April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Vital BB Cream SPF50++ Hot Orange Label

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by vanessakwon

I love this product. Gives a beautiful aprÍncia. Since I have many pimples he covers well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had such high hopes for this product, but unfortunately I was left disappointed. I'll start with the positives though. I ordered this from a seller on Amazon for $11.99 (plus a few dollars shipping), so the price was great - especially for the huge amount of product you get! I absolutely *LOVE* the packaging! It just looks really nice and classy to me, and I love the pump. This BB Cream felt wonderful when I applied it. It felt very smooth and moisturizing and soothing. You really only do need a very small amount of product to do your whole face! I loved that it provided medium to full coverage. I actually didn't have to apply concealer under my eyes or on the redness around my nose! No foundation has even been able to pull that off before. After I first applied I had the typical BB Cream death mask; however it only took about 5 minutes for it to melt into my skin and look totally natural and radiant. I was so thrilled the first time I used it and was sure I'd found a new love. Also, the color matched my NC15/NARS Gobi skin absolutely perfectly. That in itself was fairly miraculous. I actually liked the way this BB Cream smelled... It reminded me of Shiseido's Sun Protection foundation only not as strong. To me it's a bit of a baby lotion or baby wipes smell mixed with sunscreen. I know that sounds weird, but I really do like it. It's not florally or perfumey which is what really bothers me. The scent dissipates very quickly after application. It lasted the whole day on me.

Now for the negatives. I said that I loved the packaging - and I really do - but it's not the most convenient product to put in your makeup bag for the day, or to travel with. There's no lock on the pump and no cap for the nozzle. So if you have it in a bag and the pump accidentally gets pushed, you will have product everywhere. That's not a huge deal for me personally though. I have two main complaints about this BB Cream: 1. After a very short period of time it made my pores look HUGE, and 2. It makes my skin itch. When I first applied this yesterday I noticed that after just a couple hours the pores on my face just looked massive up-close. I had only applied a light moisturizer that morning before applying the BB Cream, so I thought today I'd try using a primer underneath as well. Didn't make a difference. They were still huge. It's very strange... I don't think any type of face coverage product has ever done that to me before. Then there was the itching.... I didn't really notice it yesterday until later at night when I was about to take my makeup off for bed. It just suddenly started itching like crazy! Then today (second time wearing it) it basically started itching right away and gradually got worse as the day went on. I never ended up with any bumps or rashes or other visible irritation but the itching was SO annoying. I actually went home on my lunch break today so I could wash my face and put something else on it. I tried a sample of a Missha BB Cream I received a while back, and the itching has stopped. A couple other issues I had with it was dryness. By afternoon yesterday the product looked like it had "cracked" a little on my nose and I had a few other dry looking areas elsewhere on my face. It also caked up in some places, but that was probably my own fault for applying too much product. It's so easy to overapply because it goes on so smooth and lightweight. Also the product *is* advertised for those with oily or combination skin, so that's kind of my own fault. My skin is fairly normal but does have a tendency to dry out easily. I can't fault the product for that.

I was so disappointed that this didn't work for me. I might give my skin a few days to recover from the itchies and then try it again and apply much less product. I just can't understand how such a full coverage, mostly matte product could make my pores look so ginormous, especially with a pore-smoothing primer underneath! I'd like to try other Skin79 BB Creams but I'd probably try samples first because I'm afraid they'd make me itch, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by nightpolitik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because Shaaanxo on youtube raves about it, and she has mentioned that she has dry skin (in her older videos. Now she says he skin is fine with anything). I also bought it because it was the palest I could find swatched online.

Color- perfect for me (NC 15 is a little dark for my winter skin, and the reason I'm buying new makeup is because mixing the white face and body is ruining the consistency of other foundations. Looking for a perfect fit).

Coverage- I ALWAYS moisturize, because my skin is parched, constantly. I put this on with my fingers as I have seen people on youtube doing. It sort of covered my blemishes. I didn't want to cake it on, so I then put on my NC15 prolongwear over top with a kabuki. By the end of my 12 hour shift, my blemishes were poorly covered

Finish- initially very nice, and then dried to absolute CHALK. Not good for dry skin.

Will be selling this as I was using the sample I got sent. Don't think BB cream is in my future.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by emstx

At first, I was disturbed by the cakey appearance I had with this product when I applied it with my foundation and powders. This was how I used the Pink label because it was way too dark/ashy for my skin tone (I'm a NW15, but also use NC15 on occasion). However, after reading reviews about how to properly apply this BB cream, with moisturizer and primer underneath, I am very well pleased with the look. I would have to say that it is too yellow when first applied to my skin, but it oxidizes quickly enough and it matches it nicely. I am happy to have an actual BB cream versus a tinted moisturizer masquerading as one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG for me! I LOVE this BB Cream! It's everything one could want in a BB cream if one is very light skinned, needs good SPF (50+ is good and UVA/UVB) and you want full coverage.

This gives me absolutely FLAWLESS skin! It covers every freckle, age spot, any imperfection (how DID I get a scratch in the middle of my forehead, I don't even HAVE a cat?) that one could have (yes, I was serious about the mystery scratch).

This does NOT make my very dry skin appear dry at all, a real miracle. I DO have to apply this over a moisturizer. I have to apply everything over a moisturizer and many products STILL just sink into every dry area (Mt Rushmore face anyone?)

So, my regimen. First I wash my face with a gentle cleanser or, if not really soiled, just use warm water and a cloth. Then I apply a small amount of L'Oreal Age Perfect Golden Balm. Then usually (if not summer, when I am a LITTLE oilier) a small amount of (high glycerin content, same prime ingredient as Algenist at $90) Avon Moisture Therapy Hand Cream (yes, on my face...makes it smooth as a babys butt).

Next up MISSHA M BB Boomer. Small amount, nickle size covers face, neck and upper chest. Perfect under ANY Korean BB cream, IF you are light skinned enough that the light glow is o.k. with your skin tone. Works with mine. Really, check my pic, it's NOT a trick of the camera, all that white is me. Completely eliminates any imperfections, any pores that are enlarged (both cheeks right by my nose), blurs other imperfections.

Now wait 30 seconds...and then Skin79 Triple Functions Vital BB Cream. You only need a LITTLE bit. A nickle size amount will completely cover most of your face. Dot to each side of nose, on chin and on forehead and blend out and up. I can even use this under my eyes and it does NOT accentuate any fine lines and wrinkles. An equal amount to ones neck and upper chest area.

This is buildable if need be. If you do not get full coverage, wait 30 seconds or so and add small dots and blend evenly. I find that I can pat with a clean ring finger and get good results. Some people prefer a blending brush (concealer brush). I have not had this streak on me (have had that problem with MISSHA Perfect Cover when adding more) and the coverage is absolutely flawless, I mean airbrushed flawless.

***A side Note on SPF, you will want a thin but even coverage of this product to your entire face and neck and upper chest (if exposed) if counting on it to cover these areas for SPF. It has physical sunblockers titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. I suggest using a separate SPF cream if you are unsure that you are getting full and even coverage or you will not have adequate sun protection.

I find the result to be slightly dewy, not disco ball only slightly, like fresh and wrinkle free. I've had a LOT of complements on how "nice" my skin looked and how "well rested" I looked (covers those dark circles under eyes) while wearing this. I've had people who knew me tell me that I looked "younger" (yes, you have to know one well to say that) and want to know what I was doing "different"?

I find that I can use either cream or even powder blushes over this. That is quite a feat since I had about written off powder blush. But I have been able to use some of those nice TOO Faced powder blushes in my kits and they do not look dry when wearing this BB cream.

I don't go for matt looks as they invariably end up looking dry on me, but a fine dusting of transluscent powder will get you completely matt coverage (undertaken in the name of science).

I do have to agree with the reviewer below who said that she cringes when she sees darker skinned girls sporting this. Don't do it! I give it 5 lippies for very light skinned to fair skinned persons. It only comes in one shade. I'd take a lippie off for that if it just weren't so darn perfect for us pale people. And that is just it. It IS so perfect for pale people. The ONE Korean BB cream that is really, really full coverage, high SPF AND perfect for REALLY pale skinned persons with very dry skin. Hard to find, so just had to give it 5 lippies.

So, in short, I am recommending this for: Really light skinned persons who require a high SPF, full coverage and those with dry skin. Caveat, must use a moisturizer with this for very dry skin. But, unlike some BB creams, DOES work well with a moisturizer under it,

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

**EDIT: This is my official HG face product. This blew all my foundations, TMs, and other BB creams out of the water. My best friend commented that my face looks a lot brighter and better with this on :) It doesn't have an obvious makeup look at all like foundations do. I think the skincare benefits are there; I had a breakout in the morning, and by the time I washed my face it dried out and my skin looked healthier, softer and brighter.

**EDIT #2: If anyone is curious about the shade but don't have any local shops to swatch this, colour-wise it is very similar to Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation in 150 Buff. Side by side, Whipped is just slightly more golden. On the face, the Skin79 applies paler. I think the high titanium dioxide content accounts for why it is so much whiter than Colorstay Whipped when applied to the face. On MUA reviews on the Whipped, Buff is commonly matched with NC15. Hope this helps :)

**EDIT #3: I've changed my mind. The wear and finish of this product is completely dependent on the condition of your skin that day. If you have flakier skin, it will emphasize all that by noon and look like a sloppy mess by the end of the day. Some days it looks amazing, but those are the days when there is a perfect canvas to work with. If you don't have especially flakey/dehydrated or super oily skin, this will work out for you. Bumping this down to 4 lippies (if I could, I'd give it a 3.5).

Claims of this BB cream (from the Skin79 website): "Upgraded Sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection SPF50. Strengthen's skin NMF and maintain balanced skin condition. Osmopur-N and Vital-V Complex soothe and protect skin from harmful environments for a moisturized, healthy skin."

Price: I got this for $30 WHICH is not the best price you can get this for, but I think it was a relatively good price compared to other places. However, I wish I had bought this on eBay for $14! Please take my suggestion and buy it from there if you want the best bang for your buck (if you live outside of Korea anyways).

Colour: To be honest, if you're darker than an NC20 and plan to use it on its own as a normal base product, I suggest you to look into another BB cream. I kind of wince when I see tanned girls wearing this BB cream on Google search; they look so ashy! I suppose if you really want to try this BB cream you can just wear it as a primer or mix it in with something else though. I'm an NC17 and this definitely is NC10-NC15 upon application; I looked ghastly! This DID oxidize to suit my skintone, but I think the effect would be rather jarring if again, you are darker than NC20. There is not as much leniency for oxidation here compared to other BB creams. This BB cream is light beige with soft yellow undertones, which are perfect for me. There is some greyness to it but it is VERY slight. It was barely undetectable until I compared my [yellow] arm next to my face. The colour did make my skin look brightened, very beautiful and "clean"-looking.

Finish: This BB cream sets as a satin finish. It is slightly dewy, but not shiny. There are no shimmer particles in this, which is a big plus. After 8 hours, despite the oil shyly peaking through my combination skin, it maintained a lit-from-within glow. I found the oil control to be very good, on par with my Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation. Very strange how my BB cream showed the very first signs of breaking down, but didn't appear as if it was melting off my face. Minus the slightly amped up emphasis on my flakies, I thought the effect was so beautiful. If you have dry areas, make sure to moisturize them very well prior to using this.
**EDIT: The oil verdict is... on my combination skin, I start to get obviously shiny/oily around the 8-9 hour mark, without any blotting and powdering midday :) Also with no ugly "oil breakdown". HUGE thumbs up!

Coverage: This BB cream is VERY concentrated; I would say it is easily a medium-to-full coverage. I don't need concealer when I use this. I use fingers to apply this because I don't really need to maximize the coverage with other brushes, though I think that you can also sheer this out with a damp sponge. I think that using a damp sponge to apply this would work better for dry skin types so there is a little more added moisture. Compared to other BB creams, I don't find this one particularly moisturizing. I would also like to note that PATTING this in works so much better than just buffing and massaging this into the skin; this way, it emphasizes less of the texture of your skin.

Packaging: Very sturdy, cylindrical orange canister that comes with a gold pump. I have no complaints about this. However, I had previously used the Skin79 Hot Pink BB Cream in the past and I know that the nozzle can get clogged after awhile, but I am not sure if the problem still persists. Just a heads up!
**EDIT: The pump squirts out WAY too much product in one go! Please use with caution! I use a little less than 1/2 of a pump for my whole face and neck including touching up on dark circles, red areas, pimples, etc. I was flabbergasted at the amount of product I had wasted that day :(

Who I think this would suit:
-anyone between an NC10-20
-combination to oily skin types
-someone who lives in humid climates
-someone with softer yellow undertones; if you are very yellow, this may be tolerable but probably not THE best choice (better than the standard "pink-grey" BB cream)
-anyone who likes medium-to-high coverage

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by TheRedDeluge

I love this stuff. I ordered in online when I was in the States, but now that I am abroad where there is a Skin79 store, I know to buy more. I am not a fan of foundations so I decided to try a BB cream. This is great and the color is perfect for me. I am very pale and many American products are too pink for me. I love that it has a high SPF and I think it has improved the texture of my skin. I wear it with a primer to keep it from melting off in the heat of Southeast Asia. Love it! I think you should definitely try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by VickiiL

Before I start with the actual review, I'll state this briefly: I'm Asian, NC20, Yellow undertone and depending on the weather then I'll either be oily or normal, but generally, I have fairly normal skin.

I got this product for about $15 USD so basically it was a bargain ^^ The packaging was neat and simple (Chic, almost?) and the fact that you can open the lid will actually save you money rather than buying another one when you think that it has ran out. Immediately after receiving it, I had to try it on my skin to see what all the fuss was about. Results? It had a powdery finish (funny, because some people claim it to be dewy), dry, cakey and...Slightly disappointing. It was also very pale despite me being an NC20 and my friend looked noticeably whiter with it on.

But to beat it's dryness, I went home and applied a moisturiser then JUST enough of the BB cream to cover my whole face. Now, I can finally see how it turns dewy :) It wasn't as powdery as before which is a thumbs up and the coverage was good. Generally, it would be a medium but if you're willing to build it up then maybe even a full? But that is also when it will become cakey.

Pros:
+Good coverage
+Awesome packaging
+High SPF of 50
+Benefits to the skin
+Slight oil control
+Dewy (or slightly matte)

Cons:
-High SPF also means paler skin
-Fragrance smells weird but tolerated
-Slightly hard to spread without moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by sasie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For reference I am ppp - Chanel 0.5, mac 15, Laura Mercier Porcelain-with combo skin, very noticeable pores and,at 43,still getting hormonal breakouts. I've tried 4 of the skin79 BB creams-orange, pink gold and snail, and to varying degrees I've liked them all. Gold is my fave for everyday use as I live in the UK, so generally its cold and I need the extra moisture, but orange is my absolute essential when I go anywhere hot. I have to wear makeup as my skin looks pretty crappy without, but when its warm it starts to sink into pores/fine lines, and just looks vile-even so, I never thought I would venture out of the house in just a BB cream! My regime when I use this is as follows; moisturize, then a bit of clinique instant perfector in the more pore-y areas, then the BB cream. I apply it with my fingers like a foundation. As its spf50 and doubles up as my sunscreen, I make sure I cover my entire face. I then use a bit of concealer on any pink spots, and a touch of MAC blot powder on my T zone.Using this technique, 'my face' lasts all day, it doesn't migrate or oxidize -even when i was in Seville at 40+ degrees-I don't even need to blot! When I'm away I wear this every day for up to a fortnight, and its never broken me out-and I have skin that hates all foundation except Clinique anti blemish. I also think this has made a difference to the clarity of my skin-my husband has even noticed :-) You get a hefty 40g of this product, and the hygienic pump dispenser is really easy to control-no unexpected and wasteful splurges! Heartily recommended to pale, oil-prone people.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by prblms4loki

Definitely a drier formulation than other BB creams I have tried. This bb cream is meant for oily skin, and the formulation makes that very clear. Every cream I have tried has resulted in a shiny looking result after I apply if I do not powder. This one dries down quickly, and looks satiny (but not shiny) almost immediately. I tried wearing this by itself, but as it is winter, it was not the best fit for me right now. Currently, I am using this mixed with a more moisturizing bb cream, and it is controlling the oil while providing enough moisture. I would try this cream again in the summer by itself, but I would not recommend it if you have normal-dry skin. This is definitely one that is meant for the oily skinned gals.

For reference, I still do use a powder on top of it to set - a colored powder. The shading on this is definitely more yellow toned than pink/neutral toned, but achieves neutral tone when it sets for a bit. It lasts pretty evenly, but can cause flakes/dryness if your skin is already dry and you wear it for an entire day. I will use what I have left, but I will likely not repurchase.