L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

I bought this in the shade medium, to use it primarily as a (primer for my) bronzer. My skin is fair, so this works wonders as a base and for that purpose, this product is amazing! I don't know if I would use this as it was intended - as a BB cream, all over my face. I think even the lightest shade would be too dark for me. However, if you do find the color to be a bit off, I would suggest using it as mentioned.
It blends like a dream, doesn't look cakey, it has a beautiful light texture but is also sufficiently pigmented, and you can easily build it up. I usually top it off with my Mac bronzer in Gold (matte) and it looks so natural, I am completely blown off. I would also use it on a small blending brush to contour my nose and give some dimension to me eyelids. I love it for that and I would definitely repurchase.

My mother always taught me when I was young to not wear drug store makeup (i used to wear that awful cover girl makeup that made me breakout as a young teenager) So i was a little hesitant on giving this a try. I figured since I had never used BB cream before that instead of going and spending $40+ dollars on one from sephora that I would try a cheap one to see if i even liked the concept. This BB cream will freak you out a little bit when you first try it, it comes out white and has little beads that break open to blend the colour out. I have a lot of blemished but i find when I use this and some concealer my skin looks better then when I put a bunch of liquid makeup on. I have been using this for 2+ years now and have no desire to try a expensive brand. I use Chanel foundation when I am going out and this for my daily routine. If you are looking for something to cover up imperfections this is not for you it is not a foundation at all, it really just gives your skin some colour. As for the packaging I wish this came with a pump I always end up squirting out more then I need.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this stuff for a year and can't get enough of it. I use it as my liquid foundation and then put powder on top of it. When you squeeze it out don't be concerned that it's white because when placed on your skin it changes colour. With my combination skin it makes my face look flawless. I would recommend this to everyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have never in my life ever returned a makup product to the store before. I purchased this in light and on my NC20 skin it appeared very orange. I shook it and tested it and always orange. I thought, hey maybe I can use it as a bronzer but then it just looked too orange! Rite Aid gave me my money back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is great for days when I have to get my makeup on fast! It covers redness easily, but blemishes will need extra attention with concealer. I love that it doesn't settle onto my smile lines! It claims to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct, honestly I can't disagree. This bb cream contains vitamin E, which is great for acne prone skin, any skin for that matter! The finish is natural and a bit on the tan side. I just wish this stuff had SPF!!! Also I feel that you get a relatively small amount of product, (it would maybe last a month if used every day) but for ten bucks that's not a huge issue. Overall I would recommend this to anyone with a face!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really like this BB Creme for days where I wear a tiny bit of makeup. The fairest shade is actually light enough for my pale skin. I apply a thin layer of this to my face, and I barely notice anything. But what I do notice is my pores look a little smaller, my skin looks a little smoother and slightly less red.

I could add more product for more results, but I love this BB creme because I can apply it without a mirror and it takes such little time to blend. It's kind of mistake proof.

It has a nice smooth finish - not too shiny or too matte. I don't need to add powder or worry about touching up. I can apply it and forget it.

I purchased this to use under my foundation just for A little added coverage. It does even out my skin tone, not full blown but that's not what it's meant for anyways. I like that it makes my makeup go on smoothly over it

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Let me just start off by saying I love this BB cream. It is a staple product for me especially when I need to get my makeup on quickly. I use my fingers and rub it in and it evens out my skin tone and makes me look 10x better. Though it does not cover blemishes completely I think that's perfectly fine as I just use a concealer over those areas! My skin looks really natural with this and I don't think me slim has ever looked bad with this stuff on! I love it! However it does looks slightly orange but it's barely noticeable. I do set this with a powder because that's what I do with all my foundation/BB creams but I think oily skinned girls may have to be careful when trying this out as I think it may make you oily throughout the day. However with my normal to dry skin I think this is perfect and I will most definitely repurchase this

This product was nice. It comes in a squeeze tube form, so I just squeeze it out on the back of my hand. It looks like a white liquid with dark beads in them, and when you rub it into your skin it adapts to your skin color. You need to shake it well before you apply, or else it may look dark or orangey. It also does not have spf, so you'll have to apply that on before the bb cream. It doesn't feel heavy and lasts for the entire day. Feels smooth, and covers up really well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this stuff. Possibly my Holy Grail face product. It is by no means what a traditional BB cream, but in my opinion i see it as an equivalent for a foundation. Its great for everyday, and even for formal events since its a product that you can put on your face and trust it to look great without searching for a mirror every hour to check on it. I get hormonal breakouts and the pimple every now and then anyways, plus i have redness around my nose. 1-2 layers of this evens out the skin beautifully and then extra coverage for pimples can be managed with a bit of concealer, resulting in a beautiful natural skin textured look.

Pros:
- The 'Fair' shade is light enough for pale princesses/princes
- Very long-wearing
- Quick and easy application with fingertips
- Light to a medium-buildable coverage (in my opinion)
- Packaging is easy to travel with and dispense the product
- Sits nicely on the skin
- No SPF (pro in my opinion as it makes it great for flash photography)
- Doesn't get patchy or break down from the oils on your skin
- One tube will last you a relatively long time

Cons:
- I find touch ups necessary after 7+ hours for my t-zone; however, it touches up great and you can keep wearing it from morning to night
- Depending on where you buy it, it can be pricy (go to Walmart!!)
- The packaging writing wears off once you've been using it for awhile
- It can be hard to get out the last bits of product
- Gritty texture because of the pigment beads (doesn't bother me, but it could to some [it does smooth out once blended])
- Not the hugest selection of shade colours (but i haven't used any other colour than Fair so theres a good chance the darker shades adjust to various skin tones)
- Need to add SPF on your own if you like to have that on your face
- Sometimes it settles into the lines of your nostrils (but can be easily fixed by blending out with your finger)

I have purchased and used up completely 4 tubes of this stuff, they've reformulated it once shortly after it first came out to make it less gritty and in my opinion the Fair shade also got lighter afterwards.