Trader Joe's Nourish Oil-Free Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer

4.1

Water, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Ethylhexyl (Octyl) Palmitate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate-60, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Sodium PCA, Ethylhexyglycerin (Preservative), Shea Butter Fruit, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Xanthan Gum (Thickener), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Sorbic Acid (preservative), Soluble Collagen, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Palmitate), Pomegranate Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Coffea Arobica (Coffee) Seed, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Stearate, Phytonadione (Vitamin K1), Menadione (Vitamin K3), Hydrolyzed Silk, DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol), Copper PCA, Retinol (Vitamin A), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin D3), Polysorbate-20, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phospholipids

on 3/24/2013 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Excellent light moisturizer. I need to add something heavier in the dead of winter but this is good most of the year. I have found that it doesn't irritate or break out my skin. But the real reason I love it is that I add a pump or to to my damp HAIR after washing and it seems to add texture and style without making me breakout (a major problem with most hair products for me). It's also good on dry hair to tamp it down a bit when it's frizzy or too big. For reference, I have medium density fine texture hair with a slight natural wave. This might not do much for courser texture hair but it is worth a try. It's so cheap and a bottle lasts quite a while. It also has a very neutral smell, which I prefer. I honestly have to wonder if more expensive products are worth it when something this affordable works so well.

on 2/10/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Pros:
* Oil free
* Super moisturizing
* Anti-aging
* Paraben free
* Absorbs quickly
* Dirt cheap
* Huge bottle compared to other moisturizers
Cons:
* Can only be found at Trader Joe's. The closets TJ is about 30 minutes from me.

on 2/1/2013 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

was looking for a simple, oil free/non fragrance daytime moisturizer for my sensitive combo (major oily t zone, dry cheeks) skin. this fits the bill. its not greasy and absorbs quickly. 1 pump is enough for my entire face and neck. no fragrance is a huge plus-why do companies put that in face products i will never understand. there are too many of us with sensitive skin! super cheap for the amount you get and comes in a pump spout. my skin feels moisturized yet light and matte. good stuff! 5 stars for not breaking me out, good ingredients, cheap and lots of product :)

on 1/31/2013 7:31:00 PM

This product is a great moisturizer when you first buy it- however I have noticed that it gets thicker when the bottle is half (or more) empty. (and I prefer the "new bottle" consistency). That said, I was able to make that discovery because I have used and repurchased more than one bottle - this is a good value.

on 1/27/2013 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This broke me out. It also broke my boyfriend out in cystic pimples. I loved the consistency, but this just did not work for me.

on 1/27/2013 3:49:00 AM

Did a pretty good job making my face soft. Pretty good quality ingredients -- EXCEPT retinol.

Attention: since this product contains retinol, it should only be worn during the night, because retinol breaks down and becomes carcinogenic when exposed to sunlight. No bueno, so I'm reducing a lippie.

**Update: after using this a month or two, I still have peeling dry spots in my T-zone. It did NOTHING for my dry facial skin after the first time I used it.

on 10/15/2012 2:34:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE this facial moisturizer. I'm picky about smells (I find perfumey fake smells make me nauseous at night time), and I hate it when the lotion doesn't sink into my face.

I bought this on a semi-whim on a trip to Trader Joe's. I say semi because I read the ingredients and was incredibly happy to see 1) sodium hyaluronate (helps to retain moisture to skin = how to keep your skin looking youthful), and 2) nothing ending in -paraben. The whim part was I shoved it into my shopping basket when I saw it was $6 (as of October 2012 it's still $6). (I also bought the accompanying cleanser - will review that as well).

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL MY LIFE. I've been very disappointed with high end brands such as Lancome, Shiseido, Kate whatever, high end Asian brands that cost $300 for 2 bottles of goop, etc etc). For a while I just stopped using facial moisturizers all together and decided to accept looking like I was afflicted with some kind of skin disorder.
Not even joking. I have combo skin (super-dry flakey cheeks/chin, semi-oily but also flakey forehead - it's weird), and this is the only facial moisturizer that has smoothed down the dry flakiness, kept my skin moisturized without resulting in slippery oiliness, and free of parabens.
Also, NO WEIRD PERFUME SMELLS. Thank you dear dermatologist who has released this wonderful gift at a wonderful price... I love you...

Edit: December 2, 2012
It is 2 months later, and I still love this facial moisturizer. I've used 40% of the bottle, and I cannot find myself going to another facial moisturizer right now. I use 1 pump in the morning beneath my sunblock, and 2 pumps at night. It's so good, I think on my next trip to Trader Joe's I'll pick up a back-up bottle cause I'd absolutely HATE to go a morning or a night without this moisturizer. That is definitely the first time I've ever said such a thing about a moisturizer. This must be true love. <3

Edit: September 22, 2013
I'm still using it. It's been 1 full year of using this product, and I still adore it.
Let me tell the reasons why -
1. Fragrant free. This is a huge one, because it truly is fragrant free. I've tried other fragrant free moisturizers, but they smell funky/strange/gross. And then the fragranted ones make me feel nauseous and terrible.
2. Not too heavy, not too light. I have combination skin, aka greasy along T, but super dry everywhere else (my mouth area looks like I rubbed chalk around my lips, ugh). This evens out the weird T-grease and the dry-O on my face perfectly without giving me acne.
3. Paraben-free. I already eat enough junk, I don't need to put more junk on my face.
4. Pump bottle = I'm not sticking my fingers into a jar I'll be using for the next few months; no accidental petri dish deal going on.
5. Price. Affordable and doesn't break my wallet.
6. Accessibility. At most Trader Joe's (I don't want to say All because that might be false) I've been to, at the same price.

I've been using this for almost 2 months with the matching cleanser. This is my new HG. I love it.

Pros
-very moisturizing (helped hydrate and eliminate the fine lines I was getting from my retinol drying me out).
-Improved skin tone
-Has pretty much all of the ingredients I've wanted in a moisturizer (aloe,glycerin, vitamin k, collagen, copper,Co Q10, vitamin e and a, green tea etc)
- Not to mention its sooo cheap, I use it all over my neck.

Negatives
- It did give me a couple of small blackheads (not noticeable with makeup on). So I went back to using my retinol in the pm (and this in the AM, instead of using this twice a day. It cleared it up).

on 9/26/2012 2:24:00 AM

Only tried this product a few times, worked ok, moisturized well without being greasy. Discovered though, that this product labeled vegan both on packaging and in store has soluble collagen, hydrolyzed silk and vitamin D3, all of which are not vegan in it. I know I should have read it, but trusted them.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The first time I used this product I was a little worried because I have oily skin. It doesn't do anything to combat oil, but I find it to be really good for my skin. I only use it at night before I go to bed (since I'm not going to be worrying about an oily face when I sleep!). I find that in the morning my skin looks very refreshed, and has that nice plump look. My skin is also acne prone and this moisturizer is gentle enough that it doesn't aggravate my acne at all. The pump on the bottle is nice, especially since you can turn it to lock in case you want to take it with you somewhere. If you read the ingredient label you will find that it contains a lot of really good stuff, including vitamin A (retinol) which is one of the best things for both acne and wrinkles. Like other Trader Joe's products it's affordable and natural.