Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

4.2

on 10/18/2013 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product is just "meh". I was hoping for a product that would stay on long term without looking heavy. At first this product applies in a light red color, feels nice on the lips for about 15 minutes, then dries to a boring strawberry pink color. It does stain your lips, but it has a "worn off" look when it does. The more natural nude colors in this product look good.

Pros: smells minty
good packaging with "self sharpener" feature
Does not feel "gritty" or "sticky"

Cons: not true to color
Quickly dries to a matte, worn looking finish
Too drying for a "balm"
Too expensive for what you get

on 10/7/2013 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i am half black and believe it or not this color looks beautiful but it looks like i ate a cherry popscicle xD it stains really well and last ALL DAY i love them so much great dupe for clinique chubbies. planning on getting crush soon <3

on 10/4/2013 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG i love this so much!

This is actually used for my signature look which is retro and this is amazing! This stains my lips very and lasts forever but the only bad thing is that when it fades it leaves a lip line which i hate!

on 9/29/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like these balm stains in general, but this shade just doesn't work for me. I was hoping for a cherry red, but, as another reviewer mentioned, it has a bit of an orange undertone, which just doesn't work with my coloring at all (dark auburn hair, green eyes, light skin).

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm fairly new to makeup, & thought red was pretty much red - boy was I wrong! Every other red I've tried is awful for my fair skin tone. It amazes me that I can wear one red & it makes me feel so self-conscious, but try a different one [THIS ONE] & BAM! I feel like a princess.

Some pros of this particular product for me are that it doesn't seem to feather or smudge, doesn't get on my teeth, is super easy to apply without accidentally getting it everywhere, & seems to last a relatively long time without the ring of death [it wears evenly]. These are all reasons I don't often wear any lip color at all. I was starting to give up hope that I'd ever find anything low maintenance & gorgeous - but this is it! I have 2 other colors from this line [Sweetheart & Honey] & love them all for all the same reasons. If you haven't tried this yet, DO IT! You won't be disappointed!

on 9/11/2013 8:27:00 PM

Great shade for summer. I bought these in various shade. Im not sure I like the minty taste, and they are also no so smooth to apply. Comparing to clinique chubby stick they are much more pigmented and stay longer, but they dont moisture your lips and if you have dry lips you must apply a lip balm before. Great price though!

on 8/26/2013 12:34:00 PM

This is a gorgeous sheer red with an orange undertone. It's a nice summer color but it works year round as well. The staying power is AMAZING! I don't have to reapply throughout the day and the crayon shape makes application very easy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this stain. It doesn't dry out my lips and gives me color just where I want it. I like the crayon design. It's not messy, doesn't melt in my purse, and applies evenly and easily. The color is pigmented but buildable. It's not all that bright and red when you apply just one coat. I can't say it's really a stain because I don't see it lasting all day. The smell is nice too.

on 8/3/2013 9:53:00 AM

the only thing i dont like about it is it's twisted too far up initially but dis shit's dope

on 7/23/2013 5:55:00 PM

Though I prefer bold in your face matte reds, I like this color for a day at the pool or something. It stains well and I love these things. I like the slight tingly feeling and that it doesn't make my lips peely. I think its good to have at least one of these stains, and this is one of my favorites from the line