Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Sensitive Skin

3.6

Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, Peg/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Laureth-7, Arachidyl Behenate, Silica, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this foundation because I'm a former dancer whom was very used to stage makeup. I have Combo/Oily skin and usually only get breakouts on my chin.

This foundation has little to no coverage. I feel as if I am wearing a tinted moisturizer with an overload of pigment and not enough moisturizing elements. I would have been better off with a cream foundation (that I am used to using for the stage) to have a more natural face. It did NOT even out my skin-tone but left my skin feeling dry and flaky. Around my nose and chin looked like I had caked on multiple layers of concealer and other various products when all I had used was this foundation. It also makes blemishes even MORE noticable because it dries out the areas especially with time.

I can't say that I HATE this foundation, but it certainly does not work for me. I have been using it for 3 months simply because I didn't do any research on the product the day I happened to be in the drugstore.

I am so upset and COUNTING the days until I can switch to Revlon ColorStay.

My CG Foundation is in Ivory.

I am a huge fan of this foundation. I always end up coming back to it after my other foundations are gone. It gives me medium coverage and lasts all day. I found that the best way to apply it is with a foundation brush. One thing I noticed was when I put it over pimples, it sorts of flakes off on and around the pimple.

Overall a really good foundation with lots of shades to choose from.

Would buy again.

on 12/14/2012 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pretty decent. Doesn't break me out, and for some reason, CG shades work for me, never going orange or pink on me after an hour or so. The coverage is light, though. I wouldn't use this for heavy scarring or anything, but for my mild acne scars and dark circles, it works very well.

245/Natural Beige: Winter

Personally, and not trying to brag in any way, I have pretty much perfect skin. Although It gets dry around my nose, I very, very rarely get acne. The first day I tried this, I got a zit or two and I was a little surprised. I stopped using it for a while, but then I started back up and it worked fine, and by fine, I mean I didn't get any more acne. For the coverage, I am trying out different types, but I was not super pleased with the coverage of this foundation. I would have wanted just a bit more. The packaging is inconvenient and impossible. Although, I was pleased with the shade (because being the super pale, Irish girl, it is hard for me to find my shade).

on 12/9/2012 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All in all, not the greatest foundation.
I find it to be really thin, almost watery. Wears off really fast, and I found especially around the eyes after a few hours my skin looked dull and kind of drab.
On another note, I absolutely hate glass, pumpless bottles. So inconvient!
Will not buy again.

on 12/8/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a little iffy on this foundation, even though I love how it looks on my skin because it rubs off on everything. Sneeze into your sleeve? Now your sleeve is flesh colored! Hug someone? Now they're your skin color!

...If it rubs off so easily, how can anyone expect it to stay on?

However, I have red, acne prone skin, and I love this. I've tried at least 4 other foundations in a week and all of them went back to the store. This CG foundation gives a light coverage that looks natural. (I'm prone to cake face.) It doesn't cover everything, but why would you want it to? "Flawless" skin looks unnatural and odd to me. This foundation will give you great, natural, but not too great skin.

Despite my raving review, I'm still iffy about buying this because it rubs off on everything. It's embarrassing to blow your nose and leave your face on the tissue.

Cover Girl claims that "Our Sensitive Skin formula is fragrance- and oil-free, helping to minimize irritation and redness for those with delicate skin", and also gives a natural, clean-faced look.

I originally bought this foundation to use in the wintertime, so I have my summer foundation (Revlon Colorstay liquid) to compare it to.

I was really hoping that this formula wouldn't irritate my skin, as well as give my skin a soft, natural look, especially after the full-coverage experience of Revlon Colorstay. This foundation does give a natural look, and doesn't give very much coverage (which I was fine with; I usually don't get many breakouts). I wanted this foundation to even out my skin tone, and possibly moisturize my skin.

However, since the formula is extremely light, the foundation also disappeared as the day wore on. After a day at school (about 7-8 hours), the foundation had competely absorbed into my skin, and made my face look extremely oil and shiny. I'm not even kidding, I'm pretty sure my forehead had a glare. :P The foundation initially did even out my skintone, but then of course it wore off as the day went by, so that didn't amount to much.

And then--! A day after trying this foundation, my forehead was covered with acne! I don't often break out, except around that time of month. I have combination skin with my t-zone slightly oilier than my cheeks, which are pretty dry, so most of the acne is around my t-zone. D:

I was extremely disappointed with the outcome of this foundation. Not only did I probably reflect everyone's faces on my forehead, I also grew acne from using this product. :( This wouldn't affect me so much, except that this foundation was meant for sensitive skin. The price was alright, since I bought this foundation and an eyeshadow from Cover Girl with a $3 off 2 coupon, but I still will never be able to use it again, which is still a waste. I'm sure this foundation would work for those with probably drier skin. It gives a dewy look, so I would probably target it around the cheeks and set with some powder to make sure it doesn't disapparate so quickly or give a greasy look. The look is natural, so if you fit this criteria, don't be afraid to try it out - try to look for a discount before buying, though, just in case! :)

on 11/30/2012 8:40:00 AM

I usually have a hard time with foundations and can never seem to find the right one. After using this for the first time I was quite pleased it is kind of annoying trying to get it out of the bottle because of its thick consistency but its overall coverage is great and it's easy to layer it for even more full coverage. I also found even after hours of wear it still looked as fresh as when I first applied it. I love this foundation :)

on 11/27/2012 10:55:00 PM

My everyday foundation - its very thick in consistency but light-medium coverage. I apply with my fingers, seems to work the best, then set with setting powder (I use Rimmel). Stays all day, not much problems. Because it is so thick its hard to pour out of the bottle, which is annoying, but doesn't affect the quality of the product.

on 11/27/2012 12:59:00 PM

This foundation is basically a drugstore hero. This isn't my everyday foundation, but I use it when I'm running low on my higher-end foundation and it always performs well. I find this foundation works best when applied directly after moisturizer - I put it on while my day lotion is still slick on my face, which helps with a sheer, dewy application (which is what I prefer). I let it sit for a minute or two then set with finishing powder. I like the finish and it's quite long lasting. For the price, you totally can't beat it.