Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 2/4/2015 3:07:00 AM

This brush is my savior. Before I used this I was using cheap, stippling brushes which did nothing for my foundation. The expert face brush makes my makeup look smooth. The bristles are sturdy yet soft and really give you full control of the application. It's great for buffing and stippling! Pretty easy to clean as well which is a bonus.
It's a bit pricey imo (around $20 AUD at Priceline) but worth it nonetheless.

on 2/1/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE!

on 1/31/2015 8:25:00 AM

This brush is excellent. I usually use the Buffing Brush for my tinted moisturiser but read that the Expert Face Brush is brilliant so decided to buy it. I would say the Expert brush is much better for my TM as it gives it more of a sheer finish so it looks like a second skin. I use the NARS TM and found that the Buffing Brush made the product sit on my skin a little. I must say however that the Buffing Brush us excellent for mineral foundation. I love these brushes and will probably buy a few more!

on 1/31/2015 6:44:00 AM

Deadset changed my life. I am in a relationship with my expert face brush I use it that often. It works in so many ways but most importantly, applies my foundations (liquid and mineral powder) like a dream. Do yourself a favour a get one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I have to say, after watching all the beauty gurus on YouTube raving about this brush, "how incredibly soft it was", "how amazing it applied foundation", I was excited, no, ecstatic when I found it at my local Walgreens. I paid around $10 for it, and used it first thing when arriving home.
And it was a huge dissapointment to be honest... Really, I understand that the bristles are duo fiber and dense, that it applies foundation without streaking, but really? The hairs on the brush are very coarse and brittle. It felt so uncomfortable buffing foundation against my skin with this brush! My sensitive skin felt hurt and tugged. I am used to softer brushes that, believe it or not, I bought at EBay for a super cheap price and they are amazingly soft and well made. If you want to check those out, here's my review on them: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=175673/Ebay-10-Piece-Kabuki-Brush-Set/Unlisted-Brand/Makeup-Brushes

For my sensitive skin, this brush isn't for me. And it is kind of small and expensive for what it really is. Not a fan, sorry Chapman girls!

on 1/19/2015 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a fantastic affordable brush that everyone should own. I use it for my liquid foundation and stick foundations.

Pros:
-very soft bristles which don't shed
-stands up on tabletop
-blends foundation seamlessly and evenly
-affordable (I bought mine on iherb, it's so much more expensive in australian stores)

Cons
Can't really name any

on 1/8/2015 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I returned this brush. The RT Expert brush has soft, dense ,man made bristles but the fiber hairs are too compact and tight with very little give. I have found this to be the case of a few of the RT brushes.
While it performed well, I don't want a brush to be tugging at my skin like this one did.

This brush is amazing! such a high quality brush at an affordable price. I got mine for 8.99 from superdrug in the UK which included free delivery for beauty card holders. This brush is extremely soft and feels lovely on the skin. I use this for liquid foundation - either bobbi brown longwear or bourjois healthy mix. I pump the foundation on the back of my hand and then use this brush to apply it, after priming my face. It blends the foundation in seemlessly! I then use the real techniques buffing brush to apply my powder. All in all, I couldn't recommend this brush enough.

on 1/3/2015 3:24:00 PM

This sucker is hard and I didn't like it one bit. I have several knock off real tech brushes from ebay/China that I've purchased for $1.32 with free shipping and they were better imo. They usually arrive in 9days,the longest I've waited is 2wks and considering that my Ulta purchase from less than 200 miles away tooK 12 days to arrive, I'd be crazy to complain. These brushes are well made, dense yet soft bristles with No shedding. Minus the brand name on the handle you would never know that they were not the real deal just by looking at them.

I love this brush, gives your foundation a nice airbrush look, the brush is very sturdy and firm like I like them. I love using this brush to apply my cream to powder foundation...I've already purchased 3 of just this brush and I will continue to purchase more...

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products