September 2, 2014 | 1905 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by kcielo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went on vacation and of all things forgot my makeup bag! So I went to the mall and saw that Lancome had a GWP promotion. I usually wear eyeliner daily in black or brown depending on my mood. Since MAC discontinued Liquidlast liner in Coco Bar, I've been trying to find a brown liquid liner replacement. I was going to get Lancome's pencil liner, but I remembered reading good reviews on MUA, so I dediced to get their brown Artliner as one of my products.

It is definitely easy to use and the color is nice. BUT for the price, it does not have the staying power I need. I'm Filipino with oily lids and I like to wing out my eyeliner. By the end of my work day (in the office), my wing is faded if not gone. By the end of my workout after work, my eyeliner is completely gone. Liquidlast doesn't come off until I wash it off, so this will be a first and last time purchase for me.

The hunt continues...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I stopped buying the Artliner a few years ago, only because there are so many other good liners out there, cheaper and that perform well. Then I got tired of liquid liners that dried up too fast, didn't give a black enough color, or a continuous one, so I decided to go back to the Artliner. Best decision ever!
What sets this apart from the others is the ease with which it glides on the lash line. No pulling, no tugging, just a black continuous line (I have the Black one). Making a wing is so easy, and mistakes are easy to fix.
This is my HG and will keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by haruhii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For those looking for a good everyday black liquid liner - this is it! The felt tip is rather bendy compared to other eyeliner pens so it may take some getting used to but it does allow for precise control. The black is a little glossy once applied which I like but may not please everyone. I have very oily eyelids and find that while this isn't waterproof, it is very smudge-resistant. The only time I've had it smudge is when i tried to fill in the gaps between my lashes but even then it wasn't a lot. The product doesn't flake or fade even after 10-12 hours of wear as long as I'm not touching my eyes. While the product is expensive, it does seem to last several months even with daily use. I'm on my 3rd one of these and I have always had it just run out vs. drying out compared to other eyeliners. During the holidays, there are often Lancome gift sets where this is bundled with mascara or other products so that may be a good time to try this out. The only thing that would make this better is if it came in a waterproof formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by mmerachel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's expensive, but it last a longtime. I wear it aprox. 3 times per week and it lasted 9 months. I've been using this product for over 5 years. At first, I had a hard time and I looked like a member of "kiss". But, with practive i for the hang of it. I tried the loreal version as I'd heard that it was the same product. Not true! LancĂ´me one is way better. Buy it... It'll become a part of your daily routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by AnnaTonio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Super expensive. But it works! It is liquid enough to glide smoothly, but not runny, perfect black rich color. Once it dries - stays on unless the eyelid is rubbed. It delivers every time, and thanks god, doesn't dry fast! so even it is expensive, it is relieble and lasts long time, so I will keep buying it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My sister in law who fancies herself the makeup authority of the universe got me into these and I must say they are an abosolute pleasure to use. The applicator and the consistency is just so perfect- not too wet, not too dry. Even with sleepy morning eyes - it comes out wonderful. I adore it in cinnamon ( copper glitter bits that do not migrate) and aubergine (plum). A warning about the brown color-----that one I returned! It just applied unevenly on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I really wanted to love this liner but mine just wasn't giving me the color payoff I was looking for I also had difficulty with the wand moving too much when I applied this. It fades throughout the day and you can't build up the color because it starts to peel off I'm so disappointed in this product. The only good thing is that this doesn't irritate my eyes at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by xshado

I cannot express how much I LOVE this eyeliner!
I would rate it 10 stars if i could.
It was my first liquid eyeliner and ever since then i just love it.
I ran out of my noir color and so i repurchased it.
For christmas i got the navy color and it looks so awesome! It is a dark navy blue color but you can tell it's blue.
I went back for another color which was aubergine, this is my favorite from all 3 colors i have.
Its a dark purple/plum color, it looks amazing!!!
I recommend for everyone to buy these artliners, theyre amazing.
I do not have one bad thing to say
It stays on the whole day, it doesnt smudge nor crease
It dries out really quick.
The liner has a thick to fine point shape, which you can build up thicker if you like or make a thin line.
It also makes a really good cateye/wing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by INEM

Bought this eyeliner because all the rave reviews i read from this forum, other beauty blog and my best friend is also sworn by this. The consistency and lasting power are excellent. Applicatior is easy to use as long as your hand is steady. I use the black one and love how the black is very deep and has a slight shimmer in it. Price is not cheap but i dont think i found other eyeliner as good as this one.
Update: I've been using this product for a while and whenever i find it to be a bit streaky, i just gently shake the bottle before I use it. The liner would come out good again as ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I have owned 2 of these eyeliners now and I honestly love it to pieces. I find it really hard finding liquid liner that stays on my lids all day and one that is really, truly black. This liner is $37 before taxes which I was hesitant to cough up before sampling all the other liquid liners at Sephora and not being able to find one that was nearly opaque enough for my liking. This liner is super rich and applies evenly. The tip isn't incredibly thin like that of a pen liner but it will still give you a really thin opaque line. It is felt tip so you don't have to worry about the hairs splaying which is fabulous. This liner lasts absolutely all day which is the main reason I love it so much. I've heard a lot of people say that a cheaper dupe for it is the L'Oreal Lineur Intense Liner. It is not, the brush is a lot more flimsy and unprecise and it does not last at all so do not waste your money on it. If it was a dupe I would have purchased it as opposed to Artliner but no liner beats this one. I would recommend!