April 19, 2014 | 1048 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Kampretos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

DEFINITELY A MUST HAVE! in love with this product. it's expensive but it's so great. love the texture and it lasts a WHOLE DAY!! it's better than mac pro long wear (my opinion) xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Those lipsticks are amazing. I absolutely love them. I use shade 11 and it is definately one of my favourite lip products.
It is so special, unique. The color is gorgeous and it stays on lips for so many hours. I apply two coats of this and it stays sooo long. I feel safe to know that the only way to take this off is by using a make-up remover. It is really smooth and hydrating for my lips. They don't get dry. They look just perfect! I also believe that this lipstick makes your style look more sophisticated.
I also love its packaging. It is elegant and luxurious and its brush makes the use of it really easy.
No other product provides familiar results.
Will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love these! I have about 12 of them and will continue to purchase new colors. I love how these can be layered over each other, or layered on their own for depth of color. They can also be sheered out for just a wash of color. I am also lazy about reapplying, so they work perfectly for me. The gloss look remains on my lips almost all day and they don't feel sticky. I also like that I do not have to use a liner and they stay put inside my lips--no feathering. The colors range from a light beige to darker berries and reds, so there is something for everyone. Some people find these drying on their lips if they wear them for several days in a row--I do not find them drying, but I do use a lip moisturizer every night. If you want a long wear lip color without that dry look, give these a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Isolar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying a friend's glossy stain I immediately ran out to get my own. I now have this in two shades - #9 for evenings and #5 for daytime. I've only been using these for about a week now, but I have already thrown out all my other lipsticks because I see zero point in using them when I could be using these.

Yes they're expensive, but not prohibitively so. And I wish they had more shades to choose from. But absolutely nothing compares to these - they last all day, even through meals. If you don't like the rose scent there's not much you can do since the smell does stick around, fortunately I don't have a problem with it. The product is watery going on but easy to apply, after a minute or two it 'dries' on the lips without feeling drying or cakey, I completely forget I have anything on and my lips stay hydrated. The staying power is a miracle, and despite the lack of a million shades I was able to find two that work really well on me. An absolute Holy Grail product, I couldn't be happier.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by kbulmer

I got this product in #20 Rouge Enamel. I really never spend this much on a lip product because I sort of like to stick to drugstore brands for lip stick... But I wanted a really good bold red lip stick and I saw a review on YouTube for this and thought I would splurge.

Took me a couple tries to warm up to it but I love it now! It's a very bold red. This colour is NOT SHEER! But that's what I was looking for. First coat stays pretty matte, but after the next two coats its has a nice glossy sheen that lasts until I wipe it off. Yes, it does wipe off, like a cross between a lip gloss and a lip stick. But everyday wear will not remove it until you wipe it off. Does not run, feather OR stain. Would buy again. Maybe in a lighter colour for everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by dawnlois

Here I come again, to throw a wet blanket over just about everybody's party... I AM sorry. But I can;t really find anything good to say about this! And I feel like a complete sucker, to boot! I initially thought "ooh, sheer, glossy and long lasting!!" when I first heard of this. The top three things we would love in a lip gloss, am I right? Well - this is none of those things, The shine is dull, they are extremely opaque, and I have had the extremely odd experience of having both colors I own (#15 Rose Vinyl and & #7 Coral Aquatique) go SUPER dark on me, even though they're just about the lightest colors in the lineup. I can't even imagine what the really deep colors would look like. As in, when I wore number 7 I almost fell over when I glanced at myself in the rear view mirror before getting out of the car - my lips were literally pumpkin colored!! I don't have to tell you all how this looked in the sunlight. That's when I found out how long lasting this is - it basically wiped right off. Well - after getting stuck in the corners of my mouth, and getting some on my tongue, which BTW tasted horrible, like old lady rose sachet or something. The packaging is very nice, substantial and not cheap looking. So freaking what?!? The stuff inside would be awful at any price, but this product adds insult to injury by being ridiculously over priced. Not impressed at all. And incidentally, both my mom and my daughter tried them also - with the same reactions. Oh well, live and learn, right?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by SeeTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the color brun glace (color 2) because I was looking for a good fall lip color, a deep deep red. After using it on and off for about a couple months I am happy to say that I like this product a lot. It wasn't quite what I expected though, it is less opaque than I thought but you can build it up quite a bit so that it's totally opaue (4 coats) so that might be a good thing especially in such a dark color since it gives me the option to also use it as more of a stain if I use fewer coats. It does wear off faster than I hoped but the good news is that it wears off evenly so that you are left with a even stain when all the gloss has worn off unlike dupes for this product (i.e. loreal shine caresse lip gloss - which wears off very uneven and patchy). Good product, and cannot find a dupe I'm happy with so I would have to repurchase the original which also has much better colors than the dupes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by gwootton

Rouge Laque number 9 is my absolute favourite lip product. Literally every time I wear it I get compliments.
I love the applicator, it's huge but because of the pointy tip you can still be precise. The bottle is pretty and the clear window on the side means not only can you see which colour it is (for those lucky enough to own multiple shades!) but you can also see how much is left in the bottle.
Really glossy and beautiful finish, long lasting and not drying in the slightest. Most reviews say that one coat is sheer - with Rouge Laque that is not the case! One coat still packs a punch but that is how I like it.
Expensive but absolutely worth every penny and I will repurchase the moment this one runs out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having heard and read so many glowing reviews about this product, I was eager to treat myself to one. (I say “treat” because while I’m a product junkie, I’m not prone to spend SO much money on ONE lip product.)
I swatched several shades in Sephora, looking for the one that would give me that perfect pale, but not too pale, lip. After much deliberation, I settled on shade Beige Aquarelle (No. 19). BIG disappointment – it looked as if I had nothing on my lips, and for $32 I wanted some sort of color payoff. I went back and exchanged it for Rose Pastelle (No. 18), thinking this would be it. {sigh} Nope. Unlike the previous shade, this one was obvious – but not in a good way. It left a goopy, gross line of glossy-goo where my lips met. Figuring I had simply applied too much, I tried again. And again. And – again. Sometimes I get my lips to look ‘okay’ and un-gunky with this product, but more often than not, it’s a total pain in the a** to apply and for $32, I expect perfection. Every. Single. Time. The ONLY redeeming quality about this product is that it does leave my lips feeling moist. But then again, so does just about every lip balm I have in my stash, and for far less moo-lah.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a few of these stains and I must say, they last like nobody's business. The colors are gorgeous and boy, do they stay put. The thing that puts me off of them is the smell. I don't usually mind products that have a strong scent. But, this makes me feel slightly sick to my stomach the first five minutes of wear. It's almost as though I have doused my lips in rose-scented perfume. I'm going to finish the ones that I have because I really do like the look they provide. But, I wouldn't buy them again because I dislike feeling sick until they dry down. So sad!