July 29, 2014 | 524 users online

Bronzers - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Bronzer - Bikini Contest

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I have never found a drugstore bronzer that I loved. I've tried everything from Physicians Formula, NYC Sunny, Rimmel and etc. My HG bronzer was Nars Casino. I found this one day while walking through Walgreens when it first came out and picked it up on a whim. When I ran out of my Nars I decided to start trying this one out. I've been using this everyday for almost 3 weeks and I have no complaints at all. I absolutely love this bronzer, and it is now my new HG bronzer. I can't even imagine going back to the Nars bronzer, especially when im saving so much money. I haven't tried the other two shades, I heard the lightest one is a good highlighter so I may pick it up in the near future cause im always looking for new highlighters. I can see if you are paler complected that this powder might be a little too dark. For me it's perfect though, im in an NC40 in MAC for reference. I haven't hit pan yet at all, and the pan is HUGE. So besides the amazing price, your getting a good amount of product as well. Definitely check it out if your looking for a new bronzer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

(Written from cell phone, sorry if paragraph formatting is "off") I bought all 3 of these bronzers because for the price they are huge and there were only 2 of each in the display. I agree with everything the reviewer below said. I too want a bronzer with a red undertone. Nothing else looks natural on me. Almost all bronzers really seem like peach/terra cotta colored pwders to me which is why you will see many reviews for bronzers in my profile. I keep buying them hoping to find one that suits me. I bought a Bobbi Brown bronzer as a birthday gift to myself and like it a lot. I only bought something so costly because her medium bronzer is red based. For years I only bought Revlon Sun bronzer which I loved because it had a red base so looked like an actual touch of sun on me. It was disontinued sadly for me. I have been using this all week and really liking the effect. Its not matte like the BB one though it is not shimmery per se, no particles nor frost. But it is luminous, glowy. I have actually been reaching for this instead od my BB for days. I didn't like previous WnW bronzers on me. Too chalky for my dry skin, ended up splotchy. Also the color was too broken terra cotta pots-dusty too. The lightest shade of this is in no way a bronzer for my very fair olive skin. Though its a light pale beige Tor dark ivory), its not got any bronze tone to it. Makes a fine highlighter on eyes or face and again, inexpensive plus so much product. One caveat is the product is very soft. The other bronze shade (has a gold undertone), broke immediatly so I exchanged it and the 2nd broke before I got it home though it was not dropped. Thankfully this has not dropped nor broken on its own. However I traveled this weekend and placed it in a bubble wrap envelope within my makeup case, just in case. I should add on my warm toned, medium brown eyes, this is a good crease color. I have yet to try the other bronze shade, will place it in a sifter container since its in pieces. This is a winner, from the price, under $5.00 US, the size, 0.46 oz or net 13g, to the shade. Also finely milled so no splotches. Looks nice on the decollatage too to insure my face and neck/chest area are the same tone and I only use powders with an spf there. I am not seeing this in Walgreens anymore and have never seen it in other stores, wish I had a backup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a hard time finding a bronzer i can tolerate. most are way too shimmery and look ridiculous on anyone over 25. a lot are too orange/gold. this bronzer, though, is different. i got the color "bikini contest". it's NOT shimmery or frosty. it's NOT orange. it's a nice, brick/bronze color that goes on with the color of a tan with a touch of sunburn. maybe that sounds weird, but that's exactly what i was looking for. it is very highly pigmented, so the first time i put it on, i put on too much. when i reapplied a much lighter application it looked AWESOME. i'm 43, so at my age, you can't get away with the rave-girl teeny bopper look--OR the ridiculous orange-faced jersey shore thing. this looks VERY natural and very attractive. it just subtly ENHANCES, which to me is what a bronzer is supposed to do. the only other bronzer i liked was laura geller's "bronze n' brighten", which had a similar color/application. but the LG product is $35. THIS is $5 for a GIANT compact (i'm sure you could use this as a body bronzer, too). got it at walgreens. i'll be going back to grab a couple more just because you know they'll eventually D/C this. good stuff. and at $5 you can afford to try it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No