October 25, 2014 | 1754 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by sash1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay product. Nothing special. However, I ADORE the packaging and the one I have, Rose Elixir, literally smells like cotton candy (and not in a gross artificial way! It's amazing!)

Moisture: Not much, but didn't dry out my lips.

Color: Ok, lasted a while but not too long.

This isn't a bad product, it's just not that amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have three of these but my favourite is 518 Tender Mauve. My lips are very pigmented (so much so that make up artists ask if I am wearing lipstick when I am not and make tsking noises like they don't believe me and it's the wrong color) so this color is great. It tones down the pigment but doesn't cover it up. There is enough color that it doesn't quite look natural but it's very subtle and looks very pretty. It is by far the best color I have put on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by toronto27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this balm on a whim and I'm so glad that I did. I got it in Rose Elixir, which matches my actual lip colour and gives me smooth, moisturized, shimmery lips. It also plumps up my lips and gives me a sexy pout that lasts for hours, even after eating and drinking :) Buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by moonrider212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a whim and I really enjoy it specifically in the color Caramel Comfot. It is a shimmery nude color and the pigmentation is pretty nice but not over the top considering it is a balm. I had swatched other colors in store and noticed a lot of them didnt have much color to them besides the plum one which I'm definately considering on picking up.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

On a scale of pigmentation where a regular lipstick is a 10 and a clear balm is a 1, this product is a 3--and that's for the Plush Plum shade, which I think is the darkest. (For comparison, I'd give Revlon's Lip Butters an 8.) This product really should not be considered L'Oreal's version of the RLB's or Maybelline's Color Whispers. It is FAR more glossy and sheer than either of the other brands.

I was aware that these balms were sheer when I purchased, but I expected Plush Plum to be more akin to Clinique's Black Honey almost lipstick in terms of color payoff. (Black Honey is a sheer, translucent yet still deep berry shade.) This was about half as pigmented as BH. I actually really like the color and wouldn't mind the sheerness if this product weren't so annoyingly glossy. I hate the look of lip gloss on my lips and this was really shiny, almost like I had applied olive oil. Lastly, this shade has a bit of shimmer, which I don't like, but someone who does like shimmer probably wouldn't find it to be too much.

All I can say about the other shade I bought (Caring Coral) was that it made my lips shiny. There was absolutely no color payoff whatsoever. None. Sadly, I'll be returning both of these products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by MES

I bought this and Maybellines Baby Lips a few days apart, this was the later as I wasn't really in love with Baby Lips. Color payoff is better, but I feel like this has little to no moisterization properties. I still like the product, and continue to use it, but only as a semi-sheer lipstick. I also like the packaging on this better.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a total sucker. I bought a couple of the new pastel shades from the Versailles collection because I fell for the cute color arrangement. I got "legally regal" (violet) and "laze in the maze" (coral). They are terrible. They are not pigmented enough to actually show up as the color in the stick, on your lips. Instead, they end up making your lips a paler, unnatural shade of your normal lip color. It ends up looking like sickly corpse lips. Bleh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love this product. I bought the color "Plush Plum". In the applicator, it actually looks quite dark, so I was afraid it would apply more like a lipstick, but no! It goes on pretty sheer, but still with noticeable, very pretty color. It's perfect for daytime/work. The sheen from it is really gorgeous, too. I love that it has shine but no glitter, as I am starting to hate glitter in lip products. Really happy with my purchase-I will probably go back and get some different colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by katiesloth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love the way this balm feels because it really does feel just like a regular lip balm, but with a good amount of sheer color. Great for everyday wear. I have several different colors and I haven't been disappointed with any of them.

However, I just saw the new "Versailles Romance" collection at Target and naturally I flipped out because all of the lip colors and nail polishes were lovely pastel shades--I finally settled on something wild and crazy..."Sundays by the Seine." The balm itself is PASTEL BLUE so I was really excited to put it on and let my inner soft grunge tumblr princess out, but I was mega disappointed by the total lack of color. Seriously. I put it on, and nothing. No color. I might as well have put on chapstick. So I kept layering it on, and still nothing. Eventually, after ~45 seconds of continuous application, I ended up looking like I had some sort of discharge all over my mouth, but it still wasn't blue.

Not really sure what they were going for with this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This are great. I love them because they are glossy and creamy. I am in super in love with revlon lip butters, and I find this to be a nice equal. I have caramel comfort it's ammmmmmaaaZing! I think anyone could wear it.