September 1, 2014 | 1101 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Whimsical 430

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Hmm I like the first reviewers idea of putting this over a baby blue polish to give it opacity (b/c white never works) as my only gripe about this polish is the opacity issue. By itself it is impossible to get the milky blue in the bottle. I did four coats and gave a blue toned milky jelly color but the lightness of the blue combines with the pinkness of my nail beds and it actually turns it a strange purplish grey milky color more than anything.

That said though... I still love this polish. I love Revlon for taking risks lately and I love them for creating dupes of polishes I couldn't otherwise avoid. Lippman's Glitter in the Air was one I ohh'd and awed over but I just don't spend that much on nail polish and then lo and behold Revlon makes a $4 copy. Sweeeet. I love the latest round of Revlon glitters that are in the milkier bases because each layer lets the previous layer peek through and you get this awesome layered depth. I love the glitter colors in this... baby blue and pink, one of my favorite combos. This polish also has smaller bits of blue and silverish white glitter through out.

It is such a cute fun color and it is part of the new Revlon permanent display so no searching for Limited Edition displays!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

It takes 4 coats to get the desired opacity. This looks like a great dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air! I didn't find any difficulty with application because it dried reasonably fast.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up for $6.49 at Rexall. It's a very, very sheer greyish-blue polish that's packed with different types of glitter. I see baby pink and baby blue hex glitter, a teensy bit of silver glitter, and some very fine particles of iridescent blue. This polish is so sheer that I think of it strictly as a top coat. So far, I've tried it over white (which looked patchy and hideous) and over a baby blue (which gave me the look I was after). I'm curious to see what it looks like on top of grey and black, as well. I didn't experience any problems in terms of application, and I found the glitter easy to distribute across my nails. It's a fun polish to experiment with, but when I'm working with glitter polishes, I prefer something that looks nice on its own as well as playing nice when layered with other colours. To me, this is just far too sheer to work well on its own, so it's no repurchase for me.