August 21, 2014 | 954 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Jmillie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first eyeliner I bought and I still use it regularly. Its easy to apply, and its can give a simple easy look quickly by itself.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by ennayeslek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first liquid eyeliner i purchased. At first, i was amazed by it. It creates a very clean, dark line. It's not matte, it does have a "wet" look, but it dries fairly quickly. Creating a winged look with this eyeliner was impossible for me, I either accidentally wiped it off/it faded or the flimsy pen would just not cooperate. I really wanted to love this eyeliner but it does not have very long staying power which is a priority. It fades way too quickly, and i am not one to touch up my makeup throughout the day. I recently purchased Stila's waterproof liquid eyeliner which i'm hoping will be much better. I will not be purchasing this eyeliner again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by CODYKERI

I could say it is comparable to Stila's except for a liquid it doesn't have that great of staying power. I am moving on to trying Clinique's cream shaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by rkhan38

I picked this up randomly and I love it, I'm not used to pens since I only use the little brushes but it's growing on me and it's easier to use and quicker also held up throughout the whole day without any smudging (I have oily skin) quite impressed overall

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by jwalk839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product. I loved it the first few times I used it. The applicator was great for making precise, thin lines and its a great black color that is not TOO harsh of a black if that makes sense. However, the staying power of this product is virtually nonexistent. Halfway through the work day I can see the ends fading and migrating around my eye a little bit. Also, after the first few uses, the tip of the pen started drying out halfway through lining my eye! I even tried storing it upside down so the product would make as much contact with the felt tip as possible--NOTHING has solved this problem. I've stopped using this product because it's too much of a hassle. I have to shake it and do whatever I can just to get enough product out to line my eye...NOT worth it especially when considering how terrible the staying power is. I usually love Maybelline products, but this one left a lot to be desired :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by 505egideon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS:

Easy to apply
Pigmentation is very dark
glides on effortlessly

CONS:

This stuff bleeds and smudges, not even my Urban Decay Primer Potion can keep it intact. It looked like I had a black eye at the end of the day. I know it doesn't claim to be waterproof or smudge proof, but it has no staying power what so ever, so I cannot repurchase. I rather pay double and have my Estee Lauder liquid liner, it doesn't move!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought one of these for my gym bag -- it's ok. But not anything to write home about.

it stings my eyes and I am totally not allergic to anything. Made my eyes watery and stinging.

will not buy again and gave this a trash out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by kacie822

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really easy to use and get a precise line. But it fades so fast even my friend noticed within 4 hours

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by vivienvanessa

It is a good/ allright liquid eyeliner. I can see why people do like it as the tip is very precise and great at creating the ideal cat eye.

However, comparing it to Japanese/Asian eyeliners or the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner which tends to have a much better application, darker in colour, better pigmentation and does not smudge at all unlike the Maybelline one.

This eyeliner is not very long lasting and has a tendecy to smudge. After a number of applications you have to press down harder on the tip to refresh it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

This is one of my staples and has been in my to go makeup kit for a LONG Time. For me this is very easy to use because it's a thin pen and I have small hands. Sadly I find all this felt tip pens dry out rather quickly but this one seems to hold it's own for a decent amount of time. I store mine in a pencil cup tip down to keep end of liner saturated with product. The only eyeliner pen that I don't do that with is Milani and they tell you right on the package to store it on it's side.

The payoff for me is black and I like to use this to draw in my cat eyeline and then fill it in with gel. I also like the control you get with this. And the fact it's so thin and small if I have to go back in to touch up my line after applying falseys this does it without screwing up the rest of my makeup. I don't get the running as others have. Once it sets it's on. I have to work a bi to et this one off and end up using coconut oil to get he job done.

I will agree for a drugstore item the $$ you pay for this one is a little steep. But i use this product just about everyday so I can justify the price beause I ue it up.