October 23, 2014 | 1793 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Lovepink7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is bomb. I just ran out, so that makes me sad. I wish I had it during the winter where my lips were super chapped . First, you wet your lips, scrub this on, rinse it off, and apply your fav lip balm. It smells delicious, like cinnamon and brown sugar. I would be careful about the product in the tube. This one time I used it, it got wobbly and all of it almost broke off, which was total turn off. You can get this for only 3 bucks. Lifesaver in the winter right here.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is a WONDER product in my opinion. I know there are others out there, but others for $3? I haven't seen one!

I've been plagued with peeling lips for as long as I can remember. Even if they're heavily moisturized and my body is completely hydrated, my lip skin still felt the need to peel off in chunks and be jagged and rough up until the peeling starts. The very first time I used this, I was able to wear a normal lipstick the same night and absolutely NO peelies or weirdness happening with the skin on my lips. Soooo good!

I've used it followed up by Carmex, or chapstick so far with great results.

EDIT: LOL Mine just did what a lot of the other reviewers said theirs did. It snapped off in the tube. Mine did a face plant into the sink and I couldn't help but laugh. That's what I get for raving about it too soon. Knocked off some lippies as it was salvageable, still works the same, but how many more times is that going to happen until it becomes unusable?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Tiffyxoxo

I got it online for about 8SGD. It's not that cheap for me. It's alright, it's not too harsh on my lips. But I feel no obvious difference to my lips. My lips are not very dry or chapped. My lips still feels and looks about the same.But perhaps in the long run, I will see more visible results. I like how it's a stick form which contrasts from the sephora sugar scrub which comes in a pot. So it's definitely convenient if you decide to bring it out. Considering it's price range, I would think it's worth a try as exflolitaing lips is important! With shea butter and so much moisturising ingredients inside, it's not that bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it, handy when my lips are chapped and I just want to wear lipstick that day. Only flaw is that sometimes the product doesn't work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yum....this is just what I have been looking for! I like to moisturize my lips right before I put on my lips and this seems to be ideal. I haven't quite experienced the scratching everyone else has but this is one of my favorite finds of the year so far..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Shubbing

I love it because it is super convenient in a sleek lipstick tube compared to preparing the brown sugar and balm yourself! Like other reviewers before, I think this is more like a quick fix to get rid of the dead skin and doesn't really contribute to any long-lasting effects. The scrub is also pretty minimal. I actually like the taste too and although most instructions recommend you to wipe it off, I just leave it on if I'm going to bed after that.

One major turnoff is that the stick breaks quite easily. Would repurchase because I think this is a pretty nifty product to have around and for the price, why not? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by gmmuto48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

This is an awesome quick fix in the morning when you're in a rush and your lips are peeling. It's fast, it smells good, and it gets the job done. You just rub a little on and wipe off the excess with a tissue when you're done smoothing away the dry skin.
The lip stick might break off in the tube after a while, but I find that happens with most lip stick shaped products that aren't actually lip stick. It's also not as good as the Vaseline/tooth brush/ hot water method but it is wayyy faster and less messy.
All in all, nice product to have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really, really loving this so far.

I've been wanting to try this scrub for awhile, but it was always sold out whenever I went to buy it. Finally found it in stock during a 50% off sale. 3 tubes for $1.50 each. Can't beat the price.

When you first open it, like others have mentioned, you need to scrape off the first layer to get to the scrubbiness, so don't be put off if it just feels like balm for the first couple uses if you choose not to scrape it.

The scrub itself is very coarse, so you don't need to apply it with much pressure to get the desired effect. I really love that this is suspended in balm. I've used potted scrubs before, and though they usually contain some sort of moisturizing oils, I always needed to apply a separate balm after I was finished with the scrub which means that if I wanted to use it on the go, I needed to carry 2 separate products. This scrub, for me, has just the right balance of balm to scrub, so I just need the one product. If you want more moisture, you can always use the side of the stick, as it'll have a more balm-like layer like the top did when it was first opened. I've used about 1cm of the product so far, and the consistency has remained the same.

Also, the packaging. Love, love, love the packaging! No sticking your finger in pots, or chance of dropping lumps of scrub everywhere. Super easy to throw in your purse or even a pocket.

For the price, especially during one of the frequent 50% off sales, there's really no beating the price. Yes, scrubs are easy and inexpensive to make yourself. But I still prefer the lipstick format, and if I were to make my own by mimicking the formula and packing it in my own tubes, I would definitely spend more time and money on supplies. For $1.50 (and it's definitely more than worth the $3 regular price as well), I would recommend adding it to your next ELF order.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by gummypear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am an avid user to a lip exfoliator from Sephora. I decided to give the e.l.f. exfoliator a try after reading many awesome reviews (and the price!). I can honestly say I am not a fan. I would find it easier if it came in a pot, not stick form. The beads don't exfoliate well enough. And my lips can get super dry from the cold NYC air.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I hate to do this but this is overrated. As others have mentioned, after the first use or two the top layer of moisture comes off and you are left with an entire tube of pure sugar. It's very harsh and does hurt. I have to use a balm first and then this. It's supposed to be a balm/sugar scrub. I will not repurchase this, even for $3 because I can easily use brown sugar (which is all this is with wax) and my balm. I am having to use two steps now because of the wearing off of the top layer, so this is a fail for me.

Not to mention the sugar in this tube is very stuff and harsh because of the wax holding it in place. You are left with a very hard tube of wax that feels like concrete. Pass on this and just use sugar with balm. It's seriously not worth the trouble because it's not like you can save any time with this and bring it anywhere.