Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 2/2/2015 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

So I just revisited this foundation after a year of not using it... About a year ago I was looking for a HG liquid foundation, as my Bare Minerals was no longer cutting it for coverage and lasting power, and was trying a lot of products all at one time.

I remembered trying this product, not hating it, but trying a lot of other things, and I think this just got shoved into my makeup vault, only to be pulled out recently after watching some you tubers using this product.

For reference, I am NW 25 in MAC and I matched myself to the True Beige whipped Colorstay foundation. The color match is good and I do use some bronzer and highlighter to do a subtle contour and highlight (nothing crazy) this provides a nice even base for my skin. I wouldn't say that I have mature skin; however, it is not what it used to be. I have 3 lines (not fine, but not deep yet) on my forehead, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have combination skin, normal in the cheek and forehead area, oily in the TZone. I have melasma on both of my cheeks that resulted from sun exposure when I was pregnant. As well as red marks from blemishes from when I was a teenager.

(side note here: I never had "acne as a preteen or teenager, but once a month I would get a beautiful blemish on my cheek area. As a result of popping and picking these areas, I am left with red marks from the scarring. ) In addition to this, I do have broken capillaries on my upper cheeks and on the side of my nose.

Whew, I think I covered it all, and if I left details out I'm sorry. What I can say about this foundation is that it does provide decent coverage with minimal product. My HG foundation is the Smashbox 15 hour hydrating foundation; however, it is a bit pricey and was looking for a foundation that I could use daily... This fits the bill for me as it covers what I want for daily use. I want to note before I complete the review that I do think it's all about the primer with this foundation for staying power.

I used Smashbox's color correcting (silicone) and this slid off halfway through the day. The same thing happened when using It Cosmetic's primer serum. However, with Too Faced's Hangover Primer, stays beautifully and I still have that lit from within glow. I would recommend to those who are looking for a functional daily foundation. :)

on 1/30/2015 3:34:00 PM

One of my favorite drugstore foundations.

I think most people would be put off by the fact that this is such a thick consistency (thus the name- "whipped") however, I will say that when I apply this foundation, I hardly even notice I'm wearing it... it's more comfortable even than some of my liquid foundations.

My skin problems include a lot of post-immflamatory hyper pigmentation (mine appear as redness, not dark spots) as well as some dry spots in the wintertime. This foundation is one of the only ones I've tried that seems to look better as it wears throughout the day. It's also really good coverage without ever looking cakey. It covers any blemishes and/or redness I may have with one thin layer.

Lastly, I should point out that I'm not a fan of the jar packaging. Really bulky for travel, and not very sanitary. I wish it came in a tube instead, but considering how much I like the foundation, I will say that this is a minor complaint.

Would definitely recommend to others with normal to dry skin that prefer a heavier coverage foundation (not sure how this would work for oily skin).

on 1/23/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I actually like this Whipped Creme foundation. Normally, I wouldn't try it because I would think it wasn't made for oily skin. But this foundation isn't moisturizing - it's not drying either.

I like it better than the Color Stay liquid because you can spread it easier (which is great since I like a thin layer of coverage).

I really like the buildable coverage, and that it is a long lasting foundation. Also, they have a nice color range - the colors aren't too orange or too pink, and I was able to find a shade light enough for my skin.

on 1/23/2015 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this makeup after a couple of hours. It seems to look better after is has settled into my skin after awhile. I like this for a full coverage evening look. I wish it had better packaging. The jar is so messy and unsanitary.

Revlon please make a version of this that isn't pore clogging. I very, very rarely get any bumps. At 36 I haven't had to deal with that in about a decade.

Within a few days of using this I got clogged pores here & there. Then it became worse with the pores looking like bumps, but they were deep & not to be gross... inpoppable. I still have a couple on my chin from a almost half a year ago.

I loved everything about this product but had to stop using it within two weeks.

Great buildable coverage, great color match, great wear time. But, all of that meant nothing because it kept making my skin look worse. I really wish this could have worked.

(I'm going to try a different cleansing method to see if this will help with keeping my pores in check, will update)

on 1/21/2015 5:50:00 PM

This made me look like I was waiting to be put in a casket. It's that thick. And when it blends it gets paler. It feels like you have makeup all over your face, about two inches worth of it. Also, the colors are deceptive and get lighter after you put them on. The only good thing is it does last, it really does last. And you don't want it to last. I also feel like canisters are not hygienic. This went in the trash.

on 1/18/2015 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I used ColorStay liquid for years until the last formula change (a couple years ago?) when it suddenly went on streaky and the color was off. I decided to try the whipped version and have been very pleased so far. I'm a faithful Bare Minerals user, but I like having a long-wear in my arsenal; one that I can apply on my neck and not have it transfer to my clothing. I am applying this with a Real Techniques stippling brush. I spray Boots Rosewater spray where I'm going to apply the foundation, then I dot on the foundation using my fingers. Then I spray the brush with the rosewater spray, stipple a bit then swirl. I do this again and again until I have covered my face and neck. I apply a fairly light layer then go back and add another thin layer to areas that need coverage, like around my nose. If I applied heavily enough to conceal everything, it would be too mask-like for me -- I want to even out my skin tone but not totally eliminate every spot and mark. After the foundation sets for a minute I lightly brush on baby powder to set it. The other day I wore a white cotton button-down and at the end of the day, not one trace of transfer. Also, I can get by without a powder touch-up during the day, and that's unheard of for me! It wears evenly and the color stays true until I take it off. I think they could rethink the packaging, though.The jar is heavy glass and the lid is light, cheap plastic; in fact, my lid broke, so I had to transfer the product into a travel jar. There's no need for all the heft, so maybe if they knocked a few ounces off the jar, they could knock a dollar or two off the price!

on 1/17/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This has such great lasting power! It stays put and looks good all day, even after sweating in hot Florida weather. I only apply it with a damp sponge because I think it can be a bit cakey otherwise. The coverage is not as heavy as I thought it would be, but it's still good. The packaging is annoying though, and it's way too expensive in my opinion.

on 1/14/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is now competing with the original Colorstay as my HG foundation. (I have super oily skin, hyperpigmentation, and spray tan frequently) This stuff ROCKS. I use my ELF flat top kabuki (powder) brush to apply this and it goes on so smoothly. My skin is dry to the touch and not tacky after application - the coverage is medium but can be built up. It blends in to my skin flawlessly and doesn't look cakey at all. The texture of this stuff is very smooth and creamy. My favorite thing about this is how fresh it looks ALL day - I definitely don't have as much greasiness/oil on my nose, chin and forehead like I did with the original Colorstay. The glass jar isn't easy to travel with, nor is it very hygenic - but I suppose frequent brush washing could help. Also - this photographs very well. I read that this foundation doesn't have sunscreen in it, so ghost-face in pictures is no more!

I enjoy this foundation alot. It's my favorite one from Revlon. I apply it with my fingers and is blends like YouTube Nicole Guerrero said like BUTTER. that's why I tried it, and I'm really glad that I did. I don't exactly trust YouTube now days since companies are paying them to write good reviews. Regardless of how I came across it I found is it full coverage, for me really easy to blend and I never really moisturized my face unless it was super dry. I honestly live the jar I like to see all my money/product there for my to go all in with my hands and it is a cute jar. I would think it was am expensive brand if you ripped the labels off, I was suprised I liked this me than colorstay. It was the most expensive one from Revlon, and it's not travel friendly are the only complaints I have.

Popular Crème Foundations