August 29, 2014 | 1678 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Cropsey

I chose dark blonde...over lighter shade of blonde that I have.
It is brown now!
I followed the directions exactly.
I'm wondering how long I have to wait to color it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by KarenB927

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always used Garnier hair color products. I've used other ones, but always go back to Garnier. I had tried the L'Oreal Mousse Sublime and liked the foam hair color, but wasn't really impressed with the actual color. When Garnier came out with the foam, I knew I had to try it. I chose the medium brown because I was trying to cover gray and go back to my natural color. On me it came out very dark brown, but it actually looks good. It makes my blue eyes really stand out. And by using shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair (Pantene Color Shine), there is minimal fading between coloring, and the minimal fading means my roots are actually invisible because they're the same color (finally) as the rest of my hair. It's been been so long I wasn't even sure what my real color was anymore. I have used this twice now, and probably will keep this color because it's closest to natural and now I just have to color my hair to cover my grays. This is my favorite hair dye and my favorite hair color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Monday1

I saw all the negative reviews on here after I bought this dye, but I'm happy to report I didn't have any of the problems others had. I'm low-risk because my hair is very dark and I just color it a little darker, to control a few grays and sun-bleaching. I got "darkest brown" and had no problems at all. Went on easily, completely covered my roots, rinsed out pretty well, the conditioner was good, and my hair shows no damage. My hair is no less shiny, strong or moisturized than it was before the coloring. I had no dripping, didn't stain the tub from washing out, and the few marks on my forehead and neck came off quickly. The color came out correctly. My hair is about bra-length but one package was plenty for me. I had been getting my color done at the salon but now I see no reason to keep spending the money--this was easy and so much cheaper.

I did not follow the directions re timing. I just started with my roots and then kept going through the rest of it, finally leaving it all to sit for around 15 minutes. The directions said to only leave the shaft with color in for about 5 minutes, on top of 20 for just the roots (if you're doing a touch-up). I found it easier to just go in one shot, and I don't see any negative consequences.

I do wish the package included a plastic cap for wearing around the house while you're waiting.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Giannatherese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Bought this product in SOFT BLACK about two weeks ago. I like how its a "no mess" foam formula and it was easy to apply on my thick, waist long hair. 2 boxes were more than enough to cover everything, or so i thought. Usually when I color my hair it takes about a max of two days to bleed out. I noticed with this product, my hair was bleeding out for about a week! Then I noticed that my jet black hair (from day 1 of application) has turned into a dark brown with medium brown highlights ( from where my hair was highlighted prior to application). Yeah the foam form may be cool and its easy to apply. but the color pay off is very poor. its almost like temporary hair color. I would NOT recommend nor purchase this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by nata28usa

Hate this product. I highlighted my hair for years and decided to go a tad bit darker, to try to repair the damage. So I choose dark blond. Well it came out dark brown. I'm so upset and absolutely will not repurchase. However my hair does feel better than it did before, but the conditioner was not that moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by JennySG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not happy with this foam. I have been coloring my hair with Garnier Nutrisse regular color for a while now and was excited when they came out with the foam version. But it did not deliver at all. No grey coverage and no root coverage also! This is not permanent hair color!
The actual foam was not very foamy at all and did not saturate my hair well. One box is not enough if you have a lot of hair. It drips and feels funny, not at all like the John Frieda foam color which is by far superior to this.
Very disappointed, I have to color my hair again to cover my roots properly.
If I ever use hair color foam again I will stick with the John Frieda, much much better results and easier to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by milliecamp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shade 7 - Dark Blonde
6 pounds from Boots
Used this today, did exactly what the package said to; left on for 30mins.
Rinsed it and used the conditioner (which is pretty nice) and my hair is DARK BROWN. I do not recommend this colour. I am so upset it completely covered up all of the tones in my hair and now I have a big brown blob on my head. Didn't seem too too damaging, although some of the underneath of my hair feels a tad frazzled.

WILL NOT BUY AGAIN

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by SoCalGal619

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I specifically registered on this site to write a review about this haircolor.

PROS:
-DOES leave hair soft
-DOES leave it shiny
-DOES provide natural color (I used Soft Black, loved the color)
-A little DOES go a long way. I have long thick hair that goes to about the bottom of my ribcage and one box was almost enough for me but it didn't completely soak all my hair. Next time I'll use two bottles for sure, but I was still impressed that the one bottle ALMOST did the trick.
-Application is fairly easy and it truly is dripless, that is if you aren't making any major movements. I accidentally flipped my hair around fast to get another section of it and a teensy bit flew on my floor and wall, but that was my fault.
-No harsh smells
-Post coloring conditioner provided is UH-MAZE! Leaves my hair super soft and shiny. Wish they sold it seperately so I could use it more often.

CONS:
Despite what the box says, it definitely does NOT NOT NOT provide 100% grey coverage! It's more like 40% grey coverage because the two times I used this color, (both times I SATURATED my grey hairs with color) my greys did not get 100% coverage at all, I still saw the greys and they were merely tinted a darker grey, but definitely still visible. Shame. That is the ONLY thing that will keep me from buying this color again. Love everything else about it EXCEPT for the grey coverage. That sucks big time.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by lthoms

HORRIBLE.
I went to dye my hair a dark brownish red from already dark brown hair, and it managed to make it bright red. I am not happy at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by popdomi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrible product!
I literaly just used it, and I am so disappointed that I wanted to write a review right-way.
Yeah the foaming formula sounds cool, except that the foam was dripping all around, mixing the things was a hell of a mess and it took forever before actually I could see that color and developer were well mixed (instructions say don't shake.... yeah, I guess you gotta make your formulas a little more soluble then).
I couldn't see any color developing while I had it on, I waited 25 minutes as told, checked my grey hairs and nothing was happening (except itchy feeling, which is very weird, since I have never had issues like that, not even with far much more aggressive dyes)!!! so I left 10 more minutes, and then finally washed everything.

All my grey hairs stayed exactly the same they were at the beginning, not even a little shade of color (I was using dark brown)
Do they at least test these products before selling them?