July 24, 2014 | 1971 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Ro's Argan Body Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This scent is so light and delicious and at 32.95 USD I still would repurchase since I am too lazy to put on lotion after showering most of the time. This really saves me time after using a scrub.

Heavily perfumed items don't really do it for me anymore. This conditioner plays nicely with my body oils and perfumes if I chose to use them.

Consistency is like a soft cream, the container is normal lush container and takes being dropped well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I live in a very dry city and have had problem skin all of my life. I don't know if I can even describe it, because when I've tried to explain to other people before they usually say they have the same problems, but they really don't. My skin is really bad. Its dry and flakey beyond belief. If I scratch a patch of skin I can literally see flakes flying around the air and my skin is so tight and prickly feeling all of the time that it's almost painful. In the winter I will scratch in my sleep and often I scratch so hard that I will actually bleed. So not only am I covered with dry flakey patches everywhere, I also end up covered in scratches and scabs. IT IS NASTY.

Having said that, I have always had a hard time moisturizing my skin. First of all I find it time consuming. It takes patience to rub moisturizer all over ones entire body every morning and night. Once my body is covered in moisturizer I have to just sit around in a towel for a good 10-15 minutes while it soaks in. Not good when already rushing around in the morning getting ready for work. Furthermore, while moisturizing may give me some temporary relief, it only lasts a few hours at best, and depending on the moisturizer and the ingredients, some products actually make my skin problems even worse. Like scented body oils are a big no no for me because they make my skin feel good at first but then they cause me even more itchiness and I will spend days scratching like crazy after using.

Then I found Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. Oh My God! It's like a miracle product to me. I don't want to jinx myself because I'm still fairly new to using the product and sometimes a product will work for me for a short time and then as I become used to it, it stops doing anything. Please God don't let that happen with this product. First of all it is so easy to apply. I wash my hair and body, then I put my hair conditioner on and while I'm letting that soak into my hair I apply this body conditioner. Since I'm wet the product spreads super easily and within about 60-90 seconds I have covered my whole body. After I rinse I do notice a tiny bit of a sticky oily feeling, but it entirely disappears after my body dries. Then all I'm left with is soft smooth hydrated skin that doesn't seem to have even a hint of product on it. I have never had soft skin like this in my entire life! and I've tried hundreds of different products, including just about every single moisturizer that Lush offers. Not only that but it lasts for a few days so I really only have to apply it during every second shower.

I took one lippy away because the price is outrageous. I don't feel like I use a lot when I apply but the product disappears quickly. Still, much as the price hurts, I'm still gonna buy it because I haven't found anything that comes close to healing my poor skin. I don't mind the scent either. It's not my favorite Lush scent but I don't find it offensive in any way. Funny to read all the different description of the scent here. Seems like everyone picks up something different from it. Some people here have said that it smells like beer and I can definitely pick up a beer scent when I smell the product in the jar. On my skin it kind of reminds me of the Honey I washed the Kids scent, which I don't mind at all. Some people state that it smells strongly of roses and I know that there is rose oil in it but I don't smell roses at all. In any case I don't mind it. It's sweet and subtle. As long as this product works for me I will keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I blame all my girlfriends for the massive hole in my wallet.

My girlfriends sucked me into the Lush cult, but honestly I can't be mad. I love this brand and all the products I've tried so far!

My latest splurge was Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. I waltzed into the Lush store by my house and a very nice sales associate demonstrated how this works on my arm over their sink. I loved the smell of it and my skin felt so supple and soft! I was sold!

I've been using this after exfoliating in the shower and my skin feels so moisturized, smooth and soft after. It's very pricey but I was having a TREAT YOSELF day and well, I'm glad I made this purchase. I don't regret it one bit.

I mean, even my boyfriend has noticed. He keeps touching my arms and legs and commenting on how soft I feel!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by kittypuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I too got sucked in after having a salesgirl give me an in-store hand treatment with this. I use it like a body oil after I shower, rubbing it in while my skin is still dripping wet, and then toweling off without rinsing. I like the feeling and my skin feels super soft to me, but my boyfriend has complained that I feel "sticky" or "slimy", haha. I usually use it before bed anyway though so by morning the stickiness is all gone.

PROS:
- I love the smell, it's not a stinky overpowering rose smell but quite pleasant. I am almost done with my jar and the scent has not "turned" at all for me (but I keep the pot out of the shower).
- Makes skin soooo soft! If you apply when skin is wet you really don't need to use much.

CONS:
- REALLY expensive. Like others have said, I was splurging the day I bought it, and am undecided whether I would buy it again... I really like it, but $32 is incredibly expensive for a body lotion that, when it comes down to it, doesn't do anything that different from what other lotions do...
- Will make your towels smell strongly of the product as you pat/rub off a good amount of it during drying.

That said, I have still enjoyed my experience with this product. It's quite a treat! In fact I may go soak in the bath now and slather some on ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by vanitykey

First off, the smell of this stuff is amazing. Rose and sweet candy cane combined. It makes my skin feel really soft. Like really soft! I don't rinse this with water just cos I want the smell of this stuff to stay on my skin. I pat dry with a towel. My sheets and towels have the scent of this product a lot! Yay! I only use this on rest days because I still have too many lotions to finish! But I will keep this in my bathroom forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by marie5324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I have eczema on my legs, so I use this product at least every other day. It has really cleared up the irritation. I only need about a tablespoon, and since it lasts for a year, I won't be running out anytime soon. I'm not a big fan of the scent, it is a little strong, but the results outweigh my dislike of the scent.

**Update** I've been using this product for quite a while now and my eczema did come back. I still really enjoy using the product, but it's not quite the cure I was looking for. I'm having good results with J&J's baby oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by dhryan429

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I spend a ton on skincare for my face, but I was reluctant to shell out this much for that small a tub for my body. I was really hoping I wouldn't be impressed so I wouldn't have to rebuy...unfortunately that was not the case. This was phenomenal, and I do not throw around that kind of endorsement lightly. My d├ęcolletage looks glorious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AGGGHGHG I HATE THAT I LOVE THIS!

I went into Lush recently with a TREAT YO SELF mindset. I've been into baths lately and picked out some bath bombs... I like Lush but I'm not one of those fanatics that think every one of their products is made of liquid gold. Some of their stuff is rather hit and miss and of course it's all very spendy. It's tough for me to pay more than 20 bucks for a bottle of shower gel that I'm going to go through in record time.
So... one of the million salespeople that roams the floor of Lush approached me while I was shopping (since they're apparently fired if they leave anyone alone) and asked me if I had tried this stuff. I never had! So she brought me to a bowl of water, and scrubbed my hands with salt scrub and then applied this.
I thought it was regular lotion. Wrong! She explained that it's like a hair conditioner, except for your skin, and that you apply it in the shower or bath and then rinse it off.
Well, huh. The first thing I noticed about it was that it smelled HEAVENLY. Like a clean, sweet rose. Not like a powdery grandma-rose. The smell really lingers. And my hand did feel nice. Well, whatever, I thought. TREAT YO SELF. So I dropped the 32 bucks on this tub of skin conditioner.

I was prepared to regret my purchase but... I kind of keep falling deeper in love with Ro's Argan. I thought, what good can a rinse-off lotion do? I was wrong! When I rinse this stuff off my body, the water beads up like I'm a freshly waxed car. I actually feel moisturized. The smell sticks around, which I love. I really don't have one bad thing to say about it, except WHY YOU GOTTA COST SO MUCH, RO'S ARGAN.

I noticed some other reviewers complained of a beer scent. When I sniff the pot, there is a slight yeasty undertone that could account for this - I bought it at the beginning of May and the expiration date is in June of this year. So my thought is that this is a product that definitely needs to be used fresh, lest the scent go "off."
I don't think I'll have any problem using it up, though!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Um is it just me that didn't really like this? It smells great but left a weird oily coat on my body felt like I needed a shower again...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by spinacha

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will start this review by saying that I hate to moisturize my skin. I enjoy the feeling of skin that is moisturized, but I hate the process of having to actually rub moisturizer into the skin and waiting for it to absorb.

When I heard about Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, I thought it would be the perfect product for me, as I much prefer to do all my body care (e.g. exfoliating, moisturizing, etc.) while I am still in the shower.

This product delivers what it promises; your skin will be SUPER moisturized after using Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. Whenever I use this product, my skin is so soft and hydrated, and the feeling lasts all day. Amazing!

It is a vegan product, containing mostly natural ingredients. It also does not contain any form of alcohol, which is super important to me.

Some reviewers have commented that this product smells like beer. I don't get that. I'm about 1/2 way thru one jar, and to me the scent has not changed yet. It has a very, very strong smell of roses. Just imagine 100 fresh roses mashed up into a condensed paste and then mixed into a lotion. That is my sense from this product.

After using this product and rinsing off, it is imperative that you dry off with a towel and "dab" your skin dry. If you skip this step, your skin will feel greasy.

I have used the body conditioner roughly 5 times now, and I'm already 1/2 way thru the jar. It does go quickly, and it is an expensive product (i.e. a 225g jar sells for $32.50 in Canada).

One very important thing to mention is that whenever I use this product, after rinsing it off my skin my tub gets very slippery. To avoid anyone slipping, after I am done showering I will usually pour some boiling water onto the floor of the tub to wash away the remaining product.

All in all I do think this is an amazing product, and I will repurchase it. The only unfortunate thing is that it is super expensive, and the smell can be a bit overwhelming. Otherwise, I have only good things to say about it.