April 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

Hair - LUSH - No Drought

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

The lovely Lush sales girl gave me a generous sample which lasted me for quite a while. Now I'm going to purchase it.
It is very affordable, draws out the oil and the most importantly (for me) it didn't live my black hair a grey cast.
The hair doesn't feel clean when you touch it, but it sure looks clean.

I'm not too sure about the packaging though.. I would use it with a bathrobe on to avoid getting clothes all powdery.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim. People in HK aren't crazy about LUSH, so I was the only customer in the store and got pressured by the SAs to buy a bunch of stuff. I refused many products, but I needed a dry shampoo anyway. I bought this, used it for a week, and here are my thoughts:

The packaging is terrible. You can't control how much product comes out of the bottle. I shook it - none of the powder came out, so I squeezed it and poured a COLOSSAL amount onto my palm. Not impressed.

I hadn't washed my hair in a day so I had "second day hair". Not a lot of grease, but my bangs were noticeably greasy. So I applied it to the roots and brushed it out. It did a nice job in cutting the grease! Also, the powder dissipated so I wasn't left with powdery specks all over my hair.

I'm glad this worked out for me, personally. I don't love it though. LUSH just needs to improve the packaging. My hair profile: normal texture, gets greasy on "second days", super frizzy. I won't be repurchasing 'cuz of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this. It smells of lemons and works well without the recognisable, chemical scent or aerosol spray of batiste. I like being able to apply it just to where I need it.

It is quite expensive but a bottle will last you for ages. The bottle is not the best design for dry shampoo as it is easy to tip out way, way too much.

I've been putting it into an empty sifter jar and applying it to my roots with a powder brush. This seems to work well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Gnouvennew

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Smells really good
Works well
Is Organic
Cons:
doesn't work on super greasy hair
hard to control how much
not much product for 12$

I prefer rockaholic then this, sorry lush :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sweeetyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Packaging sucks; it's hard to control how much of it comes out, so you end up with a ton of product in your hair. No matter how much I try to rub, it leaves a grey cast. Worse of all, it does NOTHING to get rid of the oil. I put it on before my hair got too oily, as I do with the Batiste dry shampoo, and it left such a sticky residue that it made my scalp look oily. Also, it left my hair extremely flat. Hopefully I can return it, because this sucks. It's a decent value at $15 (in Canada, after tax) but baby powder is a better alternative but I prefer Batiste, even if it is a bit pricy.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by MissPeony

Pros:
-Smell

Cons:
-packaging: hard to control amount of product that is dispensed
-didn't do anything for my super greasy hair. I tried putting the product in before it got too greasy, after it got greasy and it did nothing for my hair.

I'll be sticking to my Salon Grafix Invisible dry shampoo!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by juicyyycouture

My hair seemed nicer AND CLEANER before using this product. I don't know what it was about this product but it made my hair SO unmangeable, rough and even more oily. I guess it's incompatible with asian hair?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

Smells so incredibly good, lasts forever, absorbed all the oil immediately and left me with a matte, fragrant, soft, clean looking hair with great volume. The only con is that if you have dark hair you would have to use very little because it's a white powder and you might end up with your hair looking grey. I have a really fair blond hair color so to me it's a godsend!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by zerp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it smells soooooo goooooooood.

I read reviews online and everyone described it as "citrusy, grapefruity fresh" which didn't appeal to me, I'm usually not one for citrusy smells. But ohhh myy gooddd it smells so good that I put it in my hair even when it's not oily, just so I get a chance to smell it...

I put some in my boyfriend's greaseball hair and it worked well, he was excited. Though it didn't FULLY get rid of all the grease. But his hair was very oily.

And as for the 'white cast' that I have read so much about, I have not experienced it at all. And I have black asian hair. Just don't overuse. And brush. voila

EDIT:
So I've been using this for about 2 weeks now. I HATE. IT. It makes my hair feel even dirtier. Feels like when you take a shower but you didn't fully rinse out your shampoo- that chunky, sticky residual feeling, when you run your hands through your hair it feels tough and clumped. IF you don't know what I am talking about, put some corn starch in your hair. It'll give you the same feeling that this lush product does, after all, corn starch is the first ingredient.

My hair LOOKS non-oily after i apply it, but when i brush my fingers through my hair you can see it clumping together in oiliness. and when i touch it, it feels so dirty and oily.

It's just awful. If you're contemplating buying this product, put some corn starch in your hair. It's the same feeling.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by xpomegranate

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this. Disclaimer: it's the only dry shampoo I've tried, and will probably be the only one (used to use baby powder.) I need just a tiny bit because my hair is short and only really gets greasy at my part. Using too much will make your hair grayish, as will not working it through properly. The bottle cap design is stupid, you can't really "puff" the product out until at least a quarter of it is gone; until then, just take the cap off and pour a tiny bit in your hands. Do NOT pour it directly on your head, as another user mentioned doing, because that is just way too much. I love the smell.