Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush

4.8

on 4/12/2014 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Probably one of the best in the collection ime. I use it for detailing my MMU/getting into corners, and setting my concealer. Soft and dense. Doesnt shed. Synthetic and dries fast. Just the right size and shape for blending.

on 4/7/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- soft
- doesn't shed
- size
- dries quickly

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: Very soft and works great for setting the under eye area, highlighting, and contouring the nose. My favorite use is for highlighting. Nothing bad to say about this.

Will repurchase.

on 4/6/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This brush...is amazing! One of the best in my kit/collection. I love that its synthetic which means if I choose to use it with cream products, like cheek highlighter, it doesn't absorbed all the product like a natural bristle brush would. It fits perfect under the eye/on the cheekbone. I use this to apply concealer/highlighter and to set my concealer. Flawless application that looks very natural. I sometimes use this to blend out my contour too. I think synthetic brushes are better to blend, the leave a more natural finish. Its $8 on Amazon, so not a huge investment. If you have a extra couple bucks and are looking for a good brush to expand on your collection, I highly recommend this one!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Another great brush by Real Techniques! This is my first true setting brush. I usually set things with a large fluffy powder brush. But, this particular brush is exceptionally unique because it is shaped and sized perfectly to set concealer. To be honest, I never really put the time in setting concealer. I basically just swirled blotting powder with a large brush all over and call it a day. I didn't realize how crucial this brush was until I started using it and how much better my concealer lasted. It is the perfect size to effectively set makeup. I even use this brush to apply a powder highlighter down the center of my nose. Like most RT brushes, this one is made very sturdy, good quality bristles and it washes nicely with no shedding. I can honestly say this brush is a standard piece in my daily makeup routine. I won't go a day without using it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is such a small brush, but I like it for liquid foundation. I know, weird! But I've been using it for foundation for a year and it gives such a flawless finish. It allows me to work with areas precisely and it doesn't leave the skin with streaks of foundation. Love it and will repurchase it!

on 2/27/2014 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have 4 of these brushes I love them so much!! fantastic for setting or contouring, so impressed with Samantha Chapman brushes and more importantly the price is amazing which I why I buy so many of her brushes.

on 2/25/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is one of the best brushes!
I have used this to set banana powder underneath my eyes, with a powder bronzer to contour, and with a powder blush!
I haven't had any issues with shedding fibers and it washes easily with brush cleaner or baby shampoo.
This brush is super soft but not so soft that it doesn't pick up and easily distribute pigment.
I would absolutely purchase this brush again--I have not been able to to find it for sale individually, so that would be nice.

on 2/21/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This brush is awesome!!! I need to purchase a few more I love it so much. I use it to set my under eye concealer mainly, but this brush will do so much more! Apply highlight, contour, blending eye shadows, etc. Very reasonably priced and excellent quality!

on 2/20/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Absolutely love this brush! This is my second RT brush, the first is the powder brush, separate review on that in my profile, but omg this brush is perfect for doing exactly what it's called "setting". I use this to set my under eye concealer. For all over the face I use the powder brush, I'm not a heavy makeup wearer so I don't have much else to set lol, so bottom line is this brush is awesome and has multiple uses, and it's only $8-9 at Ulta. Totally affordable, durable, and totally fabulous! Can't wait to get my hands on more of these brushes, thank you RT for making awesome quality brushes that are affordable!

on 2/20/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

LOVE this. It was one of my first RT brushes & I can't imagine ever using anything else. I love this for applying power under eyes (to set concealer) & down t-zone. Works so well, applies so lightly, it's just wonderful to use.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products