Lancome Artliner (All colors)

4.3

on 12/22/2013 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Why is it that I find a product that helps me achieve the look I want but it's also very expensive? Lancome's Artliner in Black is all of this.
I got this eyeliner along with a full size Hypnose mascara in a Black Friday special and this reduces the time it takes for me line my eyes, not to mention I use just this one product instead of two. (I was using Physician Formula's liquid liner with L'oreal infallible pencil liner to achieve that cat eye look)
It helps to shake the tube first before opening as I find if I don't, the felt tip doesn't have enough ink. The colour is a nice, rich black and it glides on so smoothly without any tugging. Best of all, the tip gives me that winged eye look in no time at all. (it does take practice but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze)
The liner stays on all day without smudging and it removes easily.
Would I re-purchase? Yes, but I would still want to find a less expensive alternative.

on 12/18/2013 3:23:00 AM

The best liquid liner I've ever used, for several reasons:

1(most important): stays all day, does not smudge, even when my eyes get watery (which happens a lot due to allergies in the summer, and harsh winter weather, between the two my eyes never catch a break). Most liners end up a smudgy mess, or the wing fades, but this ones really lasts and it doesn't even claim to be waterproof.
2: gorgeous, rich color in one application. doesn't go on sheer in some places or require multiple coats like some liquid liners do.
3: easy, precise application. it might take some practice to get a very thin line with this but it does create crisp, even lines, and it's very easy to do so with this.
4: easy to remove, despite it being long-wearing, it is very easy to remove with a cleanser. no tugging required and it won't ball up in your lash line like some do.

I'm probably even missing a few things but the point is that this is a spectacular liquid liner. I have it in black but I will have to try other colors! No it's not cheap but it lasts forever and is completely worth it.

on 12/16/2013 1:53:00 PM

I just returned this eyeliner. Not so crazy about it. The tip is not very precise, so it's tough to make a sharp winged effect. Although the consistency is nice, I felt as though the product ran off the applicator quickly, and I had to keep dipping it in over and over to finish my cat eye. I prefer Stila "Stay All Day" waterproof liquid liner over this 100%. I'll never sway from it again.

on 12/4/2013 11:06:00 AM

Awesome!

I've been using this eyeliner for several years now!
The tip of the brush is like a sponge, and very easy to use! Definitely recommend this for people who just started to line their eyes. I know how tricky it can be.
I know it's a little pricey, but it's really worth it!
When I put it on in the morning, it still looks good in the evening. Also, the black is very intense, which I like a lot.
I love it and I have nothing bad to say about it.
Totally recommend this!

on 12/2/2013 5:40:00 AM

This liner is one of my HGs because it does not budge. I have oily lids, and I've yet to find an eyeliner that can survive my 10 hour workdays without smudging, flaking, or giving me raccoon eyes, however faint. I do have to admit, however, that I always prime my lids with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, so I can't attest to this liner's staying power without the primer. (Every other liner that I've used, however, has also been used in conjunction with the same primer, so they're all getting equal treatment.)

I've tried waterproof and so-called "budgeproof" pencils galore, and pencils are some of the worst smudging offenders. I've used Bobbi Brown's gel liner, Stila's gel liner and their liquid liner, and Laura Mercier's cake liners, and they all leave me with varying degrees of flakes and smudges under my eyes by the end of the day, some faint, some not so faint (that would be Laura Mercier's). I used to even seal these liners with Benefit's She-Laq to lock them in place, which sucked because it just made my eye line shiny and plasticky looking. To date, Lancome's Artliner is the only one that stays without special treatment.

As far as ease of application goes, it's fairly straightforward and one of the easier liquid liners to apply (the easiest being Stila's liquid liner -- a Godsend if you like winging your liner). I favor the brown for every day, as it's dark enough to define but not super stark like the black, so it's a bit more forgiving.

Despite the fact that I'm not a Lancome fan, it's one of the items that I just can't live without in my makeup kit. My eyelids have a way of melting off almost all makeup, and my workaround involves three products: lid primer, tubing mascara, and this liner from Lancome. I just can't live without it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use the black shade. Definitely shake before use, or the color comes out more gray-ish. Great for liquid eyeliner beginners like me. You can definitely achieve a thin line or a thicker line, depending on pressure. Comes off easily with makeup remover. Doesn't dry out.

Pretty expensive though.

on 9/17/2013 10:57:00 AM

LOVE IT. Pigmented, easy to apply, last forever. Definitely repurchasing.

on 8/7/2013 6:30:00 AM

I didn't rate this product at all. I'm always in the market for an eyeliner that will be easy to apply and stay all day. It stayed all day, ill give it that. But it was nowhere near as easy to apply as I thought it would be and I feel like the applicator dries out so quick that I'm unable to get a straight fluid line on the first go. Overall I would not repurchase this but I know alot of people rave about it so maybe it's just not for me!

on 7/17/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I'm not usually a fan of Lancome (their mascaras are especially horrible IMO) but after reading many amazing reviews of this product on Sephora.com, I was really pumped to try it out. I went to a Lancome desk and the sales lady opened a new bottle of the Artliner in black for me. I tried the product and was not impressed. I have tried drugstore eyeliners that were better than this.
The application is very easy, I liked how the brush felt in my hand, however the product is a bit watery and not so pigmented. I had to go over the same line a few time to get it to a decent black shade. This could because I have oily lids, so I say beware to those of you with the same problem.
The shape of the brush does not allow for precision when doing different thicknesses and shapes of lines and it was really easy to smudge.
Overall the product is just average in my opinion and for the hefty price of $37 dollars Canadian this product is definitely NOT worth it.

on 6/24/2013 3:19:00 PM

I do agree that this is a great eyeliner. You can control the "pen" really good and get a straight nice line which frame your eyes. I really like this eyeliner but with my problem that I have, I found a waterproof eyeliner which is even better than thiis! Both price and staying power.

But with my porblem, I get very watery eyes when the wind hits them, this is an eyeliner which get smudged out because of my tears. To be more specific, it tends to disappear after a few teardrops. So people who are considering to wear this during a wedding or whatever, i would recommend using an waterproof eyeliner.