Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio

1.6

on 9/10/2012 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I also bought these on impulse, but I thought it was an educated impulse. Their Shimmer Strips liner pencils are so awesome and never budge from the time I get up til the time I go to bed. So I thought that these kohls would at least be comparable--the box does say that they are waterproof. And, as I am recovering from cancer treatment that made my eyelashes fall out, I am sooo grateful to PF for their eyelash growth booster serum and liner, which work almost TOO well.

These kohls are not worthy of the brand. I usually read the reviews here while standing in the store, but the other two products made me feel so confident in PS that I didn't bother.

The green looked, in the package, exactly the shade I had been looking for for a few weeks after seeing it on a model; I used it to line underneath my lower lashes. I was thrilled with the color of the purple too, which came in the same set; I smoked my upper lid with the purple. Neither color went on true. Oh, well, I thought I'd work with it before it "set" (ha ha). I tried to blend them out a little with my finger, and wherever I touched, the product rubbed off completely onto my finger. So I tried waiting 20 minutes to see if it just needed to set for a much longer time. But the character never changed at all. Twenty minutes later it still rubbed right off. No way could I leave the house wearing this stuff, it would cover my contact lenses in no time flat and I'd look like a crazy woman.

And, yeah, you don't get much product. That cone of color that you see, is what you get. Strange.

It was $12 for the set, which is a little pricey for the amount of product you get even if it was good stuff, and yet it is the worst product I've ever used. I plan to take it back, and I've never taken ANY makeup purchase back. Glad to see that others are doing the same. Hopefully it makes the company sit up and take notice and take the product off the shelf! Sheesh.

on 8/22/2012 5:20:00 PM

I bought this today on a whim and I wish I hadn't. One of the wands broke when I was taking it out of the packaging and the other when I was putting it on. The third one didn't break but the color isn't that intense. Will not be buying again.

on 8/4/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Paid $12 for this at Target today.
SO disappointed. I really thought these would have more color! They do not. And they're supposed to be waterproof -big reason why I bought them - they are far from! You can smudge it off with your finger, without even trying.
Will be returning tomorrow.
EDIT: didn't get around to returning this. And...used the black liner twice since. It does have some staying power- i realized I had been using it as eyeliner, not inside but on top of my lid. My feelings for the other two colors remain the same. Although I have been using the "gold" as a fill in pencil for my brows, works fairly well. I'll figure out what to do with the purple.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mainly because it was advertised as 'waterproof' so I thought it would be good for lining my inner rims. And I liked he variety of colors in the package. But the problem is A) they are certainly NOT waterproof. In fact, they smudge and run very easily and B) the stick the product is housed in is flimsy as heck.
Obviously, these aren't in high rotation in my makeup drawer. I used the black color once-using little to no pressure- and it near snapped at the base. It also has very little color payoff.
This stuff is pretty much crap. I don't like completely writing off any product, but this is just no good. You can find better for cheaper

on 7/21/2012 12:04:00 AM

I have always just read reviews here, but I joined in, just so I could express my opinion that these are about the worst products I have ever tried. LIke the other reviewers, I didnt check the ratings, they just caught my eye in the store. What a mistake! Yes, they did glide on smooth...right down on my cheeks,by the end of the day! And they did some kind of weird thing with my mascara; making it practically roll off my lashes, after a few hours. What a useless product. I took it back the next day. Dont waste your money.

on 7/11/2012 12:57:00 PM

This eye liner are such a disappointment! I bought it mostly because on the purple eyeliner and because the packaging says that is waterproof. one and once I was applying it and the tip came off completely! on the first try! The rest were not as pigmented as i though they would be. This went back to the store.

on 7/9/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm surprised this thing has BAD REVIEWS... my kajal lasted all day long, no smears, didn't break && never retouched! im happy with my purchase.. WILL REPURCHASE WHEN IT'S ON SALE AGAIN!

cons: cannot resharpen....

on 7/4/2012 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These had no color, no coverage, and broke the first time I used them. Garbage.

on 7/4/2012 1:06:00 AM

So CVS is having a sale on PF and I took the opportunity to try out a bunch of different stuff.

Theses pencils are only waterproof because they are like grease sticks. You can't sharpen them, they don't really last on your waterline and they break after the first use because they are so soft with grease.

Once the tip warms up it does let the color flow better and I really like the black color but they smudge like crazy once they get into contact with heat and unless you find a way to set or contain them with something they will spread throughout wear until you have nothing but a colored haze on your eyes.

I will play with them until they break but consider this a lesson learned about buying products without checking their reviews.

on 7/3/2012 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

The worst kajal I have ever used. All three wands broke in 15 minutes. Returned it within two hours of purchase.