November 23, 2014 | 977 users online

Hair - LUSH - No Drought

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by xonadiya

This is such a great dry shampoo.
It smells like lemon and removes about 80% of grease from your hair.
I will deffinitely repurchase, The only thing I hate is the packaging, wayy too much product comes out.
I would recommend pouring it into a clean salt shaker and dusting it into your hair for even distribution.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mgarcia0418

This is the best dry shampoo I have used. It doesn't leave my hair white or gritty feeling. My hair actually still looks shiny after using this, but not at all oily. I think the key to making this is work is not using too much. I usually section the top of my hair and add a little to distribute the product better. Gives my hair a little volume too! Too bad the packaging doesn't make any sense!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

This was a very disappointing product from Lush...the only appealing thing is the price. Lots of product for only $13! But it made my hair feel even dirtier with no volume at all. The packaging is also kinda hard to work with too because you can't control the amount of product that comes out. I recommend the oscar blandi dry shampoo in the powder version!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by redrave1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have shorter, medium thickness, fine, reddish brown hair. It is prone to getting very oily at the roots and dry at the ends. I've used this product for three months weekly.

PROS:
-doesn't turn my hair white or change the color
-perfect for after the gym or hiking, when hair is still clean but may be a slightly sweaty.
-absorbs oil well and is easy to work a small amount of product into hair without having to excessively brush it out (a nice perk for curly hair that is a pain to reset if already styled).
-I found the smell to be pleasant and faded quickly

CONS:
-as other people have mentioned, the packaging is awful. You will get too much product and it will distribute unevenly. I take a little and work it into my roots and then powder my hands and run it through my hair
-doesn't work well on my fringe/bangs. It doesn't change the color but the texture is just...off afterwards. Not noticeable on the rest of my hair.
-can make hair look matte. Obviously, it would dull shine by removing oil, but although the color of hair doesn't change I think it coats it giving it a matte cast
-I don't find this an adequate replacement for shampoo. I usually wash my hair three to four times a week. With this product I can get away with three times or use it for touch ups. I was hoping to get down to once or twice a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

This is the BEST dry shampoo I have ever used. I've tried various powder and spray forms...but this is the only one that leaves my hair feeling/smelling clean without the gray matte cast on my dark Asian hair. The smell is absolutely delightful and I am really pleased with the delivery of this product!

The only downside is the awkward shampoo bottle container. Besides that, I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by iamtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I gave it a two because it DOES get that greasy look out of your hair. I dye my hair jet black and was able to comb it in invisibly, so I wouldn't say it's a garbage product. However, after I bought this, I noticed that products with corn starch repeatedly break me out. Whenever I used this, I got swollen pimples along my hairline and even on my scalp under my hair. If you're not as sensitive to ingredients as me, you might really like this. But I can't use it. Might try to swap it.

Maybe I just got a bad bottle, but the top of my packaging doesn't open completely. It's hard to get any product out, but if you squeeze too much you end up in a big cloud of it. Yuck. This one's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it'll take me a while before i go through the whole bottle of powder but when i do run out, i'll surely repurchase this one. i've tried a couple of hair fresheners including spray shampoo but this has got to be the best! the scent sticks and the scent gives you the "just shampooed" citrusy smell that is just so refreshing! i actually use this more on my very active 7 year old daughter who has thick black hair. she perspires easily on her head and i use this to "touch up" the smell of her hair when were out. her hair is still shiny, her scalp still healthy so it's great! another thing i've used this for is when i want to tease my hair for volume. i noticed that if i put more than what's needed to freshen up, it makes teasing my hair easier and the hair keeps its teased state much longer. to recap, great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

Wow, really impressed with this product.

I went into Lush yesterday and got this as a sample along with Rehab shampoo.

I have bleached blonde hair (from medium brown) but have to wash my hair daily as I do a lot of exercise and it gets sweaty.

I washed my hair yesterday morning though, went running last night and have used No Drought this morning with incredible results!

I just simply worked it into my roots as my ends/mid lengths never get greasy. In fact, my hair is pretty dry from all the bleach so I only needed a touch.

It works in really well (but I did notice it was quite 'white' which is great for me as it even brightened up my roots! but I'm not sure if it would leave brown hair a bit grey looking?) and does smell nice and fresh. I actually feel like I could do this now every other day instead of washing my hair daily which is great for the condition as it means I don't have to keep putting a lot of heat on it.

Will use through the week and decide if I want to buy though as it's pretty expensive, like all Lush stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Blossom79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG this was such a let down.
It hardly smells at all (when on your hair you can't smell it, even if you use a lot). It leaves my hair looking dull, not shiney and greasy, but dull with the same lankness you have with greasy hair. And the worst bit, the ghost white scalp! It just doesn't seem to want to come off.
Such an absolute let down. I wish I hadn't bothered trying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great dryshampoo. I like it for the following reasons:
- no white cast on my brown hair (when used in moderation)
- good oil absorbtion
- smells great & fresh
- gives volume
- no alcohol or other harmful ingredients
The main reason I like this better than regular spray dry shampoos is because it does not have alcohol (my hair hates alcohol) or other harmful ingredients. Because of that I can use this more frequently.
It also gives me less of a white cast on my dark hair than most regular dry shampoos do. Lastly, it smells great. Very citrussy & fresh.
The ingredients are very simple and before I bought this I tried making my own dry shampoo from corn starch and cacao powder (because I'm brunette). It worked fine too but the cacao powder would sometimes be visible on my scalp and just corn starch felt more heavy than this. This product is very lightweight. If you're looking for a cheap alternative you can just use corn starch and/or talc (the main ingredients in this), but I still prefer this because it is so lightweight and I just love the smell. When my hair is greasy a smell like that really helps me to feel fresh. It's also not that expensive anyway. This bottle will last me ages.
The only thing I didn't like is the packaging. It's not very convenient and the cap on mine broke after 2 uses. I've now transferred it into a smaller salt-shaker type of container. That's much more convenient.
Overall I really like this product and I would purchase it again.