December 22, 2014 | 871 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Color Correcting Primer (color 002)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by silldr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It seems pretty good. Does help makeup go on smoother and last longer. Mild color correcting effect- nothing really noticeable in my opinion, I still needed corrector concealer. It is a little pricey considering it's the same size as Rimmel fix & perfect for twice the price. It's good but not my HG.
UPDATE: Tried Palladio's face primer and it makes this stuff look like junk! The Palladio wouldn't be good for oily skin, but it beats this stuff hands down!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Believeinmagikx3

I was browsing target one random day to look for a primer and came across this one. I looked up some reviews and decided to try it out. A bit on the pricey side for a drug store brand but definitely worth it. It came in a cute pump bottle. Very hygenic and easy to carry around. A little bit goes a long way. It feels like velvet on your skin amd dries almost instantly! I fell in love with it after noticing that it not only made my makeup last longer but it also gives it a nice flawless finish! So why 4 stars instead of 5? The smell. I always hold my breath when applying it. I can't describe what it smells like but its a bit unplesant. And i didnt notice any color correction. My skin gets red some mornings after i wash my face and this doesnt really help it. I probably could of gotten away with the other primer (001). Overall i reccomend this primer but this is the first primer i've tried so i cant really compare it to anything. It showed me that primers make a difference with your make up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this primer and the 001 as there was a buy one get one 50% off. I have been using for about a month now. No breakouts, which is good. I have worn them alone. It does smooth the skin a bit. (Thankfully I decent skin so not sure what it would do for someone with real, regular skin issues). I have used with foundation also. It does mattify the skin somewhat but I do not believe it extends the lasting power of my foundation at all. I love Revlon's pump and glass bottle to dispense out the product to limit waste. Sometimes the product cakes in the pump and when you press the pump - products squirt out.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by laawhitegirl

EDIT: don't like this primer. After a few days it kind of just didn't work as a primer and I didnt like when you put it on and your skin feels oily. Now it's just taking up space in my makeup bag.. hoping to pass it on to someone since so many people seem to like it

I just purchased this about a week ago at target it was about $13 which is pretty good considering the great reviews and pricing of higher end primers. I always use rimmel london prime and fix which is great and i love it a lot.

However, I like to try new things and this primer is pretty good. I'm not sure if it is better yet because they are two different things. I think that this primer glides on more clear and I have noticed that it is more difficult to put my foundation on just because my skin feels like it is dry but it's not that big of a deal.

So far I have noticed that my face was less oilier during the day.
I believe that I will repurchase. I will update if I have any negative comments.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this Primer. The consistency is a mix between liquid and gel and as I apply it, it feels a little greasy but as it absorbs into my skin it "dries up" and becomes very smooth almost mattifying. After I apply it I don't notice any initial color correcting but as I waited a few mins for my skin to really absorb it before applying foundation, I see the redness disappear and any blotchiness is evened out. I absolutely love to wear it alone on no makeup days :) Would recommend this everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an overall great primer. It helps my makeup go on smoothly, color corrects any redness, and even though the product says nothing about oil control, it does keep the oil in my t-zone down for an hour or two longer than my old primer. The only thing I don't like about this is the smell. It smells so bad! It has a very plastic-like, chemically smell. It fades, but I have to hold my breath when applying this. I really enjoy the pump packaging. Don't use a full pump, though. A full pump will prime a small village. Half a pump is all you need. There is really great control on the pump. I could squeeze out a tiny drop if I wanted to! Other than the smell, this is a wonderful product. Wait for a coupon, though. This was on the expensive side for a drugstore product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by foreverpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Considering my track record with drugstore face products I was extremely reluctant to try this. I saw a display at my local drugstore and tried the sample on the back of my hand. It feels very much like a hybrid between Smashbox Photo Finish and an almost gel like consistancy, I was really hesitant to purchase this primer is large part because I have very oily acne prone skin and most primers have the tendency to break me out or turn me into a grease ball.

After reading a few of the reviews on MA I decided to give it a try. When I first applied it to my face I didn't really notice any colour correcting whatsoever. I have some redness in my cheeks and various spots of discolouration and scarring on my skin and to me they looked the same as they normally do. However, as a began to apply my foundation I noticed that i was using much less product to cover redness and discolouration. The primer also made my foundation glide on perfectly and blend with ease.

Without a primer my skin is typically oily just an hour after makeup application and I noticed that with this primer my skin still looked as though i had just applied my makeup after that duration. After about 3-4 hours without blotting my face looks like you could deep fry a chicken on it. However, once again this primer has my makeup looking nearly perfect. And finally, after a normal work/school day my makeup has pretty much slid off my face and there's nothing much left on my face. I typically notice that my blush is the first to disappear. This was not the case with Revlon's primer though!! I had to do a triple take when I looked in the mirror at the end of the day!! I don't think any product has EVER made my makeup hold on for this long! Sure, I was a little bit shiny, not greasy, but I had a glowy, dewy complexion, but my makeup looked *almost* as good as when I had applied it eight hours previous. For my very oily skin this is a HUGE feat.

I wanted to wait a few days before I wrote this review to make sure my skin didn't react negatively to this primer. So far I've been using it for 5 days and I haven't had any breakouts. I'll update if this changes. For now I'm just SO excited that I've found a product that can hold up to my oily skin. I know that no product could ever completely mattify my skin for the entire day but this product is leaps and bounds above anything else I've ever tried.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Love the coverage. Made my skin smooth and applying foundation was like a dream. Really big fan of the pump! Half a pump covers my whole face. My skin feels really soft. Pretty great for a drugstore primer. Doesn't make my skin feel greasy like the smashbox primer does. A little pricy but you get a ton of product! Not a fan of the smell but it doesn't put me off using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great primer!

It's light pink with a smooth, gel-like consistency -- it's not oily/greasy in texture like the Smashbox primer, which is a major plus. The packaging is very cute and convenient. It comes in the same pump-bottle as the Photoready foundation. I apply this after I've let my moisturizer sink in, wait a few minutes and then apply my foundation. It works great underneath the Photoready foundation and also underneath powder and mineral foundations. I have a few small crater-ish scars from past blemishes and I feel that this primer fills them in and creates a smooth surface for my concealer and foundation to go over. As for color correcting, I think this really does work for that at least a little bit. My redness becomes less obvious and after concealer and foundation disappears altogether. With the combination of this primer and setting powder/mineral veil, my make-up really does last all throughout the day.

At around $11-12, this is a little pricey for a drugstore product, but look out for frequent BOGOs on Revlon. I only use about half a pump for my entire face, so this 1.5 ounce bottle will probably last me quite a while.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by mizzmai

been using this primer for 2 weeks and i love it. the packaging is sturdy as it is the same packaging as the photoready foundation. love the pump! it goes on smooth and is mattifying. it blends out easily and a lil goes a long way.
as for the color correcting aspect, it helps, but does not completely 'correct'.
the only downer is the smell. fragrance usually does not bother me but this has a creamy, milky, chemically smell.
definitely a superb drugstore primer.