November 28, 2014 | 1020 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by rheamango

I love, love, love this product. The coverage is perfect for me, the finish lovely, and works well plain or as a primer. It evens out my skin tone, makes my skin look flawless, and doesn't feel heavy at all. Of course, this isn't like an Asian BB cream, but I love it as it is. I wish it had SPF in it, but I usually save this stuff for the winter or pair it with a moisturizer with SPF.
I used this throughout high school (I have dry/normal skin) and never had any problems with it it. When I wanted to wear foundation, I'd just use this as a primer. And honestly, it took me almost a year to use up a tube of L'Oreal BB cream. It works well with blush and concealer and it's just one of my favorite drug store BB creams.
Don't be scared when it first comes out gray or the texture because the finish is great and it works well to go half a shade darker (I haven't tried half a shade lighter yet since I'm between shades).
I just apply it with my fingers and my skin is just visibly different. For me it's always been long-lasting and goes well with everything I put on. If you're comfortable with light make-up and get dry skin, then this is the perfect product for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this.
The colours are very light and I use this as a primer. Is that what everyone else does too??
I personally love the silicone-y feel in primers so this works well for me.
Jury is still out on its perfecting mechanisims as I think its really only a tint that feels like a silicone primer. It also does not make my makeup last so long as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ACA53Y

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely swear by this stuff! I had flawless skin until I was 23 and then, out of nowhere, fought a terrible battle with acne for the next 2 years. While my acne has finally subsided it left my skin less than perfect. I hate using foundation because I'm not used to it and it's not great for your skin so when BB creams came out this was the first one I tried. And I fell in love. I have since tried many others, but I always go back to this one. It doesn't have the coverage of foundation, but it does cover my acne scaring and I just use foundation over top to hide any blemishes. It keeps my skin looking bright and glowy all day and it has never made me break out, in fact, I think it has actually helped in my skins recovery. The tube may not be very big, but you also don't need very much product- i think that may be a big part of the issue for some of the negative reviews as I've noticed people who say there's not much product also seem to think it melts off the face/ clogs/ and leaves a white or sunblock type sheen to the face. If you use too much of it then it can have that effect. A little of this product goes a long way. For reference, I use this product every single day and a tube will last around 4-6 months for me. It's better to use too little and build up then start out with too much. I took off a little for the packaging. I squirt this on my finger tips and rub it in and the cap in conjunction with the consistency of the liquid makes that application process difficult. I end up balancing the tube in the cap which causes the product to pool in the cap which equals lost product and a messy cap. But considering that's the only downside I've found to this product I will continue to buy this every time I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by templesgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Iam very oily and acne proneand this is now my new primer . Normal face primers have a tendency to leave me very oily and slick this as a face primer works beautifully I find it's almost a little bit tacky it really holds my foundation into place .as a normal BB cream I would probably pass on this product it does not provide enough coverage for a BB cream to be worn alone but as a face primer it's absolutely fantastic my skin is oily and I usually have to blot every 2 to 3 hours anyway but is definitely holds my make up in place all day long so as primer I give it a five , as a BB cream I give it a two.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by RiS123457

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Before I get into this review, I'll just tell you about my skin. If you don't feel like reading this long review, I'll have a summary at the bottom. I have combination skin, really dry cheeks and oily t-zone. So it's hard to find a product that works with that. Also, I'm extremely white, no joke. So it's also hard to find a product that doesn't oxidize on me. The first time I tried this, I hated it. I applied it with my fingers and it was so orange I looked like an oompa-loompa. It also didn't blend very easily. But other than that, I really liked the way it felt on my skin. It didn't accentuate my dry cheeks or look greasy in my T-Zone. THEN I tried it again. This time, I washed my face with Cetaphil, let that sink in and then I mixed this with my clean and clear moisturizer on the back of my hand. I applied it with my hands and this time, it actually worked. It wasn't so orange and it didn't take long to blend. It's very buildable but if you need medium to full coverage, this is not for you. However, it's very light for summer. I just go over my troubled areas with my HG revlon concealer in fair. If you're looking for an easy, simple, lightweight BB cream, this is defintely the one for you!

Summary: If you have very fair skin like me, this will be fine as long as you mix it with a white moisturizer to lighten it up. If you have dry skin, this might not work for you unless you moisturize very well before. If you have oily skin, this will be good for you. This is NOT a full coverage BB cream. No BB cream is. However, it does do a great job at evening out the skin and cancelling out any redness. If you have any troubled areas, you can put concealer on top of this and you will have a nice natural makeup. As for coloring, even if your skin isn't that fair or pale, I'd still get the lightest shade because it's still quite dark. However, if you do get dark in the summer, then get the second shade.

If my opinion changes, I will definitely update this review!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I've tried Maybelline's BB cream and loved it, but I read positive things about this one, so I decided to try it. It's a rather small tube, which I didn't like. It makes portability easy, but you don't get as much product as you pay for. What's unique about this BB cream is the way it comes out of the tube. It's white with small beads in it. When it's applied to the skin, it changes color and it matched my skin very well. I got it in medium and I am always tan, so I think I could use this during winter.

I don't like to wear foundation because it's too heavy at times, so I enjoy using BB creams, but they don't offer much coverage if I were to have a blemish, so you'd have to build this up or use your concealer to do that. This BB cream does not have SPF, so moisturizer underneath is a must. I know BB creams are similar to moisturizers, but applying moisturizer under it will make your skin look smoother anyway, so it's a vital step.

When I apply this BB cream, I apply a thin layer to my skin and then I conceal under my eyes and then use the BB cream again to blend the concealer out. BB creams are pretty good as concealers too, but apply it gently under the eyes, or it might sting a bit. After that, I apply translucent powder, and I like to use Coty Airspun as setting powder. The BB cream dries matte-like, so it's very good for oily skin types, but a setting powder will increase how oil-free your face can be. After applying all face makeup, my face feels smooth and I am ready to take on the day. After about seven hours of working in a kitchen with heat, lifting things, and not sitting down, my face appears dry and matte, but when I touch it, I can feel a little oil or sweat. This BB cream does a good job on staying matte!

All in all, I really liked this product and would purchase it again, but Maybelline's BB cream is also an option. Maybelline's does come with SPF, but it doesn't dry on matte. It depends on what your skin needs. I like to give my skin a lot of moisture, but my skin is combination. It's also possible to switch BB creams during the winter and summer to deal with skin issues that come with these seasons.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by simplieelegant

I think that this bb cream is very nice especially for those with nice skin. The coverage is light but you can build it up. The only thing I don't like is the color selection. I believe there were only 3 shades. To me this bb cream oxidizes one shade darker than my skin tone so if anyone is thinking of purchasing this bb cream maybe buy one shade lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by vmccarthy01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this BB cream a lot. Does not make me break out and i have never looked orangey in it. I have very fair irish skin w/freckles and am prone to break outs. Very light color to it and it blends right into my skin. a little goes a long way, but it is pretty pricey for a small amount though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by kimbySS

I bought this and the first time i used I was LOVING IT! I felt that the color looked really nice on me. but i had a tan in the moment.
When I used it to school, a second grader asked me Why i was looking so orange!!! Then i checked in the mirror and i did look way more orange than I remember it to be.
If only the color was better!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Bellarose3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Thought I loved this stuff..I came on here to write a review about how great it was, thankfully that didn't do thru. The first day I wore it, I was asked if I had a facial. (By my hairstylist!) I also used a drop of glycerin in my moisturizer that morning, which may have a lot to do w that. Anyways, I like how it feels lite, makes skin glow. I can't use around my mouth bc for some odd reason it burns..??? Anyways, that's how I know it's clogging my pores. I've broke out everywhere EXCEPT around mouth. I look like I have red sideburns bc of the acne!! I've never gotten a breakout there!! Also, I can see my pores filled up. I wouldn't say blackhead... Yet. I've never had one, but this is the closest I've got! My skin is too dry to allow anything into my pores.. Or so I thought. Such a shame. I wanted to love this stuff! Oh, and I only wore it for a couple hrs also. 5 max