July 26, 2014 | 984 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Panther

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

The colors and pigmentation dispersed pretty poorly but it was only 2 bucks so there is nothing really to lose. Will not buy this eye shadow again but I am not closed minded so maybe give it a try if you are going for something inexpensive next time you are shopping.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

this is great black for a smokey eye (light or intense)
these are very pigmented so be careful
when you look at the pan you will see some sparkle but it does not show up on the eye so for me its a good "matte" color
all the singles are great for travel
will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Wet n Wild shadows are by far my favorite brand of eyeshadows--more than MAC or Urban Decay. This goes on extremely pigmented and soft and I would't be lying if I told you that a quick tap is all you need for a bold outer v contour. I use this everyday together with Nutty and Brulee to line my lower lash line. The product is small enough to throw in your makeup bag but it contains enough product to really stretch the $1 pricetag. Definitely the most pigmented black eyeshadow out there, more intense than Mac Carbon or Urban Decay Blackout. A staple if you love your smokey eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the *perfect* matte black eye shadow! This has so many uses, all for $1-2 USD!
Panther is straight matte black, so can easily be used overtop of eye liner to make your e/l more matte or to give more depth, or just alone as an eyeliner in a pinch.
It can ofcourse be worn as a lid shade for a bold look, or can also be worn on just the outer third or outer "V" for a smokey eye. -The possibilities for a pigmented matte black eyeshadow like this are endless. I've also used this as a base for other smokey eye looks. For example, one that I do quite often is Panther all over the lid, then dust MAC Blue Black pigment (or the discontinued MAC Sunpepper pigment) all over -2 great night time eye looks!
IIRC, Pville has this eyeshadow listed as one of the "Best Values" & it definitely is.
WnW shadows *do* require a little TLC though, try not to drop the tiny compact or rough it around too much as these are very soft & lightweight, therefore breaking easily (luckily I've only had a breaking issue with a WnW Blush a while back and one WnW eyeshadow that I broke during a depotting session lol) -They do crumble quite easily though..
As far as the packaging, I kind of like the tiny compact packaging! I think that it's cute, and it makes it easy for travel and they're also easy to depot with heat. Generally speaking I usually dislike products with bulky packaging, so in my eyes, this is great :)
I think anyone that likes to do different eye shadow looks from day to day or with different outfits and/or seasons definitely needs Panther in their cosmetic stash -I highly recommend it to everyone, and I definitely plan to repurchase it myself :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MakalaRose1

I bought this the other week and swatched it a few times, and was really impressed by the color and pigmentation for only being $2. I never had a chance to wear it because the eye shadow completely fell apart due to poor packaging. Very disappointing, but I may repurchase in the future and will hopefully have better luck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of Wet 'n' Wild's best eyeshadows, which is saying a lot with their great offerings. Pigmented matte black that is great for smokey eye looks and setting eyeliner. Try it; for around two dollars you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by IcyNocturne

This is THE most pigmented (black) eyeshadow I've come acorss --- and I got it for 3 dollars! Not expecting much, I just pressed very very lightly on top of the eyeshadow, and my finger was all black! The pigmentation is amazing and the staying power is great, and I barely paid anything for it! Love love love.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by InTone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The darkest black eyeshadow I've ever had. Carbon by MAC doesn't compare. This is 1.7 grams of product for around 2 $. MAC has 1.5 grams I believe for around 14.50$. BUY PANTHER BY WET N WILD! You won't regret it! I love doing winged eye liner with this, it's fool proof.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by OolilredoO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this at Rite-Aid for $1.25. This may just possibly be the best $1.25 I've spent on makeup, and I have a pretty big stash.

The black eyeshadows that I owned or still own are MAC Black Tied, Caron, Beauty Marked, Urban Decay Blackout from the Naked 2 palette, and Shu Uemura single eyeshadow in ME Black 990. This Wet n Wild one is a new addition. I must say that it's unquestionably the best out of the ones I own.

The pigmentation is fantastic, it's extremely blendable and buildable, and lasts all day with a primer. I've also tried to use it without a primer, and it only creased a tiny bit. I have oily lids and all eyeshadows without a primer creases like crazy. So I was pretty amazed by the fact that this one only creased a little. Also, the fall-outs during application is minimal. You won't get annoying black bits on your cheeks after doing a smokey eye with this. My favourite thing about this eyeshadow is that even with a very light layer, the color is a sheer BLACK. It doesn't show a blue undertone like almost all of my other eyeshadows when applied lightly. If you just keep on building the color, you'll get a very nice smokey look. No mess or fuss.

I'm absolutely in love with this eyeshadow. I have nothing more to ask in terms of quality. My only complaint is the packaging. It comes in a plastic little case with a clear plastic lid. Sometimes it can be hard to open and I'm kind of afraid of breaking off the lid if I use too much force.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by saharanights

This is an awesome eyeshadow. I use it to line my eyes and to smoke out the outer corners. Very pigmented and only minimal fall out if any.