July 30, 2014 | 2060 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Giannatherese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Bought this product in SOFT BLACK about two weeks ago. I like how its a "no mess" foam formula and it was easy to apply on my thick, waist long hair. 2 boxes were more than enough to cover everything, or so i thought. Usually when I color my hair it takes about a max of two days to bleed out. I noticed with this product, my hair was bleeding out for about a week! Then I noticed that my jet black hair (from day 1 of application) has turned into a dark brown with medium brown highlights ( from where my hair was highlighted prior to application). Yeah the foam form may be cool and its easy to apply. but the color pay off is very poor. its almost like temporary hair color. I would NOT recommend nor purchase this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by nata28usa

Hate this product. I highlighted my hair for years and decided to go a tad bit darker, to try to repair the damage. So I choose dark blond. Well it came out dark brown. I'm so upset and absolutely will not repurchase. However my hair does feel better than it did before, but the conditioner was not that moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by JennySG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not happy with this foam. I have been coloring my hair with Garnier Nutrisse regular color for a while now and was excited when they came out with the foam version. But it did not deliver at all. No grey coverage and no root coverage also! This is not permanent hair color!
The actual foam was not very foamy at all and did not saturate my hair well. One box is not enough if you have a lot of hair. It drips and feels funny, not at all like the John Frieda foam color which is by far superior to this.
Very disappointed, I have to color my hair again to cover my roots properly.
If I ever use hair color foam again I will stick with the John Frieda, much much better results and easier to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by milliecamp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shade 7 - Dark Blonde
6 pounds from Boots
Used this today, did exactly what the package said to; left on for 30mins.
Rinsed it and used the conditioner (which is pretty nice) and my hair is DARK BROWN. I do not recommend this colour. I am so upset it completely covered up all of the tones in my hair and now I have a big brown blob on my head. Didn't seem too too damaging, although some of the underneath of my hair feels a tad frazzled.

WILL NOT BUY AGAIN

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by SoCalGal619

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I specifically registered on this site to write a review about this haircolor.

PROS:
-DOES leave hair soft
-DOES leave it shiny
-DOES provide natural color (I used Soft Black, loved the color)
-A little DOES go a long way. I have long thick hair that goes to about the bottom of my ribcage and one box was almost enough for me but it didn't completely soak all my hair. Next time I'll use two bottles for sure, but I was still impressed that the one bottle ALMOST did the trick.
-Application is fairly easy and it truly is dripless, that is if you aren't making any major movements. I accidentally flipped my hair around fast to get another section of it and a teensy bit flew on my floor and wall, but that was my fault.
-No harsh smells
-Post coloring conditioner provided is UH-MAZE! Leaves my hair super soft and shiny. Wish they sold it seperately so I could use it more often.

CONS:
Despite what the box says, it definitely does NOT NOT NOT provide 100% grey coverage! It's more like 40% grey coverage because the two times I used this color, (both times I SATURATED my grey hairs with color) my greys did not get 100% coverage at all, I still saw the greys and they were merely tinted a darker grey, but definitely still visible. Shame. That is the ONLY thing that will keep me from buying this color again. Love everything else about it EXCEPT for the grey coverage. That sucks big time.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by lthoms

HORRIBLE.
I went to dye my hair a dark brownish red from already dark brown hair, and it managed to make it bright red. I am not happy at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by popdomi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrible product!
I literaly just used it, and I am so disappointed that I wanted to write a review right-way.
Yeah the foaming formula sounds cool, except that the foam was dripping all around, mixing the things was a hell of a mess and it took forever before actually I could see that color and developer were well mixed (instructions say don't shake.... yeah, I guess you gotta make your formulas a little more soluble then).
I couldn't see any color developing while I had it on, I waited 25 minutes as told, checked my grey hairs and nothing was happening (except itchy feeling, which is very weird, since I have never had issues like that, not even with far much more aggressive dyes)!!! so I left 10 more minutes, and then finally washed everything.

All my grey hairs stayed exactly the same they were at the beginning, not even a little shade of color (I was using dark brown)
Do they at least test these products before selling them?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by renneyg

I've used this twice now and really would not recommend it. My color choice was dark blonde 7. First time i left it on for the full 30 minutes and nearly fainted at how dark it was. It did fade to the color on the box and then continued to fade quite rapidly. The color was ok, a nice natural dark blonde but did get brassy the more it faded. Second time i left it on for 15 mins max, which was better color wise but then my focus switched onto how drying it was. Even with the conditioner my hair felt like straw. Ive now switched to L'oreal Sublime colour mousse which condition wise is comparatively amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not usually a fan of gimmicky products..I stick with what I am familiar with. But I was browsing around at Walgreens and this was on sale for 7.99 and I loved the color on the front..being that I couldn't find one quite like it on the usual pour on form I bought it..it says LESS MESS but i must be sloppy because its just as messy as other dyes. The mousse covers a lot of hair which was surprising and one did all of my long hair. The color pay off is very good, now I am just waiting to see what the fade time is on it...that will determine a repurchase but so far so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in 6rr light intense auburn, its from the commercial with tina fey. This cost me about $10 and I only bought 1 box for my long wavy hair-for reference my longest layers hit my boobs and my shortest hit my collar bone, happy to say that 1 box did cover it all although I used every last bit of it. The pic on the box is much more of a brown color in my opinion and I was wondering if it would turn red at all, most of my hair was medium brown except my roots which were my natural dark brown color. I was happy to see that this dye actually penetrated my brown hair all the way to the ends but the roots are slightly more vibrant red than the rest but it doesn't look weird or anything. My only complaint would be that certain areas on my roots didn't take to the dye for some reason even though I know I soaked them. Specifically the hair right by my ears and the very crown of my head, it's not to bad right now because the color is such a reddish brown and my hair was brown before that it blends well but it's still annoying. The smell of this stuff is exactly what you'd expect when using permanent dye, hair feels fine after using conditioner. Now for the color- very hard to explain, if you've seen the commercial where they use this color it's pretty close to that girls hair, if not, it's not some intense red like the little mermaid, it's a nice auburn color, brown but somehow still most definitely red. As for the foam, I've never used a foam dye before and I think I liked it. At first I was nervous because unlike a cream it doesn't soak your hair the same way so I wasn't sure if I'd done certain areas yet or not but after I got half way done my head I could tell and I do feel like the foam may have gone a little farther than if it was just a cream. All in all I liked this color a lot, I was scared about doing red in my hair as I have pale skin with pink undertones but it looks really good without being crazy red and it brings out my green eyes. I would buy this product again.
EDIT: I bought a second box the next day to do touch ups, it still didnt take at the hair near my ears for some reason! I love this color red on my so much but it does fade pretty fast, although I've heard all red dyes fade faster than others so it's probably not just this brand