April 19, 2014 | 1047 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by wq13

This is the best concealer I have ever used for my undereye area. Ivory is slightly lighter than my skin tone, but that's how I like my undereye concealers. This concealer is very brightening and makes me look awake and not tired! The only thing that I don't really like about it is that it DOES tend to settle into fine lines and I usually do have to set it with a powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by tabriasmakeuplife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's great for brightening up the undereye area. But, it doesn't exactly do much for "highlighting." I find that it settles into the lines under my eyes (which I'm 16 so I didn't think I even had fine lines yet LOL) but it just looks so weird. It was kind of cakey too?! Am I the only one that thinks that? I don't know, but I payed $13 for this in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart, and i thought it was gonna be a great highlighting/brightening concealer, but I was so disappointed. Sadly I will not repurchase. :( Really had high hopes for this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

First I would like to say that this is my second Maybelline product. I tried their Stilleto Liquid Liner and loved it.
I have never used concealer only because I have tried way back and it just looked cakey and dry looking, this was like 10 yrs ago when I was 19.
I always wear "luminous" foundations because I hate a matte look, so spotting this DreamLUMI concealer made me buy it just to have in case I may find use for it one day.
I really liked the texture and the color Ivory is a bit too dark but it's fine to work with. I also purchased the radiant color since it's so inexpensive I believe it was $11. Compared to YSL's luminizing concealer it's super cheap and does the job, unless you use concealer daily then I can't say YSL's is comparable, it's much more moisturizing and staying power is unbeatable and shades are perfect, but for me the makeup junkie that I am who practically never uses concealer, not having a few laying around would be a sin. I think if you have even oily skin this will be fine, because I have drier skin and I wouldn't mind if this was a bit more moisturizing. It definately illuminates, it does not contain any funky chunky tacky glitters and coverage is buildable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

I don't have severe dark circles, but I like a brightening, radiant effect for the darkness that does peep through my light skin. I wouldn't recommend this concealer to a friend, though. It's difficult to know how many clicks it's gonna take to get the product out. Inevitably, too much comes out and I either end up applying too much or wasting some. Ivory was a decent match for my NC20 coloring, but I did find that it settled in my lines and just looked cakey and too iridescent for my liking. I also suspect it's clogging the pores under my eyes. Bummer.

If you're looking for an light, luminous concealer, I recommend the Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller over Dream Lumi.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

This product is very good for illumination and covering redness. However, I have fairly dark circles under my eyes and I find that this is just a little too sheer with one coat so I have to apply several and then I just feel like I'm overusing product. The pen style packaging is really useful for applying under the eyes and around the nose. I usually blend our with a pointed foundation brush or my fingers. The formula is very creamy and doesn't flake or dry up at all. However, it does crease. I didn't give it a 5 just because it didn't cover my undereye circles as much as I had hoped but I would still repurchase this. Overall a good purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by susan3041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this...blends nicely, great highlighter and concealer and a deal at under $7!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

Be warned that this runs very, very light. Also, this product is for brightening- you'll have to look somewhere else if you want coverage. I like the idea of the applicator, but the amount of product in this is truly miniscule.
Overall? You'll probably have better luck with the FitMe concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by seahorse61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would not recommend this product for someone who as dry skin.

It dried my skin instantly upon application, settled into lines and made me look older.
I couldn't keep the product on my skin all day, 5 hours later it was pulling and getting so dry that it was itchy.

I tried to mix it with an eye moisturizer
( because I love the low price) but it was still instantly creaky looking and it still dried my skin.

I might try to use it to highlight my cupid bow...
otherwise it will be a toss in the garbage for me.

Peace, love and creativity : )

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMary3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this concealer in buff, it's quite light for my skin but I bought it that light on purpose because it works magnificently as an under-eye concealer. It brightens up under my eyes just enough, and keeps me from looking like a zombie. It blends really nicely with a makeup sponge, and probably with ones own fingers. The packaging is really nice and convenient, I quite like the twist cap idea with the product coming out the brush, and helps with precision in its application. It is long wearing and doesn't come off or gather in strange places throughout the day as other concealer have done in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynrose2367

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this concealer in ivory. I am pale with pink undertones, and have yet to try a different color because this one works great for an under eye concealer/highlighter. It does not get cakey or settle into lines, and it stays put. It is by far the best under-eye concealer I have tried, and I currently own one by MUFE, a MAC one, and a Clinique one, although I have tried others. My biggest complaint is that I am almost through my first one, and I have only had it a little over a month give or take. But, I do use it a lot and use a good amount of it. Because of this, I have even stocked up on these, mainly because I find Ivory is sold out somewhat frequently. For once I have found a product that I am not determined to find a better one; I am very happy with this concealer...and that truly surprised me because I really do stay away from drug store beauty products.