April 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Keratin Infusion Color Care Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by tigger2438

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo from Pantene rocks! Shampoos and conditioners just haven't been clicking with me lately. They would typically leave my hair dry (and I have oily hair so this is hard to do), frizzy, lifeless and hard to manage. I gave this a shot out of desperation, and to be honest, Suave isn't a brand I typically buy. Although it doesn't make my naturally wavy hair straight, it DOES make it smooth and soft (without being limp). My hair has more body to it and I'm not having to fuss with it all day to get it to look right. It just makes it look and feel more healthy and that's enough for me. I also use the conditioner as well. You can tell even in the shower that your hair feels different, i.e. better. I'm not wild about the sulfates in it, but at least it has the least harsh of the two ALSs in it. So far, a definite winner in my book. My hair hasn't looked this good in a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by eham1126

I love love love this produce. I have thick hair in an longer A-line bob cut. I have a bit of a wave in the back of my hair that I struggle to lay flat. This product left my hair smooth, very shiny, and helped my style lay better. My thick hair laid much smoother and flatter than usual. I loved it! No more fizzy puffiness. Also, I personally loved the smell. I highly recommend. I have bought this product multiple times already! Great with the conditioner too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by dukiegirl3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this shampoo. It doesn't weigh down my baby fine hair and makes it soft and manageable. I've also noticed it really brings out my blonde highlights. Will definitely repurchase and try other products in this line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE! I still somewhat like it but it dries out my hair a lot. Makes my hair shed more. Boo! So i had to downgrade this and won't be repurchasing.

I tried it for the first time last night after reading all the reviews here. First, my hair is long, colored, flat ironed and 42 years old. This shampoo made it soft. I had fewer tangles than usual. I did not try the conditioner. This is just from the shampoo. I conditioned with Pantene. I did notice however that when i combed it out i lost a lot more hair than usual. I don't know if it's from the shampoo or what but i had to mention that. My hair was softer smoother and when i flat ironed it it straightened easier. And the price?? Oh my at $3 it's UNBELIEVABLE! Now for the smell. I really don't know what the problem is with everyone complaining here about it. It doesn't smell bad. You actually can barely detect a fragrance at all. It's not like men's deodorant or anything of the sort. It's a nondescript fragrance and it's not bad. And once you dry your hair you can't smell it at all. People will complain about the dumbest things. Anyway, overall i like this shampoo and will update after a few more uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by jamieerice

This is my new favorite shampoo and conditioner. I read the reviews and just had to try it for the price. I was a little worried about what some reviews said about the strong smell but it didn't bother me and once I was done styling my hair you can barely notice. Made my previously bleached hair soft again. Thanks for the help makeup alley!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by lexiecupcakes

Okay so for a cheap alternative to salon products...not bad.. i barely use my flat iron and it makes me hair super super soft. my only complaint is the smell of it.....it's grosss..you have to pick your poison with this one...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by ItsAmandaYall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ugh the smell! It smelled similar to an older man's aftershave. I thought I could get used to the smell but when I blow dried my hair the smell of it came wafting back into my nose. I bought this due to the the great reviews and pricing I gave it a chance even though I haven't had any luck with Suave in general. I just finished my bottle of Giovanni(I recommend!) and perhaps I had high expectation for this shampoo. My hair looks dry and frizzy and felt like it was coated in wax when I first used it. Plus my hair has been falling out a lot worse now too, with Giovanni I never had this problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cassielynn24

i love this! when i got it i was kinda nervous but its so great! i have long hair thats bleached, so it can get rough and tangled. this shampoo made it soo smooth when i blow dried it today for work. ill be buying this from now on,and cant beat the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm just gonna go ahead and add more praise to this product.
Price: Probably one of the more expensive items in Suave's hair care lines collectively, but four dollars isn't much- at all- in the grand scheme of things. Especially considering the absurdly good quality of this shampoo, the price is unbeatable.
Packaging: I actually like it! It's simple and functional. The curved shape is ergonomic and feels great in the hand, and the surface of the bottle isn't too slippery. The cap is a breeze to open as well, and doesn't feel as if it's gonna snap off in the when it's openend. The bottle's gold color is okay; I wish it were a bit more toned-down, but that's just me being a finicky visual person. Other than that, I think the packaging is pretty unisex- it doesn't have a girly look to it, so it's more accessible.
Consistency: This shampoo is delightfully buttery and a tad thick without being a pain to lather and spread throughout my ungodly amount of hair. It's also a pretty pale gold color. However, it has an odd glimmery effect to it, which may be the mica in the ingredients list. I guess that's for adding shine or something.
Scent: So. Damn. Manly. As soon as you squeeze shampoo from the bottle, it exudes a potent, cologne-esque fragrance that's hard to love and hard to hate. In other words, it's not a terrible smell, but it's rather strong and it lingers aaaaalll day. I've used this shampoo several times, so I'm used to it by now, even to the point of liking it. I guess it just takes some time to get used to.
Ingredients: Yes, yes... sulfates... boo... But whudder ya gonna do. This shampoo doesn't have anything natural about it. It has silicones, and keratin, but despite of what it's made, it just WORKS.
Oh, here's the list:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Dimethiconol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG 45M, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Keratin, PPG 9, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)
Performance: Lathering and working this through my hair is a breeze. It cleanses well, but doesn't contribute to tangles. It moisturizes wonderfully for a shampoo, and my hair always feels more smooth after rinsing. Conditioner detangles with much more ease, and my hair looks and feels much more healthy and smooth (tamed frizz! Woo!), not to mention fuller and shinier.
Overall: I can't get over how amazing this shampoo is. It has its downfalls- sulfates and a ridiculously strong fragrance- but it makes up for them with its awesome performance. I'll be repurchasing this stuff unless Suave... *shudder*... reformulates it, and they'll rue the day they do, since they'd be getting massive amounts of hate mail from me. ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by pavitt

I havent used Suave in years because I felt like it was just very cheap quality and that it didnt do anything with my hair. So I saw this at the store a few days ago and really liked the smell so I decide to give it a try. I have noticed a BIG difference in my hair with just one use! My hair isnt frizzy and poofy like it usually is and I have received soo many compliments on how great my hair smells! I will be re-purchasing!