NARS Exhibit A

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Oooo!!!! This one looks like a colour you would use at halloween, but really, it is a super flattering red that brightens up those little cheekies. Yes, you must have a light hand when applying, but once you figure out what brush you want to use (stippling, perhaps) and how much product you can use without looking like a clown, it will become your favourite face-brightening blush. I love it & will buy it again if i ever run out. An overall lovely, matte blush.

This product just looks over the top in the pan, but an artist at Lord & Taylor suggested I try it with my signature red lip. She had very natural, minimalist make up and I was shocked that she wore this shade. She used a long hair fluffy blush brush to apply this to the apples of my cheeks, tapping the pan so lightly, and shaking off the excess on a tissue. This warmed me right up and looks a lot better than a bare cheek when wearing red lipstick. If applied with a light hand, this shade can work on a lot of skin tones, I was shocked and also thrilled to find a new beauty staple.

on 1/9/2013 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This blush interested me for a long time, and I'm SO glad I finally have it in my collection. For anyone frightened of the color in the pan, don't be! It's such a gorgeous, healthy, naturally flushed color on the cheeks. If properly applied that is. It can also be sunburnt if you go overboard. I apply it with a duo fiber stippling brush, or a fan brush to pick up as little product as possible. I touch the brush to the back of my hand to remove any excess, and sweep the color on my cheeks. This one pan will last me a lifetime considering how pigmented it is, but assuming I could ever use it up, yes I would repurchase in a heartbeat.

on 12/3/2012 8:32:00 PM

As an artist who does a lot of portraits, I know that cadmium red is THE color that brings skin tone to life when painting. Exhibit A is cadmium red and yes, it has the same effect on real skin.

As others have noted, use soft brush and be careful when applying but color will make you look warm, alive and vibrant.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

~DDD, neutral-to-warm w/ yellow undertones, MAC Matchmaster 8.5~

I know that many tout Taj Mahal as being THE absolutely-need-to-have NARS blush for people of color. I haven't experienced that one yet (it's on its way to my house as I type this, eee!), but let me introduce you to what I feel is a definite must-have for any complexion, especially my DDDs! I would have never thought this would be one of my go-to colors, but it's simply lovely.

NARS Exhibit A is a super intense, matte red blush. In regards to undertone, it definitely leans on the warmer side and could even be classified as a red-orange. Did I mention this sucker's intense?! It's so saturated with pigment both in the pan and during application that, if applied incorrectly, it can easily lead to the dread "clown cheek." However, this is honestly one of my favorite everyday blush colors! When used lightly it just adds a liveliness to my face that looks extremely natural, and the product melds so nicely with my skin that people think it IS natural. I seem to always get compliments on my skin while wearing this color :)

Now, there is such a thing as overpigmentation, but I wouldn't say Exhibit A falls under this category unless you use a heavy hand/brush. The brushes I like to use with Exhibit A are: the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, MAC 168, and Real Techniques Buffing Brush (from the Core Face Collection). I especially love the latter because its shape allows you to blend the color while applying, which allows for a more natural finish as well as prevents overapplication. For all of these I go about applying it the same way: 1) DAB (and I MEAN dab!) brush ONCE in EA, 2) tap brush on wrist (tap off excess) 3) stipple/tap along cheek toward outer edge of face, 4) blend, blend, blend! With the RT stipple I sometimes go in for a second round, but the other two usually pick up enough color in one tap.

on 11/26/2012 7:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Love love love this blush! It's wonderful. I use it almost everyday. It looks natural and healthy. It's very pigmented so you have to be careful or you will end like Heidi.

on 11/21/2012 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love NARS Amour, but some days I am really tired looking or my skin is looking super clear and I want nothing more than a Flush.Amour does that, yes, but I have to use a heavy hand sometimes and it looks really dry,
I have MANY types of blush: Gel, cream, sheertone powder, highly pigged, you name it I have it. If it goes on your cheeks I own it.
I walked into Sephora to buy this *highly* intimating blush. I almost didn't because the lass who put it on me used a rather heavy hand. The associate also, being young, applies makeup in a way that does not suit a mid 30's woman. She powdered to tone it down, and I bought it. I am an innocent when it comes to eyeshadow, eyeliners and even foundation. Blush, I know how to use.
So, when I got it home I applied it MY way. Tap the brush in the pan, then swirl it gently on the inside of my wrist THEN apply to my cheeks. Blend well with my kabuki.
What I saw was a lovely, orangey flush that compliments my skin nicely.
I'll assume the sales associate wasn't very smart, she said I had a " very fair" complexion. Ha ha I'm olive skinned. I can't believe she couldn't see that herself, considering her own complexion was blue it was so white.
I'll let you know how this wears in one week.
***UPDATE*** I returned this blush two weeks ago. While I loved the color, I started to develop a rash. I was hoping I wouldn't because there is an ingredient in it called "carmine" which is crushed Cochineal beetle. I am *very* allergic to cochineal. I returned it and got Red Cheek by NYX.

on 10/18/2012 10:55:00 AM

I read the reviews of this blush and went to Sephora to try it. I loved it! They were out of it, they only had the display one, so I went to two other stores before I found it. It had become a mission!
Last night I was playing with it and put a whole lot on. Even though it was really too much, it looked amazing! Today I have on a more normal amount, and love the way it looks. I think it makes me look younger and more radiant.
I have very fair skin with a warm undertone, brown hair, and hazel eyes. I think it is a great color for me!
Would repurchase but I think it will last so long that I will never need to!

on 10/15/2012 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This blush looks a little intimidating in the pan but you have to be very light handed with it.

I love it and sometimes I layer it with Taj Mahal (again, light handed!) and OMG it looks amazing!

Definitely worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my 3rd blush from nars. After owning and using both "sin" and "orgasm" for ages I was ready to throw down the money for another one of these amazing suckers. It seemed like ages I had been eyeing this bright red blush but a bit nervous to acquire it because I am fairly pale.With a light hand you can build up the intensity of this blush or even put on just a's perfect for a truly naturally "windblown" look.

Top Rated NARS Products