December 22, 2014 | 1763 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by tiffchan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This BB cream is great. I tend to have oily skin and if i use any other foundation itll either turn cakey or oxidize... I like this one, its light and refreshing. But its so expensive and there isnt really THAT much in one tube. I noticed that they changed the packaging a bit lately.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by JDorion

While it isn't SUPER moisturizing, this bb has a nice non-dewy finish, and did not break me out (Bonus!!!). medium coverage, high $$$ - it was about 40 bucks. use a moisturizer under it and you'll be fine.
P.S the fair/light shade works perfect for me, complete match!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by mrsgrego

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I fell in love with this product the first time I tried it. I had a tried a couple BB creams prior to this one and this one in comparison was like a step above the rest. It was less dewy yet still moisturizing. But alas, after using this product for months my love for this product has diminished. I have come to the conclusion that although it does provide a less dewy finish than other BB creams that I've tried in the past and although it looks very natural it isn't as moisturizing as I would like it to be. In fact it accentuates any dry flake that pops up and they are popping up everywhere with this product. I prefer a BB cream that I can pop up sans moisturizer, primer, etc. because as a busy mom on-the-go I want something that evens me out and gives me that little extra boost. My face is very dry and this product doesn't help at all. Therefore, I will use this up and won't be repurchasing. On a side note, I did purchase the trial size (a cute little squeeze tube) and later received another trial size from my mom. These two little trials have lasted about 6 months with everyday use and there's still tons left!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hm. My feelings towards this product have definitely changed the longer I've used it. I first came across this product while in the market for my first BB creams/tinted moisturizers and received a sample. The sample of the product was lovely and I eventually ended up purchasing a full tube of this about a year later after trying (and loving) other brands, but not able to get the Smashbox out of my head.

This product does not perform as well as I remember the sample performing. I recall this having a very similar finish to my beloved Bobbi Brown BB, just a bit slicker, and wearing very, very well on my oily skin. (And I even tested this sample in the summer!)

This literally seems to slide right off of my face, even when set with powder. If I touch my skin an hour or so later, product sloths right off. By the end of the day, everything seems to just be sitting on top of my skin waiting to smear away.

I am extremely pale, and the lightest shade is a good match, but I MUCH prefer my Tarte and Bobbi Brown BBs/TMs.

This also irritates my eyes if I get too close to my lids.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by mlmathes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pricey, but worth it!!

I first tried this product in a Try Me kit with travel sizes of the BB cream in Light, Halo powder in Light and their basic primer. I love the way my skin looks when using the combination of the BB Cream and the Halo powder.

I have a light to fair complexion with some redness, and while this covers it well - it doesn't have a heavy feel. I have no problem blending this product; I use a slightly dampened Beauty Blender, and blend out the dots on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin.

This, along with the Halo, brightens my skin (now that I am older I am losing that youthful glow :( ). It keeps my skin shine free, all day, and the coverage lasts until I remove it. The redness doesn't show through!!

I love this product so much, that I broke bad and purchased the full sizes (BB Cream - $39 and Halo - $59) along with another Try Me kit so I have them when I travel. Using the Ulta Platinum points, discounts, etc. it is still incredibly expensive, but a little better. The trial size has lasted almost 2 months so far, so you do get what you pay for!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by EmilyVO86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

After going years and years without wearing much make up apart from concealer for the under-eye area or the occasional blemish, I needed something with decent coverage to give my skin a more even, polished look for work and going out. I was really reluctant to apply foundation to my skin 5 days a week and a BB cream promised to actually nourish & repair my skin as well as making it look pretty.

I started using this a few years ago and I can't really remember why I chose this brand of BB cream in particular.

Pros:
- provides light coverage (good for those with pretty decent skin)
- applies smoothly
- no irritating fragrance
- good colour match for my pale skin
- lasts a surprisingly long time (ran out after daily application to whole face for about 4 months) for such a small tube.
- photographs well
- does not look cakey and does not oxidise
- does not cause breakouts

Cons:
- relatively expensive compared to other BB creams
- light coverage means concealer is a must if you have any spots

Have repurchased several times over the years but am wearing it regularly these days. However it lives in my handbag and I use it if I need a bit of a touch up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered the Smashbox "Try Me" set with this BB Cream, the Halo powder and Primer. I was very impressed at how easily this blended, it made my skin look very even and smooth. Used along with the Halo powder my skin looked flawless all day and it didn't stick to my dry patches. There was more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, I would say a good buildable to medium coverage and then to med-full when used with the Halo powder. I will very likely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample sachet with either a Sephora or ULTA order, so I cannot speak to the long term benefits of using this product.

Although the sample I received came in light (3rd from lightest-fair), which was a bit dark for me, It still blended out fairly well and was still workable. I put this on at around 7:30am and started to notice some wear through and sheen at around 12pm. The wear through was minimal in some areas and moderate in others. Minimal wear in laugh lines (barely noticeable) and peek-through on the nose (my allergies are ramping up so that's to be expected). Moderate wear in patchiness on my cheeks...lots of little dry patches. I've noticed a similar look with certain sunblocks. As if they have dried out the more sensitive areas of my skin. Sheen was minimal, concentrated mostly near the creases of my nose.This actually wears more decently than most. I wouldn't purchase right now, but if I'm not able to find anything better (or if my skin gets better) then I would consider this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had been using Garnier's BB cream for over a year when I bought this at Ulta last summer. I had been looking to up the ante on my BB cream for awhile and bought this based on a recommendation as well as the high SPF.

At $39, this is an expensive product but I usually find that it's worth it to get the good stuff when it comes to face makeup. The packaging is fine, it works, but its nothing to write home about.

I found this BB cream to be difficult to spread. It did work well in camouflaging imperfections. I wore this to both a music festival as well as an 8 hour long outdoor wedding in the dead of summer and it stayed on. I also didn't have the issues with greasiness that I had with the Garnier one.

I did have to return this product. I tried it on in the store, but with the store's lighting I did not realize that it was not the right color for my skin tone. Not in terms of light or dark, but in the actual tone. It did not blend well with my coloring. I have neutral-to-warm olive skin and this looked reddish on me.

I am giving it a 3. The reason I returned it had nothing to do with the performance - it just wasn't a good color match for me. It did have good coverage but I was not impressed enough to off set the high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by parisianwalkways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

very hydrating, lovely natural coverage, easy application.