December 20, 2014 | 1766 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2006 3:06:00 AM More reviews by aebernero23

I love this product. It works well, and you don't have rub too hard or tug and your eyes to get it to do it's job. It's effortless, and it doesn't burn and sting like other makeup removers. I highly recommend this product, but have to admit that I no longer use it. I have begun using jojoba oil and it acts as a makeup remover as well as a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 3:07:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Creamy formula. Feels a teeny bit greasy so it's best used at the end of the day than for correcting makeup errors in the morning. Removes waterproof mascara and stubborn gel liners. I have to apply this twice usually - once gets most of my eye makeup off, but when I tissue off there's always a little left (it loosens the makeup instead of dissolving it and carrying it away - maybe I don't tissue off well enough), so I repeat to be thorough. Rinses away easily with water, though. Handy translucent tube with flip top is convenient to use and secure enough for travel. Feels very similar to Nivea's Eye Makeup Remover but this one actually delivers :) Isn't quite as quick-acting as my HG remover (Physicians Formula Vital Lash Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover Lotion), so this gets an overall rating of 4. YMMV, it depends if you prefer a liquid or a cream remover :)

UPDATE: Bumping the rating up to 5. I smear a dab of this on my eyes and lashes when I get in the shower and then rinse it all away before I get out. How easy is that? :) No tugging at delicate skin, no icky residue, no eye irritation. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by BallerinaMuse

I am SO impressed and pleased with this product. I'm extremely careful when it comes to my eyes and I'm always worried about wearing anything near my eye and especially removing it.
I've tried lots of eye makeup removers , both gentle and not so gentle , and this stuff is fantastic.
It's a cream and it's great if you're worried about liquid makeup remover running all over the place and getting in your eyes. This stuff stays put where you apply it and doesn't irritate the eye area.
I apply this on a cotton pad and two or three swipes and most of the eye makeup is gone.
I'm a very difficult person to please and I'm often "underwhelmed" by products and I'm super pleased with this product.

I love that the "Clinique" brand tests their products and that they're designed for sensitive eyes and skin.

Thank you Clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2006 12:31:00 PM More reviews by slaing11

I have been looking for a good eye make-up remover for a long time and this is the closest I have come to. I doesn't irritate my eyes, doesn't dry out the skin around them, and does a pretty good job removing my eye make-up (even waterproof!). I still wake up the next morning with small rings under my eyes, but nothing too bad (not enough that it gets on anything, or even that anyone else but me really notices) and that has happened with every other product I have tried for sensitive skin. For those of us with sensitive eyes who can't use industrial strength, this is the best thing out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2006 11:59:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathemuppet

I think I am pretty pleased with an eye-makeup remover... finally! I say finally because just recently I seem to be having some sort of eye irritation where my outer corners of my eyes and lashes are extremely sensitive and burning.. I probably need to go to an opthamologist and stop wearing and changing eye makeup & heavy mascara for a while.. but I just can't go without make-up! haha Normally I could use any old e-m-u remover and there would be no problem, but most everything that I've been using lately has irritated and stings my eyes. I had to return the Clarins remover and instead bought this. It is really simple.. and a good idea actually!! I do add a little water to the cotton pad after I've rubbed most of it off first, just for a cooling effect.. but again, this is probably just because my eyes are so irritated right now. It's nice to not have to immediately wash your face off to get rid of any oily residue. I guess you could think of it as a sort of cold-cream type makeup remover for your eyes, but it's world better and more soothing than that. I think I'll actually stick with this one for a while! And hopefully my poor sensitive lashes and eyes will take a hike!! ;) Edit: I got a severe eye infection after using this, which was already bothering me before like I said.. but this seemed to actually make it worse. Maybe it wasn't the remover's fault.. but nonetheless I took it back and I'm sticking to my $5 Pond's eye m-u remover which is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by pinkbubblegum2001

This is a great eye makeup remover, and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The best eye makeup remover I've ever tried! Although make sure you have your eyes closed or it'll feel weird, but it doesnt sting!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2006 2:16:00 PM More reviews by CarrieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing product. I have very sensitive eyes, and this is the most gental eye makeup remover I have ever used. It does the job well and is not irritating to my skin or does it cause me to have to work to get my eye make off or cause me to really have to rub my eyes and possible cause wrinkles. This is a HG for me and I highly recommend to people who have sensitive eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by RivkahFox

Despite claiming not to sting eyes, it does. I have a hard time taking off mascara with this and I do not use waterproof mascara. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2005 12:03:00 PM More reviews by prettyinhotpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hardly wear any eye makeup b/c my face doesn't hold the stuff well and all it takes is too much mascara and I look like a tramp, lol. Anyway, it's the only brand and type I have ever used so I can't give a comparison but I really like this stuff. It's a creme that will last you a long time even though the tube it fairly small (2.5 fl. oz.) b/c you do not need a lot to get the makeup off. I dab a tiny bit on my finger and then rub into my eye. Then I take a cotton ball and rub it in more and it gets all the mascara. I don't know how well it would do w/ eye liner b/c I don't wear any.

My only gripe is that it leaves an oily residue so I have to follow w/ a wet cotton ball to clean up the shiny film. There is no fragrance and it doesn't burn eyes..I would recommend for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2005 12:49:00 AM More reviews by LadyChristine

I tried this product because I like Clinique's other makeup removers (take the day off and rinse off eyemakeup solvent), but this one does not remove all of my eye makeup. It is a cream going on and leaves a slight oily residue AND my eyeliner. The only reason why I'm giving this two stars is because it does not sting the eyes at all (tear-free as advertised) and is fragrance free.