November 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Mascara - MAC - Extended Play - Endlessly Black

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a very natural looking mascara for everyday use. I like my lashes very long and full which this product not really give me, it gives your lashes a more subtle look. But it has very high quality in terms of staying on without smudging and without clumping (even after the gym!).
One weird thing though is people say it's so easy to wash off I really don't agree! When I wash my face with just warm water the mascara kind of goes away from the lashes but sticks like glue under my eyes instead! Not nice. So I don't understand why everyone says it's easy to get rid of.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by kayte513

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My fave mascara by MAC so far. I was a waterproof only mascara wearer before trying this product & I am impressed. It definitely lengthens & slightly volumizes, even adds a slight curl. My lashes are stick straight (hence the waterproof only) so even getting the tiniest curl(with NO curler) & having it stay is impressive. I personally use a heated lash curler. This product separates my lashes & makes them look even longer. I have used it for a few weeks and am completely loving it. It holds my curl all day. Even if I use more than one coat. The brush is really nice to use for bottom lashes too. Hope this is helpful to you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MAC mascara so far. They've been improving their formulas for new mascara and I was using and loving Opulash before this and I like the brush on this better because it's smaller and more precise. It never smudges or flakes but it takes a few seconds to dry (no biggie) but what I love the most is that it never clumps my lashes together. This mascara is great for long, separate lashes. Two coats looks very dramatic but not OTT. It is more difficult to wash off, so I use MU remover before cleansing oil.
EDIT: still my favorite - nothing can compare...lengthens, separates, volume, holds curl, doesn't flake or smudge. IT HAS IT ALL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. IT LENGTHENS VOLUMIZES AND CURLS.. AND IT DOESNT SMUDGE. I AM SO HAPPY MAC CAME OUT WITH SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I've been on the hunt for a mascara that doesn't flake or clump. I stopped at the MAC counter not long ago and one of the girls mentioned this is her favorite mascaras (she secretly told me she hates MAC mascaras except for this one). I bought it and really like it. It doesn't give vavoom thick lashes or lot's of length. However with two applications it gives me a little more than a natural look with some length and little bit of thickness. It doesn't clump or flake even in hot weather. When removing it does flake under the eyes but that is easy to wipe away.

I'm very happy with this mascara and would repurchase. It costs around $18.00 Canadian before taxes. I'm not into spending $30.00 on a mascara so this price is reasonable for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by mcr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am LOVING this mascara! Most of the complaints I hear from people about it not being dramatic enough are missing the point. This is not a buildable mascara, and it's not intended to be. That's the first thing the woman in the M.A.C. store told me. It's a very natural-lash look, but it also does a great job of curling and separating. When I first got it home, I had no makeup on at the time, so I decided to test it on one eye. Being a natural blonde, my eyelashes are pretty light, but this did an excellent job of coating all the lashes while curling them enough on its own that it looked as though I'd used an eyelash curler.

It's also water resistant, so while it stands up to a little eye-tearing action (or the unexpected downpour), it's still quite easy to take off at the end of the day. I really recommend this mascara for daytime wear, or anyone who prefers a more natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So far I'm really liking this mascara. The teeny brush makes it so easy for me to get to the root of my lashes. A lot of the other reviews are saying that this is a tubing mascara, I've never used a tubing mascara and was unaware that this fell into that category. I tried to look for confirmation on the MAC site about this, but didn't find any.

Regardless, I think this does a decent job of holding a curl on my straight Asian lashes. I am a huge fan of layering mascaras, and my current HG combo is Extended Play on my top and bottom lashes followed by a coat of Benefit's They're Real on my top lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

I really like this mascara. It does last all day without flaking or smudging. It really separates and lengthens my lashes. It is the nicest mascara I think I have found to date. The only thing I don't like about this mascara is the removal. It is hard to take off and it leaves little black flecks all over my face that are impossible for me to remove. The removal is a small price to pay for how nice it wears all day and I will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by sstanoje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am surprised that all of the reviews so far have been positive, because I had a very different experience with this mascara.

I have oily skin and a real problem with almost every mascara smudging off under my eyes. When I discovered Blinc's tubing mascara (Kiss Me) I was so excited because it was the first mascara that did not smudge. I also thought it was so cool that it could be removed with just water. Then I found L'Oreal's Beauty Tubes and I like that even better - cheaper, better length and volume than Kiss Me.

I was so interested to see whether MAC's Extended Play would take it up a notch. Instead, I was disappointed that the mascara smudged and it does not come off in complete tubes like other tubing mascara. It flaked off in small bits with warm water, but it also left a grey residue that required cleanser to completely remove. And the mascara while on (and not smudged) is fine, it certainly doesn't give any amazing length or volume. The brush is good, it's long and narrow and allows you to get at all the lashes.

Thank goodness for MAC's return policy. I brought it back after trying it for 2 days and got my money back.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by adepietri

WOW! I've been looking for that one mascara....and I think this one could be my HG! I've tried many different types and brands of mascara and have always experienced either smudging, flaking, not dark enough, goopy application, hard to get off, etc. This mascara has a small enough applicator that I can get to the tiny lashes on the top inner corner of the eye with very little effort (the bigger applicator brushes tend to connect with my eyelid adding black dots to my eyeshadow), the application on my bottom lashes is fantastic and best of all, NO SMUDGING OR FLAKING UNDER THE EYE!! Bye bye racoon eyes! I have also noticed I do not need to comb the mascara through my lashes with the eyelash comb as much as I've had to with previous mascaras. IMO, this mascara does what it says it will do (at least so far!) I still curl my lashes before application (not sure if out of need or just habit) and probably will continue to do so regardless. With other mascara's, the next morning after getting out of the shower, I still had a little residue under the eye from the mascara, but with this one I don't. There are just too many pros for me on this mascara and this is also my first posted review of any product. The only drawback is I wish they gave you more product, although, since I only need one application (another plus....I don't have to put more than one coat on), maybe it will last just as long as my other mascaras. Time will tell.