July 30, 2014 | 1333 users online

BB Cream - Christian Dior - Hydra Life BB Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Chitowngrl75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was in sephora on Black Friday just browsing around. I came to talking to a SA and she recommended this. I tried it the next day and OMG! I loved it!!! I've tried skin79 and dr. Jart. This is the only bb that looks perfect with my coloring. I'm ASIAN and wear nc 30. Love the coverage. I have acne scars and it covers them!!! I tried it twice to make sure it really worked and it did!!! I ordered one from sephora ASAP!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Morbidprince

Texture: Watery
Coverage: 25%
Scent: Strong but fades within 4 hr
Staying Power: up to 4 hr without powder, up to 8 hr with powder

I am a huge fan of Dior products, so I had to try this even if the price is quite high for bb cream. This is my first non-asian bb cream. the consistency is watery, coverage is okay but like most people here stated, the shade is too dark! This BB cream tends to rub off on things, so be careful when using white napkin and giving ppl hugs...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whoa. Waaay to dark to be only available in one shade! I got this as a 100 pt Sephora perk and I can't even try it because it is so dark and orange on the back of my hand. Oh well. I'm loving the MAC BB cream in Light Plus, though, that's good stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did not like this bb cream. It was too dark for my skin...and too yellow as well. It offered a matte result indeed, but after wearing it my skin seemed to be dry and unhealthy. The result was unnatural.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sw33tvi3tchic

I love this!! Other bb creams leave a gray cast and I do not like waiting for it to settle, I want it to look good right away. I have very yellow asian skin tone and this is perfect. I never wear foundation because I can't stand my skin looking like..not skin. This is seriously the only product I've used where I can't see it on my face yet it corrects the redness and smooths my skin. Amazing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is too dark and orange for my pale NC15 skin. It is a nice formula though and I think it would be a nice option for someone with dry skin in the NC25 range. Satin finish, sinks in quickly, no detectable fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bb cream has a nice consistency -- it's not too thick and it blends in very well. It doesn't feel like anything on the skin and the finish is just really gorgeous -- you're left with smooth, dewy skin.

Sadly, the color is too dark for me. I had to layer a different bb cream over this because I had no time to take everything off and re-apply my make-up. (Because of that, I can't really say much about how it lasted throughout the day. I did notice I got really oily, but I don't know if it was due to this or my other bb cream.)

Anyway, back to the color... I'm about NC25-20, MUFE 117/120 (the 120 is a tad dark) and this will not work on me.

Also, you're looking at $56. But this isn't too bad because you're getting 1.7 oz of product. Compare that to MUFE or NARS, which are $42 for almost half that size at 1 oz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit of a foundation junkie and have tried many, many many foundations. I also am careful with money and don't spend anything close to $50 dollars on a single product. But, this was money very well spent for me. I have very yellow tone skn and most other BB cremes are either too light or too gray for me. I find this product really intruiging - it feels very light, like I"m not wearing any makeup. But it covers redness and evens my skin, giving it a nice dewy glow. It also lasts a good amout of time but at the end of the day, after it fades it sort of leaves my skin looking good on its own. Its kind of hard to describe. This is one of the few foundations/BB creams, I'll actually buy again. I highly recommend this BB cream. Most other I"ve tried had zero coverage and my skin is generally not too bad except for redness.

Update - after a few months it seems the BB crème has changed. Now when I put it on, its a lot darker, kind of orange. It also doesn't seem anywhere near as hydrating.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by ladyjanegrey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed. I expect of a BB cream to be highly emollient, moisturizing. This one is it definitely not ! Leaves my skin dry and peeling - very uncomfortable. It's rather thick, with a high coverage - it feels like an oilfree fluid makeup. Might be good for oily and/or young skin though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this BB cream. My search for the perfect BB cream/foundation/tinted moisturizer/whatever is finally over! I've tried many BB creams.
Bobbi Brown's broke me out.
Skin79's pink label didn't do much, and the tone was off.
Garnier's was greasy.
Stila's covered absolutely nothing.
Too Faced's Tinted Beauty Balm was okay, but zero coverage.
Smashbox's was the closest one, but it broke me out and could be very drying.
Enter the Dior Hydra Life BB cream. I got a sample of this and it lasted me almost two weeks, which is insane. Beware, this is very yellow (but then again, so am I). The shade might not be for everyone, which is a shame. The coverage is amazing, and you only need a little honestly.
For everyday use, I dab it around and then blend with my Sephora #55 foundation brush. I then add some Guerlain's meteorites (#3 teint dore, I think). I then add the Dior Natural Glow Enhancing blush/bronzer thingy.
On days when I want a little more coverage, I tap and press the BB cream into my skin and do the other steps as well.
I have very very very sensitive skin, and this did give me a few little pimples in the beginning. But I persevered, and am so happy I did. This is truly one of the only HG products I've ever found!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No