April 20, 2014 | 1695 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by RebekahDigney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I recently purchased this foundation after some of the hype id heard here. The consistency of the foundation is a mousse, I found it quite hard to blend all over my face though. I tried using a mac foundation brush and a sigma f80 brush. I personally felt the foundation brush was better as it gave a smoother texture. The foundation overall isn't to bad considering the price and it stayed on the whole night without any slides so overall quite impressed with this little beauty

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by hmllr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from ASOS and it was having sale so it was super cheap! It is slightly too runny for me but overall it was good and i would consider repurchasing it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this because the foundation I was using was too dark (and orange) and this was the cheapest one available, so I figured it would be good enough until I researched and swatched my way to something perfect. And that's kind of how I'd sum this up, it's good... enough.

I like the fact it doesn't contain parabens and a few other ingredients I haphazardly try to avoid. I like the fact it hasn't apparently caused my skin to break out or itch when I use it. I like the fact it seems to mostly use natural ingredients to mattify (cotton for example). Natural apparently isn't always the best though, as I found this couldn't really keep me from looking greasy for very long (my previous orange foundation held up a lot better). It provides fairly sheer coverage, though you can build it up a bit- this won't cover a lot of blemishes and it struggles with my hyper-pigmentation. I find it oxidises slightly so it ends up looking a bit less 'fresh' as the day wears on. It doesn't come in the widest shade range.

Looking at the Rimmel site I couldn't find this listed and I think they may have discontinued it (though it's still for sale at my local Coles). If it has been I probably won't race around trying to stock up. I would buy this again if I needed a foundation suddenly for some reason, as my experience using it hasn't been bad. But if it's gone I don't think I'll grieve much, and the search for perfection in bad skin coverage continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Gjertrud

When I bough this product I though it was going to be complete crap, it was the cheapest one I found, there wasn't really much product in it and I was just skeptical over all. It has become my favorite foundation ever, it was perfect for my skin type! It looks natural and I don't even need to use concealer with it. It stays on my skin all day. The only negative thing I can say about this product is that the fairest shade, 100 Ivory, is a little bit too dark for me in the winter-time.

This is definitely a product I will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Henney93

I read reviews over here and I can't believe it!,
this foundation is one of my favorites, and one of the few I trust who can handle the middle easten weather and my skin type.

it's a mixture of normal and oily....especially my T zone...
I looked for a good foundation who can matte out my skin, look natural and not like a mask, and with a long lasting effect, since I serve in the army and I am surroundd by men in the office and in the field it's really important for me cause I don't want to look like a freakin clown.

this product does the job! it stays long enough! looks totally natural even after 8 hours of hard work with no A/C around!!!! and no one knows I wear one! ("wow you look so nice today! did you have a good night sleep?), it does not oxidize at all and it dries fast!.
I put it on with my fingers....

I think women with normal to slightly oily skin will enjoy it, for other it just won't do the trick!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this foundation in 2 shades, for some reason, the darker one goes on very blotchy! I really hate waste, so I've since started using it only as an eyeshadow base. It works ok as that, I suppose. I'm Asian, so eyeshadows never crease on my lid, just lash line, which isn't a problem since I wear liquid liner over black eyeshadow on my lash line. The lighter one applies smoothly, but doesn't offer full coverage or control oil, despite the packaging claims. This product has really turned me off from any Rimmel foundations. I'll stick to revlon, physician's formula and almay for foundations as they've never let me down!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by amberclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my God, this is terrible. I have oily dehydrated skin and I wanted a full coverage foundation that kept the skin matte.... but this is more like tinted moisturiser (for reference, I pretty much hate all tinted moisturisers - I hate the feeling, finish and coverage they all seem to give). It gave 0 coverage - I tired applying it with my fingers, with a duo fibre brush, foundation brush - and it still gave me nothing. Its also not matte. Luckily this stuff is cheap. The only thing I like about this foundation is the packaging, I love the tube it is easy to get product out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Lalasmooch

I have fair skin that's prone to breakouts and redness, but isn't oily or dry. I need a fuller coverage to hide my blemishes and usually don't go for liquid foundations, but low on money and tricked by the 'matte' title I gave it a go. I didn't find this foundation to have a matte feel at all, if anything it was sloppy and made my skin oily - something that rarely happens to me. It didn't have the coverage to hide my breakout spots and lasted only a few hours. Just to top it off I would also break out the day after use, despite cleaning it off religiously. Safe to say I won't be going near this one again, but if you have pretty good skin and your just looki for a light cover this way work for you. Make sure you aren't prone to oiliness though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by JePet

One of the best DS foundations I've ever tried. It does make my oily T-zone matt and it stays so for hours. It does not work well with Guerlain meteriorites pearl primer but it does so with Too Face one. Shades are not a perfect match for my very fair skin but I mix two lightest shades and get the one I want.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Upon finding out rimmel test on animals its altered my score. I quite like this foundation, it keeps my skin really matte but i always powder over it anyway, the only problem for me were the shades i have 101 and 103 and both are quite orangey. You have to work with the product fast as it dries quite quickly but i always use a brush anyway so its never a problem for me, i probably wouldnt purchase this again as its not the most amazing matte foundation ive ever bought.