Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam

2.5

on 1/13/2013 7:44:00 PM

I have been dying my hair at home for 10 years and have always been on and off in choosing hair dye brands as I change the colour of my hair often and different brands produce better colours.

I used this product in 6 (light brown) several months ago on my dark blonde hair, I was aiming to get my hair to nice light brown then get it highlighted professionally. This dyed my hair to a brown so dark it was nearly black and no matter how hard I tried it would just not fade through washing! I eventually gave up and stripped this out of my hair.

Also my hair was in extremely good condition before (the hairdresser always comments on how good the condition is especially with me dying it at home so much!) It severely damaged my hair and had to have an inch taken off my ends because of the mess it was in!

on 12/15/2012 12:02:00 AM

HORRIBLE.
DID nothing but dry my hair out. The color on the box didnt match the results, didnt do anything to my hair AT ALL!
Total waste of money!

on 12/4/2012 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have wavy course mediterranean hair. I used Icy Golden Brown
IG 6 . I left it stay on my hair for more than 40 minutes. It has very poor grey coverage(30%) also grey turns yellowish grey no more different than what it was before, the rest of my hair came out very dark brown alittle bitt lighter that black. Also it is a semi foam not complete foam. becareful because the color dripping and it dripped over my face it is very messy. also the color faded after my second
wash although I washed with color protectant shampoo.
Never buy it again.
Also 1 bottle was hardly enough for my short hair. ha ha what a hair color !!!!!!

on 10/28/2012 2:38:00 PM

I chose dark blonde...over lighter shade of blonde that I have.
It is brown now!
I followed the directions exactly.
I'm wondering how long I have to wait to color it again.

on 10/21/2012 3:38:00 PM

I have always used Garnier hair color products. I've used other ones, but always go back to Garnier. I had tried the L'Oreal Mousse Sublime and liked the foam hair color, but wasn't really impressed with the actual color. When Garnier came out with the foam, I knew I had to try it. I chose the medium brown because I was trying to cover gray and go back to my natural color. On me it came out very dark brown, but it actually looks good. It makes my blue eyes really stand out. And by using shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair (Pantene Color Shine), there is minimal fading between coloring, and the minimal fading means my roots are actually invisible because they're the same color (finally) as the rest of my hair. It's been been so long I wasn't even sure what my real color was anymore. I have used this twice now, and probably will keep this color because it's closest to natural and now I just have to color my hair to cover my grays. This is my favorite hair dye and my favorite hair color.

on 10/17/2012 9:56:00 AM

I saw all the negative reviews on here after I bought this dye, but I'm happy to report I didn't have any of the problems others had. I'm low-risk because my hair is very dark and I just color it a little darker, to control a few grays and sun-bleaching. I got "darkest brown" and had no problems at all. Went on easily, completely covered my roots, rinsed out pretty well, the conditioner was good, and my hair shows no damage. My hair is no less shiny, strong or moisturized than it was before the coloring. I had no dripping, didn't stain the tub from washing out, and the few marks on my forehead and neck came off quickly. The color came out correctly. My hair is about bra-length but one package was plenty for me. I had been getting my color done at the salon but now I see no reason to keep spending the money--this was easy and so much cheaper.

I did not follow the directions re timing. I just started with my roots and then kept going through the rest of it, finally leaving it all to sit for around 15 minutes. The directions said to only leave the shaft with color in for about 5 minutes, on top of 20 for just the roots (if you're doing a touch-up). I found it easier to just go in one shot, and I don't see any negative consequences.

I do wish the package included a plastic cap for wearing around the house while you're waiting.

on 9/24/2012 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I Bought this product in SOFT BLACK about two weeks ago. I like how its a "no mess" foam formula and it was easy to apply on my thick, waist long hair. 2 boxes were more than enough to cover everything, or so i thought. Usually when I color my hair it takes about a max of two days to bleed out. I noticed with this product, my hair was bleeding out for about a week! Then I noticed that my jet black hair (from day 1 of application) has turned into a dark brown with medium brown highlights ( from where my hair was highlighted prior to application). Yeah the foam form may be cool and its easy to apply. but the color pay off is very poor. its almost like temporary hair color. I would NOT recommend nor purchase this product again.

on 9/15/2012 12:02:00 AM

Hate this product. I highlighted my hair for years and decided to go a tad bit darker, to try to repair the damage. So I choose dark blond. Well it came out dark brown. I'm so upset and absolutely will not repurchase. However my hair does feel better than it did before, but the conditioner was not that moisturizing.

on 8/25/2012 12:48:00 PM

Not happy with this foam. I have been coloring my hair with Garnier Nutrisse regular color for a while now and was excited when they came out with the foam version. But it did not deliver at all. No grey coverage and no root coverage also! This is not permanent hair color!
The actual foam was not very foamy at all and did not saturate my hair well. One box is not enough if you have a lot of hair. It drips and feels funny, not at all like the John Frieda foam color which is by far superior to this.
Very disappointed, I have to color my hair again to cover my roots properly.
If I ever use hair color foam again I will stick with the John Frieda, much much better results and easier to use.

on 8/21/2012 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Shade 7 - Dark Blonde
6 pounds from Boots
Used this today, did exactly what the package said to; left on for 30mins.
Rinsed it and used the conditioner (which is pretty nice) and my hair is DARK BROWN. I do not recommend this colour. I am so upset it completely covered up all of the tones in my hair and now I have a big brown blob on my head. Didn't seem too too damaging, although some of the underneath of my hair feels a tad frazzled.

WILL NOT BUY AGAIN