Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon SPF 15 Bronzer, Ticket to Brazil

4.4

Overall this stuff isn't so bad. I don't like to always buy the cheapest stuff because you never know how it's going to work. I did really like this bronzer but had to apply it VERY lightly otherwise it was way too intense. If you use it correctly for your skin tone it can look very nice. Not a bad amount of product either for the price.

on 10/23/2013 10:26:00 AM

I have used the lighter W&W bronzer Cabana as a highlighter and face powder when I need some lift to my face and love it. I was a little skeptical about the shade and my skintone but for less than 5 bucks I figured it was a good try.

Lighter skinned ladies be careful! This is highly pigmented and not a matte product. You can use it but get a BIG fluffy brush and tap, blow whatever. Use minimum product as it will go a long way. Some would say you are wasting money by blowing/tapping off product, but I have to do that anyway being lighter skinned so why not do it with a cheaper alternative than a $30-$40 product. If you are looking for a matte product I suggest NYX sunny. That being said this summer I did use this a a contour and the shimmer looked great on summer skin when I wanted this look. I also used this at night on my hairline and D├ęcolletage it looked good.

The amount of product you get is awesome for the price. I expect this to last awhile before I hit pan. Packaging....like I've said about other products I'm not about the package if it works I don't care what it looks like. You do need to be careful with this one. The top is very fragile and it will break off if you handle it rough enough. But they have to cut corners somewhere for under $5 bucks so the trade off is well worth it.

My final say. Try it, play with it to see if it works. It's worth the price to experiement.

on 10/3/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is great for the $. I went to Florida and got really tan. This is all I wore at night and mascara... Me and my friend always use expensive stuff and we switched to this she is searching for a new one as we speak!!! So yes I would buy this again. Maybe a lighter color for winter. And it's also a great size!!

on 10/1/2013 2:46:00 PM

Background: NC30, Asian skin with yellow undertones.

Formerly a devoted user of Nars Laguna, but that has all changed. Let me start by saying, this is NOT a dupe for Laguna. I repeat, NOT A DUPE. Swatched side by side, one can see that 'Brazil' is much more orange than Laguna, which is more of a true brown. That said, Brazil works with my skin tone surprisingly much better than Laguna ever did, and that's coming from someone who faithfully used that particular Nars product for 7 or 8 years. On me, Laguna can get a bit muddy looking because it's so purely brown, whereas Brazil's undertones prevent it from being too one-dimensional.

It's intensely pigmented, and the amount of product in the pan is incredible for the price paid. Used with a light hand, I can imagine one pan lasting me through years of daily use. There's a bit of shimmer, but I've never really seen it translate to my skin, so its existence is inconsequential. The product has a bit of a sunscreen-y odor, but it's not offensive, and it's definitely not heavily perfumed or offensive.

The next time there's a sale on Wet 'n' Wild, I'll be picking up a couple more of these for my stash, and I should be good to go for the next decade.

Price was decent but I found this left my skin looking orange . Would not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm going to pre-face this review by first stating, FAIR LADIES DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IT WASN'T MEANT FOR FAIR LADIES, IT WAS MEANT FOR MEDIUM ON UP SKIN SHADES. Ok, now that I've gotten that out of the way, this is a fantastic bronzer! I'm an NC-35, yellow undertones and this bronzer is gorgeous on my skin, I use it to contour and to add a little bit of "tan glow" in certain areas. It's inexpensive, and does not leave you looking orange. It blends well, and for under 5 bucks it's a great value. I really like how the packaging allows you to dip varying sizes of brushes into the actual bronzer. I have no experienced any break outs from this bronzer, so all in all great drugstore find!

on 8/11/2013 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

As a NC50, it's really hard for me to find a bronzer that "works." Usually, I end up with something that's too dark, looks muddy, is too glittery or just doesn't show because of my strong yellow/gold undertone. After using this almost daily for two months, I'm so happy to say that this product really does work- it does not compete with my foundation or blush; instead it complements both, giving me a nice, warm glow in all the right places (cheekbones, forehead, chin) and it lasts all day. And it's BUILDABLE, like the MAC Sheertone blushes. Speaking of MAC, sometimes I put this on just before I apply my Mineralized Skinfinish and my skin just pops with a soft light. It is so pretty! Wet n Wild has done it again!

This is a pretty great bronzer. It does have a shimmer. It gives me a nice glow and I've received a boatload of comments on how tan I look. I haven't had any problems with oxidation. I've been using makeup for years and years. I've learned that it doesn't have to cost a boat load of money or have a high end name attached to it in order for a product to be great. This is one of those little gems that work well for a fraction of the cost of high end products. The packaging isn't the greatest so I wouldn't recommend carrying it around in your purse.

It can be a tad bit powdery so a light sweep with the brush is all you will need.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this bronzer on a whim and boy, am I impressed! It is a nice texture and so easy to blend.

I love the colour. However, sometimes it would oxidize (turn orange) on my forehead where I sweat a lot. This was noticeable because I have a neutral skin tone and my forehead is a bit paler than the rest of my face. I love this product but I think this shade of bronze may be too warm for certain skintones.

The packaging on this product is great. It doesn't look like a cheap Wet n' Wild product at all. The powder did crack and crumble despite me never taking it off my dresser, but that can be fixed.

The first few times I wore this bronzer, people commented on how tan I looked! Overall - it's amazing!

on 7/23/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'd never tried bronzer before and didn't know if I'd like it (I'm super pale) so I was looking for something that would be cheap but also good enough quality that it was worth a purchase. I love the pigmentation of Wet'n'Wild's eyeshadows so I figured this was a safe bet. I was right! This product is so pigmented you literally need to tap it as light as possible and that'll be enough color for a cheek. And at such a low price and such a large amount it's amazing! It does have shimmer but it's not noticeable on unless you were to really pack it on hard. It might be a little 'orange', but I'm no makeup expert so it's not something that I'd worry about or probably ever notice. It fits all my needs as a starting bronzer, and I'm really excited to play with it. Love!