July 24, 2014 | 1897 users online

BB Cream - Marcelle - BB Cream Beauty Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by PrincessZelda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The light bb cream is too dark for my skin, however i can usually tone it down by adding a bit more moisturizer. It applies nicely, has decent coverage and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I don't believe it has done much for me in terms of improving my skin, so I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by angeljoy86

I purchased this product at my local shoppers drug mart, retails around $22+ tax. It's a bit pricey compared to the other drug store brand BB creams, but I decided to purchase it because it is hypoallergenic and non-commodogenic. I've been skeptical about trying out foundations because of my acne-prone, oily/ combination skin therefore I thought a good step would be an Americanized BB cream. I found this cream to have light to (buildable) medium coverage. I have the medium to dark colour and I use this product in combination with my physician's formula mineralized powder (buff beige). Overall I am satisfied with this product, the only thing is that on areas of my face where I have dry spots from the winter months I would see caking. An easy fix, I just apply my Avene moisturizer.
Packaging is awesome! Hygienic and you can easily control the amount of product you want squirted out. If you find that the product is spitting out of the nozzle, just simply store the item in an upright position rather than laying it flat. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by amberj2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im honestly in love with this BB Cream. Its way better than the maybelline, revlon,loreal & garnier one. Its is pricey though, where i buy it, its $22 dollars. They only have 2 shades & be sure to check the packaging top for the color, it does not say on the front.I got mine in obviously light to medium. My skin is dry so its hard to wear foundation, it always ends up looking cakey & gross. This when first applied looks too orange on me but quickly settles to my skin tone. It leaves my face feeling smooth & doesnt look cakey at all. I havent noticed that it broke me out but then again i never really get zits anymore.They have another BB Cream too(In pink packaging), I havent tried it yet though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by carmyk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to bb cream and/or light coverage foundation. I have very oily skin and I find this to be great, though I haven't used it in the middle of summer and I like to apply powder overtop. It claims 8 in 1 multi-benefits and well I am can not say I have experienced all of them it is a very nice light moisturizer that also helps even out my skin tone on days I don't want heavy makeup- most days. I use the light shade and it works perfectly for my skin colour. I love that this is hypo-allergenic, perfume free and paraben free. Recommend all to find this in many Canadian stores or amazon and try it. Love this Canadian brand

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by nomnomloot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great matte bb cream

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Idanna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The reason why I bought the product is because a friend of mine was raving about it, saying it's perfect, blends like a dream, hydrates blah blah blah blah blah.

It sucks.

I found the lightest shade too dark for me and inadequate when it came to covering imperfections which resulted in me using more to cover up. As I wore it throughout the day it got greasy and made my face look really oily (which it isn't) and no amount of setting powder or oil-absorbing sheets could help me. To be fair I tried using less (when I didn't need to go out to cover up) to see if the problem was me using too much, but the results were the same. A big oily mess. This of course led to me getting more breakouts so the only thing I could do was stop using it and try something else. Also when you pump the stuff out of the package, it splatters all over so be careful when using it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't find this was the best product...I really wanted to like it, but I just didn't. The lightest shade was too dark for me for starters. I also found it went incredibly greasy after a few hours - this is unusual for me because I have dry skin - I usually have a problem finding products that don't make my face look flakey. Not only that, it gave me whiteheads! So strange. About a week after I stopped using it, my skin was clearing up again. Arg.

It has more coverage than a tinted moisturizer and a nice texture (initially) but really was just not what I was looking for.

PS. About the packaging, if you don't stand it on its lid - the pump will splatter you with product when you go to use it (meaning: this cannot be left laying down in a makeup bag)...you have been warned!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by CookieX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product ROCKS!
I have been on the search for a foundation that suits my picky tastes for years. Yes, years. I have been from one end of the price spectrum to the other with all stops in between more than once. I always had an issue or two with each one I tried.
I have a form of exema that causes my eyebrow and sides of the nose and mouth to itch and dry out, getting red and flakey. The rest of my face is a nightmare due to a medication that causes excessive sweating. I'm also 37, with some lines digging in. I cannot stand to feel like I'm wearing a mask, I hate chemical smells, but I do need to have some coverage and evening of tone. Being lazy and lax, I hate having to use a heavy moisturizer and primer, then apply foundation. I am difficult to please.
With this product, I am delighted! No irritation, no nasty smell, no cakey feeling. No need to apply primer or a face cream beyond the Olay I use in the morning normally. This goes on smooth, soft, and I have never had so many people compliment my skin on it's "glow"! I usually don't rave on about any product, I have few staples I religiously use...but Marcelle BB in Light/Medium is going to be one from now on. I love the packaging, looks sleek and professional and is easy to use...the only thing that could make this even more perfect is a lighter shade. I can use the Light/medium, but I'm just a bit more fair, especially in winter, so it's not quite a perfect match...but close enough to make me a happy camper and faithful user. I would reccomend this BB cream to anyone with sensitive skin, an aversion to smells and a desire to skip the primer step.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Jessibean

This is the best BB cream I have tried (I've also tried one from L'oreal and Revlon). The only reason it doesn't get five stars, is that the shade selection is so very limited. The light/medium shade is fine for my skintone during the summer, but in the winter it is way too dark :(

the formula is quite good coverage, definitely more than a tinted moisturizer. I didn't find it greasy or oily, and I have combination skin. Honestly I am really sad it doesn't have a lighter shade, because I absolutely love this stuff! Didn't break me out and the pump packaging is awesome. One tube of this lasted me about 6 months of regular use, and although it is a little pricier than most BB creams in the drugstore, it is 1.5 oz while most are only 1.0 oz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: LOVING this with a bit of MUFE HD foundation mixed in!!! edit: absolutely in love with this and buying backups. with the Dr Hauschka bronze concentrate, it's perfect. (as it totally "blanks out" my skin, i need this bronzer to add shape/colour again).
Good news! This now comes in 2 versions, one with SPF, one without. AND another shade--dark to darkest. So to the reviewers who were disappointed at lack of SPF, go ahead and try the new version! :D By the way, contrary to those reviews implying that a BB cream without SPF is an oxymoron--there are PLENTY of Asian BB's out there without SPF. So..yeah/
Anyway, I am so glad there is the option of no SPF. Anything with SPF added to it breaks me out, with a couple of exceptions. I'm sure there'll be people happy to have a version that'll photograph well and they can wear to night events without getting that sunscreen white cast..
It gives a nice finish that's in between dewy and satin. Very natural-looking, yet flawless, like you see on people with good skin.
It REALLY evens out skin well without being mask-like--it totally neutralized all the scar marks I have from acne. It's fabulous, fabulous. Well done Canada! Well thought out packaging, too. All round A+. it's a very neutral colour) so to warm it up I either mix in a bit of liquid bronzer (Dr Hauschka bronze concentrate) or regular foundation or just using a good powder bronzer on cheeks/temples