August 1, 2014 | 1960 users online

Conditioner - TRESemme - Split Remedy Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by daniellejmckenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

All of the Tresemme conditioners work okay. Before I became knowledgeable about hair care products I did not know that Tresemme shampoos contain chemicals that aren't the best for the scalp.
For example:
Anything that has DIMETHICONE or other chemicals ending in "cone" are mainly silicones that produce scalp build up , they use this to give the conditioner a staying power in your hair but at the same time it can cause unhealthy build up.
Look for silicone free shampoos and conditioners which are harder to find.
Also look for paraben and SULFATE FREE conditioners as well. Hair needs food too but just the right type =).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Roblynn3

This conditioner is amazing!!! I have very fine, damaged hair. I found when I used the Split Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner, it was a bit too much for my fine hair, but I switched to Tresemme Healthy Volume Shampoo and use the Split Remedy Condtioner with it and its awesome!!!! By far the best combo I have ever used on my hair! My hair is so healthy now and actually GROWING again!!!! I love Tresemme products :) Almost all of their shampoos and conditioners contain Biotin and Niacin, both proven to improve hair health and growth!!!! I also use their Nourishing Rituals Protein Renewal Creme once a week and I have nearly zero breakage now!!!!! Love love love this stuff!!!!! Highly recommend Tresemme!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by decoded

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried the whole Nexxus and Tresemme split end line around the same time, and neither worked. I have some very bad split ends and roughness at the tips of my hair. I was hoping to avoid having to get a cut because I am trying to grow my hair out. But really from what I have read online and beauty shows I have seen none of these split end shampoos, conditioners, or treatments work to mend split ends. From what I have gathered all these do is bind the split ends together temporarily, but it will never heal the split ends. Sadly only trims help with split ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

Got this along with the shampoo and the serum at shoppers, best decision I ever made. Soft, silky, beautiful hair. Loving it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by foofyfoof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this with the shampoo and love it. I've used it with other shampoos as well and it works great. I dyed my hair ombré and I'm always curling it so I'm ways dealing with split ends. I saw this product at target months ago and I've been using it since. Doesn't make my hair oily and keeps my color from fading as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by graceekins

I am a longtime fan of Tresemme products so when I heard about the Split End Remedy, I jumped at the chance to fix my ends.
Well. Huge disappointment.
The first week or so, it worked great. My hair felt smooth and strong like normal, plus the shampoo and conditioner smelled wonderful.
However, after a few weeks, my hair became brittle and dry and permanently tangled. It was very frustrating to have to forcefully drag my brush through my once easy to manage hair. Never in my life has my hair been so easily tangled! It was awful.

NEVER BUYING THIS PRODUCT AGAIN.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised by the low ratings this conditioner has received! I have very fine hair that is very dry at the ends with really bad split ends and breakage. Basically, you could say my hair looked terrible. I didn't think that any product would be able to help because I've tried lots of conditioners and masks. The problem was that they would end up making my hair feel weighed down and greasy after a few uses.

Well, I am REALLY impressed with this. After the first use, my hair looked so nice, like soft and bouncy. I'm not kidding. I was shocked because I had no idea my hair could look that good. I thought it was irreparable. I've been using this for a few weeks now and it doesn't weigh my hair down or have buildup. My hair is just soft and light feeling. I also tried it with the split end remedy leave in conditioner but I don't think that product made as much of a difference as this conditioner. The bottle is huge and under $5, I definitely think it is worth it. I dont know how to describe the smell except that it smells like your standard unscented conditioner. I doubt that it is doing anything to actually get rid of the split ends but I don't expect a product to be able to get rid of them, just make them less obvious by smoothing down the hair. Also, I think it is improving the conditon of my hair, because a couple times I have forgotten to put conditioner in my hair and my hair still feels much better compared to before I ever used this product.

I am very very happy with this, this is honestly the best hair product I have ever used. Maybe it's just my hair type responds really well to this compared to the other reviewers. But I'm so glad I got this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For years, companies developing and marketing hair care products have promised their products will repair split ends. They didn't.

Finally, technology has caught up with the promises.

The ability to repair split ends is found in two ingredients in the Tresemme Split Remedy Conditioner formula: PVM/MA copolymer and Polyquaternium-28. Together they form a polyelectrolyte complex (or "PEC").

The PEC molecules are able to enter the split ends of individual hairs (as opposed to just coating the outside surface of a hair, as other conditioners do). The molecules create "bridges" between the damaged portions of the hair shaft and when the hair dries, those molecules contract and bring the damaged sections together and seal them closed.

For an excellent scientific explanation, go to:

There is also a video showing the PEC's in action on a split end, under the microscope.

What's important to getting a good result with products containing PEC's is following the directions. The Tresemme product directs the user to pour the product into the palms of the hands, and to rub the palms together to activate the PEC's before applying the product to the hair. Once applied, the product should remain on the hair 3-5 minutes, then rinsed thoroughly. The label states maximum results will be seen after three uses.

My hair is medium length, fine, and I have a LOT of hair. I color my hair and use a flatiron. Because my hair is dry, I wash it about every 5-6 days.

I think because I was my hair infrequently (compared to the average woman), I didn't see maximum results until the fourth use. Prior to using this product, I'd have to touch up the bottom 4" or so of my hair with the flatiron every morning between washes, because the ends got frizzy overnight. Since the fourth use of Tresemme Split Remedy Repair Conditioner, I only have to use the flatiron once or twice between washing. That's a definite improvement!

My hair looks - and feels - much softer and silkier now, and stays straighter for several more days without requiring touch-ups with my flatiron.

Edit: Some additional information!

I noticed when I use the conditioner and then dry my hair using my blow-dryer (not to style my hair, just to get it dry), and then use my flatiron, my hair is much softer, silkier, and the straightening lasts for many more days then if I use the conditioner, let my hair air-dry, and then flatiron it.

Because it doesn't state on the bottle PEC's are heat -activated, I asked on thebeautybrains.com blog if they are. (Sometimes it can be hard to figure out when you're using a new product if something you're doing is causing different results each time you use it, or if you're just imagining things.....)

According to the scientists at thebeautybrains.com, PEC's *are* heat activated. So, if you've used this conditioner and have been letting your hair air-dry and are not impressed with the results, try drying your hair with a blow-dryer instead, and see if you get the soft, silky, not-frizzy results you're hoping for.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Smells pretty good. Great on my very dry and very fine hair. Great balance between conditioning and not weighing my weak curls down. Price is definitely right.

CONS: This has a lot of cones but doesn't weigh my hair down, just smooths out my ends. (But I use a "hard-water" shampoo weekly anyway, which sort of clarifies and removes any residue that might be there.) And this is not a deep conditioner; I use a deep conditioner once a week to actually treat my split ends. This is just a temporary mender that makes them look better.

ALTERNATES: I also like John Freida's Full Repair Conditioner, but this, in my opinion, smells better and is a bit more smoothing and is cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by OvErDoSeDoNbEaUtii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered a sample of this online, I got the shampoo and conditioner, all I can say is WOW best 3 days of my hair's life ha, I love it, it smells amazing, it made my hair feel unbelievably soft, and overall I feel like my hair did look healthier, im totally getting the big bottles . I have nothing bad to say about this