April 20, 2014 | 1695 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Tutti Frutti

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been hearing great reviews about these lip butters. I was fortunate to find them on sale at one of our local drug mart. It costs me about 5 bucks each.

The lip butter itself appears as a bright orange in the tube. However, when I put it on, the color is rather sheer and it is quite buildable. I have overall dark features. The lip butter turns into a nice coral color when I put it on. It complement my features and is quite flattering.

The formula is very creamy. It will stay for a few hours and you definitely need to reapply it after eating or drinking. The package looks nice with the transparent cap. But I could understand if someone finds that cheap looking instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you buy a Lip Butter, do me a favor before using it: Open it up, and twist it so you can see all the product in it. Compare the amount of product in there to what you paid for it.

Yeah. A little bit disappointing.

I will say that this is a really pleasant formula, though. I liked it, it's fun, a pretty color. I can't wait for spring, this is a great color for it. But unfortunately, I don't see the need to repurchase. It's just not enough unless you get it on sale or something.

The formula is smooth, comfortable, and moisturizing... but unfortunately, like all lip butters, it loses a lip with me because of its poor staying power. An hour or two at best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters aren't what you'd imagine when you hear "lip butter"--they're very pigmented, and rather thick and heavy with a smooth creamy formula. I find that this description is consistent with all the shades that I've tried, including Tutti Frutti.
Tutti Frutti looks like a pure bright orange in the tube, but it's actually a very flattering, wearable bright orange-peach. It does have a nice shiny finish. I'm NC30 for reference, but when I was NC35 it looked just as great on me!
The best thing about this shade is that it's very buildable. You can put on one or two layers for a lovely pop of coral (because the pink in your natural lip color shows through), or you can layer on three to four layers for a brighter, more orange hue. I personally like to wear two layers, but if I don't want the shininess, I apply four layers then lightly blot twice.
This shade, like all orange lipsticks, are best worn with bold eyebrows and minimal eye makeup.
For me, I do need to reapply once or twice (especially if I'm eating or drinking) during the day, but I don't mind reapplication.
It's also somewhat moisturizing, but nonetheless, it CAN emphasize dryness.
It retails for around $7.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by beautifulletdown15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first lip butter I picked up from Revlon and it's been my favourite hands down! The colour is perfect on me and I love that you can do a sheer wash or build it up to a more vibrant orange.

The texture is creamy and moisturizing but it doesn't leave a film on my lips or feel waxy.I didn't used to like lipsticks or glosses, I was more of chapstick kind of girl, but these lip butters helped convert me! It's the feel of a lip balm with a nice touch of colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by misroule

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this color yesterday and it's basically straight up orange. Don't let that scare you though! The color is really buildable so you can do a sheer wash of color or make it really bright and punchy. I can already tell this is going to be my go-to fun color for spring and summer. I particularly recommend this shade to redheads that are trying to avoid blueish tones.

The only thing I rate poorly is the packaging quality. The base should be bigger which would make it easier to grab and open and I've had an issue with one of my lipbutters getting all turned around and messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by bichmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try lip butters after hearing so many great reviews on it. My main problem was, what colour? I couldn't afford to try the entire line and already have a lot of lipsticks, lip balms, lip stains, etc. at home. I came onto MUA to scour the reviews and checked Google Images for some swatches. Finally, decided on Tutti Fruitti as one of the colours. Mainly because I currently don't have an orange lip anything in my collection so it made sense to add it and since lip butters are more sheer if this isn't a colour that suites my face/skin colour it would be easier to blend.

However, I was surprisingly pleased with it. Someone wrote that this orange was a perfect colour for any skin type and they are right! I have very pigmented lips (kind of purply/pink almost a deep grape/light magenta colour) so lip products never show up right nor do they ever match the colour in the tube. This was no exception, I just got lucky that it turned into a nice pinkish/coral colour.

In addition to purchasing this product again, I am also recommending it to others. The next time it goes on sale, I am buying a back-up and another one for my mom.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by PerfumeMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a gorgeous shiny orange! This is a blood orange color on my lips, which are fairly pigmented. It really stands out (for reference, I am a bleached blonde NC25) on me without screaming *orange!!!!!* Don't be afraid, give it a try.. very cheap at Walmart or with extra bucks/on sale at CVS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by monique3445

I love this color! It's a very pretty orange (which is THE lip color of 2013 btw). The smell is not bothersome, the texture is good, and it doesn't dry out my lips. My husband even complimented the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color! It is a bright orange color with a bit of shimmer in it. You can build up the color to get the coverage you want. Depending on application, you can get a subtle light orange-y color or a bright, bold orange. Either way looks gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by xsaraboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tutti Frutti is an orange lip color that can be sheer or built up to opaque. It is a cream finish so there is no shimmer, and is can really brighten up the face. I really like the formula, but the color did not work out for me.