Essence I Love Extreme - Volume Mascara

3.9

on 11/17/2013 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This does a great job lengthening my lashes but only gives decent volume for me. The brush is thick which I don't mind and it has a nice concentrated black color that hasn't caused any smudging or clumping on my oily lids. It also hasn't caused any irritation to my eyes which is a plus. So far I am really loving this (My other favorite is L'oreal voluminous) and it was less than three dollars at Ulta.

First of all I will start off by saying that I am very fussy with mascaras - I hardly ever find ones I like! I was very impressed with this one - it didn't clump on me, and it builds big long lashes without looking gaudy. It does smudge a little bit though, doesn't fully remove with cleanser, and the big brush can get mascara on your eyelids! But for the price and effect it is well worth it, even just as a "going out" mascara.

on 11/3/2013 10:47:00 AM

Uncurls my lashes. Straightens them out. The wand is too fat to reach corners without getting all over my lids.

on 9/30/2013 8:57:00 AM

I tried the pink bottle mascara, from this line, and i really enjoyed it, I mean, IT'S THE BEST MASCARA EVER, no doubt. This one has also really good reviews, so i decided to give it a go when i ran out of the previous one.

I like it! It gives volume and big lashes. It holds the curve, and i don't find that it clumps. It also doesn't smudge and separate the lashes really well.

Big plus: it's really cheap (i paid 3,49 €)

I'm happy with it but i wouldn't repurchase it because the pink one works better for me..

on 9/28/2013 5:57:00 AM

This essence product is amazing. It isn't dry at all. Colour is dark black. It maximizes your lashes and gives them volume. + it's not expensive at all. I would repurchase it over and over again :-D

on 9/23/2013 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara does give volume, but it clumps :( It's cheap, about $4 in Canada, so it isn't a complete waste of money. I do like that it gives volume though and it works with just one coat.

on 9/21/2013 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product about a month ago in Shoppers Drug Mart because I could not find the one in the pink tube. I'm usually not very pick with mascara but unfortunately this one really doesn't do it for me. I had read the reviews on here and saw some people saying that it clumped. I usually ignore those comments because I know that a lot of mascara's usually do that. But holy cow this is a huge clumpy mess. It leaves big chunks of mascara on my lashes which is very disappointing. I already have long lashes and I like how much volume this gives me. But because of how clumpy it is I will not buy this product again.

on 9/20/2013 11:16:00 PM

Best brush. Great product. Be careful to keep the rim clean or product will get chunky, dry, & twisting it shut will be a pain!

This is the BEST! I found it works best when I started at the base of my lashes on one eye then switched to do the base of the other eye the switched back to the first eye and worked on the tips. I found it dried fast so working quickly is a must. It's very build-able and doesn't really clump much but then it does it just made my leashes look fatter and was easy to work the clump out. I love this mascara. I purchased all of the essence mascara's to see if the others were just as good but strangely this one works the best. I get so many comments on how huge my lashes are look and people asking what product I use. I have about 5 of them all over the house because I can't live without it. Beats Lancôme, Estée Lauder and Maybelline hands down. I've tried them all.

on 8/26/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had high hopes for this based on the reviews but I'm not in love with it. I am always looking for the next, best volumizing mascara, and my other two qualifications (lesser priority than volume/thickness but still important) are deep pigmentation and some length (what good is thick if they look stubby?).

The good:
Pigmentation - excellent, ultra black
The brush - big fat bristle brush that picks up all the lashes
Thickening ability - really does add volume and make lashes quite thick and feathery
Packaging - cute; a little "young-looking" but cute
Lasting ability - no flakes, no smudges, stays all day
Price - pretty darn cheap at $5

The bad:
Clumpy messy clump mess -
I think this formula might have some fiber qualities/ingredients to make it volumize/thicken, and while they do work, they also make a big ol' mess. They make my lashes stick together in globs, there are little mascara clumpies/crumbs everywhere and when I go to pick them off, my lashes end up looking stumpy because it takes off half the length with it. Combing through is necessary but also not exactly easy or helpful enough to clean up the lashes completely.

The bad outweighs the good here, sadly. This one is not a keeper IMHO.

Top Rated Essence Products