July 31, 2014 | 1004 users online

Hair - LUSH - No Drought

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

Wow, really impressed with this product.

I went into Lush yesterday and got this as a sample along with Rehab shampoo.

I have bleached blonde hair (from medium brown) but have to wash my hair daily as I do a lot of exercise and it gets sweaty.

I washed my hair yesterday morning though, went running last night and have used No Drought this morning with incredible results!

I just simply worked it into my roots as my ends/mid lengths never get greasy. In fact, my hair is pretty dry from all the bleach so I only needed a touch.

It works in really well (but I did notice it was quite 'white' which is great for me as it even brightened up my roots! but I'm not sure if it would leave brown hair a bit grey looking?) and does smell nice and fresh. I actually feel like I could do this now every other day instead of washing my hair daily which is great for the condition as it means I don't have to keep putting a lot of heat on it.

Will use through the week and decide if I want to buy though as it's pretty expensive, like all Lush stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Blossom79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG this was such a let down.
It hardly smells at all (when on your hair you can't smell it, even if you use a lot). It leaves my hair looking dull, not shiney and greasy, but dull with the same lankness you have with greasy hair. And the worst bit, the ghost white scalp! It just doesn't seem to want to come off.
Such an absolute let down. I wish I hadn't bothered trying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great dryshampoo. I like it for the following reasons:
- no white cast on my brown hair (when used in moderation)
- good oil absorbtion
- smells great & fresh
- gives volume
- no alcohol or other harmful ingredients
The main reason I like this better than regular spray dry shampoos is because it does not have alcohol (my hair hates alcohol) or other harmful ingredients. Because of that I can use this more frequently.
It also gives me less of a white cast on my dark hair than most regular dry shampoos do. Lastly, it smells great. Very citrussy & fresh.
The ingredients are very simple and before I bought this I tried making my own dry shampoo from corn starch and cacao powder (because I'm brunette). It worked fine too but the cacao powder would sometimes be visible on my scalp and just corn starch felt more heavy than this. This product is very lightweight. If you're looking for a cheap alternative you can just use corn starch and/or talc (the main ingredients in this), but I still prefer this because it is so lightweight and I just love the smell. When my hair is greasy a smell like that really helps me to feel fresh. It's also not that expensive anyway. This bottle will last me ages.
The only thing I didn't like is the packaging. It's not very convenient and the cap on mine broke after 2 uses. I've now transferred it into a smaller salt-shaker type of container. That's much more convenient.
Overall I really like this product and I would purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by sharninini

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing! And I will tell you why
1. The powder, if rubbed in correctly, does not leave any grey/white tint on my medium brown hair
2. Gets rid of oil to make me feel fresh (Nb i dont have super oily hair, so probably not ideal for super oily as product would probably clump and would need heaps to absorb oil which would end up making hair too gritty
3. Gives INCREDIBLE long lasting volume, just like the salesgirl said :)
4. Smells AMAZING, definitely not just baby powder!
5. I think the packaging is great for the product. as long as you dont just shake it heavily, it will come out as much or as little as you want. I prefer to shake it into my hand and then rub it in to control how much I use
6. For 13.50 or however much it is in Aus it is SO worth it. Will last ages, and in comparison to other dry shampoos which cost heaps and dont last long, is much better price

the way i like to use this is to hang my head upside down, shake it into my hand and rub into the scalp. that way i dont get fall out on my clothes, i can rub it in well, get volume, and ensure no grey tint on top :)

well worth the money!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

I'm embarassed to admit that I purchased this after juicystar07's video. Yes, I'm 24 and enjoy watching juicystar videos. There I said it!
Anyways, moving onto the product. When I was in highschool, I remember reading an article in seventeen magazine that you could use baby powder or chalk dust to absorb oil in your hair. I excitedly tried chalk out on my hair the next day at school, and it turned out to be a huge mess. I feared this dry shampoo wouldn't work for me either because of that experience, but trusted that a professionally made product for the purpose of dry shampoo had to be different. I went to the trouble of CPing this (it's unavailable where I live) but was very disappointed. First, the dispenser is horrible. It's hard to control how much product comes out, and it's difficult to dispense it evenly. When you manage to get some out, it feels gritty. No matter how much I comb it out, I still get an almost sand-like feeling on my scalp. I admit that it does help absorb oil, but all 3 times I've tried using this product, I ended up taking a shower because I hated how my scalp felt.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

The lovely Lush sales girl gave me a generous sample which lasted me for quite a while. Now I'm going to purchase it.
It is very affordable, draws out the oil and the most importantly (for me) it didn't live my black hair a grey cast.
The hair doesn't feel clean when you touch it, but it sure looks clean.

I'm not too sure about the packaging though.. I would use it with a bathrobe on to avoid getting clothes all powdery.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim. People in HK aren't crazy about LUSH, so I was the only customer in the store and got pressured by the SAs to buy a bunch of stuff. I refused many products, but I needed a dry shampoo anyway. I bought this, used it for a week, and here are my thoughts:

The packaging is terrible. You can't control how much product comes out of the bottle. I shook it - none of the powder came out, so I squeezed it and poured a COLOSSAL amount onto my palm. Not impressed.

I hadn't washed my hair in a day so I had "second day hair". Not a lot of grease, but my bangs were noticeably greasy. So I applied it to the roots and brushed it out. It did a nice job in cutting the grease! Also, the powder dissipated so I wasn't left with powdery specks all over my hair.

I'm glad this worked out for me, personally. I don't love it though. LUSH just needs to improve the packaging. My hair profile: normal texture, gets greasy on "second days", super frizzy. I won't be repurchasing 'cuz of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this. It smells of lemons and works well without the recognisable, chemical scent or aerosol spray of batiste. I like being able to apply it just to where I need it.

It is quite expensive but a bottle will last you for ages. The bottle is not the best design for dry shampoo as it is easy to tip out way, way too much.

I've been putting it into an empty sifter jar and applying it to my roots with a powder brush. This seems to work well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Gnouvennew

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Smells really good
Works well
Is Organic
Cons:
doesn't work on super greasy hair
hard to control how much
not much product for 12$

I prefer rockaholic then this, sorry lush :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sweeetyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Packaging sucks; it's hard to control how much of it comes out, so you end up with a ton of product in your hair. No matter how much I try to rub, it leaves a grey cast. Worse of all, it does NOTHING to get rid of the oil. I put it on before my hair got too oily, as I do with the Batiste dry shampoo, and it left such a sticky residue that it made my scalp look oily. Also, it left my hair extremely flat. Hopefully I can return it, because this sucks. It's a decent value at $15 (in Canada, after tax) but baby powder is a better alternative but I prefer Batiste, even if it is a bit pricy.