October 30, 2014 | 1308 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Setting Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the perfect brush for applying my Hard Candy Glamoflage Concealer. I use my finger to dot some concealer under my eyes, then stipple it in with this soft, bushy, domed brush. It just takes a few taps for the concealer to look well blended and super smooth. It gives a nice airbrushed finish.

The brush itself is nice and ergonomic because of the thick handle. The bristles are so soft- I'm not worried about it being too rough for my delicate undereye area. (I've been really conscious about being gentle with that area, since I noticed that I lost some elasticity from rubbing my eyes with makeup removing wipes for so many years.) The density and amount of bristles also makes it easy to cover the whole under eye area and "triangle" in just a few taps.

I will definitely get another brush just in case this one gets lost- it's only $8 so it makes sense to stock up! I will also have to try the other reviewer's tip and use it for contouring my cheeks with bronzer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my contour brush. It is the perfect size to get powder contour or bronzer in the hollows of my cheekbones and in the temples. It is just soft enough for even blending but dense enough that I have a lot of control. It works well for powder highlighter, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I can not believe I haven't chimed in on the raves here sooner! This has been a DAILY staple of mine for atleast a year, if not longer. I use it for blending in undereye concealer (surprise surpise) it quickly pushes in & blends smoothly even the thickest concelaer (MAC prolongwear). Beause of the synthetic brushes I feel I can go even longer with a deep wash since it doesn't grab the product insanely. Even after a wk of regular use the bristles feel soft & separate evenly, the only sign of usage is the staining ofcourse but no clumpy, grimy ends. Its the perfect size for this delicate undereye area it goes from my tearduct to mid nose. I honestly didn't even realize its intended use was for highlighting! I thought 'setting brush' meant setting undereye concealer, which I also use the same brush for with my Ben Nye banana powder. This is an amazingg lightweight, matte all day powder but extremely yellow (im quite fair-light NC20) so putting too much on can actually make my undereye appear darker than the rest of my face, taking away from the already much lighter concealers I choose to brighten & highlight this area. Thats never a problem with this brush it just smokes out the powder because its quite dense, I wish someone uploaded a pic of this from the side. Another TRICK I use it for is applying bronzer as a crease color lifting the sweeping motion from the end of mye eye to reach the tip of my brows, it widens my eyes & the tapered pointy end picks up a fine amount of bronzer to make it look natural. Lastly ofcourse its beautiful for highlight too, I couldnt get my Mary Loumanizer to work (because I find it more shimmery than champagney despite the opinons otherwise) & this solved the problem by picking up the tiniest amount. For more natural highlighting (WnW reserve cabana bronzer) I use the entire lenght of the brush to get a wider highlight otherwise the tip for definition. So many applications & its so freakin cheap! Only CONS-this one doesnt stand up on your desk like the other RT brushes & over time the handle dents in. Idk why I dont carry it in my makeup bag but I guess because its a tin material not wooden like more HE brushes. Oh well, no real losses there.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by marifixx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I freakin' love this thing. I use it every day for setting my under eye concealed or for highlighting. Best setting brush out there!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favorite brush out of all the Real Techniques brushes. I own most of the line and find most of the brushes to be very multi-purpose, but the Setting Brush is one that I reach for daily and plan to have many backups of.

It's great for highlighting the cheekbones because it's just small enough to swipe on top of the cheek and not the whole cheek. It's dense enough to pick up product but not too much product, and the fibers are fluffy enough to blend out the color without overblending. It's small enough to apply a bit of highlight on the browbone at the same time -- just turn it on its side and lightly brush on your skin.

The brush itself is not super small. But its size and shape can precisely apply and blend out color for contouring and bronzing.

It's the perfect size for setting powder under the eyes. Done with one swipe under each eye.

The quality of the brush is superb, like all Real Techniques brushes. Super soft bristles, cruelty-free, doesn't splay, washes easily, dries fast, and hasn't shed a single hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Unbelievable setting brush that I use for setting under eye powder and using it for contouring. Quality is amazing and the price is too. Every one of the brushes I have tried from RT is awesome and such great quality. I seriously will never bother with anything else now. I was looking at MAC and Sigma before I found RT.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by aquaryss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This brush is perfect for what I use it for - to contour. This is the absolute best brush to "draw" precise contour lines underneath your cheekbones. I also use it on my nose, which it does a pretty good job of too. Then with a fluffier brush, I blend the lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

Very good brush for highlighter or setting powder under eyes or anywhere where you dont want to use a big brush.
Doesnt shed at all, very soft bristles.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this brush. You can use it for many different products/ways! It's just the perfect size to set your under eye concealer & it's small enough to contour your cheeks and slim your nose! I've use this brush with creams and powders and I find it applies both perfectly!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this with translucent powder to set my under eye concealer. I highly recommend RT brushes. This is soft, tapered, and just dense enough without being too heavy (does that make sense?)

I have washed all my RT brushes a million times and none of them have lost their shape or bristles. Love it!!