September 2, 2014 | 1249 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this product. It hasn't broken me out and I've been using for half a year.

When I want a really light makeup look, I put this on. Its really moisturizing and not drying at all. It doesn't cling to my dry spots and has a glowy finish to it. It blends easily into my skin.

It only covers minor redness, but since my skin is so pale a lot of redness shows through so its a nice quick fix. It doesn't last very long, but very easily to touch up since its so workable.

If you have quite oily skin you might not like it, but I'd reccomend to those with dry skin looking for a cheap and nice tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by odanit

I actually love this product. I have combination, sensitive, acne prone skin and am quite happy with Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream...but not as a BB cream! There is absolutely no "blemish balm" aspect at all in this product, hence the removal of one lippy since it doesn't deliver its core promise.

That being said, it's still a great product - for a different reason! What's funny is that I actually use this purely for the SPF 30 (titanium dioxide) as I am allergic to chemical sunscreens. After using it for 3 months, it has been promoted to my hands down my go-to product for sun protection on my face.

It is fragrance free, goes on smooth, feels light, has no white cast, and does not make me greasy or break out. Because of this, it beats what I have used previously for sun protection on my face:
- Shiseido Sun Protection Lotion (white cast, watery but can get oily/pill under makeup)
- Shisiedo Sun Protection Stick Foundation (tinted, heavy, greasy, scented, blemishes after use)
- Clinique Super City Block Face Proctector SPF 40 (greasy, blotchy, blemishes after use)

I apply Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream in Medium directly on my cleansed skin in the summer as I have found it provides sufficient moisture alone (I haven't used this product in the winter yet, but I suspect I'll need to put a moisturizer underneath). It just SLIGHTLY evens out my skin and gives a light dewy finish. I'll then spot conceal where needed and finish with a translucent powder if it's a hot and humid day. The overall result is very light and natural. I'll then throw the convenient squeeze tube into my purse and reapply later in the day if I need to.

As I mentioned above, this does nothing for improving my skin, but that's ok since I wasn't expecting that anyways. What I do love is that it does not make my skin any worse, and these days it's so hard to find products that don't irritate my skin. Everyone's skin is different, so do test it out first to see if it works for you.

Overall, if you want a simple and easy sun protector for your face that doesn't do anything else to your skin good or bad, I highly recommend this. Wear alone on your good-skin days, lazy-makeup-days, or wear underneath makeup for that added SPF.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Maclab

The bb cream broke me out. Thank god i only used it on one side of my cheek! If your skin is sensitive, and acne prone don't even bother getting this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Ragdoll87

I like this. It's not as creamy as I would like exactly, but for the price point you can't beat it. It has SPF and it gives a gorgeous youthful glow. I hate putting on a lot of make up, especially in the summer, and this is perfect. I can wear it by itself and just put a setting powder over it, or I can use it under my bare minerals for full coverage. I'll definitely be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in a hate love relationship with this product. I like that its light, easy to blend and apply and that the color matches my skin pretty well. my hate is that i cant apply a lot otherwie it cakes up and looks a bit too pale. I have the one thats for acne, i dont feel that it covers redness or makes you look poreless, it adds color to wear it conceals a bit like a tinted mosturizer but overall doesnt really conceal redness. i dont think ill be buying this product again, i think ill look around for something else, something that is cheaper too. i think its perfect for someone who just wants light coverage!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by RieRie29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! It gives me the light coverage with SPF that I need, and it moisturizes, evens out my skin tone and my skin is smooth after using it. I didn't find it too runny like some other reviews I read were saying, I think the texture is perfect. If you're looking for a very light coverage, everyday with SPF this is amazing. Got it on sale for about $10 too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Alexisxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This BB cream offers minimal coverage, but still gives you that youthful glow. I myself have dry-normal skin, in which this bb cream gives my skin great moisture and great spf coverage. If you have oily skin I would not recommend this bb cream because it does not have a matte finish and looks quite dewy on the skin which can be a very annoying for people who have oily skin. Unless you are willing to set with a " mattifying " powder, I would not recommend this for oily skin. I also would not recommend this to people with a lot of acne scarring or hyper-pigmentation because this bb cream gives very light coverage. Overall this product will work wonders on people who have dry-normal skin and people who don't need a lot of coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This review is solely for the darker shade. To begin, by no means is this a BB cream. It lacks the inherently creamy consistency and does not have the diverse properties of Asian products on the market. As a darker skinned Indian gal, I wanted to try BB creams for so long, but they err on the light to medium side of skintones. My skin has yellow undertones so I knew it would be a stretch to try this BB cream in the shade Dark. As I suspected, the tone was way too red for me and it did not blend in nicely. While true BB creams give coverage while illuminating the skin and hiding blemishes, this product did not. I have extremely good skin with no scars or acne, just some dark circles under my eyes. This product did not cover my dark circles and furthermore, it made my normal skin incredibly greasy. I set it with a powder and it helped, but as someone who does not wear foundation, I cannot justify using a product that complicates my beauty routine without making my face look somehow better. I would perhaps recommend this to those with more red/pink-toned dry skin looking for an inexpensive tinted moisturizer but generally speaking, a subpar item.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by starglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A lot of people complain about BB coverage. Keep in mind that there's a wide array of of BB creams and just because one doesn't meet your specific needs, doesn't mean it's not a good BB cream. I have combination skin (oily in the t-zone) and I have quite a few pigmentation marks. That being said, my skin is in generally good condition otherwise. This BB works on days I want light coverage with a decent SPF. I follow up application with an opaque concealer for the pigmentation marks. Since it's not meant to be a long-lasting foundation (this isn't a primer or matte foundation, folks) it does the job. Sometimes I touch it up midday which is absolutely fine by me, since in the process I'm reapplying sunscreen. It's very easy to apply (I use my fingers).

I personally like the illusion of bare skin in the summer, so I'm sticking with this. If you have very oily skin or need moderate coverage, this won't work for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this BB cream after seeing it in a video tutorial by Lisa Eldridge. I usually swear by her reviews, but this time she got it wrong. I was so excited to try the product but when I swatched it the colour looked too dark even though it was the lightest colour. Luckily it adapted to my skin tone and didn't make me look orange. My main problem with this product is the consistency. It is quite dry for a BB cream and I found it particularly hard to blend. So much so that I would have to mix it in with my daily moisturizer in order to apply it. This obviously made the coverage a little lighter. The reason why I have given it two stars instead of one is I imagine this would be great for oily skins as it is quite dry and it also has SPF 30 to boot. Not for me, but could be great for others.