Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm - Crush

4.2

on 4/5/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have olive, Indian skin, NC35 for reference!

I bought this lip stain without seeing too many reviews from people with my skin tone and was worried It would look too harsh. I was wrong! This is a deep berry purple color and theres no right way to describe it since it looks different on everyone honestly. I love the way this looks on my skin tone though. If you apply it with a normal "hand" (not sure how to describe that) you'll get this rich color. I tend to blot the heck out of mine just to skip all of the nonsense and to see the stain color that I want from this product. I don't like lipsticks nor do I wear them but sometimes I want color in my lips.IF you have pigmented lips, this is one of the better colors to achieve a stain with!

* I recommend exfoliating your lips gently with either a soft toothbrush or some sugar mixed with equal amount of honey for a mini lip scrub! This makes sure that the stain is absorbed evenly for a preeeeety color!

on 3/25/2013 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

These days as I age, I find I need sheer formulas with little to no shimmer to work with my lips' tone and condition. I thought this would be great; they rate fairly highly depending on the shade.

I wanted to love this but there are some serious defects. First and foremost: the peppermint. Nope. Not a good idea EVER to put anywhere on your body. People seem to love the fresh-feeling "tingle" and thing it is good for them. NOT ON YOUR LIFE. Peppermint is an irritant (that's what the tingle is actually) and drying and photosensitizing. If you must have any of the mints, have it in a nice cup of tea while reading a good book.

Second: the color. It started off lovely for me, a nice cool pink-berry, but as described in some other shades, the color morphed into this lurid fuschia that might be OK on a braver soul but I just hate it. Maybe the pigments react to a person's chemistry in some way, so that the color stays true on some, but on others, Bazinga! you get some weird neon occurance you totally weren't prepared for. So maybe I'll have to swap this or give it away. I'd consider another shade but for the peppermint. It kills my lips and I wish cosmetic formulations would just skip it entirely (Burt's Bees: I'm talking to you, you should know better).

on 3/22/2013 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The color is quite unique. It's a plummy/wine/hot pink shade on me. Goes on smoothly upon application although I hate the chubby stick. Don't really want to whip that out in public. The color lasts A LONG time. I ate breakfast and drank coffee and the color was still on 3.5 hours later. I did have to touch up in one corner, but otherwise it looked exactly the same (even along the inner "ring" of your lips that actually touch the cup). It did make my lips look a little dried out/crumbly as the day progressed, but overall I am quite impressed with these Kissable stains! I quite enjoy the mint flavor in them and plan on collecting more colors.

on 3/4/2013 2:15:00 AM

I absolutely adore this product! It's the perfect mix between lipstick and gloss. Every time I wear it I get many compliments and people constantly asking me what it is and where I got it. I bought a comparable product from Clinique was found that this one is a much better formula (not to mention, a much better price!!). Cannot wait to buy this product in other shades.

on 2/15/2013 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I bought this on a whim one day, and boy am I glad I did! This has probably been my most worn lip product all fall and winter. I did pick it up thinking it was more of a deep wine colour, but it is in fact quite bright. I am okay with this though, just keep that in mind if you're looking to purchase this. I love the balmy-but-not-too-balmy texture, and the wear is amazing. I actually prefer it after the initial application shine has worn off, as I personally like matte lips better than shiny. It has a very slight minty scent that goes away quickly. It stays through eating and drinking. In fact, I still have traces of it the next morning after sleeping! A brilliant invention, solving the problem of most lipstains being drying. Will definitely be purchasing more colours.

on 2/11/2013 2:22:00 PM

I really like this lip stain balm. It's smooth and silky with no bad taste or fragrance. I'd give it five stars if wore just a bit longer, but I still really like the color and feel. It doesn't dry out my lips like my Benefit Bene-Tint does, which now lays in the back of my makeup drawer unused. I wear this alone, as a base and also love the look I get wearing a sheer coat of NYX Glam Aqua Luxe over it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a lip product addict, for sure. I am not a fan of the sticky goo aspect of gloss, and I also always blot down lipstick. This balm-stain is the perfect in-between product. There's color, like blotted lipstick, and some shine, like balm, with a slick finish. Perfect. Look forward to choosing another color of the same formula.

on 1/16/2013 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Just got this in the mail as the colour isn't available in NZ! This is the prettiest lip product I have ever owned! I have the same lipstain in precious, and that is oh-so-average but this one is amazing! The colour is a reddy plum that's not as dark as you would think. This is the first time I'd ever tried a dark coloured lip product and I'm in love! I think the best part of this product though is that it changes. The initial balm goes on the dark plum and slowly whilst the balm wears down, it becomes wine, then dark cherry, then red, until its just a hint of red (all of its stages are so pretty!!!) and the stain lasts forever! It's literally more than 24 hours before you're back to completely nude lips.

on 1/15/2013 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is hands down the most beautiful lip stain I have ever seen. Color is a gorgeous rich berry that you can build up to get a darker color. It lasts on my lips for 2-3 hours, and after that there's still a hint of color. It's moisturizing enough and it has a pleasant smell. And I think this color would look very flattering on any skin tone. Overall, I am very satisfied with this lip stain and I hope Revlon never discontinues this gorgeous shade.

on 1/9/2013 10:39:00 PM

I've had this lip stain for about a week now. It was the darkest shade out of the lip stains, so I went with this. I'm NC35 and with tannish lips. I normally just use cherry lip balm to brighten my lips a bit for a more natural look, but I was getting really tired of reapplying all day to get that color. This lip stain is nice because it is moisturizing, so that it is easier to spread and control the intensity of the color. I first apply a very thin layer of lip balm to my lips and then just apply a bit of this to my bottom lip. After I press my lips, it looks really nice, like MLBB, but a bit brighter. I applied it in the morning and didn't have any issues with reapplying (through a meal and a coffee) until the late afternoon. A caveat: be sure that your lips are nicely exfoliated, or this will make those flakes come out more. If Revlon can make a darker shade than this, then I'd be all for it!