September 20, 2014 | 1768 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

I love NARS Amour, but some days I am really tired looking or my skin is looking super clear and I want nothing more than a Flush.Amour does that, yes, but I have to use a heavy hand sometimes and it looks really dry,
I have MANY types of blush: Gel, cream, sheertone powder, highly pigged, you name it I have it. If it goes on your cheeks I own it.
I walked into Sephora to buy this *highly* intimating blush. I almost didn't because the lass who put it on me used a rather heavy hand. The associate also, being young, applies makeup in a way that does not suit a mid 30's woman. She powdered to tone it down, and I bought it. I am an innocent when it comes to eyeshadow, eyeliners and even foundation. Blush, I know how to use.
So, when I got it home I applied it MY way. Tap the brush in the pan, then swirl it gently on the inside of my wrist THEN apply to my cheeks. Blend well with my kabuki.
What I saw was a lovely, orangey flush that compliments my skin nicely.
I'll assume the sales associate wasn't very smart, she said I had a " very fair" complexion. Ha ha yeah..no. I'm olive skinned. I can't believe she couldn't see that herself, considering her own complexion was blue it was so white.
I'll let you know how this wears in one week.
***UPDATE*** I returned this blush two weeks ago. While I loved the color, I started to develop a rash. I was hoping I wouldn't because there is an ingredient in it called "carmine" which is crushed Cochineal beetle. I am *very* allergic to cochineal. I returned it and got Red Cheek by NYX.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I read the reviews of this blush and went to Sephora to try it. I loved it! They were out of it, they only had the display one, so I went to two other stores before I found it. It had become a mission!
Last night I was playing with it and put a whole lot on. Even though it was really too much, it looked amazing! Today I have on a more normal amount, and love the way it looks. I think it makes me look younger and more radiant.
I have very fair skin with a warm undertone, brown hair, and hazel eyes. I think it is a great color for me!
Would repurchase but I think it will last so long that I will never need to!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Mischka786

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This blush looks a little intimidating in the pan but you have to be very light handed with it.

I love it and sometimes I layer it with Taj Mahal (again, light handed!) and OMG it looks amazing!

Definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by blacktiedaffair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my 3rd blush from nars. After owning and using both "sin" and "orgasm" for ages I was ready to throw down the money for another one of these amazing suckers. It seemed like ages I had been eyeing this bright red blush but a bit nervous to acquire it because I am fairly pale.With a light hand you can build up the intensity of this blush or even put on just a tad...it's perfect for a truly naturally "windblown" look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by winter100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

hmmm... how do I put this?.... when I wear this blush I look.... satisfied. seriously! I'm not meaning to be crude but its uncanny how completely it mimics my natural flush post.... well you know ;)

this isn't a rosy in from the cold flush where the colour seems to be radiating out from with in the skin, its a "hot", blood at the surface of the cheeks glow.

Now, I think part of this is that I have some rosiness there already which it picks up, but for some reason (Francois' genius?) it doesn't go ruddy, and if anything the vibrancy of exhibit A de-emphasizes redness in my face elsewhere

fantastic colour, lovely texture, out of this world pigmentation but there is one flaw... if you are fair, you can only use the teeny-est tiny-est amount which affects the lasting power (there is just less product on the skin) and makes it a little tricky to apply.

This blush is the ultimate argument for investing in a really good blush brush; you need a brush that allows you precise control picking up product, diffuses it evenly and is the proper size for your cheeks (most are WAY to big). It also doesn't hurt to flutter over the edges of your application with a fan brush, though this is not absolutely essential.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMISFIT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush is one of those products that I had to get my hands on, just for curiosity purposes :) I heard so much talk throughout the makeup world that this is a must-have. so after about a year i finally have it. This blush scares the crap outta me, so I didnt want to purchase it with my own money because it is quite pricy, so i asked for it as a bday gift. This blush can be very intimidating, since recieiving it on my bday, july 10, I have worn it twice. For one, I prefer this matte red as my winter blush. And secondly, i had to figure this out. I had to pratice applying it to my liking and I found a way to make it work. I didnt want to seem like this blush was wearing me, I WANT TO WEAR THIS BLUSH :) So, what I do is, I take a small blush brush and a literally tap it and apply it starting at the back of my cheek and work my way forward towards the apples of my cheeks. and BLEND. I repeat these steps until I have the desired effect. I will say, I was intimidated at first but once I got the hang of applying it, this is a beautiful color. I am NC44-45. It def is red. So b careful :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by sunsetbreeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE this blush, it's definitely in my top 5 favorites blushes. People are usually startled by the bright color but it goes on very light and smooth. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

For my pale self, this blush is a disaster.

For my dark-skinned friends, this blush gives a beautiful healthy glow.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This blush is amazing if you have the right technique. I used this when I went to the Nars masterclass as everyone raves about it and I wanted to try it for myself. I believe that you could use this with a stippling brush but in the masterclass, I used the Nars yachiyo brush - I dusted the product lightly with the brush and then tapped it onto the palm to push some of the product inside the brush and then lightly 'kiss' the cheek after. The result is gorgeous and not something you can achieve with other blushes as it gives you a truly flushed result. It would suit all skin tones including light olive like mine. I thoroughly recommend!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Stephlogan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

FOUND IT! FOUND THE BEST BLUSH IN THE WORLD!

If you're reading this and because you want to know if you should buy this blush, the answer is yes. And it doesn't matter what you look like because it looks incredible on everyone. If you're as pale as snow, it will give a Snow White, just-came-in-from-the-snow flush. If you have very very dark skin it will warm up your complexion and brighten up your face. If you have tan or olive skin, it imitates what our skin actually looks like when blushing so you look happy and radiant.

This color does what Orgasm says it will do. Only way better. And for every skin tone, not just fair and medium skinned people. This looks incredible (maybe best) on dark skin.

If you're reading this because you already have it and want to see what other people are saying about it, doesn't it kind of feel like knowing about a secret treasure that most people haven't figured out yet?

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No