Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Lash Boosting Mascara

3.0

I love this mascara. Physicians Formula is one of my fave cosmetic lines. I rank this mascara up there with CoverGirl Lashblast. Goes on smoothly with ample coverage. Washes off easily with my Neutrogena eye makeup remover.

on 11/19/2012 6:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this stuff, love it. it's so great, I would say it's definitely comparable to Tarte lights, camera, lashes, at about half the price. I love when I have it on and I touch my lashes for any reason (not the most sanitary I know), it feels like normal eyelashes, they don't get all crunchy and gross. This mascara gives me excellent length and good volume although it could be a little bit less clumpy. That's the only con for me, that it adds a smidge more clumpiness than tarte's lights, camera, lashes, but in every other way the two mascaras are almost a complete dupe. I would definitely re-buy this, especially considering you can get it for about $7 if you print a 3.50 off 10 coupon for ulta or cvs is always having sales on physicians formula. I definitely recommend everyone try it. ohhh also, I have noticed in the past that I have areas of sparse lashes and when I was using this for a while, those areas disappeared, my lashes would re-grow in and they are more even in length now.

I've tried to like it,but I couldn't. It smudges so badly after few hours....it falls even on my cheeks and nose. At the end of the day the mascra is under my eyes and over my face instead of my lashes.
I give it 3 stars for the lovely packaging,the organic idea and the good black colour it gives,but overall it is a bad product and I won't buy ever again. =(

on 10/25/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've always had sensitive eyes, but I used to be able to wear Dior, Clinique and several drugstore mascaras. I received a deluxe sample of Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash, which is an all-natural product, and since then I am unable to wear any regular mascaras. I decided to give this mascara a try since it is organic.

My first impression was that I didn't like the leaf-shaped package. I hate gimmicky packaging with a passion and I would definitely prefer just a standard tube (less tacky-looking and easier to use). That's not a big deal, though. I do like the silicone wand, which reminds me of Lash Blast. It's good at coating lashes to create volume.

The formula itself is a bit sticky. It causes my lashes to clump and look a bit spidery, so I have to do some intense combing after application. It takes a long time to dry and you cannot rub your eyes or it will smudge all over the place. If you cry, you will have black tears. I would stay far, far away from this mascara for any special event.

However, I am still giving it a good review, because I am a contact lens wearer who can't wear anything else besides Buxom Lash without irritation. While I like Buxom's formula better (dryer, less sticky and smudgy), this is half the price. Like Buxom, it is comfortable to wear and causes NO irritation whatsoever. That is huge for me. I think this retails for $9.99 (a bit pricey IMO), but I got it for 40% off from Drugstore.com, which made the price as cheap as any other drugstore mascara. I am happy and I would buy this again, especially if it were on sale. If you have super sensitive eyes, give it a try! If you have normal eyes and were interested in this for the lash boosting properties, I think the Rimmel Lash Accelerator might be better.

on 10/18/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been using this lash boosting mascara for over a year now, and I have no reason to switch to anything else. I always look for makeup with natural ingredients, and am so glad to have found a mascara that is natural, works great, average price and is widely available.

I didn't always like this mascara; it used to not hold the curl as well as the jumbo mascara by PF. I also consistently noticed it smudge, so I just stopped using it on my lower lashes. I use eye cream and a concealer under my eyes, so I figured that this makes it easier for mascara to smudge. The top lashes look great, though - and now I have no issues with this mascara not holding the curl. It lasts all day.

This mascara gives me length, volume, doesn't clump or flake. It's a nice, deep black color. I did also notice my lashes get thicker, but for some reason more on one eye than another. Nevertheless, I believe that it works. I don't have issues with it not ever really drying. Overall, it's a great natural mascara, and I enjoy using it, knowing that all the ingredients are gentle. And it's always so easy to take off in the shower!

I've had my tube for about 5 months now and it will likely work until the end of the year. I got a feeling this mascara dries in the tube faster than other mascaras, maybe because it doesn't have all the synthetic preservatives, as other mascaras. But I think the time just flies by for me. It lasts for a long time. I will keep buying it.

*** *** ***
Edit 12/9/12: I'm sorry, I actually had it for 3 months at the time of the review. I did just finish it, as it became a bit more dry and took more time to put on. I could still stretch it out probably for couple of weeks, but no more. 5 months is great for a mascara, I think. I recently saw bonus packs in Walmart, where there was two tubes for the price of one. I got two packs!

*** *** ***
Edit 7/26/13: I am now on my final tube from those two two-packs I got last December. I enjoy using this mascara, particularly how it gives length and volume, its gentle all-natural conditioning, and how easily it comes off in the shower. However, I am now pursuing a different mascara for a number of reasons.

The main reason I am switching is because it is not waterproof. With the humid Summer this mascara has been smudging easier. My eyes will randomly water every day, and I always have a small streak or two. I also can't put mascara on my lower lashes, because it will always smudge. Another reason is that the mascara practically does not hold the curl. I am unsure why I previously said that it did; I think I was satisfied with the way my eyelashes looked (not completely stick-straight as normal, if I didn't curl them). The price is average for most mascaras, and for an all-natural product I can't complain. If it was a waterproof formula, I would most likely still be buying it. I am changing the "would buy it again" to "no" because I am on the fence about it. Because of the lack of the waterproof version, I am giving it 4/5 stars now.

on 10/8/2012 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara doesn't hurt my eyes, like most do. It goes on nicely, and stays on during the day. The packaging is so cute, and is good to use, it doesn't make it harder to apply. Its easy to remove in the shower, or with a wet cotton pad, no chemicals needed.

It can sometimes flake a little bit under my eyes after a few hours when its a bit warm. I've used it for over five months, and the quality is degrading a bit, but thats expected since it doesn't have all the preservatives added.

on 10/1/2012 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mascara, because after 4 weeks of using Maybelline Illegal Lash Fibers my eyelashes literally fell out. My thought was that this is organic, no synthetics, plus it claims to boost eyelash growth. I wanted something gentle and pure until at least my eyelashes grow back, and if it boosted lash growth all the more better. I do not get length or volume from this mascara. Also it pulls the curl out of what lashes I have left. It's a wet formula and it never seems to really dry completely on my lashes. If I touch my lashes throughout the day, it will smudge even on my finger, but oddly enough it does not smudge too bad under my eyes. The container is a bit cumbersome at first, very bulky, and it took a few attempts to get used to the brush (poked myself in the eye a couple of times). This product smells better than most mascaras and it does deliver a dark black shade. I have been using this mascara for better than a week and so far I have not noticed lash boosting results, but like I mentioned before I lost nearly every single eyelash on my left eye from mid-eye to the outer corner. I will continue to use this until at least my lashes start to grow back, but I don't think I'll re-purchase. So, all in all it's not a horrible mascara, but it's certainly not would I would classify as great mascara either. It may be a good product for those gals with long, thick lashes and are interested in taking the natural route with mascara.
**EDIT**
I've been using this mascara now for approximately 3 months. The areas in which I lost lashes have have grown in nicely and I'm fortunately not suffering any further lash loss, so in short I believe this mascara has definitely halted the eyelash loss. I can't say that I've noticed that my current lashes are growing any longer or thicker. One coat of this mascara imparts a natural look. 3 coats and I have luxuriously long and thick lashes. I don't have bad issues with clumping, as some reviewers have noticed. The brush seems to nicely pull out any form of clumps. This mascara will smudge a bit under the eyes, but then again I have this issue with many different mascara's. If I put a bit of powder in the outer area under the eye where I tend to get smudges, it helps with the smudging. This mascara also washes off very easily, therefore preventing any kind of rough removal from the lashes. As stated above, I love the fact that this mascara is pure and natural. I will continue to use!

on 9/20/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Too bad this didn't work for me. It is my first organic mascara and a total waste of $17 CAD. Oh well, organic mascara isn't as necessary since it isn't supposed to go on the skin. I loved the way it made my lashes look, but it smudged too much. I always had a lower rim of mascara marks under my eyes. Even when I put powder under my eyes, it helped, but not enough. It comes off very easily with water.

on 8/26/2012 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG mascara. Makes my lashes look totally fake, in a good way. Be warned though it is NOT waterproof and will come off easily with water (which I personally like, makes it easier to take off at night haha). Also it does sting my eyes.. but I hardly ever get it in my eyes anyway. I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 mostly because the price is a little too much imo.. otherwise i'd give it a 5 because it works so well on my lashes. I recommend it.

on 8/26/2012 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

doesn't sting my eyes and doesn't smell bad. No clumping. I don't think it's making my lashes grow, but thats ok because it doesn't hurt to wear it.