September 18, 2014 | 1023 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Panther

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by damuko

Greatest black shadow ever. Super black (blacker than MAC Carbon, at least), matte, less than 3 dollars, around where I live. I use this to line my eyes everyday, and it works great. HG status, hope they never, ever discontinue this. The package is a little difficult to open at first, but it loosens a little bit after a few uses

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by dawlf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Being the frugal teenager that I am, the fact that I found a very pigmented matte black eye shadow is amazing. It was bogo 50% off at Meijer, so of course I told myself "You know what, just try it." and I was very impressed. When I swatch it on my hand it comes out matte black, not some washed out greyish version of black- but matte black.

I have yet to use it on my eyes, but I really like the swatches I took. I'm very glad I picked this up. I'd suggest this over the high end matte blacks because it seems to do the same thing, and it's way cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by shley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The pigmentation on this is fantastic. I swatched this and was impressed. By far the best black I have in my collection! It does show a bit of sparkle in the pan but it does not transfer onto the eyes, it is a matte black which is perfect for smokey eyes! All you need to do is barely tap your brush into this product and you have enough product to do each eye. I usually tap off the excess as well so I do not apply to much of this product. Honestly, you can't go wrong with this product. And for $2?! I would pay way more for this quality. I'm so thankful we have amazing brands out in drugstores like wet n wild who offer amazing products for a low price. I will repurchase, if I ever need to!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

The colors and pigmentation dispersed pretty poorly but it was only 2 bucks so there is nothing really to lose. Will not buy this eye shadow again but I am not closed minded so maybe give it a try if you are going for something inexpensive next time you are shopping.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

this is great black for a smokey eye (light or intense)
these are very pigmented so be careful
when you look at the pan you will see some sparkle but it does not show up on the eye so for me its a good "matte" color
all the singles are great for travel
will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Wet n Wild shadows are by far my favorite brand of eyeshadows--more than MAC or Urban Decay. This goes on extremely pigmented and soft and I would't be lying if I told you that a quick tap is all you need for a bold outer v contour. I use this everyday together with Nutty and Brulee to line my lower lash line. The product is small enough to throw in your makeup bag but it contains enough product to really stretch the $1 pricetag. Definitely the most pigmented black eyeshadow out there, more intense than Mac Carbon or Urban Decay Blackout. A staple if you love your smokey eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the *perfect* matte black eye shadow! This has so many uses, all for $1-2 USD!
Panther is straight matte black, so can easily be used overtop of eye liner to make your e/l more matte or to give more depth, or just alone as an eyeliner in a pinch.
It can ofcourse be worn as a lid shade for a bold look, or can also be worn on just the outer third or outer "V" for a smokey eye. -The possibilities for a pigmented matte black eyeshadow like this are endless. I've also used this as a base for other smokey eye looks. For example, one that I do quite often is Panther all over the lid, then dust MAC Blue Black pigment (or the discontinued MAC Sunpepper pigment) all over -2 great night time eye looks!
IIRC, Pville has this eyeshadow listed as one of the "Best Values" & it definitely is.
WnW shadows *do* require a little TLC though, try not to drop the tiny compact or rough it around too much as these are very soft & lightweight, therefore breaking easily (luckily I've only had a breaking issue with a WnW Blush a while back and one WnW eyeshadow that I broke during a depotting session lol) -They do crumble quite easily though..
As far as the packaging, I kind of like the tiny compact packaging! I think that it's cute, and it makes it easy for travel and they're also easy to depot with heat. Generally speaking I usually dislike products with bulky packaging, so in my eyes, this is great :)
I think anyone that likes to do different eye shadow looks from day to day or with different outfits and/or seasons definitely needs Panther in their cosmetic stash -I highly recommend it to everyone, and I definitely plan to repurchase it myself :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MakalaRose1

I bought this the other week and swatched it a few times, and was really impressed by the color and pigmentation for only being $2. I never had a chance to wear it because the eye shadow completely fell apart due to poor packaging. Very disappointing, but I may repurchase in the future and will hopefully have better luck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of Wet 'n' Wild's best eyeshadows, which is saying a lot with their great offerings. Pigmented matte black that is great for smokey eye looks and setting eyeliner. Try it; for around two dollars you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by IcyNocturne

This is THE most pigmented (black) eyeshadow I've come acorss --- and I got it for 3 dollars! Not expecting much, I just pressed very very lightly on top of the eyeshadow, and my finger was all black! The pigmentation is amazing and the staying power is great, and I barely paid anything for it! Love love love.