November 27, 2014 | 1431 users online

Mascara - Borghese - Superiore State-Of-The-Art Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2006 3:36:00 AM More reviews by JessKW

So far this is the best mascara I have tried. It seperates and lenghtens my lashes fairly well. It doesn't really curl or hold curl though. I don't really mind that it doesn't hold curl because it is so perfect except for that. I hope to find one that lets me do both.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2005 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mzplacedinphilly

This mascara works really well for me - average length lashes and density. I can get out the door with one coat. No irritation or flaking. Long natural looking full lashes are the result. Due to this not being carried by many of the vendors I order from online I am currently investigating other brands. But, if the search continues as it has been I think it will be worth the extra effort.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2005 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Emkat8

Like all of the Borghese products I've tried-can't figure out what all the hype is about. This mascara is OK, but way too expensive for the mediocore job it does on my lashes. It isn't clumpy, which is good, but it isn't thickening on my lashes. My lashes looked long, but that was it. I have very short and thin lashes, so they still looked like I wasn't wearing any mascara because the weren't thick or full. I wouldn't buy again or recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2005 3:59:00 AM More reviews by hilli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful packaging. Thickens the lashes beautifully. The only thing is, is get the waterproof and remover because the non-waterproof tends to spread in humid weather and you look a bit like Alice Cooper.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2005 2:57:00 PM More reviews by anitw

Don`t know if I like the packaging. Silver and gold? Looks kind of tacky.
But the mascara works. It is not for parties, but for daytime its perfect. Makes my lashes look long and natural. The black is natural too. Thumbs up

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2005 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Toni3055

I wanted to be fair and wear this at least twice before giving a final determination. I really thought Borghese had potential, which is why it even got a second chance. It didn't get a third. LOL!

The packaging is nice enough to look at, although it does a lousy job of containing extra product from getting on the brush. The brush is a run-of-the-mill pinetree volumizer, perpetually chock full of mascara at both ends, while the middle stayed fairly dry. I kept having to wipe it off, which I hate; little tissue fuzzies get in there. Ugh!

The formula itself is creamy, moist and rich, and the color of the black is very dark. I can see how it could be a big smudger, depending on what type of eye moisturizer you use underneath. Luckily, I didn't have THAT problem. LOL! My big beef with Borghese is the spidery and "square" look of the mascara. It also requires major brush-wiping and lash-combing, two things I prefer not to have to do with mascara. Hell, I probably didn't have to, since it STILL looked icky afterwards, anyway. :P

The bristles of the brush are spaced too far apart for the liking of my sparse lashes, and the formula is on the heavy side. It didn't sag my lashes dramatically, but it did lower their elevation a few degrees. ;) I tried everything to make it work and spent a lot of time, yet it didn't matter if I twirled, rolled, zigged or zagged; the mascara was clumpy, spidery, and square, no matter how much I tried to help it along wiping and combing, too. Maddeningly, it did lengthen nicely. I really WANTED to like it, but it was just too frustrating, and too much work! :(

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2005 8:41:00 AM More reviews by mgrazulis

I purchased the Waterproof formula of the State-of-the-Art Mascara. The tube is gorgeous, a silver fluted one with a black ring on the lower end of the tube. The brush itself deserves a "tour" of its own. It is dense, tapered, fluffy and tiered with staggered length bristles. I was amazed at the coverage with one swipe on the lashes! When you apply this decadent formulation it is very wet and shiny. Best of all--no crunchies when it dries!!!

Yes, this is not the cheapest mascara...but shop around. Many e-tailers place it on sale. Our Costco handles only the nonwaterproof version, the one with the gold ring. Try this waterproof formulation...it is easy to apply, gives you dense, dark, lush lashes. Removes easily with your favorite cleanser and water. By far my favorite mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2005 1:11:00 PM More reviews by tripprudy3

I purchased a make up gift set and this mascara was included. I was a little hesitant at first, but I am starting to really like it. My eye lashes are long, but I always use an eye lash curler with any mascara. My lashes look great, have to use at least 2-3 coats. And yes, because I use a fairly rich eye cream, it does flake a little after a few hours of wear. That does not distract from me using this mascara, I just gently wipe away the flakes with additional eye cream and apply a small amount of concealer under my eyes. Usually, there are only 1 or 2 flakes. I would think the flakes would be harder to remove if powder was used under the eye, but I never, never apply powder under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2005 12:18:00 PM More reviews by srobinb

So I'm never really all that impressed with mascaras. I have pitiful lashes, and even the best mascara doesn't do too much for them. That being said - this product definitely WOWed me. I love the brush - plush and tapered. The formula, I'd compare it to Px's False Eyelashes but soooo much better. It doesn't dry out as quickly as the Px does. I'm not a fan of spending $20 on mascara since you have to replace it so often, but I keep a tube of this around for when I want my lashes too look especially nice. It gives my scraggly lashes fullness and length, the formula is light enough so it doesn't weigh the curl down, and the color (I got black) is dark and shiney. It doesn't smear, even on my bottom lashes. The packaging is very 'posh' - it's a silver and gold metal tube. All in all, a great mascara. I took one point off for my overall rating b/c it is a little spendy - but definitely worth it to me!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by doodlebop

I got a sample size of this mascara in black and I tried it out. At first I thought I would purchase the full size, but I'm glad I didn't rush out for this.
Although this mascara has a nice brush applicator, a rich color, and it doesn't make your lashes "crunchy", it does smudge late in the day. I went back to "Old Faithful" Lancome definicils. It does make my lashes a little crunchy, but it never ever gives me the Racoon Syndrome.