Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Isobutane, Propane, SD Alcohol 40 B, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Butane, Fragrance, Isopropyl Myristate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrolyzed Keratin

on 11/6/2013 2:25:00 AM

***EDITED***
I previously wrote a good review but after using this product for several weeks, must STRONGLY ADVISE ALL that this product caused hair loss for me at a rapid rate.
I used this product according to instructions @ 3x/week, washing my hair every other day, & noticed thinning that within 4 weeks, was literally causing my hairline to recede & thinning over my entire head- I have a head of thick hair & this product had cut the thickness of my hair by ATLEAST 40%. I don't know WHAT is in this product that caused this effect, but I read ingredients like propane that seem to be toxic. I am absolutely positive it was this product, as I noticed thinning after using it & changing nothing else in my routine, & after stopping usage, my hair is growing back.
PLEASE BE WARNED.

on 10/27/2013 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product a few days ago after just getting off work and needing a dry shampoo ASAP for a Halloween party since I had no time to Wash my hair before the party. After using it a few times I have to say it's a decent dry shampoo. It does the job in terms of freshening up hair and getting rid of oiliness HOWEVER the smell is pretty strong and it definitely lingers. I used it earlier around 11am and now with it being 4:30 I can still smell it. Won't be repurchasing because of that. No one wants to smell like strong old lady perfume all day. Yuck

on 10/27/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Product works well but the scent is awful (as many other reviewers have noted).

The smell reminds me of old, stale, musty perfume/cologne. It's also a scent that lingers. I also coughed after application of the product.

On the positive side, it's a fairly good dry shampoo in terms of effectiveness. I use dry shampoo to provide more texture, less slippage and hold for my hair when I have it up and this definitely helps me achieve all that.

on 9/27/2013 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

For the price and ease of getting your hands on this line (you can literally find Suave anywhere), the quality of their Keratin dry shampoo is pretty dang good! It's claims of being infused with keratin is a little weird as I put this in my hair at the roots, rub it in to soak up oil and then, as with most dry shampoo's, you work to brush it all out again. So how is infusing this with keratin supposed to help my hair if I dont leave it IN?

To be frank, I dont care, I'm not using this to give my hair any strength, I'm using it to clean up my roots on my 2nd day hair and it does just that. If I can't find my Dove dry shampoo and dont feel like spending ten bucks or more on lines like Psssst or Batiste...this is a great can to hold on stand by.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this in my quest to use more keratin based products in my hair care. I'm actually really ambivalent about it though. It does it's job of keeping my scalp unoily when I don't have time to wash my hair, but it smells like the perfume section at Macy's. Like fake flower scent and alcohol. I'll buy it again only because it doesn't make my roots go frizzy, unlike other brands, but if I find something else that works just as well and smells better, its gone.

on 8/6/2013 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

So far this is the best drugstore dry shampoo I have found. The Dove shampoo was ok but a lot of people had reported issues with the packaging so I switched to try the Suave Keratin after smelling a few at the store.

This stuff smells amazing! Sometimes when my hair isnt greasy I still spray the underpart so I can get the smell in my hair!

I will say it does reduce shine but you are left with that light layer to your hair so you have to brush it out. My bangs get oily between washes since my face is oily and I use this to reduce shine, but it is def not the same as washing your hair. If your hair looks gross, spray this product, but still put it up. This is no substitute for clean hair.

on 7/11/2013 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this stuff on days where my hair looks greasy or oily in the roots.
My main complaints are first of all, if you are not careful with applying, you will be able to see the white pigment of the powder sitting in your hair (which can easily be corrected by brushing) and the product runs out quickly. Other than that, I love this product.

on 7/10/2013 11:42:00 PM

Hands down this beats the original Suave dry shampoo in performance. However, I don't care for the smell on this one...too strong & artificial. Batiste Cherry is still my favorite so far.

on 7/4/2013 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this after reading such good reviews and really wanted to love it, but I really don't like it at all! I feel as though my hair looks more oily after using this product. I will stick to Batiste, which works so much better IMO.

on 6/21/2013 2:00:00 AM

I'm sorry, this product smells horrible! And not just like another generic, chemically smelling hair spray, but worse! To give an example, I live in a sorority house with about a million and one girls with about a million and one different hair sprays going off all weekend - And this one stood out as smelling the worst! my roommates wanted to kill me after I sprayed this it smelled so awful! One of them couldn't stop coughing! It gave me a headache after one night of use and I promptly threw it away.

Save your money.