August 1, 2014 | 1267 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Tutti Frutti

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

My favorite shade of the many lip butters I own. Why? The color is so lovely and thus I forgive the fact that its not as moisturizing as advertised. I own MAC Vegas volt and sometimes do not have the patience or audacity to pull it off for 8am lecture. This shade is a similar orangey coral loveliness that I can swipe on, drop in my bag, and reapply liberally and even sloppily without consulting the mirror. For the other lip butters, especially the pinks, my lips dry up after 3 hours and the hot pink flakes that shower people when I talk is disturbing as hell. This one never does that, is not as thick, and is great for layering over nude lipsticks or even reds.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this orange. This is a dead sexy coral shade that is buildable and works for all skin tones. It has enough shine and applies evenly. I like that it is creamy and not shimmery. It is also very hydrating. It is great for a pop of color on the lips and pairs nicely with turquoise e/s or accessories.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this lip butter. This color is so pretty, its an orange color but very wearable. Its very moisturizing to the lips and looks great with my fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. Perfect color for spring and summer. Highly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by demlooksxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had wanted this colour for the longest time and it definitely didn't disappoint! As others have mentioned, this turns into a nice coral colour on the lips, definitely not as bright as it appears in the tube. I personally find it pretty moisturizing on my lips. As for the staying power, it's not that good -- 2-3 hours max, less if eating/drinking is involved. I know people have complained about the packaging and though it is somewhat of an effort to open, I don't mind it all that much. Lastly, I do think this is pretty expensive for a drugstore lip balm-like product at $8 here in Canada. However, I found this colour unique enough to overlook that. Overall, I love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by cocodogg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

How to describe this?

It is supposed to be a coral color (which it is once you put it on), but in the tube it's a flat out orange.

This color is very good to use during the spring and summer when you use other warm colors with it. And coral is always a nice switch from using those dark burgundy colors you would use during the colder months.

Wha I like about this, is unlike lipsticks, it doesn't dry out my lips. However if I do have chapped lips, it will show that when you apply it.

I think my favorite way to use this, is to add a bit of chapstick on, then add a couple of dabs on my lips, and rub it into my lips. It just adds a slight hue, which I like.

The lips butters lack lasting power, but I have no problem applying it after a few hours (when it wears off).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been hearing great reviews about these lip butters. I was fortunate to find them on sale at one of our local drug mart. It costs me about 5 bucks each.

The lip butter itself appears as a bright orange in the tube. However, when I put it on, the color is rather sheer and it is quite buildable. I have overall dark features. The lip butter turns into a nice coral color when I put it on. It complement my features and is quite flattering.

The formula is very creamy. It will stay for a few hours and you definitely need to reapply it after eating or drinking. The package looks nice with the transparent cap. But I could understand if someone finds that cheap looking instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you buy a Lip Butter, do me a favor before using it: Open it up, and twist it so you can see all the product in it. Compare the amount of product in there to what you paid for it.

Yeah. A little bit disappointing.

I will say that this is a really pleasant formula, though. I liked it, it's fun, a pretty color. I can't wait for spring, this is a great color for it. But unfortunately, I don't see the need to repurchase. It's just not enough unless you get it on sale or something.

The formula is smooth, comfortable, and moisturizing... but unfortunately, like all lip butters, it loses a lip with me because of its poor staying power. An hour or two at best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters aren't what you'd imagine when you hear "lip butter"--they're very pigmented, and rather thick and heavy with a smooth creamy formula. I find that this description is consistent with all the shades that I've tried, including Tutti Frutti.
Tutti Frutti looks like a pure bright orange in the tube, but it's actually a very flattering, wearable bright orange-peach. It does have a nice shiny finish. I'm NC30 for reference, but when I was NC35 it looked just as great on me!
The best thing about this shade is that it's very buildable. You can put on one or two layers for a lovely pop of coral (because the pink in your natural lip color shows through), or you can layer on three to four layers for a brighter, more orange hue. I personally like to wear two layers, but if I don't want the shininess, I apply four layers then lightly blot twice.
This shade, like all orange lipsticks, are best worn with bold eyebrows and minimal eye makeup.
For me, I do need to reapply once or twice (especially if I'm eating or drinking) during the day, but I don't mind reapplication.
It's also somewhat moisturizing, but nonetheless, it CAN emphasize dryness.
It retails for around $7.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by beautifulletdown15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first lip butter I picked up from Revlon and it's been my favourite hands down! The colour is perfect on me and I love that you can do a sheer wash or build it up to a more vibrant orange.

The texture is creamy and moisturizing but it doesn't leave a film on my lips or feel waxy.I didn't used to like lipsticks or glosses, I was more of chapstick kind of girl, but these lip butters helped convert me! It's the feel of a lip balm with a nice touch of colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by misroule

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this color yesterday and it's basically straight up orange. Don't let that scare you though! The color is really buildable so you can do a sheer wash of color or make it really bright and punchy. I can already tell this is going to be my go-to fun color for spring and summer. I particularly recommend this shade to redheads that are trying to avoid blueish tones.

The only thing I rate poorly is the packaging quality. The base should be bigger which would make it easier to grab and open and I've had an issue with one of my lipbutters getting all turned around and messy.