Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Lovesick

4.4

on 12/30/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Lovesick is the answer to an (ex)Maiden’s Prayer: Please, goddess, send me the perfect bright fuschia Pink Nouveau for evening, in a format that won’t: 1) immediately transfer onto my wine glass leaving a garishly smeared rim, nor 2) wear away so totally over dinner that by the time some cheerful person inevitably says “Say cheese!’ my lipstick – and therefore my makeup - will be totally missing in action.

No previous stain has given me the color control of these fabulous crayons. Most stains tend to turn the same shade of cherry red on me. Or they just wimp out, no better than your average lipstick for durability.

But these crayons are different; they leave behind a respectable representation of their original color as stain, allowing you to look well turned out even if you didn’t go sprinting into the Ladies’ between courses. Heaven.

on 12/19/2012 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Very bright fuschia color. This color varies depending on your natural lip shade. On me it's a dark fuschia... on others it's brighter. Very nice. These are my FAVORITE lip product. They are comfortable on the lips. Smell nice. No unpleasant taste. The best part is they ACTUALLY STAIN MY LIPS! All over stains I've tried not only dry the hell out of my lips and are uncomfortable, but they don't stain.

on 12/19/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Lovesick is a well-pigmented glossy, hot pink shade. I do really like the shade, but it is lighter and brighter on me, compared to the shade that Emma Stone is wearing in the above ad - we both have fair skin, so I'm not sure what is going on there; either Emma has very pigmented lips, or someone went overboard with touch-ups in Revlon's marketing department.

Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain ensures that my lips are kept hydrated and flake free during cold weather and central heating. And, true to it's name, not only is it a effective balm, but the colour actually does wear like a traditionally drying lip stain - it stays put for hours, through both eating and drinking.

I can't believe that it took me so long to try these stains; I wear them all of the time, now that I do have them and they have quickly become my favourite lip product. They remind me of Tarte's Lip Surgences, but these are better as they wear for much longer, they don't melt in the tube and the caps don't crack, making a mess in my bags - not to mention that Tarte isn't officially sold in the UK.

I want go on to buy every shade of these balm stains, as I love the three that I own, so hopefully all of the shades will be released in the UK soon.

on 12/17/2012 7:53:00 PM

this is probably my favorite thing right now. when i saw it in the store i thought i'd pick up a color and this looked pretty. i payed a reasonable price and went home. i tried it on and it was love at first sight! it felt good and looked good. gorgeous shade on all skin tones. there stain is pigmented and goes on nice. the packaging is cute and easy to use. but like all product it has it flaws this isn't as buggy and can be fixed in a second and thats that f your lips aren't moisturized it clumps on the spots and looks bad but you can just use a balm underneath.

on 12/10/2012 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like the color of this, and the other kissable balm stains are great. But this one is a little different. This was my first more brightly colored balm stains and I don't know if I'm going to purchase more. Originally, I was out to buy sweetheart and they were out, so I settled for lovesick and cherish. I was excited for this, seeing as it is a hot pink, which usually goes great with my pale skin. Though the color is gorgeous, the "balm" part of this is definitely not there. It was drying and creeped into dry spots I didn't even know I had! I tried with the richest of lip balms and it was still drying after a couple of hours. Idk if I got a bad one, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 12/6/2012 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Definitely a no for me. Very drying even with the balm and using vaseline. The colors also left a different stain color after a few hours than orginally put on. I also do not like how the stain sinks into creases on the lips and emphasizes anything that isn't perfect to say the least.

on 12/6/2012 10:03:00 PM

I bought this due to all of the hype... I was really excited about buying this lipstain because of it's adorable twist up crayon.

However, the color is great, but, where is the balm???
All it does it dry my lips out within 5 minutes!

on 10/19/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Initial colour payoff is great, nice minty flavour, and fantastic packaging (easily mistaken for the more expensive Clinique Chubby Sticks). That said, the attempt to combine a balm and stain compromised both - I don't find them moisturizing enough, nor do I find the stain lasts more than 15-20 minutes. Won't repurchase as the original dual-ended lip stains were a better fit for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This color is SO cute ... really true to what the ads show, and just darling on. When I first tried it on I had one of those "Oh, I need another of these, so I can keep one at home, one for my purse. I'm in love!" But I have to say, I'm not crazy about how it wears. First of all, I don't find it to be more of a stain than most lipsticks this color --- which do stain, since it's fairly intense. Secondly, I find it gives me the dreaded ring around the mouth. I love how it feels when it first goes on, and like I said, the color is just darling, but I find myself not reaching for it much lest I scare people by accidentally forgetting to re-apply often enough!

on 10/10/2012 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best for fuschia lips. Such a gorgeous color. Easier to pull off then most. Stays all day, beautiful color pay off, smells good, AND moisturizes? What more could you ask for?? It's perfect. All of them, especially honey as a natural, are great. The packaging is adorable!!! Also lasts a lifetime. Buy buy buy.
Beware though it takes a while to completely come off. Still my fav.