Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

2.3

Water, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl N-Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Sea Salt, Montmorillonite, Squalane, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 42090/Blue 1, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

I felt like this was basically a moisturizer. The packaging is great and I love the pump top. But I didn't notice a difference while using it. My skin didn't look any different after applying and my makeup needed to be touched up after a few hours. There was absolutely no difference from if I just didn't use a primer at all. I wouldn't recommend it because it's not on the cheaper side of drugstore primers.

on 6/21/2013 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Cons:
-terrible smell
-terrible texture
-does not dry
-makes skin look oily and wet
-makeup does not say
Pros:
-good packaging

broke me out. worse breakout EVER!
the smell is horrible, it smells like boogers and plastic.

i will not buy this product again

on 6/14/2013 2:36:00 PM

This product is a joke. What a gimmick and I fell for it. Luckily I could return it. The packaging looks cools and I like the pump and that was it. It made my face have a green cast even blended in well!!! The way it goes on your skin it was like slime. It never dried and stayed tacky and did nothing to prime my skin. Fail for Almay.

on 5/29/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have no problem with this product NOW, now you might ask what I mean by "now" ? I will explain, the first time I used this product i broke me out bad with my foundation and with that I put it away, well I called Almay to tell them what happen and they said it shouldn't break me out and they told me to put some on my inner upper arm to see if there was any problems and I saw none. So I thought it was safe to put on my face and it was!!! I work, no breakouts no allergic reaction. So I thought to myself was it my foundation or the primer and then it hit me "IT'S MY FOUNDATION" sure enough it was but thankful I had replace that foundation with l"oreal bb cream. The only flaw is it doesn't hide the redness unless you leave green (don't rub it in tho) on the red area but other than that nothing else, it makes my makeup more vibrant and last longer

on 5/28/2013 5:11:00 AM

Awful. I should have researched this before I bought it. It made me break out so bad and it does absolutley nothing. Do not buy!

on 5/22/2013 1:38:00 PM

For a higher-priced drugstore primer this is just... Not worth it. No discernible color correction, doesn't dry matte, makes all face products look cakey.

on 5/7/2013 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I loved the eye catching colours within the primer and curious to see how the colours could help cover redness.
I did not see a real difference in my skin using this primer and actually felt it created more lines on my forehead then it actually smoothed which is a major problem to me.
As far as long wearing, I didnt see any improvements. I used this for about 2 weeks before moving onto another one.
I wouldn't consider repurchasing this.

on 5/6/2013 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an average primer. It makes my makeup last longer but doesn't do much color correcting for the redness/ scarring on my skin. The smell doesn't bother me, and I like that it has a pump.

on 4/28/2013 6:17:00 PM

this made my skin soo oily and feel disgusting. I tried this in the winter time so my skin was not oily, but a little dry. Once i put this primer on my face, it made all of my makeup come right off. I used it twice and its probably one of the worst products i have ever used.

on 4/12/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

FIRST IMPRESSION : LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the packaging! really eye catching. I like the pump, gets every bit of product out.

THINGS YOU MIGHT HATE: smells like NAIR hair remover (creme) and i really don't like that. But maybe some people might find it pleasant? When you apply it, it feels...uncomfortable. It's like a tight feeling but not the good type of tight feeling.
5-10 minutes after applying you might notice slight redness (depends skin type: i have very oily skin) and might feel tiny bumps on your forehead or chin, possibly both if you are really unlucky. Feels itchy, especially around the lips and eye area. last up to 4-5hrs and when I went for a "bathroom mirror break" and blot my face, my foundation came of ( I put only 1 layer of foundation and no concealer) so that's pretty much a down side.

THINGS YOU MIGHT LIKE: The packaging, the price (got it for 8$ i think? I used a gift card so i don't remember :/ sorry). you might also like how well it can fade a tiny bit of your uneven skin tone and scars. That's all i got

NOTE: this is not for oily skin... lets face it, primers are not meant for us super oily skinned people (except urban decay: HUGE TUMPS UP)

WILL I REPURCHASE? : sadly, no.

Hope this review helped~