Dior Hydra Life BB Creme

3.6

Active: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.75%, Titanium Dioxide 3.55%, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone -3) 1.00% Other: Aqua, Titanium Dioxide, Methyltrimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Nylon 6/12, Alcohol, Iron Oxides, Betaine, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Rosa Hybrid Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ajuga Turkestanica Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Iron Oxides, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides, BHT, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citronellol, Limonene

on 12/27/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I honestly cannot even start to say how much I LOVE Dior's Hydra Life BB Creme. I must warn you, I will ramble, however, if you want to read JUST the review... scroll down to the second to last paragraph to last paragraph.

I have combination/dry/sensitive and acne-scarred skin and have tried foundation after foundation... to tinted moisturizer after tinted moisturizer... to BB cream after BB cream to find something that provides be coverage, works with my sensitive skin, and moisturizes so I do not get flaky 5 minutes after applying. I started with foundations and found them to look very dry/cakey a few hours later (without touch-ups). I liked tinted moisturizers, however, they did not last very long. I tried some drug store BB creams and some department store BB creams. I tried a few Asian ones as well. Drug store ones were too pink for my skin tone (I'm an NC35 if that helps with what tone my skin is. If it further helps... I have a sub-Asian father and a Korean mother... I have lots of golden undertone to my skin, hahaha). Most department store BB creams looked too white/ashy on my skin or were not providing what I was hoping for. And Asian BB creams (though very similar to what I was wanting... I am pretty dark when compared to the shades pure Asian BB creams have). Well... here comes Dior to the rescue!

First... I'll let you guys know about the cons and get them out of the way. The problem most people have (however, not applicable to myself), is that this BB cream comes in only ONE shade. The next con is that it is expensive (roughly $56 USD).

Well... those were the cons in general... however, only one applied to me. I kept toying with the possibility of paying $56 (plus tax) for a few months after receiving a few samples from Sephora. I loved my first sample so much that whenever I went to Sephora, I would continue to look at the glorious and sophisticated light seafoam blueish-green, sqeezy-pumped tube, and contemplate if I really want to dish out the money for this. Finally... the holidays come along and I received a VIB e-coupon from Sephora and my sister was stuck on what to get me for the holidays. She asked to use my VIB e-coupon and purchased it as my Christmas present (I LOVE her to bits and pieces and have thanked her nonstop for the past few days straight, haha). The shade matches me perfectly. It does not oxidize. It contains beautifying benefits, coverage, moisturizes, SPF (30 PA+++!), and smells amazing (at least, to me it smells amazing. It does wear off about 5 minutes later). When you first pump out the product, it looks liquidy and you might think "oh geez... how does THIS provide coverage?"; however, use a little and apply even throughout the face. About 10 seconds later, you'll see it does have coverage (and quite full coverage to be honest. I haven't needed concealer to cover my acne scars).

I have to say that I am loving this product right now and am seeing it becoming a HG product (a very expensive HG product!!!). After all that has been said, I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this product. I would recommend this product for people who have dry skin, aged skin, skin with scars/blemishes, and are of the NC25 (maybe) to NC45 (roughly) range. It is unfortunate that there is only one shade, however, try a sample to see if the color matches your skintone.

on 12/14/2012 2:24:00 PM

I never met a Dior foundation that I didn't like...until this one came along. This product claims to "correct" the complexion. It must've been opposite day when they decided that because this crap did EXACTLY opposite of correct anything. It made me look worse than when I have no makeup on. Let's start with the color. Way too yellow/orange for someone with NC20 skin this did not mesh well at all-you noticed the color difference around my eyebrows. The color of this BB cream makes my skin look sickly and it highlights all my flaws including my large pores/bumps (from acne/blackheads under the skin) and forget about it if you have any signs of fatigue. The first thing my father said to me after not seeing me for a month while I was wearing this was "wow you look tired." I pretty much always look tired but never actually got told that. Now lets move on to consistency. I find this very hard to blend and it feels very dry and dirty. If you have oily/acne prone skin/large pores, I would say FAR FAR away from this. Makes everything look and feel a lot worse and actually seemed to MAKE my problems worse. My skin looked oily and horrible the entire day. My other makeup didn't sit right on top of this either. I would definitely skip this ESPECIALLY considering the high price. Their foundations are amazing and around that same price point

on 11/27/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recieved this as a 100 pt perk from Sephora. I have never tried anything from dior before so I was so excited to try this. I used BB creams in spring/summer but none of them were working for me anymore (I used too faced, smashbox and garnier). So, I love the coverage if I put just a small amt on and rub it in with my hands it looks like I just naturally have great skin so it's perfect for running a quick errand or lazy days. But if I use a stippling brush and some mineral foundation on top it gives me a medium coverage with a beautiful finish. My skin gets really oily but its also dry/flaky in areas where I use acne cream. This keeps me matte but also hydrated. I hate looking dewy but I don't want the dry skin to look bad. So in all I love everything about this bb cream except for the color. It is a little bit to dark for me. I assume most people wear bb creams in spring/summer when they have more color so this will be perfect then. But for now I'll have to fake tan my neck and chest for this to be a perfect match. Maybe eventually they will come out with new colors. I will be buying the full size bottle when my sample runs out!

on 11/26/2012 5:15:00 PM

I got a deluxe sample. I was really amazed about its texture and coverage. Compared to Make Up For Ever Face&Body Liquid Makeup foundation, it spreads just as easy but has more coverage. The one big draw back for me is the color. It's too dark for my NC20-25 skin. It suits people with medium to dark skin tone. I would purchase it if Dior offers more color selections.

on 11/24/2012 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

So I was in sephora on Black Friday just browsing around. I came to talking to a SA and she recommended this. I tried it the next day and OMG! I loved it!!! I've tried skin79 and dr. Jart. This is the only bb that looks perfect with my coloring. I'm ASIAN and wear nc 30. Love the coverage. I have acne scars and it covers them!!! I tried it twice to make sure it really worked and it did!!! I ordered one from sephora ASAP!!!

on 11/22/2012 4:33:00 PM

Texture: Watery
Coverage: 25%
Scent: Strong but fades within 4 hr
Staying Power: up to 4 hr without powder, up to 8 hr with powder

I am a huge fan of Dior products, so I had to try this even if the price is quite high for bb cream. This is my first non-asian bb cream. the consistency is watery, coverage is okay but like most people here stated, the shade is too dark! This BB cream tends to rub off on things, so be careful when using white napkin and giving ppl hugs...

on 11/13/2012 11:54:00 AM

Whoa. Waaay to dark to be only available in one shade! I got this as a 100 pt Sephora perk and I can't even try it because it is so dark and orange on the back of my hand. Oh well. I'm loving the MAC BB cream in Light Plus, though, that's good stuff.

on 11/10/2012 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I did not like this bb cream. It was too dark for my skin...and too yellow as well. It offered a matte result indeed, but after wearing it my skin seemed to be dry and unhealthy. The result was unnatural.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this!! Other bb creams leave a gray cast and I do not like waiting for it to settle, I want it to look good right away. I have very yellow asian skin tone and this is perfect. I never wear foundation because I can't stand my skin looking like..not skin. This is seriously the only product I've used where I can't see it on my face yet it corrects the redness and smooths my skin. Amazing!

on 10/24/2012 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is too dark and orange for my pale NC15 skin. It is a nice formula though and I think it would be a nice option for someone with dry skin in the NC25 range. Satin finish, sinks in quickly, no detectable fragrance.