December 20, 2014 | 1600 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by tlex

Best sunscreen for me. It took awhile to figure it out, but my skin (acne) improved markedly using this. As a sunscreen, awesome under normal conditions. It is not water or sweat proof, at all.

The pkg is great, but I find it pretty expensive. If could something this excellent in $20-$25 range I would be a lot happier.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Liked the high spf of 40, but this turned out to be a pore clogger for my combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by joymelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite winter time SPF. It moisturizes my skin yet I do not breakout. Since I use Retin-A & proactiv I find the argan oil beneficial, it has never made me breakout in the winter...though I don't use it in the summertime since it is too heavy for my skin during warmer months. So when it starts to heat up I switch to La Mer SPF 30.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by 05Rae15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as my daily moisturizer but I didn't find it was hydrating enough for that purpose. It works really well as a sunscreen over top of another moisturizer but the point of buying this was so I would have spf and a moisturizer all in one and not have to use multiple products. With that being said it is a great sunscreen and I do use it in the summer for that purpose. I burn easily and when I put this on in the morning it protects my face right into the evening. It doesn't clog my pores which is a huge plus and it also doesn't leave me looking oily which some sunscreens do. I haven't noticed a white cast with this but I have noticed it comes off easily (if I talk on the phone it's all over the screen when I am done). It smells like blueberries which I didn't mind. I have a 4 oz. bottle to use up but I likely wouldn't buy this again after that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought the limited edition 4 oz. size even though I had never tried it before. I am forever in search of a very good moisturizer, and really liked the idea of the high SPF. I did like the fragrance, but this really wasn't moisturizing at all. It was just a very expensive sunscreen. I suspect that putting an oil over it would dilute the effectiveness of the SPF, which was the main reason I was attracted to this. I finally just couldn't justify keeping it and returned it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by enamaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really really really wanted to love this product. I've read so many awesome reviews about it. I use Josie Maran's Argan Oil and Argan Cleansing Oil and LOVE LOVE both of them. I wanted to try this out - figured it would do wonders for my skin seeing as I never had problems with the other products. Boy, was I wrong...

From the moment I started using this sunscreen, I started getting those little bumps on my skin. I continued to use it - i thought it was merely my hormones acting out. I would literally get a pimple or two every night! As soon as one pimple healed, two more come out. I stuck with it though, hoping that it wasn't the sunscreen causing the breakouts and hoping that it was just a purging phase or something. But my face just kept breaking out in cystic acne. I used this for 35 days and I decided to finally return it to Sephora today. I've gotten to the point where I had to start using my Benzaclin and Doxycycline again.

I'm really sad this product didn't work out for me. I really wanted it to. I'm a huge supporter/fan of natural/cruelty-free products.

Skin background: my skin is oily and very acne-prone. i control my breakouts with benzaclin and doxycycline on days/weeks when my face is out of control.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by purestfeeling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my current HG sunscreen. I have an issue with most physical ss as I find they tend to be drying, but the blend of oils in this one tends to keep my skin from getting parched and itchy and irritated. I find that it mattifies beautifully under loose powder (which I usually can't wear do to dryness!) and the secret is to use a large fluffy brush. That being said, if you're on the oily side, there are many physical sunscreens much better suited to your skintype.

This isn't particularly whitening for me but I'm also n10. For reference, pure & free 50 and Badger Balm fragrance-free (the formula w/out essential oils) both were highly irritating and whitening on facial skin.

I only wish that there was a higher % of zinc to provide slightly more UVA protection, but I take some comfort in the inclusion of antioxidants in this formula. This is unfortunately the best I can do in terms of comfort + wearability for daily, incidental sun exposure.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by amandagervais

After searching high and low for a good daily moisterizer with SPF, I decided to try this one. Alot of the reviews said this was not greasy, fast absorbing and light feeling so I was very excited! However, I experienced the exact opposite. I find it to be a very weird facial moisterizer, when I initially pump it into my palm and try to spread it on my face, it doesn't spread very easily at all, which would lead you to believe it might actually be fast absorbing. But once you do get it spread out - it just sits there! Doesn't sink in, feels sticky to the touch for the entire day, and makes my whole face super shiny. I can't even dust on bronzer after this product because the powder just gets stuck right where the brush first touches my face. I don't mind the smell, like some other reviews, but overall I actually hate this product and dread using it every morning, but it was expensive so I'm just going to finish it and never purchase again. Super disappointing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I really wanted to try this moisturizer because I'm a huge fan of argan oil and wanted a more natural sunscreen. It's a bit thick coming out of the bottle but it absorbs quickly. It did feel a bit heavy compared to what I'm currently using (DDF moisturizing dew, no SPF) but it works well with my NARS tinted moisturizer. My only complaint so far is the smell, which reminds me of cherries or almond extract. It doesn't linger too long though, but initially it's a bit off-putting. I would've preferred a non-scented product but the moisturizer itself is pretty good. I like that it contains SPF 40 but the price is a little steep.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by 4truth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this moisturizer. Not only does it contain SPF, but it also moisturizes well. I thought it was going to be greasy since it is and Aryan product. However, it does not feel greasy at all. It really does sink into my skin and doesn't leave any greasiness. I also love the fragrance! It has a light, fresh, apricot fragrance to it.