E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

4.5

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

on 2/28/2015 1:43:00 PM

A little (a lot?) surprised at how well I like this. First off, I will say if your lips are severely rough, or extremely dry, or chapped, this miht be a little too intense for you. I would not use it on anything too dry or chapped, anyway.

And I realize you can just do a DIY scrub of honey and brown sugar and put that mixture in an empty container, but I like the convenience of this.

To me, the 'granules' or exfoliating beads in this are pretty sparse, but even so, it is a little 'rough'. Hence I would not recommend this for extremely dry nor chapped lips.

I followed the directions and applied in a circular motion (which felt odd to use a lip product in a circular motion, esp bc my lips are not large, they are quite thin), and I kept applying, not feeling many 'granules' at all. However, it did work!!! Then it says to use a wet cloth to rub off and follow up with a balm or gloss to protect. You will definitely need a balm or gloss, because it is that rough and basically leaves your lips literally "stripped" of any moisture.

But again, especially if money were an issue, or you like the more 'natural' route, you could use of course use a DIY lip scrub of brown sugar and honey or some other similar DIY concoction, that way you can control how 'rough' it is and it is more natural, and have no chemicals (I did not read the ingredient list on this), but, again, for me, I like the convenience factor of this. I think this would be good for travel, too (Although I might suggest popping this into a tiny little bag of it's own, as I have read some had had issues with the cap easily falling off. Luckily my cap stays pretty secure, knock on wood!).

All in all I would recommend this as mainly a maintenance-type lip scrub if you have rather in-shape lips or at least not overly dry or chapped lips. But if your lips need some serious TLC, I just think this might be a little too harsh. But to keep lips soft and 'in shape,' I think this is great! I only use this maybe, on average, once every couple weeks. When my lips are overly dry or need TLC, I avoid this. But imo and ime it is great for maintaining soft lips. Would recommend (with caution) and will re-purchase!

on 2/25/2015 12:25:00 AM

man this is a tough little tube of lip exfoliation, so effective and cheap, feels wonderful applying

on 2/24/2015 12:10:00 AM

This is so amazing that I'm currently looking at my backup of it sitting on my desk. Every morning if my lips are feeling dry, I'll lick them slightly, then run this over them until they're smooth. The roughness does take a little getting used to, but now I love it! It smells sweet but not sickeningly so, and a tissue run over my lips afterwards gets any leftover bits off. If you ever enjoy wearing mattes, you NEED this in your life.

The $3 price tag, for me, just sealed the deal. It lasts forever, and it'll quickly reach HG status.

on 2/14/2015 7:21:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. It is like having a lip balm and a sugar scrub in one convenient, lipstick-shaped form. You can probably make something similar by putting some vaseline on your finger and dipping it in coarse/raw brown sugar to scrub the dead skin off your lips. The convenience of this product is undeniable though. The package is very good quality (although the cap is not very tight on mine). The bullet goes all the way down the tube. The product itself is very "sturdy", it can take a fair amount of pressure as you vigorously scrub your lips. It has a very pleasant sweet taste. The "sugar/scrubber" particles are quite large, and may feel a bit harsh/painful/uncomfortable at first. I use this almost daily before I go to bed. The balm that is left on the lips is quite thick, and I can still feel some of it on in the morning.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Brought this recently. I love it. As a severe lip picker (unfortunately a bad habbit I have had for years.) I pick at anything that is lose on my lips. I use this every morning when I wake up, I brush my teeth and wash it off. I then wash my face and put on lipbalm. My lips are smooth for the whole day and it prevents me picking!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Feel like eating it! I love the sugar and sweet sensation. It also does a good job in exfoliating my lips. My lips aren't really flaky tho'.
The packaging looks like a lipstick, quite premium. Absolutely will repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is absolutely genius. I have tried a million methods of exfoliating my lips and nothing works as great as this. I have tried using a wash cloth, tooth brush, LUSH exfoliating sugar scrub (which used to be my favorite but is much too messy and it expires very quickly). This is very inexpensive I think I got it for a couple bucks and it works like a dream. All you do is gently massage it on your lips like you're putting lipstick on a voila `all your dead skin is gone! I just wipe off my lips with a baby wipe to get the dead skin and my lips are brand new. I highly recommend this!

on 2/8/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this doesn't work quite as well as an exfoliating scrub for your lips, but it is SO much more convenient. it does a pretty good job of "scraping" away dead skin and kind of has a coffe/chocolatey smell. the price is amazing as well, i would definitely recommend it during the winter months.

on 2/8/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It's the first exfoliating product I have ever used so hardly would I recognize it as an excellent one or make a comparison with others or recommend it to anybody. It did make my lips smoother and remove all dead lip skin so I assume it works. Its packaging, smell and taste are good. However, generally, the product didn't impress me enough to buy it again.

on 2/4/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is awesome. It is extremely convenient since it comes in a lipstick form and it's not soft, so no concern about it breaking. It is not messy. It does a great job exfoliating, however, I would advise to moisten your lips as it says prior to using just don't make them too wet because then it doesn't work as well, kind of just slides across your lips. And for only $3 this is a complete steal!

Popular Lip Treatments