Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this on a whim, and have been pleased overall. Surprisingly so, in fact.

Pros:
*this is my absolute favorite product in terms of application. Easy to put on, no need to sharpen, gives a great glossy finish, can put on quickly when I'm on the go. I wish more products came out in this form, because wow.
*not a large color collection, but very pretty. This color in particular was a very natural-looking red (I have neutral coloring, FWIW).
*the quality for the price was excellent. I've tried a bunch of stains (Josie Maran, Tarte), and this is easily as good as theirs.

Cons
*Not much staying power, on me at least. I'm not sure what's wrong with my lips but almost NOTHING lasts more than an hour on me, save Mac Pro Longwear, and even that isn't guaranteed to last more than a few hours. This product did last a good few hours as long as I didn't drink or eat anything, including water.

Overall, I would definitely buy again. What a fun product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Favorite lip product of all time for reds. I'm going through a phase of bold lip colors (despite I have to wear nudes/pinks for work). I always pick a bold lip color whenever I'm heading out to meet friends or just running my own errands around the city area. I love this so much better than the Revlon Ultimate Suede lipstick in Finale which kind of sucks imo now.

It's a simply idiotproof product, it's basically a really pigmented lipstain with a teeny tiny bit of lipbalm properties. It is minty but no tingling or cooling effect. It doesn't dry out my lips which is a major plus because I hate dry cracking lips. It applies on smooth with great pigmentation but I love to build on the color for more intensity.

Romantic is a beautiful red, slightly leaning towards a warmer spectrum of reds which complements with my yellow undertones really well. I don't even need to use a red lipliner underneath because it will stain my lips red over the time. Fair warning, it does wear off a little during eating/drinking but I love the product so much that I don't mind whipping it out of my bag and touching up my lips after.

My friends said that they will never expect me to wear something so bold but they liked it on my lips! To me, it's a great compliment because this is a product that makes me step out of my comfort zone and be a little more bold and brave.

I do have to say, you can't just rely on this balmstain alone. It's best to have an actual lipbalm that you use regularly before using this product. I wouldn't say this is all that moisturising despite it doesn't dry out my lips.

I also like to use this balmstain as a base for bold lipsticks since this does stain my lips. What I would do for such steps: Regular lipbalm (I have a couple that I rotate around), Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic, let it sit for a while, best would be a a min or two, then blot off lightly, and apply the bold color with a brush. I love pairing these with my Maybelline Bold Matte lipsticks.

I would definitely repurchase this, and probably try out Rendezvous next time round because I love orange lip colors so much.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am very, very pleased with this product. There is nothing bad I can say about it. The color is really nice, a reddish-orange color (I was a little hesitant to buy this because it looks red and i was looking for a red-orange color but when i wear it it is actually red orange).

I have very dry lips that peel and flake and this doesn't emphasize that at all. I put chapstick on and then apply this. Then i let it sit for a few minutes and I blot it once or twice. After that, i have a nice stain that lasts for many hours and doesn't transfer onto anything. I am so impressed with how long it lasts. The smell is minty which is also nice. This isn't moisturizing but it also isn't drying. If you have dry lips i suggest you wear chapstick underneath. In terms of texture, it is kind of like a smooth wax.

I'm just starting out with pigmented lip products and i think this is a great beginners product for people who want to experiment with a red color. It looks like a nice natural red not some glaringly obvious color. The color is also buildable which is also nice.

I would definitely repurchase this if i did run out but i think this will last me a long time.

Ohhh god I am so glad I bought this shade! I already am in love with the Honey one but girl, this shade is no far behind! I always loved a good classic red lips look but I am not a huge fan of regular lipsticks - even if I have some I really like - cause I think they sometimes look too much on me or don't look good on my lips. But this crayon gives a nice red spirit to the lips - that can be even more build up - that achieves the bold red lips look without being too dramatic. Don't get me wrong, the dramatic look is amazing but if appropriated in my case. This crayon allows me to rock red lips anytime since it is just the right amount of red to not look overdo for day time. Regarding of the product itself, as the others just bitten kissable balm stain, it has a subtle fresh mint sent and goes on smooth - but not really shiny - without settling into the little imperfections of the lips (which is my major issue with some lipsticks) and therefore provides a quite amazing natural kinda look (not cakey like some might) to the lips even if it is not a neutral shade! It is not too dry to the lips, but as the stain remains for a long time, I like to reapply or put some lip balm later through the day or night. I also love the packaging and the crayon shape, which I think is funny and so convenient. Well, enough said, it is my HG red lipstick and recommend it to anyone!

At first, I thought the product was kinda hard to apply, but after a few times applying it, it became really beautiful and easy to apply.

COLOR - It's really beautiful especially for someone with pale skin
HYDRATATION - It doesn't hydrate your lips that much so you shoudn't buy it thinking it is gonna make your lips fuller/healthier.
PRICE - It's kinda expensive for a balm but I got it for my birthday so I don't care ;p

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

............."Meh."

Pros:
- Smells minty, which I like
- Nice packaging with "self sharpener" feature
- Does not feel "gritty" or "sticky"
- Stains lips a little

Cons:
- Not true to color, it is MUCH lighter and more pinkish. Big turn off when you want RED
-Quickly dries to a matte, finish that looks old and worn off after like 30 minutes
-Too drying for a "balm"
-Too expensive for what you get

The more natural colors in this line look better than the darker colors, I would repurchase those.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i am half black and believe it or not this color looks beautiful but it looks like i ate a cherry popscicle xD it stains really well and last ALL DAY i love them so much great dupe for clinique chubbies. planning on getting crush soon <3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG i love this so much!

This is actually used for my signature look which is retro and this is amazing! This stains my lips very and lasts forever but the only bad thing is that when it fades it leaves a lip line which i hate!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like these balm stains in general, but this shade just doesn't work for me. I was hoping for a cherry red, but, as another reviewer mentioned, it has a bit of an orange undertone, which just doesn't work with my coloring at all (dark auburn hair, green eyes, light skin).

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm fairly new to makeup, & thought red was pretty much red - boy was I wrong! Every other red I've tried is awful for my fair skin tone. It amazes me that I can wear one red & it makes me feel so self-conscious, but try a different one [THIS ONE] & BAM! I feel like a princess.

Some pros of this particular product for me are that it doesn't seem to feather or smudge, doesn't get on my teeth, is super easy to apply without accidentally getting it everywhere, & seems to last a relatively long time without the ring of death [it wears evenly]. These are all reasons I don't often wear any lip color at all. I was starting to give up hope that I'd ever find anything low maintenance & gorgeous - but this is it! I have 2 other colors from this line [Sweetheart & Honey] & love them all for all the same reasons. If you haven't tried this yet, DO IT! You won't be disappointed!