Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm

3.7

on 3/24/2013 3:18:00 PM

Great-looking skin! I have sensitive skin so Marcelle's hypoallergenic makeup is perfect. This BB cream goes on easily. It's very light for everyday use. Does not look cakey - ever. It will not cover blemishes but it will even out your tone and give you a dewy glow. I find it a tad yellowish but it works for my skin tone. Only problem is that it makes my oily skin look even more oily so I have to wear extra powder on top. It's great for my dry areas though! Feels like moisturizer when you put it on. For evenings I put concealer over it and use it as a base.
TRY the BB Cream to Powder if you don't like the oily look of this one. I carry it in my purse for easy application through the day. Love it!

on 3/21/2013 3:27:00 AM

3 times and still will buy another one

on 3/17/2013 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Generally, I would give this product a 4.5 but that's not an option, so I'll give it a 5. (:
I bought this at London Drugs for about $20 (including tax) on sale. I got the light - medium, and it's perfect for my skin. It's a light consistency (which I love!), contrast to Garnier BB Creams I've tried. It goes on as the same shade as my Asian skin, and it stays through a day of school. I haven't suffered any breakouts from the product (I have acne anyways) but my T-zone still gets oily, though I assume it's a natural occurrence given my skin type.
It's a light coverage, so I can use it everyday, but I don't usually build it because it's not that moisturizing. I wish it was a bit thicker though. Instead of really improving my colour, I find that it evens it out a bit more. I usually use it with some concealer underneath it for my acne and scars.
Overall, A good product for everyday but not so much for coverage. Another thing to note is that you can't tell how much product you have left!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The light bb cream is too dark for my skin, however i can usually tone it down by adding a bit more moisturizer. It applies nicely, has decent coverage and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I don't believe it has done much for me in terms of improving my skin, so I will not repurchase.

on 3/10/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product at my local shoppers drug mart, retails around $22+ tax. It's a bit pricey compared to the other drug store brand BB creams, but I decided to purchase it because it is hypoallergenic and non-commodogenic. I've been skeptical about trying out foundations because of my acne-prone, oily/ combination skin therefore I thought a good step would be an Americanized BB cream. I found this cream to have light to (buildable) medium coverage. I have the medium to dark colour and I use this product in combination with my physician's formula mineralized powder (buff beige). Overall I am satisfied with this product, the only thing is that on areas of my face where I have dry spots from the winter months I would see caking. An easy fix, I just apply my Avene moisturizer.
Packaging is awesome! Hygienic and you can easily control the amount of product you want squirted out. If you find that the product is spitting out of the nozzle, just simply store the item in an upright position rather than laying it flat. =)

on 3/7/2013 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Im honestly in love with this BB Cream. Its way better than the maybelline, revlon,loreal & garnier one. Its is pricey though, where i buy it, its $22 dollars. They only have 2 shades & be sure to check the packaging top for the color, it does not say on the front.I got mine in obviously light to medium. My skin is dry so its hard to wear foundation, it always ends up looking cakey & gross. This when first applied looks too orange on me but quickly settles to my skin tone. It leaves my face feeling smooth & doesnt look cakey at all. I havent noticed that it broke me out but then again i never really get zits anymore.They have another BB Cream too(In pink packaging), I havent tried it yet though.

on 3/3/2013 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go to bb cream and/or light coverage foundation. I have very oily skin and I find this to be great, though I haven't used it in the middle of summer and I like to apply powder overtop. It claims 8 in 1 multi-benefits and well I am can not say I have experienced all of them it is a very nice light moisturizer that also helps even out my skin tone on days I don't want heavy makeup- most days. I use the light shade and it works perfectly for my skin colour. I love that this is hypo-allergenic, perfume free and paraben free. Recommend all to find this in many Canadian stores or amazon and try it. Love this Canadian brand

on 2/26/2013 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great matte bb cream

on 1/15/2013 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The reason why I bought the product is because a friend of mine was raving about it, saying it's perfect, blends like a dream, hydrates blah blah blah blah blah.

It sucks.

I found the lightest shade too dark for me and inadequate when it came to covering imperfections which resulted in me using more to cover up. As I wore it throughout the day it got greasy and made my face look really oily (which it isn't) and no amount of setting powder or oil-absorbing sheets could help me. To be fair I tried using less (when I didn't need to go out to cover up) to see if the problem was me using too much, but the results were the same. A big oily mess. This of course led to me getting more breakouts so the only thing I could do was stop using it and try something else. Also when you pump the stuff out of the package, it splatters all over so be careful when using it!!

I didn't find this was the best product...I really wanted to like it, but I just didn't. The lightest shade was too dark for me for starters. I also found it went incredibly greasy after a few hours - this is unusual for me because I have dry skin - I usually have a problem finding products that don't make my face look flakey. Not only that, it gave me whiteheads! So strange. About a week after I stopped using it, my skin was clearing up again. Arg.

It has more coverage than a tinted moisturizer and a nice texture (initially) but really was just not what I was looking for.

PS. About the packaging, if you don't stand it on its lid - the pump will splatter you with product when you go to use it (meaning: this cannot be left laying down in a makeup bag)...you have been warned!