Alterna Alterna Age Free Caviar Shampoo

3.6

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Alcohol, Glycereth-26, Glycol Distearate, Amodimethicone, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Fennel Seed Extract, Carrageenan Extract, Hydrolyzed Algae Extract, Algae Extract, Caviar Extract, Linseed Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Sunflower Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Superoxide Dismutase, Lactoferrin, Carrot Root Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Phospholipids, Corn Oligosaccharides, Copper Lysl Oxidase, Acetyl Methionine, Acetyl Serine, Amino Acyl tRNA Synthetase, Phytosphingosine, Mushroom Tyrosinase, Lentinus Edodes Tyrosinase, Soybean Seed Peroxidase, Peptone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Soybean Symbiosome Lysate, Pikea Robusta Extract, Adenosine Triphosphate, Niacinamide Polypeptide, Ascorbic Acid Polypeptide, Pantothenic Acid Polypeptide, Papain, Bromelain, Melanin, Melanin Silanetriol, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propoyl Silanetriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Polyquaternium-7 Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Laureth 9, Trideceth-12, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Glycerin, Propylene Gycol, Citric Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Linalool, Limonene

on 11/15/2007 4:31:00 AM

I am not sure if this is the right product, I am reviewing the anti-aging seasilk moisture shampoo.

It made my hair dry and brittle, very disappointed.

on 10/2/2007 8:50:00 PM

Makes my (very long, straight, virgin) hair feel quite silky and soft, but not oily or greasy (my scalp tends to get oily towards the end of the day). My hair is definitely limper than when I use a volumizing or clarifying shampoo, but not too flat. I definitely would only use this in cold, dry weather, though. The fragrance is nice, not strong nor does it linger. I got a deluxe sample of this from beauty.com but I don't think I'd buy a full-sized version. I love silk and caviar (way to go with the snob factor marketing, Alterna) but they're not what I need in a shampoo.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

One of the few things that has actually left a lasting impression on me. I was really, really happy with the condition of my hair after use.. I alternate between this (the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner) and an all natural clarifying shampoo/conditioner. One of the few sulfate-free shampoos that lathers, too! Amazing!

on 9/11/2007 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was one of those products that the hair salon encouraged me to purchase when they didn't have the Bumble and Bumble I was looking for. My comment - Meh.

Smell - herbalish. Makes my hair feel dry and my scalp oily and itchy if I use it every day. I alternate this with Pantene or another shampoo.

Nothing spectacular. And for the price - I expect it to at least smell heavenly. Not buying this again.

on 7/5/2007 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone- this product is so weird!! Like other people have said, some days this shampoo makes my hair look amazing and other days it goes all limp and flyaway. My hair is long and fine and on the days it works it works extremely well and my hair gains the kind of body that I've never experienced from a shampoo before, but weirdly, the next time I try it, my hair goes really static and difficult to manage- whats that about eh? Anyway, I've decided that this shampoo is great for use when alternating with another shampoo so that you don't use it all the time and your hair kind of has a break from it. I think it is good quality but its pot luck as to whether I'm going to have a good hair or a bad hair day with this one! (I've given it 4 lippies as on the days it works, my hair does look really good).

on 1/22/2007 11:37:00 PM

It's strange: This product does not work on everyone, and doesn't work on ME all the time. However, when it does, it leaves my hair very clean, very soft, and with a very natural, healthy shine. It is not heavy at all, so people with fine or thin hair can use it without worry. The fragrance is subtle and fresh, though many may find it a little on the queer side. Still, I'll continue using this sporadically, as I find using it repeatedly gives odd results. I recommend alternating this with a different shampoo and conditioner set -- I use Alterna Caviar maybe once or twice a week--no more, or, as some mentioned, it just makes your hair feel *strange.*

on 7/30/2006 10:21:00 AM

My hair is fine and very picky on what shampoo I can use. Most shampoos build up on my hair and leave this icky spot of oil build-up. I decided to try this shampoo since it was sulfate-free and it's what the stylist used when she cut my hair. Normally I can tell within 3-5 days if the shampoo will really work, after the 'salon' experience wears off in my hair. I have to say, every single day it looks like I walked out of the salon! I get more compliments on my hair than ever before. My whole office commented on how great my hair was. And some girl sitting on the stairs of my apartment whom I don't even know commented that she liked it. It leaves my hair very soft, glossy and shiny. I usually follow it up with the Caviar conditioner and Jonathan's gloss creme condition leave-in. My hair stays tamed all day and in it's style. I recommend this shampoo!

on 6/7/2006 11:25:00 PM

This shampoo made my hair feel and look softer. The only thing I did not like was that it was hard to get out of the bottle, but the quality made up for that.

on 5/22/2006 10:26:00 PM

I had to try this since I love experimenting with different products. It basically did nothing for me. It gave me a strange texture when styling my hair. I was overall disappointed and for the price I expected to be wow'd. Boo!

on 5/11/2006 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

wow ... what's up with this product? Odd smell and I notice nothing. I'll stick with Kerastase and Philip B. I've noticed better results with hotel shampoos. So disappointed, I ended up using this as dog shampoo.

Popular Shampoos