Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.7

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 1/4/2015 9:34:00 PM

I really liked this foundation. The problem which made me stop using this foundation all together was the extremely limited colour range - Rimmel's foundations always run too pink! I have had the same problem with the Rimmel Stay 25 hour Foundation and even the Wake Me Up Concealer - which I thought wouldn't be a problem since it was a concealer, but sadly this was as well.

I really loved this foundation, it had great coverage, it really did seem to give my skin a brightened 'glow', it lasted all day (from around 7am till 5pm), provided a medium not too cakey finish, the packaging was really nice (big fan of the pump), and it even had a really nice fresh scent. It was also very versitle with what method I applied it onto my face - Real Techniques Expert Face and Buffing Brush, BeautyBlender and Sigma F80 and F82 brushes.

I also found that this product covered any pimples, redness or freckles really well; and trust me I would know with my really bad skin!!! D:

Not only this, but the price was also very reasonable, especially for Australia's ridiculously expensive makeup prices; I would not have any problems at all repurchasing, if it wasn't for the limited colour range! However, I have always run across this problem with drugstore foundations (yes Maybelline and Covergirl, I'm also talking to you), the only few that I have found that work for my pale, yellow/ warm toned Combination skin is the Bourjois, Revlon and some Loreal foundations.

All in all, if you have more pink toned/ cool skin, I feel like this would work really well for you, if you are searching for a foundation that gives nice coverage, doesn't make you look to washed out/ too matte/ or too flat; as it really does bring a nice subtle 'glow from within to your face' not like you just stuck a whole lot of glitter on your face. For the price, you also can't go wrong, it is very comparable with other more expensive brands; and I would happily keep on using and repurchasing, if it wasn't for the colour range, which is the big NO NO for me.

on 1/3/2015 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can’t say I recommend this foundation. It has a few positive such as the subtle shimmer in the foundation and the easy application however; I find after only 1-2 hours my face becomes extremely oily. During winter the foundation with a powder over the top can last 3-4 hours but when it's raining or hot outside it becomes oily very fast. I also find that this foundation does not have a broad colour spectrum. I have tried 3 of the lightest colours and I have found that each one has been very orange no matter how much I blend, but for such a cheap price you can’t expect much more.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Easy to apply
- Slight shimmer

Cons:
- Small colour spectrum
- Orange Base
- Become oily fast

on 12/14/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Good coverage, good price.
I find this product is very easy to blend in and gives a smooth consistent finish across the face.
Stays on fairly long and doesn't clog which is fab.
Great packaging.
I also find the shades very good as I have 2 perfect shades for when i have and when i dont have a tan.
Lovely:-) x

Good coverage. Blends easily. Smooth finish. Tends to dry into skin, especially around the nose and chin. Doesn't last as long as I hoped.

on 12/8/2014 12:58:00 AM

Really like this foundation. It's light and it creates a nice complexion on the skin. Just warning people that this is a bit shimmery so if you are against shine I would stay away!

I really love this foundation!

Like the concealer in the 'Wake Me Up' range it feels so light and fresh to apply and I really like the feeling that my skin can breathe underneath it as I can't stand that 'mask' like feeling some heavy foundations give.

Coverage is a medium I would say although I think it's buildable!

The shade range is really decent for a drugstore foundation and the glow this gives my skin is just beautiful! I love this most purely for that!

on 11/20/2014 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is mye least favorite rimmel foubdation. Its sa good foundation i just dont reach for it as mutch as my other rimmel foundations.

I never use it when i have acne, but on my good skin days i will use it and it gives a really glowy finish, i just dont like the look on bad skin days, and i dont feel like it covers as good. But it last a desent amount of time and its a good foundation.

on 11/10/2014 4:10:00 PM

I tried this out today, I have combination skin but sometimes I don't want to be matte, I want to glow! I have read reviews about the 'sparkle' in the product which worried me slightly (the now discontinued Mac mineralize liquid foundation was a jar of liquid glitter) but realistically if you want to look 'dewy' or have that sheen that celebrities have then it is likely some kind of luminous particles or highlighter will be present in your foundation. I put this on at 7 am and it was still doing pretty good by 3pm. Of course I was looking a bit shiny then but I have combination skin so I expect that. It applies really well, the yellow undertone suits my skin and the sparkle is not really noticeable in these winter months. It did give me a nice glow and I looked more refreshed than usual. I will always love Estee Lauder Doublewear Light but for a high street foundation this is pretty good. It is fairly sheer so I will try a slightly thicker application tomorrow.

on 11/9/2014 9:19:00 PM

I seriously love this foundation. Its so cheap especially since it is on sale a lot of the time. It has a really nice colouring range for people with yellow toned skin like myself and is extremely easy to blend. I really like that it has sparkles in it because it gives my skin a healthy glow which I much prefer to matt.

on 11/7/2014 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation regardless of price point is an excellent purchase. I've tried this foundation a few times before but recently fell right back in love with it. The most recent bottle I purchased was $10.59 CAD (on sale, regular price $12.99) which is amazing given that drugstore foundation in Canada usually runs within the $15-$22 dollar price range. The foundation does not come in many shades unfortunately and therefore does not accommodate skin that is very dark or very pale (ie, my skin in winter) which is the biggest downside. The foundation provides medium coverage on my skin which has a bit of redness and a few spots and is able to cover up all of the redness and most of the acne with little help from concealer. Since the foundation is called "Wake Me Up" it is intended to give a very radiant effect which it does beautifully. The foundation contains shimmer but it is incredibly subtle and will not appear when you have the makeup on (ie, under no circumstances will you look like a disco ball). The foundation itself seems to have a satin finish and the shimmer adds the luminosity which gives the effect of having mixed a bit of highlighter into a regular foundation. Unlike most 'glowy' foundations, this one is luminous, NOT dewy. Dewy foundations give the face a wet look in my opinion whereas this just looks like well, you got a really good nights sleep! For the most part my skin is normal but it does have quite a few dry patches and this foundation does not accentuate them which is essential. I can cover up acne if needed but there is just no way to make the majority of foundations sit nicely on dry patches and this would be one that does. I apply this foundation after toning and moisturizing my skin in the morning with my Real Techniques buffing face brush and I use downward strokes until it is completely blended which doesn't take long. The foundation does something that not a lot do which is that it blurs imperfections which I think may be a result of the shimmer. On my skin without powder and primer, this foundation lasts about 10 hours provided that I blot my skin every 3-4 hours to remove excess oil from melting my makeup off and my blush is still there at the end of it all. One of my favourite foundations of all time is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and this Rimmel one seems to be winning my affection at the moment! A potential downside of this foundation may be that it is scented which isn't very helpful for those with sensitive skin and if you're one of those people, the Silk Creme Foundation though quite expensive will probably accommodate you much better in that department. All in all, I love this foundation to death. If someone threw this foundation in a YSL bottle and gave it to me, I would have no trouble believing that it was a high end product. Regardless of whether or not it is in your budget to buy luxury brand makeup, if you're looking for a foundation that provides your skin with a natural but flawless and luminous effect, you have to try this!