December 20, 2014 | 1279 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Andzelinaa97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This essence product is amazing. It isn't dry at all. Colour is dark black. It maximizes your lashes and gives them volume. + it's not expensive at all. I would repurchase it over and over again :-D

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by liezlemei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara does give volume, but it clumps :( It's cheap, about $4 in Canada, so it isn't a complete waste of money. I do like that it gives volume though and it works with just one coat.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product about a month ago in Shoppers Drug Mart because I could not find the one in the pink tube. I'm usually not very pick with mascara but unfortunately this one really doesn't do it for me. I had read the reviews on here and saw some people saying that it clumped. I usually ignore those comments because I know that a lot of mascara's usually do that. But holy cow this is a huge clumpy mess. It leaves big chunks of mascara on my lashes which is very disappointing. I already have long lashes and I like how much volume this gives me. But because of how clumpy it is I will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by creepfancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best brush. Great product. Be careful to keep the rim clean or product will get chunky, dry, & twisting it shut will be a pain!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by ProBeautyMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the BEST! I found it works best when I started at the base of my lashes on one eye then switched to do the base of the other eye the switched back to the first eye and worked on the tips. I found it dried fast so working quickly is a must. It's very build-able and doesn't really clump much but then it does it just made my leashes look fatter and was easy to work the clump out. I love this mascara. I purchased all of the essence mascara's to see if the others were just as good but strangely this one works the best. I get so many comments on how huge my lashes are look and people asking what product I use. I have about 5 of them all over the house because I can't live without it. Beats Lancôme, Estée Lauder and Maybelline hands down. I've tried them all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this based on the reviews but I'm not in love with it. I am always looking for the next, best volumizing mascara, and my other two qualifications (lesser priority than volume/thickness but still important) are deep pigmentation and some length (what good is thick if they look stubby?).

The good:
Pigmentation - excellent, ultra black
The brush - big fat bristle brush that picks up all the lashes
Thickening ability - really does add volume and make lashes quite thick and feathery
Packaging - cute; a little "young-looking" but cute
Lasting ability - no flakes, no smudges, stays all day
Price - pretty darn cheap at $5

The bad:
Clumpy messy clump mess -
I think this formula might have some fiber qualities/ingredients to make it volumize/thicken, and while they do work, they also make a big ol' mess. They make my lashes stick together in globs, there are little mascara clumpies/crumbs everywhere and when I go to pick them off, my lashes end up looking stumpy because it takes off half the length with it. Combing through is necessary but also not exactly easy or helpful enough to clean up the lashes completely.

The bad outweighs the good here, sadly. This one is not a keeper IMHO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I like it but don't love it. I find the formula to be a little thick & dry. And the jumbo-sized brush is way too big & unwieldy. Also it clumps.
But on the plus side, this mascara provides loads of volume & a beautiful dramatic effect. No flaking either!
Love the Essence price tag, but I like Jordana's Best Lash so much more. If you're looking for an excellent volumizing mascara (that only costs a couple of dollars) definitely check that one out.
Not a bad product but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I love this mascara. It's so cheap and yet so functional. It does exactly what it says: gives you fantastic volume. It also does so without flaking or smudging. How can you beat that?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by annqay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on the fence with this one.

The Pros:
* Very nice and very big brush. I like big brushes. Love.
* Dries relatively fast.
* No excessive glueing.
* Overall effect: You actually see you put something on after only one attempt.
* Price and availability (I live in Europe)

The Con (big one, actually):
* Flaking, smudging, I don't know. After a few hours (8-10 maybe) I notice some black debris under and in my eyes. Sometimes even stinging. I don't like stinging. Actually: Hate it.

Therefore I probably wouldn't purchase this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by attractive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's the best Essence mascara ever!I have tried so many high-end&budget friendly ones and by far it's one of the best mascaras.I have two for stock.Love it!