July 28, 2014 | 1925 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by attractive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's the best Essence mascara ever!I have tried so many high-end&budget friendly ones and by far it's one of the best mascaras.I have two for stock.Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by ravingroux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The absolute best mascara I've ever used. It has a lovely incremental brush, so you can roll it from the fine bristles to the fatter ones, or vice versa. Adore!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by lemdee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another great mascara from this brand. So far this brand is a winner for me. and so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wonderful mascara for such a little price. Darkens and lengthens my short, blonde lashes with two coats. Now that's a bargain.
Here's the basic lowdown. The tube is a chunky, easily held one with a good-sized spoolie to coat your lashes. The spoolie manages to reach all of my lashes without hitting any other areas, such as the outer corners of my lids. I can use two coats, walk away and have a natural look or layer on a few more for a more dramatic effect. If there are any clumps, I use a mascara comb to clear them out. I'd use a comb anyway when I layer mascara to make sure the lashes are clump-free.
This mascara is a nice, dark black. As I said, my lashes are blonde, and in normal circumstances, can't be seen at all. Two coats do give them substance. I like that simplicity.
The spoolie removes a normal amount out of the tube that doesn't have to be cleaned against the tube top. It's not an overly wet mascara or a dry mascara. It's just right in the middle for me. It dries quickly, so I don't have to worry about it leaving little black marks that I'm not aware about afterwards for clean-up or wait too long for the dry time.
Clean-up is super easy with my either an oil-cleansing method or a regular make-up remover for the eyes. I've had absolutely no problem with lashes falling out from this mascara.
After a normal day, I don't see any fall-out. After a super long day in the sunny weather, hours of hot, humid weather in the 90's, then hours in a car with a nap before I had a chance to remove it (I'm talking 19 hours straight), I saw some minute fall-out under my eyes and a little on my upper lids. That was the only time that happened. That can be fixed with using another mascara on top to seal it in if I'm going to spend a day similar to this one.
I find Essence at my local Ulta. I would appreciate if the company shrink-wrapped their products for sanitary reasons. That's the only complaint I have about them. But they're so inexpensive and they perform so well, I repurchase and go to their kiosk every time I hit an Ulta to see what's new.
The company is also cruelty-free, another plus for me when purchasing cosmetics.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by gumby11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great if you want a cheap, disposable mascara, or if your not really fussed with good quality.

I personally found the formula unusable and it left my lashes in three big clumps. The only way to avoid this was to use a disposable mascara wand and brush through while still wet. This gave somewhat satisfactory results, but then the formula would smudge.

Try the Essence mascara in the orange tube (Maximum Definition), much better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by danai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The cheapest mascara I've come across (at least in my country), yet one of the very best. It is really, intensely black and it delivers both volume and length in two coats. In my experience the consistency can be somewhat gloopy at first, so make sure to wipe the wand before you use it to avoid uneven application, however after a few uses it becomes just perfect. The brush is quite huge also which can make coating the corner lashes a little harder, but overall the effect is pretty impressive.
I would recommend it to anyone really.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by bella2323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go to mascara when I want that dramatic look! It's gives lots of volume..thickness and makes them look super black! looks like I'm wearing false lashes!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara didn't impress me or meet my personal taste on how I like my lashes to look. It did add volume, but left my lashes looking stumpy & clumpy. It also flakes like crazy and leaves me with irritated raccoon eyes. Finally, even though I knew this when I purchased this mascara, it is not available in a sealed package, therefore you never really know if it's been opened previously. I have and love many Essence products, but there mascaras I will not be buying again for safety and hygienic reasons.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ymfoto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I loved this mascara, it had build-able application and made me look like I had fake eyelashes on while still leaving the tips wispy. Along with volume, It curled. defined and lifted my lashes. However, it didn't take long for this mascara to begin drying out. After only a few hours, I would catch many black flakes under my eyes and over all, the mascara dries out in the container after a few weeks.

I find you can reapply this through out the day where the mascara has broken off and it will still look good and not clumpy, but I'm not the kind of girl that wants to reapply makeup through out the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by femfem237

I really like this mascara i had bought it for my friends bday and she already had it so she said i could keep it but anyways, its amazing my lashes are volumious and long as well, i paid 2,99$ for it wich is crazy cheep and it comes with TONS of product. Its not super wet but not super dry and does'nt dry super clumpy/crusty!