Brown Sugar Scrub

Price: $

Price: $

Brown sugar

on 6/25/2010 2:46:00 PM

This is an awesome body scrub that is all natural and easy to make yourself! Mix brown sugar and olive oil using less oil than sugar. The oil will absorb slowly into the sugar. Use just enough to moisten the sugar. I take a small sealable container of this in the shower with me. At the very end of shower take some in your hand and rub together gently then smooth over your entire body in circular motions. rinse. The thing I love about this is that after application the brown sugar dissolves into your skin and the oil leaves your skin moist and glowy! Just be careful when applying. Can be messy and may leave your shower floor slick if you spill.

on 6/22/2010 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know why I didn't think of this before because I love love Alba's cane sugar scrub. I just threw a bunch of brown sugar in a dish and mixed about a teaspoon of jojoba oil and a teaspoon of coconut oil with it to dampen it a bit and scrubbed on wet skin in the shower. Though it's a little scratchier than I'd like, it feels great and smells awesome and it makes me feel like baby booty :) I've tried olive oil with it too, but it's a little too slimy for me. Jojoba and coconut seem to absorb into my skin way better while olive oil is just sort of coating.

on 5/13/2010 6:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love it. mixed w/ olive oil it make a awesome scrub, but it tends to clog the drain so thats a problem.

on 5/13/2010 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hooray, this really works! Though i mix it with a regular body soap cos i felt that olive oil left my skin with a oily layer. Felt sticky and not the best preparation for self tanning.
I use The Body Shop gloves which are great and make me use the brown sugar more efficiently (don't loose to much sugar).

on 3/7/2010 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as a scrub w/ olive oil and it works wonderfully. The oil keeps my sensitive skin from being irritated and the brown sugar exfoliates thoroughly. The trick to it if you have sensitive skin is to use gentle pressure but just spend longer scrubbing. I find that this works better than my old hg, clinque 7 day scrub and so much cheaper. I am super acne prone too and this hasn't broken me out. I think that this is also less abrasive and gentler on the face than plain granulated sugar.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I made a batch of this the other day just to see if I liked it. I used 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 3T of EVOO and 2T of honey. I did have a problem with the oil seperating and pooling on top but no worries. I just scooped it all up together in my hand and then I applied it to my dampened legs before shaving. The scrub was gentle but effective. After shaving my legs felt like a baby's bottom. I am highly impressed that something so easily made with a couple ingrediants for relatively nothing could be so much better than a $35 Bliss scrub I have in the shower. I will be using this homemade scrub for the rest of my life! LOVE!!!!

Brown sugar as a scrub works decently. It feels nice when you gently massage on your face, but it dissolves too quickly for you to enjoy the full effects. If I were to only review this as a scrub, then I would not buy this again. However, as a drink, it is delicious. My mom taught me how to make this brown sugar drink where you get some water, add in two very full spoons of brown sugar, and then boil. Amazing!

on 12/14/2009 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I used white fine grained sugar as well. This stuff is excellent, get's all the dead skin cells off. It reminds me of this Neostrata microderma stuff I used except the sugar is less harsh bonus.

on 12/6/2009 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I happened to have some brown sugar in my refrigerator so I decided to go ahead and use this treatment when I read the rave reviews here on MUA. the brown sugar I have is broken up into balls and they were hard to break so I had to run it under a bit of water first. then I combined the brown sugar with a little bit of olive oil and massaged it all over my face, then left it on for about two minutes. and when I rinsed it off, my face felt INCREDIBLY soft! :O I've read about how this has helped people with acne, so I will make sure to update once I've used it enough to tell!

on 12/1/2009 10:44:00 PM

I just tried this for the first time and instant pros are that my skin is unbeliveable soft,=softer than I have expierenced with any other exfoliant, it feels great-like it washed away any trace of dead skin cells, it is dirt cheap, easy to use, and washed away easily with a little face wash. cons....??? I haven't experienced any yet. I will def be using this again and can't wait to use it as an all over body scrub!

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products