This is by far the BEST primer I've ever used. It easily beat out the department store brands I've tried in the past. It makes my skin smooth and matte and keeps my foundation on for hours longer than it would last otherwise. I haven't noticed any white marks on my face like others have mentioned, but my skin is very pale. $13 is just a bit pricey for a drugstore product, but I only need to use a small amount each day. I'm likely to buy this again.
I've purchased this product about three times..I love it's creamy texture. It definitely helped my makeup stay on longer but I still developed a shine halfway through the day. Also I think it's overpriced for a drugstore product, I think I paid around 17$ for it. Also I hate the packaging because it gets stuck around the bottom where the pump doesn't reach so you have to pry the bottle open. Good product not great.
I will not repeat al the things the girls said before me about the texture, feel, packaging etc.
I like that primer the best of all primers I've ever had BUT I do not wear it with a foundation. Never. The blurring effect it gives is very nice and seems that I am wearing nothing on my face, which is great! If someone is interested - I sometimes use Revlon Color Stay foundation (in Buff), but without a primer. It just turned out that my skin does not like layers of products, no matter how thin they are.
The primer also gives very natural matte finich without accentuating dry patches and does not cause breakouts. The overall effect is my skin, but better and naturally blurred. It reduces the pores, but of course it cannot make them invisible. If someone found a product that does, please, let me know!
Definitely buying again, if something better does not come to the market. To me, it worths every cent.
I think this is a decent primer for filling pores, but I don't know if this helps my foundation to last longer since I use TM often.
The tube is convenient with a pump and it lasts for a pretty long time.
I have used up one bottle, but I don't think I would buy it again since i don't consider this to be essential to my makeup routine.
I've tested out so many primers that I think I can create a blog just on foundation primers and call it "Pathways to Pathetic Primers". For the past year, I went without primer because I can't find a decent one. I've tried drugstore, midrange and highend ones. Some were okay but not worth the extra step. My skin is oily, visible pores, reactive, clog prone. The ones that were okay were the ones that did preform decent but either clogged my skin or caused breakouts with continued use. I heard Revlon PhotoReady 001 was a decent one so I decided to pick it up. My thoughts:
1. The feeling of this is light. It isn't as thick as Clarins or L'Oreal. Almost feels like it's not priming anything.
2. I would consider myself a pro at blending out foundation. I'm never one to be streaky or have lines. However, with this primer, I noticed some streaking with my foundation while out in sunlight. I have to get a tissue and firmly buff the foundation into the skin to make it look even.
3. I also experienced a white cast when using this. Even with bronzer buffed over my foundation, I had this very faint white cast all over. It appeared as though I dusted my face with white silica finishing powder. I'm olive skinned so you can easily tell when you overdo a finishing powder! I wasn't wearing any powder yet it looked as I did.
4. This didn't cause any dry patches or make my skin feel uncomfortable.
5. I can still see pores with this primer.
6. My cheeks remained oil free but my Tzone did not which is a disappointment since it is very cold and dry outside. I don't think this would hold up that good in the summer.
7. This doesn't cause any reactions.
I tried this primer and I didn't like it at all. It made my face feel very dry and hard. It did keep my foundation on all day. The texture was similiar to other silicone primers, but it is unlike any primer I have ever used. I stopped using it immediately. I feel like it is a primer from the stone age.
This made my foundation look like I was wearing chalk. Not impressed and will not be using it again - very disappointed.
It works well on my skin as I have an oily skin, it did a great job on controlling the shine on my face. Makeup does stay put for hours longer but it dries them up and make them look cakey. Plus, this gave me breakouts too :(
I honestly don't understand this product. It has a thick and sticky consistency and leaves streaks. I'm NW25 and it makes me look really really pale. It also made my foundation really streaky and difficult to blend and kind of just made everything look unnatural and awkward, especially on my nose. This product could be okay as maybe an eyelid primer since it's so thick but blegh no. It even kind of bundled up on my face into tiny balls of continued awkwardness.
I also hate the fact that every single time i pick it up, even if i've only used it the previous day, the pump has accumulated hard build up of the product that comes out when squirted. Meaning i have to fiddle around and so on and so forth and idk guys, i just dont get it.
It keeps me from getting oily and keeps my makeup on for longer. It casted a white tint and made me look ghostly, but did reduce the redness on my face.