Suave Keratin Infusion Leave-In Conditioner

4.3

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycerin, Fragrance, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Petrolatum, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Disodium EDTA, TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Mica (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

on 8/24/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm a leave-in FIEND. I've tried so many leave-ins it's not even funny- serums, conditioners, gels, blahblah. I guess I'm just not afraid to try different products seeing as my hair can handle it. I have a small collection of leave-ins I rotate with, and Suave's Keratin leave-in has joined the ranks. I guess my hair just loves its noms, and this one is no exception.
Let's get this out of the way first- we all know and love/hate the fragrance. It is STRONG, it is PERFUMEY, and it's even slightly masculine. So, if you're sensitive to fragrances (i.e. they give you migranes or make you sick in some way), then just stay away from this leave-in, and the entire Suave Keratin line in general. It's powerful, and it's gonna linger in your hair for hours. That being said, in my opinion, I personally like it. It's like hair cologne. (And yeeeeah, I know, strong fragrances usually indicate harsh ingredients, but I've been using this for a while and haven't had any dryness or harsh effects.) Oh, and the packaging is kind of masculine too. Well, just not very feminine. It's just... functional and unisex. I like it.
Okay. Onto the actual product.
I have so much love for this as a conditioner. After I wash and detangle my hair, spreading this through my wet strands is an absolute dream. It's so creamy, without being overly rich, and it keeps the beast smooth during the air-drying process. When my thick, dry, curly hair is finally dry, it's left full, healthy, soft, smooth and shiny. I can't comment on how well it works as a heat defense conditioner (as it's marketed on the bottle), considering I haven't used a heat tool on my hair since a wedding I was in last April, but if it leaves air-dried hair this smooth, I'm sure it would be lovely as a blow-drying/straightening aid.
If you're looking for a leave-in that's decently moisturizing, not too heavy, and most importantly keeps your hair looking and feeling healthy, I highly suggest giving this a try. It's another gem from Suave- which also means it's cheap, too! :D

on 8/18/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is a bit different than most of these reviews - chin length. This is targeted, as all keratin products are, to treated hair, which mine is not. I have dry, wavy hair that is prone to breakage. This works very well for me if I use a dime sized amount & air dry or blow dry (I usually just air dry for time sake - it defines waves quite nicely). Also, it does not seem to weigh my hair down, like a lot of products tend to do. I will definitely repurchase this!

on 8/17/2012 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Godsend. I have chemically relaxed hair that needs all sorts of moisture and this does the trick. I mix it with Zero Frizz serum in my damp hair and by itself when it dries. I've been using it for four months and my hair is softer, thicker and healthier.

on 7/26/2012 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Love this product! Read the reviews here & decided to try. Glad I did, it's a great product. Was BOGO free at Walgreens, so I paid only $3.49. Smells good & leaves my hair smooth & healthy. You don't need very much. Will continue to buy for sure. It's so cheap it's worth trying.

on 7/23/2012 10:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I am so glad that I decided to try the Suave Keratin products! I use the shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner and serum. Although I love all of the products, I am writing for the leave-in conditioner because I feel that this product has helped my hair the best. I first wash my hair with the shampoo and conditioner from the line. I apply the leave-in conditioner after my hair is partially towel dried, then I blow dry my hair with a large round brush. This product leaves my hair very smooth and soft. After styling, I run a small amount of the serum through my hair with my hands to add the extra shine and ward off the "frizzies". I have found that even in humid weather, this product has worked to keep my hair frizz free and smooth. Since using these products, I have received lots of compliments- even my husband commented on how great my hair looked. A lot of people are surprised to find that I use Suave products to get such great results. The products are very inexpensive (purchased each at $3.49, plus they were on sale for B1G1F)! At this price, it is really worth trying! I have a feeling these products will be my "go to" for a long time.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my new antidote for summer frizzies! I have very curly, long hair that is color treated and very thick. I bought this due to the rave reviews on MA, and I'm very impressed with it. Super cheap and smells great(woodsy floral scent). I apply it while hair is wet and it makes a good detangler when I use it in conjunction with a wide tooth comb. The only downfall is it straightens my natural curl a bit, but I think this line of products is supposed to do that. Overall, I've noticed a big improvement in my hair, I've used it consistently for a week and my hair looks shinier, stronger, and less frizzy. Make sure to only apply this to your hair shaft and avoid the roots because it will make them greasy! I focus this product mainly on my ends and it smooths split ends very well.

on 7/21/2012 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was buy one get one free at Walgreens, so I said why not? My hair was really frizzing up, so I went out at lunch and got this with the shine serum. Very pleased- I used this on wet hair and blow dry and follow up with an electric brush. This has kept my hair very smooth through some of the worst humidity.

on 6/24/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had to change my review on this product. The first or second time that I used it, I liked it but then my hair started looking dull and frizzy again. I think the built up is more than what I expected. I would not recommend this. I love the shampoo and conditioner but this is not a good product.

on 6/20/2012 6:52:00 PM

I was actually surprised that a product such as this, priced so low (I paid 3.99), could work this well! I have a Coppola Keratin treatment and use the Coppola color care shampoo/conditioner. Although I have the Coppola Keratin leave in to put on my hair after washing, I started looking around for another leave in because I felt that the Coppola leave in wasn't working for me. I found the reviews on the Suave products about 2 months ago and ignored them because I didn't think a product from Suave would work on Keratin treated hair. I was wrong! I bought it last week after a friend referred it ot me and have used it 2 times so far. The results have left my hair super shiny and very soft/manageable. I can see where others who have reviewed the product make a note to only use it sparingly as it would most likely weigh your hair down. It is very concentrated in my opinion. I bought 2 more bottles because I have heard that it has or will be discontinued.

on 5/26/2012 11:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pretty pleased with this product. I use it as a leave-in after I detangle. I generally let my length air dry, and this is surprisingly perfect for it. It adds a little definition while adding softness and moderate frizz control. It's really humid where I live so I have to follow up with another anti-frizz serum, but I have to use notably less. Great smell, too.