November 21, 2014 | 1788 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear 100% Natural Lash Boosting Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

I bought this mascara, because after 4 weeks of using Maybelline Illegal Lash Fibers my eyelashes literally fell out. My thought was that this is organic, no synthetics, plus it claims to boost eyelash growth. I wanted something gentle and pure until at least my eyelashes grow back, and if it boosted lash growth all the more better. I do not get length or volume from this mascara. Also it pulls the curl out of what lashes I have left. It's a wet formula and it never seems to really dry completely on my lashes. If I touch my lashes throughout the day, it will smudge even on my finger, but oddly enough it does not smudge too bad under my eyes. The container is a bit cumbersome at first, very bulky, and it took a few attempts to get used to the brush (poked myself in the eye a couple of times). This product smells better than most mascaras and it does deliver a dark black shade. I have been using this mascara for better than a week and so far I have not noticed lash boosting results, but like I mentioned before I lost nearly every single eyelash on my left eye from mid-eye to the outer corner. I will continue to use this until at least my lashes start to grow back, but I don't think I'll re-purchase. So, all in all it's not a horrible mascara, but it's certainly not would I would classify as great mascara either. It may be a good product for those gals with long, thick lashes and are interested in taking the natural route with mascara.
**EDIT**
I've been using this mascara now for approximately 3 months. The areas in which I lost lashes have have grown in nicely and I'm fortunately not suffering any further lash loss, so in short I believe this mascara has definitely halted the eyelash loss. I can't say that I've noticed that my current lashes are growing any longer or thicker. One coat of this mascara imparts a natural look. 3 coats and I have luxuriously long and thick lashes. I don't have bad issues with clumping, as some reviewers have noticed. The brush seems to nicely pull out any form of clumps. This mascara will smudge a bit under the eyes, but then again I have this issue with many different mascara's. If I put a bit of powder in the outer area under the eye where I tend to get smudges, it helps with the smudging. This mascara also washes off very easily, therefore preventing any kind of rough removal from the lashes. As stated above, I love the fact that this mascara is pure and natural. I will continue to use!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by smee123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Too bad this didn't work for me. It is my first organic mascara and a total waste of $17 CAD. Oh well, organic mascara isn't as necessary since it isn't supposed to go on the skin. I loved the way it made my lashes look, but it smudged too much. I always had a lower rim of mascara marks under my eyes. Even when I put powder under my eyes, it helped, but not enough. It comes off very easily with water.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by krissay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG mascara. Makes my lashes look totally fake, in a good way. Be warned though it is NOT waterproof and will come off easily with water (which I personally like, makes it easier to take off at night haha). Also it does sting my eyes.. but I hardly ever get it in my eyes anyway. I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 mostly because the price is a little too much imo.. otherwise i'd give it a 5 because it works so well on my lashes. I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

doesn't sting my eyes and doesn't smell bad. No clumping. I don't think it's making my lashes grow, but thats ok because it doesn't hurt to wear it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by sandries1

I wanted a mascara that contains nourishing ingredients that promote growth, or at least, aren't too harsh on lashes. I usually like Physician Formula products, and the ingredient list sounded really promising for this one. Unfortunately, it's immediate effects are merely okay. I mean, it does add a little bit of emphasis, but it doesn't really blow me away in any respect. And the big ol' clunky container and wand doesn't do the product any favors. Now, I will add a disclaimer: I've only used this for approximately three days. I can't say that it doesn't confer any long term benefits, like, more conditioned or longer lashes. And of course, it's not that expensive. But still, I'm a little disappointed. I'll continue using this for the next several weeks. Unless you're looking for a plain, uber-natural mascara, you may want to blow your $ on the next drugstore mascara and some lash serum.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

didnt notice any huge enhancements or drama with my lashes...didnt flake or smudge...very average for something so pricey for drugstore...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by simplyxpliicit

I bought this because the whole organic/natural concept captured my interest and also because I wanted to try out a new mascara. I keep pulling out my natural lashes whenever I try to remove them as gentle as possible with eye make up remover so I thought this mascara would help prevent that from happening. I like that this mascara is easy to take off, it's great for my sensitive eyes, and it doesn't feel goopy. Although my con to this product is that this smudges because it is not waterproof. If you live in a climate where it's hot and humid and regular mascara already gives you raccoon eyes then I would highly recommend not wearing this. After a month of wearing it I do not wear it as much because it smudges.Great that it's natural but not so great that it's not smudge proof. I probably would not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by e4muw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazingggg. This makes your lashes look ten times better. It volumizes, lengthens, thickens, and doesn't clump. After applying this, I actually looked in the mirror and said, "wow". However, it does smudge so don't use this on your lower lashes. Another drawback is it takes time getting used to the wand because sometimes it's difficult for me to apply because it's very easy to get mascara on my lid. I can't say anything for the lash growth because I interchange my mascaras. Despite the bulky/unattractive packaging and annoying wand, I still recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by RainbowGasp

First off, I'd really like to say that I love this mascara. And use it everyday. It looks really natural too. I got the blackest black color.
About probably 3 weeks or less wearing this mascara, I've actually noticed more longer and thicker eyelashes. I'm Asian with naturally short eyelashes and with this, they grew like a centimeter long, which is good enough for me(: Ohh, and I also noticed that my eyelashes increased in quantity too! (:

Pros:
-Natural looking
-Hypoallergenic
-Encourages eyelash growth
-Volumizes
-Eyelashes increased in quantity
-Great for everyday use

Cons:
-Never seem to feel dry. (unless used multiple times)
---------EDIT 7.26.12------------
I've had this for about 3months now. I've only used it on the lashes on the outer part because my old mascara left the inner part in rashes.
Now that I actually look at my lashes, the part where I used this mascara became blacker and thicker. Also, I can finally SEE my lower lashes!
Oh, and if your tube is still very new, I suggest applying a drier mascara on top because it would seem like it's never dry. The more you use it, you'll see an improvement (;

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by EmmmJay

I bought this because I've had an irritated patch on my upper eyelid for awhile and am trying to cut way down on eye makeup to see if it might get better. I can't go without mascara, though, so I thought PF would be the best option for purity. I am a Lash Blash (orange tube, non-w/p) fan so some of the reviews below encouraged me. I am pleasantly surprised by this mascara and like it a lot.
- I got the blackest black (don't know the exact name) because that's all they had but it's not an OTT black, it's a non-blue, non-trashy looking black.
- The brush is like LB's brush--doesn't seem to hold as much product--but still manages to coat lashes with just a few strokes.
- My lashes look black, defined, long and sleek without looking cakey.
- I have no problems with smudging or flaking even after a 15-hour day.
- No irritation.
- Easy to wash off with J&J baby wash.
- Can't comment on how it holds a curl since I don't use a curler--they make my eyelashes look spiky.
This stuff basically gives me a my-eyelashes-but better look--not the thick falsies look of LB but a well-defined, polished effect. It's a little expensive for d/s, but d/s prices are getting ridiculous and PF tends to be on the higher end. The tube has a nontraditional shape which I can take or leave-- it seems like it could seal a little tighter. I will definitely repurchase and would recommend to someone looking for a gentle, easy-to-remove, nonflaking, pure black mascara.