Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush

4.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is such a small brush, but I like it for liquid foundation. I know, weird! But I've been using it for foundation for a year and it gives such a flawless finish. It allows me to work with areas precisely and it doesn't leave the skin with streaks of foundation. Love it and will repurchase it!

on 2/27/2014 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have 4 of these brushes I love them so much!! fantastic for setting or contouring, so impressed with Samantha Chapman brushes and more importantly the price is amazing which I why I buy so many of her brushes.

on 2/25/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is one of the best brushes!
I have used this to set banana powder underneath my eyes, with a powder bronzer to contour, and with a powder blush!
I haven't had any issues with shedding fibers and it washes easily with brush cleaner or baby shampoo.
This brush is super soft but not so soft that it doesn't pick up and easily distribute pigment.
I would absolutely purchase this brush again--I have not been able to to find it for sale individually, so that would be nice.

on 2/21/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This brush is awesome!!! I need to purchase a few more I love it so much. I use it to set my under eye concealer mainly, but this brush will do so much more! Apply highlight, contour, blending eye shadows, etc. Very reasonably priced and excellent quality!

on 2/20/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Absolutely love this brush! This is my second RT brush, the first is the powder brush, separate review on that in my profile, but omg this brush is perfect for doing exactly what it's called "setting". I use this to set my under eye concealer. For all over the face I use the powder brush, I'm not a heavy makeup wearer so I don't have much else to set lol, so bottom line is this brush is awesome and has multiple uses, and it's only $8-9 at Ulta. Totally affordable, durable, and totally fabulous! Can't wait to get my hands on more of these brushes, thank you RT for making awesome quality brushes that are affordable!

on 2/20/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

LOVE this. It was one of my first RT brushes & I can't imagine ever using anything else. I love this for applying power under eyes (to set concealer) & down t-zone. Works so well, applies so lightly, it's just wonderful to use.

on 2/17/2014 4:59:00 PM

I LOVE this brush. I was confused by the name of this brush, but this really is such a "jack of all trades" brush that you can use to apply pretty much anything. I usually use this to apply highlighter & concealer, but this can also be doubled as eyeshadow blending brush. The quality is amazing and this brush was so cheap! I will definitely be purchasing more brushes from this line. I actually like this better than my expensive brushes.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Fabulous brush, possibly the best in RT's entire line just based on its usefulness. RT calls it a "setting brush," that name really undersells the jack-of-all-trades nature of this brush. Not only is it great at setting concealer under the eye and into the small curves of your face (around the nostrils, the Cupid's bow or the groove above your chin), the size, shape of fluffiness makes it perfect for applying and blending both powder and cream products for a variety of tasks. You can use this brush to contour (the pointed tip of the brush really helps to get a soft slim line under the cheekbones, jawline or on the sides of the nose), to highlight, to apply liquid or cream concealer, to blend eye shadow or even do some crease work if you want to do a very natural, subtly defined eye.

This brush is teardrop shaped with a softly tapered tip. The bristles are packed in a way so that they're dense enough to be able to buff or apply cream products but is still loose enough to apply powders sheerly. Like all RT brushes, this brush is cruelty free and made from very soft Taklon bristles. This brush holds its shape very well through washing, there's minimal shedding and the entire brush is just well constructed and made to last. At $7.99, this brush is a steal. I like it so much I plan on buying a second one so I have separate brushes to use for powder and cream products.

on 2/13/2014 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This brush has so many uses that I need to buy a few more so I don't have to keep washing it so often! I use it mostly to set my undereye concealer with mineral veil, or some kind of setting powder. I just lightly sweep it or tap it. I use this to apply my highlighter to the tops of my cheeks or anywhere else. I use this to apply my concealer (this is where a 2nd brush would come in handy -- one for powder products, one for creamy). I haven't used it for eyeshadow, but I could use it to apply shadow in the crease or an all over color. It blends beautifully.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is the perfect brush for applying my Hard Candy Glamoflage Concealer. I use my finger to dot some concealer under my eyes, then stipple it in with this soft, bushy, domed brush. It just takes a few taps for the concealer to look well blended and super smooth. It gives a nice airbrushed finish.

The brush itself is nice and ergonomic because of the thick handle. The bristles are so soft- I'm not worried about it being too rough for my delicate undereye area. (I've been really conscious about being gentle with that area, since I noticed that I lost some elasticity from rubbing my eyes with makeup removing wipes for so many years.) The density and amount of bristles also makes it easy to cover the whole under eye area and "triangle" in just a few taps.

I will definitely get another brush just in case this one gets lost- it's only $8 so it makes sense to stock up! I will also have to try the other reviewer's tip and use it for contouring my cheeks with bronzer!

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products