MAC Extended Play - Endlessly Black

4.2

on 10/19/2012 1:28:00 PM

I'm a middle aged, Asian contact-wearer with straight, short lashes who has always HATED wearing mascara. I've been eyeliner only all my life because mascara always seemed too fussy to put on (I'm messy and fast) uncomfortable to wear, too much trouble to wash off. I'm a 5 min in the am/ 5 min in the pm gal.

When I hit up MAC to get stock up for new makeup for a 3-day wedding I attended this summer, the MAC make up artist made me do this myself in the store. It's actually easy to apply, effortless to wear (no lashes sticking together or tangling up!), and a snap to rinse off (warm water and a gentle touch).

I'm a convert! Tubing mascara rocks and this one is the right price for me. Also love the straight, skinny wand, works perfectly for my eye shape and shorter lashes, and helps me to get right into the corners with ease. Love it!!

on 9/24/2012 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this stuff! I bought this on an impulse buy online, and boy am I glad!! Mascara is the only product I use that I swear drugstore brands are just as good if not better than expensive ones. I love MAC, but am always disappointed in their mascara until this one. The brush looks thin, and I usually look for fatter brushes...but this one does the trick. I have had people ask if I was wearing false lashes on while I was wearing it. Its a great lengthener and coats every lash. It also stays wet long enough for you to build the coverage somewhat. Definitely recommend!

on 8/29/2012 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a very natural looking mascara for everyday use. I like my lashes very long and full which this product not really give me, it gives your lashes a more subtle look. But it has very high quality in terms of staying on without smudging and without clumping (even after the gym!).
One weird thing though is people say it's so easy to wash off ľ I really don't agree! When I wash my face with just warm water the mascara kind of goes away from the lashes but sticks like glue under my eyes instead! Not nice. So I don't understand why everyone says it's easy to get rid of.

on 7/14/2012 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My fave mascara by MAC so far. I was a waterproof only mascara wearer before trying this product & I am impressed. It definitely lengthens & slightly volumizes, even adds a slight curl. My lashes are stick straight (hence the waterproof only) so even getting the tiniest curl(with NO curler) & having it stay is impressive. I personally use a heated lash curler. This product separates my lashes & makes them look even longer. I have used it for a few weeks and am completely loving it. It holds my curl all day. Even if I use more than one coat. The brush is really nice to use for bottom lashes too. Hope this is helpful to you.

on 7/14/2012 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite MAC mascara so far. They've been improving their formulas for new mascara and I was using and loving Opulash before this and I like the brush on this better because it's smaller and more precise. It never smudges or flakes but it takes a few seconds to dry (no biggie) but what I love the most is that it never clumps my lashes together. This mascara is great for long, separate lashes. Two coats looks very dramatic but not OTT. It is more difficult to wash off, so I use MU remover before cleansing oil.
EDIT: still my favorite - nothing can compare...lengthens, separates, volume, holds curl, doesn't flake or smudge. IT HAS IT ALL!

on 7/7/2012 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. IT LENGTHENS VOLUMIZES AND CURLS.. AND IT DOESNT SMUDGE. I AM SO HAPPY MAC CAME OUT WITH SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT!!!!

on 7/6/2012 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've been on the hunt for a mascara that doesn't flake or clump. I stopped at the MAC counter not long ago and one of the girls mentioned this is her favorite mascaras (she secretly told me she hates MAC mascaras except for this one). I bought it and really like it. It doesn't give vavoom thick lashes or lot's of length. However with two applications it gives me a little more than a natural look with some length and little bit of thickness. It doesn't clump or flake even in hot weather. When removing it does flake under the eyes but that is easy to wipe away.

I'm very happy with this mascara and would repurchase. It costs around $18.00 Canadian before taxes. I'm not into spending $30.00 on a mascara so this price is reasonable for me.

on 7/4/2012 5:01:00 PM

I am LOVING this mascara! Most of the complaints I hear from people about it not being dramatic enough are missing the point. This is not a buildable mascara, and it's not intended to be. That's the first thing the woman in the M.A.C. store told me. It's a very natural-lash look, but it also does a great job of curling and separating. When I first got it home, I had no makeup on at the time, so I decided to test it on one eye. Being a natural blonde, my eyelashes are pretty light, but this did an excellent job of coating all the lashes while curling them enough on its own that it looked as though I'd used an eyelash curler.

It's also water resistant, so while it stands up to a little eye-tearing action (or the unexpected downpour), it's still quite easy to take off at the end of the day. I really recommend this mascara for daytime wear, or anyone who prefers a more natural look.

on 6/29/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So far I'm really liking this mascara. The teeny brush makes it so easy for me to get to the root of my lashes. A lot of the other reviews are saying that this is a tubing mascara, I've never used a tubing mascara and was unaware that this fell into that category. I tried to look for confirmation on the MAC site about this, but didn't find any.

Regardless, I think this does a decent job of holding a curl on my straight Asian lashes. I am a huge fan of layering mascaras, and my current HG combo is Extended Play on my top and bottom lashes followed by a coat of Benefit's They're Real on my top lashes.

on 6/14/2012 4:24:00 PM

I really like this mascara. It does last all day without flaking or smudging. It really separates and lengthens my lashes. It is the nicest mascara I think I have found to date. The only thing I don't like about this mascara is the removal. It is hard to take off and it leaves little black flecks all over my face that are impossible for me to remove. The removal is a small price to pay for how nice it wears all day and I will purchase again.