September 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yum....this is just what I have been looking for! I like to moisturize my lips right before I put on my lips and this seems to be ideal. I haven't quite experienced the scratching everyone else has but this is one of my favorite finds of the year so far..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Shubbing

I love it because it is super convenient in a sleek lipstick tube compared to preparing the brown sugar and balm yourself! Like other reviewers before, I think this is more like a quick fix to get rid of the dead skin and doesn't really contribute to any long-lasting effects. The scrub is also pretty minimal. I actually like the taste too and although most instructions recommend you to wipe it off, I just leave it on if I'm going to bed after that.

One major turnoff is that the stick breaks quite easily. Would repurchase because I think this is a pretty nifty product to have around and for the price, why not? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by gmmuto48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

This is an awesome quick fix in the morning when you're in a rush and your lips are peeling. It's fast, it smells good, and it gets the job done. You just rub a little on and wipe off the excess with a tissue when you're done smoothing away the dry skin.
The lip stick might break off in the tube after a while, but I find that happens with most lip stick shaped products that aren't actually lip stick. It's also not as good as the Vaseline/tooth brush/ hot water method but it is wayyy faster and less messy.
All in all, nice product to have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really, really loving this so far.

I've been wanting to try this scrub for awhile, but it was always sold out whenever I went to buy it. Finally found it in stock during a 50% off sale. 3 tubes for $1.50 each. Can't beat the price.

When you first open it, like others have mentioned, you need to scrape off the first layer to get to the scrubbiness, so don't be put off if it just feels like balm for the first couple uses if you choose not to scrape it.

The scrub itself is very coarse, so you don't need to apply it with much pressure to get the desired effect. I really love that this is suspended in balm. I've used potted scrubs before, and though they usually contain some sort of moisturizing oils, I always needed to apply a separate balm after I was finished with the scrub which means that if I wanted to use it on the go, I needed to carry 2 separate products. This scrub, for me, has just the right balance of balm to scrub, so I just need the one product. If you want more moisture, you can always use the side of the stick, as it'll have a more balm-like layer like the top did when it was first opened. I've used about 1cm of the product so far, and the consistency has remained the same.

Also, the packaging. Love, love, love the packaging! No sticking your finger in pots, or chance of dropping lumps of scrub everywhere. Super easy to throw in your purse or even a pocket.

For the price, especially during one of the frequent 50% off sales, there's really no beating the price. Yes, scrubs are easy and inexpensive to make yourself. But I still prefer the lipstick format, and if I were to make my own by mimicking the formula and packing it in my own tubes, I would definitely spend more time and money on supplies. For $1.50 (and it's definitely more than worth the $3 regular price as well), I would recommend adding it to your next ELF order.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by gummypear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am an avid user to a lip exfoliator from Sephora. I decided to give the e.l.f. exfoliator a try after reading many awesome reviews (and the price!). I can honestly say I am not a fan. I would find it easier if it came in a pot, not stick form. The beads don't exfoliate well enough. And my lips can get super dry from the cold NYC air.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I hate to do this but this is overrated. As others have mentioned, after the first use or two the top layer of moisture comes off and you are left with an entire tube of pure sugar. It's very harsh and does hurt. I have to use a balm first and then this. It's supposed to be a balm/sugar scrub. I will not repurchase this, even for $3 because I can easily use brown sugar (which is all this is with wax) and my balm. I am having to use two steps now because of the wearing off of the top layer, so this is a fail for me.

Not to mention the sugar in this tube is very stuff and harsh because of the wax holding it in place. You are left with a very hard tube of wax that feels like concrete. Pass on this and just use sugar with balm. It's seriously not worth the trouble because it's not like you can save any time with this and bring it anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by princessho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic! Super convenient and easy to use, also smells delicious. Another win for elf

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love how it isn't messy to use and how fast and easy it is to get rid of my chapped lips. I use it once a week and put vaseline on after exfoliating, making my lips a lot smoother. It's like scrubby sugar in a solid lipstick form. It's so inexpensive and I've hardly made a dent in it so I'm guessing it'll last a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by lucyzta

I would probably buy this again but only because it's $3. I like this stuff okay but personally feel that it's overrated. The beads don't exfoliate as well as I wish they would and I loathe the smell of this stuff. it's way too sweet and stays on my mouth for a few hours even after wiping it off. I really like E.L.F. products but personally feel this one is a bit overrated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this stuff! First off, you can't beat the $3 price! I have used several other lip exfoliators and this one is my favorite. I love how convenient the tube is and that I don't have to apply it with my finger. Yes, it IS gritty, but I really like that. I feel that it truly exfoliates my lips well and it is also very emollient. After using, my lips feel smooth and moisturized. I personally love the cocoa butter scent. Yummy! Go get some!