September 3, 2014 | 1092 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really, really loving this so far.

I've been wanting to try this scrub for awhile, but it was always sold out whenever I went to buy it. Finally found it in stock during a 50% off sale. 3 tubes for $1.50 each. Can't beat the price.

When you first open it, like others have mentioned, you need to scrape off the first layer to get to the scrubbiness, so don't be put off if it just feels like balm for the first couple uses if you choose not to scrape it.

The scrub itself is very coarse, so you don't need to apply it with much pressure to get the desired effect. I really love that this is suspended in balm. I've used potted scrubs before, and though they usually contain some sort of moisturizing oils, I always needed to apply a separate balm after I was finished with the scrub which means that if I wanted to use it on the go, I needed to carry 2 separate products. This scrub, for me, has just the right balance of balm to scrub, so I just need the one product. If you want more moisture, you can always use the side of the stick, as it'll have a more balm-like layer like the top did when it was first opened. I've used about 1cm of the product so far, and the consistency has remained the same.

Also, the packaging. Love, love, love the packaging! No sticking your finger in pots, or chance of dropping lumps of scrub everywhere. Super easy to throw in your purse or even a pocket.

For the price, especially during one of the frequent 50% off sales, there's really no beating the price. Yes, scrubs are easy and inexpensive to make yourself. But I still prefer the lipstick format, and if I were to make my own by mimicking the formula and packing it in my own tubes, I would definitely spend more time and money on supplies. For $1.50 (and it's definitely more than worth the $3 regular price as well), I would recommend adding it to your next ELF order.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by gummypear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am an avid user to a lip exfoliator from Sephora. I decided to give the e.l.f. exfoliator a try after reading many awesome reviews (and the price!). I can honestly say I am not a fan. I would find it easier if it came in a pot, not stick form. The beads don't exfoliate well enough. And my lips can get super dry from the cold NYC air.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I hate to do this but this is overrated. As others have mentioned, after the first use or two the top layer of moisture comes off and you are left with an entire tube of pure sugar. It's very harsh and does hurt. I have to use a balm first and then this. It's supposed to be a balm/sugar scrub. I will not repurchase this, even for $3 because I can easily use brown sugar (which is all this is with wax) and my balm. I am having to use two steps now because of the wearing off of the top layer, so this is a fail for me.

Not to mention the sugar in this tube is very stuff and harsh because of the wax holding it in place. You are left with a very hard tube of wax that feels like concrete. Pass on this and just use sugar with balm. It's seriously not worth the trouble because it's not like you can save any time with this and bring it anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by princessho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic! Super convenient and easy to use, also smells delicious. Another win for elf

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love how it isn't messy to use and how fast and easy it is to get rid of my chapped lips. I use it once a week and put vaseline on after exfoliating, making my lips a lot smoother. It's like scrubby sugar in a solid lipstick form. It's so inexpensive and I've hardly made a dent in it so I'm guessing it'll last a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by lucyzta

I would probably buy this again but only because it's $3. I like this stuff okay but personally feel that it's overrated. The beads don't exfoliate as well as I wish they would and I loathe the smell of this stuff. it's way too sweet and stays on my mouth for a few hours even after wiping it off. I really like E.L.F. products but personally feel this one is a bit overrated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this stuff! First off, you can't beat the $3 price! I have used several other lip exfoliators and this one is my favorite. I love how convenient the tube is and that I don't have to apply it with my finger. Yes, it IS gritty, but I really like that. I feel that it truly exfoliates my lips well and it is also very emollient. After using, my lips feel smooth and moisturized. I personally love the cocoa butter scent. Yummy! Go get some!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaMama

Three dollars, I'll give you three letters for it: FAB.
This is comparable to any high-end scrub you'd want to buy. Let's say Sara Happ because it's got the cocoa/choc scent going on. I can get EIGHT of these for the price of one Sara Happ. I am a packaging nut, which by default makes me a bit snobby about brands, and I enjoy this packaging very much. Feels good in hand, and logo is subtle. And these are portable and compact. The grain goes from rough to fine grit, from sand to a large sugar crystal. The oils/butters they use in ths are luxe feeling. It has a cocoa scent, which I honestly abhor (HATE WITH A PASSION HERETOFORE UNKNOWN) usually. But this one is subtle, slightly sweet.
I got one to use on my son (pre-teen) who gets chapped in wintertime very easily. After the initial OMGOSH, *MOM* it's lipstick! He used it and said his lips felt better. YAY! Any time a product is a success on my son I know I have an absolute winner. He's more sensitive even than I, so something to be said for the fact that it did not irritate him or I, and improved out skin significantly.
My skin feels lovely after I use it. I wet my lips with water, put on LipFusion clear gloss, let sink in, use the ELF Studio Lip Exfoliator, (which I lick a bit and then use a white washcloth to pat the rest off.) admire my handiwoirk, then go over top with LipFusion again.

I <3.

I had the thought that I didn't care for the fact that there was dead skin left on it when I put it up, (as there are with ANY lip product, so lol, I know.) so I ran hot water over the tip. Melted nicely and I felt it cleaner. Probably won't bother doing it again because it's wasteful, and it did make the rough grain too prominent.

***BONUS USE***

On a whim, while doing a manicure, I decided to use this after using my cuticle remover. Yes!
Scrubbed the yuck away, and smoothed them out.

This is one to stock up on. It's nice to open the H&B closet and see them lined up there all luxe-looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Bjm90

This is one of the only actual scrubs or exfoliators I've been able to find! And for only $3. It has a light, sweet scent and it has little beads that scrub your lips. Some may think it hurts but I, personally, want to scrub that dead skin off of my lips. And it does :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by daguerr

I felt like this lip scrub was an alright product. I mean what do you really expect for $3? This is the first lip scrub I utilize into my "skincare" regimen. It's better than using a toothbrush to buff the lips.
The lip scrub itself smells like coco butter, which doesn't bother me at all, and the scrub itself seems like brown sugar. Do not mind the rougher texture at all considering my lips are very drying. I do not recommend if you have sensitive lips. I can handle pain pretty well and consider this to be above average on the pain level.
It is decent enough to get the job done as long as you use a moisturizing lip balm afterwards.