I put on this makeup even once, my pours are clogged and I find blackheads and clogged pours showing up within days or even a couple weeks after. (Yes, it can take up to 2 weeks for something you put on your skin to show up later in blemish form...look it up! ) Even putting dot of makeup in my palm and running it under water you see the water bouncing right off and even with some scrubbing it takes a while to get it off of your fingers. .

Sooo its fine for once in a while use, but if you wear foundation every day or even every couple days I would recommend something a little more healthy and light for your skin, or at least invest is a pretty abrasive exfoliate for your skin afterwards to clear out your pours and break up the mask of makeup. Otherwise, your skin will start hating you and even more so if your skin is prone to blemishes/clogged pours like mine.