August 1, 2014 | 1808 users online

Other - Colgate Optic White

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by BlueShoesDJ

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and came on here looking for reviews to see what to expect. It was basically the same price as other toothpastes so I figured I had nothing to lose.

Looking at reviews the general opinion was that while the product worked (to some extent) for most, it also caused sensitivity for many.

After just 10 days, I can say I have certainly noticed my teeth getting a little whiter. Enough to get me excited for what the next 3 weeks will bring.
And I have felt no change in sensitivity so far.

The taste is somewhat different to the regular Colgate I was using but in no way unpleasant to me.

So I'm pretty happy with it and will certainly buy it again when this tube runs out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did not work out well for me as I would have thought. My teeth became slightly whiter and felt smooth, but they also became more sensitive. I noticed a burning sensation in my mouth as soon as the toothpaste begin to foam. I usually don't have reactions to toothpaste, so I found that odd. At least my breath was fresh I guess. I had to alternate with my other toothpaste after some time and that helped with my sensitivity issues. I will stick to my Crest vivid white and Aquafresh toothpaste. I will not repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by makeachange

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Really surprised at the reviews on this product! I loved this product and think the whitening effect is awesome. I often get compliments on my teeth, so it must be doing something right! Go take a look at my pictures and you can be the judge for yourself. Look at the newer pictures....the older ones don't reflect the regular usage I have committed to lately! Say Cheese ----

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by amandalemonn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was easily the worst toothpaste I have ever purchased. It made my teeth so sensitive that it hurt to eat or drink anything hot, cold or room temperature. You could tell that it was breaking down my tooth enamel. I used it for about a week until I couldn't endure it anymore. The day after I stopped using it about half of one of my teeth just fell out when I was flossing. This toothpaste has literally broken my teeth down and it's disgusting. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. It is not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Delishus1

Although my teeth became sensitive after two brushings I decided to stick with this toothpaste, to see if the sensitivity diminished over time.

Not only did the sensitivity continue, my tongue became sensitive, dry and sore. The skin on the inside of my mouth began peeling and sloughing-off after every brushing.

And to add insult to injury, the product never so-much as brightened my teeth. In my opinion, this toothpaste is dangerous.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Somehow I did not notice any color change in my teeth after going through 2 tubes of this toothpaste. Perhaps it requries longer to show an effect?
Also the 1%? Hydrogen Peroxide ingredient makes the toothpaste taste really bad and I was secretly resenting the twice a day brushing schedule. I happily moved on to normal toothpastes with normal minty taste!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by CrochetDiva23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really very, very good whitening toothpaste. I've been using it for the past year and I have to say that it keeps my teeth bright so that I have a very nice, noticeable white smile.

I've never stuck with any one toothpaste for as long as I've stuck with this one. And I wouldn't do that if I didn't see the wonderful way it keeps my teeth looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

This toothpaste seriously whitens faster and more effective than any other drugstore toothpaste on the market. It is essentially like using white strips, without having to actually use white strips. I actually think it's lightening the color of my lips just from using it (I have naturally pigmented lips so I don't even mind). Negatives include sensitivity of the teeth and gums and chapped lips. This stuff is potent, so if you're after bright white teeth without the strips this is totally worth it (consistency is key, you must use twice daily!). If you're after more of a gentle and gradual whitening, I recommend Crest 3D White.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't notice a difference in my teeth when I used this. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by bklynbelle

I bought this on the strength of the commercial....Whitening teeth just like that of Whitening Strips. That said....I used this for about a week and noticed that my teeth and gums became very sensitive. Everytime I drank smething, my there was a shock to my teeth. This stuff is very harsh.