Colgate Optic White

3.2

on 5/10/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This toothpaste actually works. It's a shame it aggravated my gums so badly.

I had only used this toothpaste for a couple of weeks and saw results within a couple of days; my teeth were bright and beautiful. Though I had noticed that this started to make my gums bleed and become painful, something that rarely happens to me. As soon as I switched back to my regular toothpaste, my gums were healthy once again. And they aren't even sensitive! Perhaps it had to do with the hydrogen peroxide in this toothpaste.

Overall, this product works, but take caution if it starts to aggravate your teeth or gums. I would rather good oral health over beaming white teeth.

on 4/17/2013 8:45:00 PM

I'm done the whole tube, and I do think my teeth are whiter because of it. Though I don't think I noticed a difference within one week, as the packaging claims.
When I first started using it, I noticed I felt a slight burning sensation. It wasn't exactly painful and I guess I got used to it because I don't notice that anymore.
Now that I think about it, I think it made my teeth slightly sensitive. Nothing major though- my teeth are pretty tough.
To be honest, the thing that made me pick this toothpaste was the packaging. It's strange but I really love the tube, I like the matte texture.
Would I buy this again? Maybe. But I have another tube of something else to use after I finish this one, so I won't be running out to repurchase.
And another thing, I think it is really overpriced.

on 4/13/2013 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the best whitening toothpaste ever!

I used to use soo many, my recent one was the Crest 3D which everyone raves about..well it did nothing for me.
Maybe it whitened a little bit but the thing is after I stopped using Crest 3D or even switched to another toothpaste, the whitening effect on my teeth would fade VERY quickly..which sucked...

So I tried this one out and right away I noticed a huge diff. hard to reach areas that were slightly discolored were white again, and it's soo gentle I love it.
heck! I had a coffee stain on my white desk, I put some of this toothpaste on and it was gone, this is a really good whitening toothpaste! I love it it really works.This is like white strips in a tube I can't rave about it enough.

Anywho, will def. keep repurchasing this, love it! white strips in a tube! better than the 5 min. gel too, this stuff is gentle, you do not feel it on your teeth. very impressed! =)

on 4/6/2013 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I do like this toothpaste, and it's a good thing because I wound up with a ton of it! I had to return an electric toothbrush to Target but I was out of the time window, so all I could do was exchange for dental products. Colgate Optic White was in a 2-for-1 package, so I couldn't bring myself to choose anything else.

Because I have sensitive teeth, I actually alternate this with Sensodyne. However, I've been quite pleased with the whitening effect.

I followed a suggestion I got from a friend: when you're done brushing, spit but don't rinse immediately. Put on moisturizer, blow-dry hair, whatever - but leave it on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing. Much more visible whitening.

on 3/14/2013 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this product about a week ago. I used to use Crest 3D white vivid before this and regret switching. The taste of this toothpaste is horrible and just tastes strong. My teeth are pretty white already but I didn't notice anymore whitening with this product.

on 3/13/2013 3:05:00 PM

I bought this and had super high hopes for it considering people tease me about my yellow teeth all the time. It doesn't really bother me, since I know it's my fault. I'm super lazy when it comes to brushing my teeth and flossing and all that jazz. (Nasty, I know.) Anyways, I really like the taste of this toothpaste. It makes my mouth feel really fresh and super clean. It claimed you could see "whiter teeth in one week", yeah, not at all. I couldn't tell any difference at all. I've been using it for over a month now and I haven't noticed anything different about my teeth. I am super disappointed and stuck with yellow teeth for now.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this toothpaste for abut two weeks now and brush 2 to 3 times a day. I've noticed that my teeth do actually look a bit whiter, it's not a huge difference but hopefully it will be after I use it more. The taste isn't the best, but I don't buy it to eat so it doesn't matter to me. I haven't noticed any sensitivity either. Unless I find something better or any of this changes, I'll continue to use it :)

on 3/8/2013 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

When I first used this toothpaste my teeth felt sensitive right after brushing, I usually never have a reaction like this I threw this toothpaste away makes your teeth very sensitive. I would not recommend this to anyone, I was very displeased with the product overall.

on 3/1/2013 7:56:00 AM

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and came on here looking for reviews to see what to expect. It was basically the same price as other toothpastes so I figured I had nothing to lose.

Looking at reviews the general opinion was that while the product worked (to some extent) for most, it also caused sensitivity for many.

After just 10 days, I can say I have certainly noticed my teeth getting a little whiter. Enough to get me excited for what the next 3 weeks will bring.
And I have felt no change in sensitivity so far.

The taste is somewhat different to the regular Colgate I was using but in no way unpleasant to me.

So I'm pretty happy with it and will certainly buy it again when this tube runs out.

on 3/1/2013 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This did not work out well for me as I would have thought. My teeth became slightly whiter and felt smooth, but they also became more sensitive. I noticed a burning sensation in my mouth as soon as the toothpaste begin to foam. I usually don't have reactions to toothpaste, so I found that odd. At least my breath was fresh I guess. I had to alternate with my other toothpaste after some time and that helped with my sensitivity issues. I will stick to my Crest vivid white and Aquafresh toothpaste. I will not repurchase this.

Popular Other Products