April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Mascara - MAC - Extended Play - Endlessly Black

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So far I'm really liking this mascara. The teeny brush makes it so easy for me to get to the root of my lashes. A lot of the other reviews are saying that this is a tubing mascara, I've never used a tubing mascara and was unaware that this fell into that category. I tried to look for confirmation on the MAC site about this, but didn't find any.

Regardless, I think this does a decent job of holding a curl on my straight Asian lashes. I am a huge fan of layering mascaras, and my current HG combo is Extended Play on my top and bottom lashes followed by a coat of Benefit's They're Real on my top lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

I really like this mascara. It does last all day without flaking or smudging. It really separates and lengthens my lashes. It is the nicest mascara I think I have found to date. The only thing I don't like about this mascara is the removal. It is hard to take off and it leaves little black flecks all over my face that are impossible for me to remove. The removal is a small price to pay for how nice it wears all day and I will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by sstanoje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am surprised that all of the reviews so far have been positive, because I had a very different experience with this mascara.

I have oily skin and a real problem with almost every mascara smudging off under my eyes. When I discovered Blinc's tubing mascara (Kiss Me) I was so excited because it was the first mascara that did not smudge. I also thought it was so cool that it could be removed with just water. Then I found L'Oreal's Beauty Tubes and I like that even better - cheaper, better length and volume than Kiss Me.

I was so interested to see whether MAC's Extended Play would take it up a notch. Instead, I was disappointed that the mascara smudged and it does not come off in complete tubes like other tubing mascara. It flaked off in small bits with warm water, but it also left a grey residue that required cleanser to completely remove. And the mascara while on (and not smudged) is fine, it certainly doesn't give any amazing length or volume. The brush is good, it's long and narrow and allows you to get at all the lashes.

Thank goodness for MAC's return policy. I brought it back after trying it for 2 days and got my money back.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by adepietri

WOW! I've been looking for that one mascara....and I think this one could be my HG! I've tried many different types and brands of mascara and have always experienced either smudging, flaking, not dark enough, goopy application, hard to get off, etc. This mascara has a small enough applicator that I can get to the tiny lashes on the top inner corner of the eye with very little effort (the bigger applicator brushes tend to connect with my eyelid adding black dots to my eyeshadow), the application on my bottom lashes is fantastic and best of all, NO SMUDGING OR FLAKING UNDER THE EYE!! Bye bye racoon eyes! I have also noticed I do not need to comb the mascara through my lashes with the eyelash comb as much as I've had to with previous mascaras. IMO, this mascara does what it says it will do (at least so far!) I still curl my lashes before application (not sure if out of need or just habit) and probably will continue to do so regardless. With other mascara's, the next morning after getting out of the shower, I still had a little residue under the eye from the mascara, but with this one I don't. There are just too many pros for me on this mascara and this is also my first posted review of any product. The only drawback is I wish they gave you more product, although, since I only need one application (another plus....I don't have to put more than one coat on), maybe it will last just as long as my other mascaras. Time will tell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I found this mascara to be just OK. It did stay put fairly well and wash off easily but it is definately doesn't do anything for curling or lifting my lashes. One coat pulled them out stick straight even after curling them with a lash curler and even when I re-curled them after applying the mascara, they laid out straight again. The small wand is nice for doing lower lashes but that's about it. I'll keep it to do them but I won't be re-purchasing it when I'm done.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

I was walking around Sephora holding a box of favourite Clinique mascara (the famous tubing one) all ready to pay up and then i detoured to the MAC counter for abit... that's when this shiny blue tube caught my eyes so i was like "o hai, so what does this new mascara do?" The SA described the saintly powers of this new mascara - washes off with warm water (!!!). I love that because who wants to antagonise the undereye area and encourage premature wrinkles when washing off mascara? I smell a potential HG candidate...

So i've been using exclusively tube mascaras because they come off in the bath, but... there are usually 3 types of mascaras in the market...

Type 1: Never stays, smudges.
Type 2: Stays and never smudges. But a total ass to wash off.
Type 3: Stays. But flakes off. (i.e tube mascaras)

And you know what, this Extended Play mascara is er, none of the 3 types. Because it stays and never smudges, BUT is easy to wash off. Just what the hell is it made of??

There is also a kind of mascara (most mascaras!) that grey out after a couple hours, you know what i mean. They just don't look as black as when first applied. This one stays black AND glossy. That is huge news. And they aren't hard dull-looking spidery legs that make eyelids itch.

And this is mad because it defines lashes like crazy. I would buy this alone to use for my bottom lashes because the brush is so small and it coats the tiny ones so neatly. They turn out really long and cute like Twiggy in the 70s.

I love so many things about this mascara that my review sounds so scatterbrained! I am going to raid the MAC store now if this is LE.

Oh, one lippy off for the rubbery scent. But really, i inhale anything to have Twiggy lashes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by brjsmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually am not a fan of Mac mascara. The only one I like is false lash by Mac.....like, not love. This one seems to be the hg for me. I have oily lids and long lashes that usually make for a black line on my lids about half way through the day. This does not transfer at all on me and I love the wand! Nordstrom had buy 2 get one free last weekend so I stocked up and now have three!!!! Happy happy mascara:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by farrahv

I love this mascara! I didn't the first time cause I put it on in the car.... but when I did it at home it was on! I love the look of big, bold, long, full and very black lashes and for me, this gives me all that. I've tried everything out there from drugstore to high end and my biggest dilemma is smearing. Everything smears on me except the Loreal Double Extend which clumps and doesn't hold a curl so once dry, I have to recurl.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by shelly59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am NOT a fan of MAC mascaras as a whole but I found my HG mascara at the Nordstroms' Mac counter, and at $15.00 US I consider it a real bargain. I have average, super straight lashes, and oily skin that causes most mascara to smear, smudge and flake like the devil. Additionally, I have a lot of problems getting and keeping my eyelashes curled, even with a curler. So, when I heard about this mascara on-line, I high-tailed it down to Nordstroms and bought one, with the explicit understanding that it was coming straight back for a full refund if I had ANY of my usual problems. I don't know about anyone else, but I have tossed hundreds of dollars worth of mascara because it simply was unwearable or utterly useless and am frankly sick of it. Anyhoo, the SA was lovely, as usual.
Put it on in the car in the parking lot, of course. Two words: freakin' brilliant! No clumping, no smearing, no smudging. Beautifully defined lashes, WITH obvious curl and length. I really love the very thin brush as it makes maneuvering around my lashes quite easy, even the inner corners, which usually give me fits. The formula covers nicely, not too thick and definitely not one of those nasty, smeary watery ones that take days to dry (I'm looking at you, Great Lash!) I am really pleased with this mascara and am thrilled that it is part of their permanent line. Well done, MAC.